Chefcannabliss

Very Impressed Even Though -Alpha

Purchased the "Edge of Darkness Limited Edition" today because i just couldn't wait for beta anymore after watching all the EFT videos on you-tube. Love the game so far and can not wait to help the game progress into the wonderful game that it can be! How do you feel about the game compared to other survival games on the market, even though this one is in Alpha at the time?? My personal opinion is that it is one of the top survival games, defiantly has my attention for the next few months. Good luck out there comrades!!!!

1 minute ago, creamymaster105 said:

Everytime I start the game I just get a purple screen.......

Logged a bug report or a ticket with BSG?

I like Tarkov quite a bit yeah. It does have some conceptual problems but all the quality of work has been very good so far.

I agree fully with everything said. If they continue to put the level of care into this game that they already have i can see it being very successful. Setting a bench mark for Survival & FPS games alike, is the best Alpha game that i have played for sure.  

The level of intensity in firefights or just trying to escape Tarkov with your life and loot is unsurpassed IMHO. That combined with the dark gritty atmosphere is what attracted me to the game in the first place. Watching some of the You-Tube videos the tension in the players voices is tangible. When you are dead you're dead. I'm really enjoying EFT. More maps and fleshed out systems will only make it better.

• Upvote 2

from what I've seen it channels STALKER so well, which I dont know if thats a compliment or not to teh devs since it's a completely different aestethic and different game, but that is a freaking great game(well not on a win 10 pc  through steam) that was well ahead of its peers in survival.  Surviving just to survive is dull as duck, surviving to sell a rifle for money and equipment is fun.

I've played a lot of early access games and from what I've seen this game is doing it right.

DayZ was better as a mod due to this in my opinion. 

Honestly i have been burned a few times on supporting games in alpha and pre release. However past experiences aside i felt like what i was seeing from this game warranted the investment in the edge of darkness Pack and i look forward to helping this game keep on its already outstanding path. The Dev's active participation in the community along with their willingness to ask for input is really satisfying. Also their outright statement that they do not want the game to devolve into D-bag Simulator 2.0 is really encouraging.

For an alpha it feels really good. there are going to be growing pains tho. with that said the severs are the frist pain the be fixed imo. 

After playing for 3 or 4 days this is the best early access or Alpha available imho.  I have 4 early access games through steam and they don't compare to this and they've been out for a year or two.  This game runs good and looks beautiful!  I'm running a 2500k and 1070 at 1440 and framerate is no issue.  I bought the EOD edition mainly for the bigger stash and secured container sizes thinking I'd try it and then wait for the beta but I will be playing everyday!  I'm blown away with the level of detail and atmosphere of the game. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, EscapeFromLag said:

Release $60 game with ongoing development and a few promised features missing => omg sh*t game!!!11
Release $150 buggy/broken tech demo with ongoing development and hardly any of the promised features but put an "Alpha" tag in front of it => omg sick and amazing game!!!11

- Gaming community in a nutshell

Played this trash for about 3 days and got cancer from all the laggy encounters. Other than the tech in form of graphics, sounds and customization, there is literally nothing good about this game. All the possibilities and simulated movements of the character are nice and all, but they are nothing but eye candy for useless choices. Using only 2 hands to control an entire char with all those controls like adjustible crouching etc. feels like I am controlling a Mech and not a human. Nobody will ever use those actively if they actually want to survive. Same goes for the entire Weapon Mod system - looks nice at first but turns out to be useless after the first 1 or 2 times you lose your weapon after hours of modding and testing them out. So the game not only is technically flawed, but also has conceptional problems which ultimately hurt the nice features of the game.

And don't even get me started on the development. It has been 1,5 years since the release of the trailer which shows even more than what there is now. For such a high price this is absolutely unacceptable. Even the terms of service for this game are shady af. No refunds in any case, payment is just deposit and not game purchase, they can ban you for no reason etc. etc... Issued a refund via PayPal from this garbage game. It will never be good. Certainly not anytime soon. It's just one of those forever in development games where you pay a company to make plans for the next scam while one guy is occasionally patching the game to make it seem like they are making progress. Clown fiesta.

Get real.

Don't encourage bs like this.

