WelshZeCorgi

Will you be able to throw the tomahawk? Or the knife for that matter?

vor 6 Minuten schrieb titi4600:

This isn't CoD :P

this is the ultimate counter against some good suggestion.

I think its a good idea when it stays in the realism picture and take in count of body armors and such.

• Upvote 1

This isn't a good suggestion in my opinion, we're talking about realisme, and I know how hard it is to throw knives or axes and make the blade touch the target first and not the grip. Plus what would be the point of doing this ? So you can kill people from distance when you just have a melee weapon ?

1 hour ago, titi4600 said:

Plus what would be the point of doing this ? So you can kill people from distance when you just have a melee weapon ?

Uhm...yeah..I do believe that's the idea. 

• Upvote 1

Its something we discussed yesterday on Tarkov Thursday - as far as we know, there was no official word of it, but we put it up as one of the suggestions in the forum post!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, titi4600 said:

This isn't a good suggestion in my opinion, we're talking about realisme, and I know how hard it is to throw knives or axes and make the blade touch the target first and not the grip. Plus what would be the point of doing this ? So you can kill people from distance when you just have a melee weapon ?

12 minutes ago, sagetage said:

Uhm...yeah..I do believe that's the idea. 

Hahahahaa !!! 

Your answer to that question made me laugh mayn !!

throwing melee weapons would give you an serious disadvantage since you have to throw it like a real knife from the blade and not from the handle +you will lose you melee weapons and be unarmed for the whole raid and it should bounce off armor you can already use other features like right clicking idk what purpose it has but i hope it will be for smacking down doors this is not rust or any other cod game i hate this idea its stupid and nobody as an Private military contractor would do that throwing knives shows yourunproffesionality (dont mind if its spelled wrong) you should habe been trained with hand to hand combat since you are a PMC (private military contractor) SO NO DEAL WITH IT THE CONCEPT AT ITSELF IS WRONG ... 

Edited by mr_smith

3 hours ago, titi4600 said:

5 minutes ago, mr_smith said:

throwing melee weapons would give you an serious disadvantage since you have to throw it like a real knife from the blade and not from the handle +you will lose you melee weapons and be unarmed for the whole raid and it should bounce off armor you can already use other features like right clicking idk what purpose it has but i hope it will be for smacking down doors this is not rust or any other cod game i hate this idea its stupid and nobody as an Private military contractor would do that throwing poo shows you unproffesionality (dont mind if its spelled wrong) you should habe been trained with hand to hand combat since you are a PMC (private military contractor) SO NO DEAL WITH IT THE CONCEPT AT ITSELF IS WRONG ... 

My question wasn't a suggestion, the question was "Will you be able to," not "We should be able to," I was just wondering about the planned mechanics in the full release, calm down.

Edited by WelshZeCorgi

Just now, WelshZeCorgi said:

My question wasn't a suggestion, the question was "Will you be able to," not "We should be able to," I was just wondering about the planned mechanics in the full release, calm down.

might have gone overkill on my words sorry for that but i just wanted to make my point im really against it

1 hour ago, bigkerm91 said:

Hahahahaa !!! 

Your answer to that question made me laugh mayn !!

Last question was pretty sarcastic but anyway, this is pointless fromy point of view, too serious advantage over players with firearms and this would turn the game into knives/axes throwing simulator.

47 minutes ago, titi4600 said:

Last question was pretty sarcastic but anyway, this is pointless fromy point of view, too serious advantage over players with firearms and this would turn the game into knives/axes throwing simulator.

Yeah I'm not sure on my view on this. I mean yeah it will give them a chance to hit you at a distance, but:

1. It will probablybe very difficult to hit someone with it.

And

2. If they implement things like short throwing distance and you lose your melee weapon when you throw it and have to pick it back up, I think this will balance it out :) 

6 hours ago, bigkerm91 said:

Yeah I'm not sure on my view on this. I mean yeah it will give them a chance to hit you at a distance, but:

1. It will probablybe very difficult to hit someone with it.

And

2. If they implement things like short throwing distance and you lose your melee weapon when you throw it and have to pick it back up, I think this will balance it out :) 

That's too simplistic. The type of knife makes a massive difference. A bayonet knife is a big, thick and heavy blade on a heavy handle/mount. You could not throw something like that with much effectiveness. The best throwing knives are small, dense, but comparatively lighter than other types, with a docked handle and a blade that's weighted towards the tip. That's not to say that you couldn't kill someone with a thrown hunting knife, but to have any degree of realism with thrown weapons, a lot of research and detail would need to be done in order to do something as simple as throwing it.

Combat knife- can't effectively throw it.

BW-ACK-Advanced-Combat-Knife1-600x600.jpg

Throwing knife- can't effectively stab/slash with it. And even then, how lethal is a thrown knife, realistically? I have trouble imagining killing someone with one of these. It doesn't seem heavy enough to pierce bone.

Naruto-Kunai-Throwing-Knives-w-sheath-jpg.jpg  

Edited by WelshZeCorgi

11 hours ago, mr_smith said:

throwing melee weapons would give you an serious disadvantage since you have to throw it like a real knife from the blade and not from the handle +you will lose you melee weapons and be unarmed for the whole raid and it should bounce off armor you can already use other features like right clicking idk what purpose it has but i hope it will be for smacking down doors this is not rust or any other cod game i hate this idea its stupid and nobody as an Private military contractor would do that throwing knives shows yourunproffesionality (dont mind if its spelled wrong) you should habe been trained with hand to hand combat since you are a PMC (private military contractor) SO NO DEAL WITH IT THE CONCEPT AT ITSELF IS WRONG ... 

