WelshZeCorgi

Will you be able to throw the tomahawk? Or the knife for that matter?

I just thought about this myself. Glad I did a search first rather than create a new topic. I like the idea of throwing knives or even the tomahawk for stealthy short range take downs.

The only thing that I can think of adding to this idea (it might have already been suggested, I didn't read all the replies) is maybe ballistic/pilum knives. I know that the Spetsnaz used them at one time and maybe still do, I haven't checked.

Ballistic_knife-01.jpg

Edited by mrt456
Added image

10 hours ago, Juppie said:

Okay, so you throw your knife / tomahawk / shurigen
What guarantee do you get that you earn an easy kill ?
What if you hit them with the grip side or the knife is not inert enough to hurt the person ? What if he is wearing heavy set of clothes (e.g. a couple of layers; PACA , Blackrock/AVS) and the knife won't penetrate but only do slight trauma damage ? What is the point that he pops you in the f_ng head afterwards ?

It's an attack of last resort. 

The point of it is to gamble. x)

• Like 1

I think it should be an option. It would be highly unlikely to work, but it could cause a stun or vision effect on someone. To be honest this topic reminded me of that scene in Saving Private Ryan where the sergeant throws his helmet at an enemy and then they both fiddle around to try and get their pistols out ;P

Edited by vatt84
spelling error
  • Upvote 1

On 15/09/2017 at 6:19 AM, Wilddog73 said:

@mrt456 I want to +rep you, but it won't let me...

Strange. It might be because I'm below the 20 post threshold. Either that or the developers/forum admins just hate me :D

On 9/17/2017 at 2:40 PM, mrt456 said:

Strange. It might be because I'm below the 20 post threshold. Either that or the developers/forum admins just hate me :D

Their defenders certainly know how to quell mention of dissatisfaction when it comes to communications. x)

Edited by Wilddog73