I really have no idea what's the matter with you. Did anybody force you to buy it before release? Do you even know what Alpha phase means? And why the hell you complain about the game taking long to be released? Would you prefer being it released now, unpolished?

You contradict yourself, and seem to be one of those customers that impulse buy every game then complain that's not finished when you get access to an alpha version while waiting for it's release. I really hope you'll get the game refunded so you can spend it back on pre-ordering "real games" that don't give you access to any pre-release version.

Edited by bilgacosmin

On 5/16/2017 at 11:57 AM, EscapeFromLag said:

Played this trash for about 3 days and got cancer from all the laggy encounters. Other than the tech in form of graphics, sounds and customization, there is literally nothing good about this game. All the possibilities and simulated movements of the character are nice and all, but they are nothing but eye candy for useless choices. Using only 2 hands to control an entire char with all those controls like adjustible crouching etc. feels like I am controlling a Mech and not a human. Nobody will ever use those actively if they actually want to survive. Same goes for the entire Weapon Mod system - looks nice at first but turns out to be useless after the first 1 or 2 times you lose your weapon after hours of modding and testing them out. So the game not only is technically flawed, but also has conceptional problems which ultimately hurt the nice features of the game.

Okay you played 3 days and got cancer with all the laggy encounters i have no idea where you live or where you live at but i think the issue there is actually your ISP( internet service provider)

I am living in Singapore, i played with strangers from EU from NA even South americas i have no issues Rekting players and scavs alike, another Singapore player pointed that his MS is 450 which is so terrible but personally i don't know my latency/ping/MS but im enjoying this game so much i don't even know how to explain it.

No one is EVER going to master and use all the controls " adjustable crouching etc" its never a MAIN function in the game and its not a "MUST" to learn these things heck not everyone who own the alpha access even know they exists at all, the game maybe technically flawed like how players love shooting people on their legs well YES technically every single country in our world DOESN'T have bullet proof Leg armor IN REAL LIFE for their entire army.

On 5/16/2017 at 11:57 AM, EscapeFromLag said:

And don't even get me started on the development. It has been 1,5 years since the release of the trailer which shows even more than what there is now. For such a high price this is absolutely unacceptable. Even the terms of service for this game are shady af. No refunds in any case, payment is just deposit and not game purchase, they can ban you for no reason etc. etc... Issued a refund via PayPal from this garbage game. It will never be good. Certainly not anytime soon. It's just one of those forever in development games where you pay a company to make plans for the next scam while one guy is occasionally patching the game to make it seem like they are making progress. Clown fiesta.

its been 1.5 years yes do you even do research before purchasing the game ?
personally even buying "left behind edition" just to get into alpha its a hearth ache for me, but i SOOOO want to play this game i took the leap but i did extensive research about it, 145 usd for the EOD edition its not over priced it's just you don't do all the necessary research, the company needs these funds because they aren't like those larger game companies with substantial reserved capital to invest in developing new games, you lack faith, yes its a huge leap of faith, i been playing for about a month and i find that the raid i had, its enough fun to pay off the 145USD price on EOD that i have invested on the game.

TL:DR
You are a rich brat that whines about the game who stated its still in alpha that you randomly throw cash towards, you have no rights to complain about anything because these are cause because you didn't do any more research about the game and the company that runs it.

1 hour ago, EscapeFromLag said:

I haven't said anything about that case and you already come up with excuses. Proof that you are one of the ignorant imbeciles who would find an excuse for the most obvious issues a game has. Every second player is complaining about desync issues and lag, which I also witnessed on streams. All you have to do is read the forums. Haven't you done your research?

What i meant is check your ISP if there is any issues, if there isn't then its fine
because i know some ISP really screw people up
before i purchased this game i already did extensive research and constantly question streamers about the game and i already know about the huge desync problem in customs and some lag spikes that happen, but lag issues isn't game breaking, only desync are game breaking. and desync mainly happen in customs sometimes in factory. i don't sit and read forums im active in twitch watching streamers and talking to players in EFT discord and discuss about issues and how consistent they might happen, if you think i read forums well im sorry i don't not that much and i only started expanding towards giving and helping other players in forums.

