Hotratchet

are we going to have servers in Asia?

Recommended Posts

are we going to have servers in Asia? I played for awhile and i kept on dying. Found out that my ping was around 330+ which sucks. Please put up servers in Asia. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't be Singapore, they monitor traffic in and out and use substandard infrastructure, meaning that the latency to Singapore for an AUS/NZ based player is actually worse than connecting to US West Coast servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently, it is unplayable for me. I live in Thailand with fiber optic 50 mb/s internet and the game forces me to connect to US servers which is no doubt at least 300 ping. Every time I encounter someone I put 5 bullets into them with my AKS-74u and even a head shot most of the times it doesn't do anything to them and I just die every encounter. The game tells me I only hit them 1 time.

This is extremely disappointing, I don't understand why the game forces me to connect to US servers even though I would have lower ping with Australian/EU servers. So unless they put in South East Asia/East Asia servers I can't play the game at all.

I'm tired of being neglected as a gamer just because I live in this region of the world.

Edited by Xiry
grammatical errors
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Xiry said:

Currently, it is unplayable for me. I live in Thailand with fiber optic 50 mb/s internet and the game forces me to connect to US servers which is no doubt at least 300 ping. Every time I encounter someone I put 5 bullets into them with my AKS-74u and even a head shot most of the times it doesn't do anything to them and I just die every encounter. The game tells me I only hit them 1 time.

This is extremely disappointing, I don't understand why the game forces me to connect to US servers even though I would have lower ping with Australian/EU servers. So unless they put in South East Asia/East Asia servers I can't play the game at all.

I'm tired of being neglected as a gamer just because I live in this region of the world.

To be fair and not to really offend you, but maybe you should've considered there currently are a EU/RUS/US versions? quite sure there isn't a asien version .. so kinda expected ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Experience in EFT for anyone outside EU/RUS/US is just terrible. They mentioned they were going to have Oceanic/Asia servers but they did not say when. We're still left in the dark about it and it's getting frustrating.

I'm seriously hoping it comes during beta. God forbid, they decide not to put servers up in Oceania/Asia because of some stupid reason like playerbase is too small. 

I don't understand why it takes them so long to do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LegendaryDragon said:

To be fair and not to really offend you, but maybe you should've considered there currently are a EU/RUS/US versions? quite sure there isn't a asien version .. so kinda expected ?

Not really, when you purchase the game (depending when) you have EU, CIS, Other....

I'm fairly confident that Asia falls within 'Other', as does Australia, Brazil, Ghana, etc, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2017 at 9:56 AM, LegendaryDragon said:

To be fair and not to really offend you, but maybe you should've considered there currently are a EU/RUS/US versions? quite sure there isn't a asien version .. so kinda expected ?

I don't know much about game development but from what I've heard, different games handle "netcode" differently, as in, you can play a multiplayer game with 200+ without any problems at all because the "netcode" is "good".

I've noticed that high ping in games like Arma 2,3 and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds didn't affect anything at all. I play with 200+ ping regularly in Arma and PUBG all the time and if I didn't tell you I connected to an EU server, you would think I was connected to a server a few kilometers away (I'm not kidding).

So this is what I assumed with EFT. I assumed the "netcode" was "good", like Arma and PUBG, even if I had doubts, the ONLY way to find out is to buy the game for myself and try it - and so this is what I found out, it's unplayable.

Eventually, this is going to be a catch-22 and someone needs to take a step forward otherwise it's never going to go anywhere. If the Asian/Oceania playerbase is too small, servers won't come up, if the servers won't come up, Asian/Oceania players aren't going to buy the play the game, thus the playerbase will remain small.

Great game and I'm glad I contributed to it in a small way by buying the EoD edition but see you when Asian servers are added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/07/2017 at 8:38 PM, Xiry said:

Currently, it is unplayable for me. I live in Thailand with fiber optic 50 mb/s internet and the game forces me to connect to US servers which is no doubt at least 300 ping. Every time I encounter someone I put 5 bullets into them with my AKS-74u and even a head shot most of the times it doesn't do anything to them and I just die every encounter. The game tells me I only hit them 1 time.

did this just start happening because its a major bug/problem that showed up in the last patch 

Where your rounds are not registering and the server are in  dynsc mode but there working on it don't judge it until they fix the bug

you will notice a difference im Australian  with 100mbit cable net when i first played the game it had minor lag to be expected  but im able to kill people and didnt have any problems with bullets not registering for example i play competitive rainbow six (use to) on american servers and got up to like last tiers of gold  ( didnt play it much) and it felt the same like its very playerble 

So hang in there it will only get better after they fix that bug because befor it, it was pretty good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say - Dying because Im lagging here in Australia is become extremely tiring and very very frustrating  - Im not sure what my ping is - but I wouldn't wonder that its 200+ - killing scavs is one thing but coming up to other players especially ones who are ready for you in a face to face engagement - I can blast away all I want with no effect - they just pop off a pistol and Im dead. Please tell me there will be a solution implemented further down the track as far as server locations being beneficial to Aus/NZ players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2017 at 10:46 PM, Xiry said:

I don't know much about game development but from what I've heard, different games handle "netcode" differently, as in, you can play a multiplayer game with 200+ without any problems at all because the "netcode" is "good".

I've noticed that high ping in games like Arma 2,3 and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds didn't affect anything at all. I play with 200+ ping regularly in Arma and PUBG all the time and if I didn't tell you I connected to an EU server, you would think I was connected to a server a few kilometers away (I'm not kidding).

So this is what I assumed with EFT. I assumed the "netcode" was "good", like Arma and PUBG, even if I had doubts, the ONLY way to find out is to buy the game for myself and try it - and so this is what I found out, it's unplayable.

Eventually, this is going to be a catch-22 and someone needs to take a step forward otherwise it's never going to go anywhere. If the Asian/Oceania playerbase is too small, servers won't come up, if the servers won't come up, Asian/Oceania players aren't going to buy the play the game, thus the playerbase will remain small.

Great game and I'm glad I contributed to it in a small way by buying the EoD edition but see you when Asian servers are added.

Oh damn I feel this and exactly like me. Fell in love with the game play, and only way to find out if I can play it in my Region (Ph) is to buy and test it. And yes am glad too, to be able to contribute with the EOD edition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.