SappaZ

Why I think third person would be a game breaker

68 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, pizzadudecook said:

Sorry, I should have clarified. If it's a setting, odds are, someone will know how to glitch and bug it if its a mode that has a switch, there's always a possibility someone can turn it on in servers where the switch is off. That and the stuff doesnt matter.

It's not a matter of stuff, its a matter of ridiculous abilities, seeing over walls, around corners and whatnot. Pretty silly if you ask me for a game of this caliber.

Indeed this is my worry as well, if there were a cheat that were able to make use of this 3rd person option in a first person only server then I would absolutely agree with removing it as a setting.

In my opinion, third person mode would ruin the immersion of the game immensely. This game has a realistic feel to it. Third person shooters have more of an arcade feel.

I thought this was a joke when I first heard it. If it's true that you wouldnt be able to progress in 3rd person servers then why add it at all? 

If 3P is only allowed on own 3P servers, i wouldn´t have any problems at all.

I hope they both are in the game just separate personally, and have separate storage and everything.

Thank you for bringing the topic up, I couldn't agree more with regards to 3rd person perspective. After playing much arma and dayz I have to say I whole hardheartedly agree with the sentiments you expressed, SappaZ. 

Currently not planned and will likely never happen. Hopefully anyways.

2 hours ago, AngrySpartan said:

Currently not planned and will likely never happen. Hopefully anyways.

What do you mean "Currently not planned and likely never happen" ...

It's in the Action Gameplay[3:55 / 4:20]  video. 

Definitely not looking forward to 3rd person. I don't mind 3rd person shooters. I've played games that allowed both 1st/3rd person perspective since Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior to Arma 3 but I feel it will take away from the awesome emersion BSG has created with EFT with their FPS. Not to mention 3rd person isn't realistic. Soldiers that know an enemy is around a corner can't suddenly turn on 3rd person. They have real life tools they can use like mirrors, cameras or even lean and peak around the corner but not switch into some sort of 3rd person perspective to kill their target.

I know there will be separate servers for 3rd person and I heard they will make it so you can't progress your XP or save any gear but I just hope if some sort of exploit comes out where you can use 3rd on an 1st person server, then they should just do away with 3rd all together.

Obviously we won't know what to expect until they implement 3rd person perspective and give testers a good whack at finding any issues.

third person mode = easy 360 viewing and peaking around corners without needing to lean. I don't support it, and never have.

I'm new to the forum. What up people?!

I have only played EFT once at a friend's place with his lowsy game- and control settings. I've seen a couple of gameplay videos on youtube. I have been following the development tho. With that said... if they implement 3rd person this game and the idea of a new genre / era of truly hardcore immersive shooters the developers strive to set in motion is DEAD. 

I jumped aboard the Survarium project about three years ago when those developers promised an open world, hardcore, tactical S.T.A.L.K.E.R. successor. Some three years later they have abandonded the concept entirely, using the DayZ formula e.g. adding a new color to your boots every 4 months and calling it update 0.44 and and hoping for more microtransactions. I was a member on that forum since day one and the casual gamers were complaining about everything that made it an awesome FPS experience. "Too much recoil", "how come I die so fast", "this and that is OP", "weeooaaaah" <- baby crying. Even if the developers never planned on making an open world game and just cash in on microtransactions, I might have still played the game if they had kept the somewhat hardcore and intense formula. Now it is nothing but a shitty wannabe CoD clone. 

I have faith in Battlestate. It seems like they are legit. Like they truly want to give hardcore gamers what they are looking for. A shooter where one has to watch every step, mind everything from barrel length to ammunition, preserve energy, move tactically and so on. 3rd person would absolutely, without any doubt whatsoever, kill every subatomic aspect of that hardcore experience. 

There are literally thousands of normal mode shooters that feature 3rd person mode, minimaps, extensive HUDs, minimum damage models / heavy armor models, endless sprinting capabilities and so on. Seriously, the world doesn't need another one. If Battlestate give in to an insignificant, but loud as duck, group of 3rd person advocates and implement 3rd person IT IS ALL OVER. Eventually the "casual gamer" will have it his way and before you know it they start reducing recoil and add Quake-style power-ups. 

So please...

...you, the 3rd person advocate... you, the casual gamer who think it's too difficult in its current state... you, gamer who is missing some cognitive functions and require minimaps and arrows to show you where the enemies or your team mates are... you, sore loser and way too spoiled as a kid-gamer who demands that the game changes to suit your spoiled needs when you get killed due to the fact that you made a mistake... 

...kindly duck off and play one of the thousand available games that already feature the things you want in your shooters.

I recently gave away my 2 yo gaming rig to a friend's kids because I'm getting the duck out of country going for some real life adventures for quite some time. When EFT is finally released I might have to buy a new rig, given that Battlestate keeps it real yo. 

Excuse the rant! Can't be bothered to correct grammar and so on either. 

I totally agree with the OP, third person option would kill one of the main ideas of the game: realism. You get caught sneaking up on someone or could be seen behind an obstacle like a wall by another player using his third person view. You could also look over obstacles without sticking your head out, that's not realism.

Better add the possibility to move your head without moving your body, but that's not that important in my opinion.

christ I hope they do not do 3rd person. screw the snowflakes and CoD / DayZ fans.

3PP will be different servers just like some other games so personally I don't have an issue with it, if you just want 1PP then stay on 1PP servers right? Nothing wrong with a little variety though I think :) 

Posted (edited)

It would ruin the game, this is why I don't play arma/dayz etc third person games, this is why I moved onto this game.

TAW_LemonK.

Edited by lemonkelly