2 hours ago, EscapeFromLag said:

Thats one of those idiocity arguments from people who have absolutely no clue how the world outside of their basement works. Anybody who starts a new company can go to a bank to get funds for it. That's literally what everybody does. You don't need overpriced funds from the mass to make it work. And certainly not $150. Besides, you contradict yourself here. Is BSG now a small company (to justify the slow development) and hence doesn't need much money but charges more than AAA titles? Or is BSG a big company (to justify the high price) that gets no work done? Either case makes the development awful. The slow development pace and not getting any work done does not justify the high price tag. That's what it comes down to.

Well yeah true people do go get bank loans and stuff for capital, so we are all stupid to purchase the game at $150 ? well i guess its overpriced but not for me because like i said the amount of fun i had in the game already paid off

2 hours ago, EscapeFromLag said:

Better than a naive brat that thinks a game will magically become better if nobody points out the flaws with it and it's development. If garbage is what you want, garbage is exactly what you will get. That is how customer relations work. If you are satisfied with a release in 2025 after paying full price for the game, there is no reason for them to work faster on it. People like you are ruining games with that. Disgusting.

The game will get better yes but i never said that it will improve on itself, every game will change for balance and changes in meta sake but seriously give it some time, to be honest i don't really care when it releases because like i said i am content with what it already is and what it said to be, how am i ruining games? i am confused please do explain further, i do note issues with the game and stuff so why am i in the wrong for playing and noting issues that i am gonna compile and submit to the developers?

It took Ubisoft almost 7 years from the time that they teased The Division, to actually release the game..... so the fact that this has in been in alpha for 1.5 years is absolutely nothing. i would rather play an alpha for 4 years, than wait with absolutely nothing other than a teaser trailer for almost 7. You knew EXACTLY what you were getting in to when you pre order this game. clearly if you are disappointed and pointing out obvious things wrong with the game you clearly didnt do any research beforehand. so maybe next time before complaining about lag (which 3/4 of the time is NPC's spawning on the map), maybe you should troubleshoot and see if it is on your end instead of bashing the game and its developers. 

15 minutes ago, Zenky333 said:

It took Ubisoft almost 7 years from the time that they teased The Division, to actually release the game..... so the fact that this has in been in alpha for 1.5 years is absolutely nothing. i would rather play an alpha for 4 years, than wait with absolutely nothing other than a teaser trailer for almost 7. You knew EXACTLY what you were getting in to when you pre order this game. clearly if you are disappointed and pointing out obvious things wrong with the game you clearly didnt do any research beforehand. so maybe next time before complaining about lag (which 3/4 of the time is NPC's spawning on the map), maybe you should troubleshoot and see if it is on your end instead of bashing the game and its developers. 

Except that when you play various games, and always have a nice and smooth experience, except when playing EFT, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where the issue is. The game is woking for you? great for you, enjoy, but don't assume that no one encounters issues, we are numerous facing massive desync, huge lag, and gamebreaking bugs, and if you really believe that this is BS and everything is fine, then you're terribly wrong.

Edited by StyxMan

Lol i'm alright with it currently since I only won an alpha key.

At least i'm not complaining - have fun dude

I also think that it looks amazing currently and that all these problems are only temporary and that you will be pleasantly surprised when they fix these issues. Enjoy the humble pie, it's in the oven right now...

Yes you are definitely right in saying that the issues are terrible, but I believe that the good parts of this game greatly outshine the bad parts. Still everything that we see is only temporary.

Edited by alex8xela
Reason: more blah blah...
  • Upvote 1

man i remember the devs talking at GC2016 about working to release a beta build around nov 2016.i was so hopeful.
turned out this is just another game that will never leave alpha and i just wasted 100+€ on it.
can't say this was my biggest mistake in life, but it's in my top 10 list.
should've just went for steam early access asking for 30€ instead of the 100€ and be done with it and not feel bad about actually throwing out a game at the market, knowing it will most likely not ever release.
let's be realistic.by the time this game actually gets somewhere, all the hype it has created well over a year ago is long dead and the playerbase has shrunk to a small portion of what it used to be.
but hey, they got my money already, good for them, i guess