PMC is Private Military Company. IE: USEC/BEARS

PSC is Private Security Contractor IE:Operator 

Throwing a blade or a Hatchet isn't that hard, hitting the target is. 

I'd be down for it being in. You miss you, you lose your melee. Then you are now playing Fugitive the real game.

I think if you are wearing mid tear armor or anything with front mag pouches (provided mags are in there and the mag would take durability damage), it should do almost no damage.

4 hours ago, WelshZeCorgi said:

That's too simplistic. The type of knife makes a massive difference. A bayonet knife is a big, thick and heavy blade on a heavy handle/mount. You could not throw something like that with much effectiveness. The best throwing knives are small, dense, but comparatively lighter than other types, with a docked handle and a blade that's weighted towards the tip. That's not to say that you couldn't kill someone with a thrown hunting knife, but to have any degree of realism with thrown weapons, a lot of research and detail would need to be done in order to do something as simple as throwing it.

Combat knife- can't effectively throw it.

BW-ACK-Advanced-Combat-Knife1-600x600.jpg

Throwing knife- can't effectively stab/slash with it. And even then, how lethal is a thrown knife, realistically? I have trouble imagining killing someone with one of these. It doesn't seem heavy enough to pierce bone.

Naruto-Kunai-Throwing-Knives-w-sheath-jpg.jpg  

i would recommend looking this up its really neat actly 

I say this because you could very easily kill someone by throwing a knife or axe at them and if u dont kill them ur still gonna do some mean damage because it will stick into you if even a half inch of steel is in you ur in for some pain.

Also pros do get all forms of training and using ur knife is one of the first layers to that training 

On 1/20/2017 at 7:23 PM, Hawk-0 said:

i would recommend looking this up its really neat actly 

I say this because you could very easily kill someone by throwing a knife or axe at them and if u dont kill them ur still gonna do some mean damage because it will stick into you if even a half inch of steel is in you ur in for some pain.

Also pros do get all forms of training and using ur knife is one of the first layers to that training 

Getting shot hurts worse yet I have axe wielding lumberjacks charging me even after a few shots to their chest. Plus I have seen my fair share of violence and it is rather common to see people get stabbed, (even shot) and not even seem effected. Adrenaline and proper training goes a long way in tanking hits like that.

Most of the gear these guys would be wearing would easily blunt the force of a thrown knife limiting the damage and the puncture depth. And that's on the assumption the throw was perfect and the blade hit exactly as intended.

On 1/20/2017 at 6:25 AM, titi4600 said:

Just wanna throw out there that in real life spetznaz operators are trained to throw tomahawks while doing backflips, with precision. (please bear in mind the difference between precision and accuracy.) done right this would be a practical and useful mechanic. it would be good as a sorta last ditch situation, which is what spetznaz use it for. realistically we would need to bear in mind the condition of the person throwing it (how hurt are they, what stamina are they at, and are they wearing anything that would hinder the movement of the arms (a rig, backpack, or armor) then where does it land when it hits the target, if it hits them in the chest big whoop, but head shot, or even a limb shot would cause bleeding. itd be kinda cool if they could make it so the axe stuck into them, so now you have a wound that may or may not bleed depending on if the blade is lodged in or not. just a few ideas and things to take note of.

Am ‎20‎.‎05‎.‎2017 um 08:26 schrieb greeseyl38:

Just wanna throw out there that in real life spetznaz operators are trained to throw tomahawks while doing backflips, with precision. [blablabla]  itd be kinda cool if they could make it so the axe stuck into them, so now you have a wound [blablabla]

oh Boy please.... xD

The only way I could see this as not gamebreaking is when it:                                                                           a. Does not affect armor                                                                                                                       b. Does not instant kill                                                                                                                           c. Makes you lose your tomohawk/knife/weapon when you do so. Like from your stash

However, doing so would just make it obsolete and as a way to annoy people instead of doing work.

Edited by rayfang2000

On 20. 1. 2017 at 3:37 PM, mr_smith said:

throwing melee weapons would give you an serious disadvantage since you have to throw it like a real knife from the blade and not from the handle. ...

Do you know you can also throw the knives from the handle?

On 1/19/2017 at 5:18 AM, WelshZeCorgi said:

As stated, the question in the title. 

Have you ever tried, IRL?  Nowhere near as easy, or as effective, as you may have seen it portrayed elsewhere.

In any case, why would you throw a weapon (as expensive to replace as a Thomas-Hawk) away?

If you're reduced to no other weapon than a knife, just... why?

Wait for a suppressor for your primary or secondary weapon instead.

People stuck with knives or tomahawks aren't very quiet afterwards either.

Vote No.

AtV2

Okay, so you throw your knife / tomahawk / shurigen
What guarantee do you get that you earn an easy kill ?
What if you hit them with the grip side or the knife is not inert enough to hurt the person ? What if he is wearing heavy set of clothes (e.g. a couple of layers; PACA , Blackrock/AVS) and the knife won't penetrate but only do slight trauma damage ? What is the point that he pops you in the f_ng head afterwards ?