Frantic

#1 EFT Discord (Unofficial)

92 posts in this topic

Howdy Everyone, I'm the owner of the Unofficial EFT Discord community. Although the server is well known to most people around the forums, twitch streams and generally guys who are involved in the game for quite long, I'd like to remind to all newcomers that Discord is basically a place for people who are seeking a place to chat, tips/tricks/tactics, make groups for raids, tech-support on the most common and some more complicated issues/bugs someone will find throughout the Alpha testing and of course having some fun.

We recently added a place to post/promote your content (twitch, youtube), so it's a great opportunity to show dat skillz of yours to our community.

Server counts close to 4000 members as we speak, so it would be easy to find a group or a partner to play with. We have 20+ voice channels dedicated to parties, and we continuously add more.

To join the server you have to click this Invite here and verify your Discord account.

TL;DR If you're searching for a place to gather and enjoy this awesome game with others, join the server by clicking the invite above. See you in Tarkov :unice:

-Frantic

discordeft.JPG

Great jod Frantic!

I was looking for a discord channel last week and couldn't find anything.

Edited by KREION

If I knew how Discord worked, would be happy to come in sometime. Until then - I'll be in teamspeak.

11 hours ago, Blitzkrieg said:

If I knew how Discord worked, would be happy to come in sometime. Until then - I'll be in teamspeak.

Hey, its not that hard! Imagine a combination of Teamspeak with mIRC, you got text and voice channels simultaneously. Give it a try and if u got any questions ask me on discord.

Maybe you should put a simple tutorial from YouTube or something as a link on your OP.

I was a little skeptical myself at the beginning, until I gave it a go.

It is worth the 5 minutes one needs to get over it!

11 hours ago, KREION said:

Maybe you should put a simple tutorial from YouTube or something as a link on your OP.

I was a little skeptical myself at the beginning, until I gave it a go.

It is worth the 5 minutes one needs to get over it!

I add both text and video tutorials on #announcement channel. So take a moment to read or watch (or both):).

9 hours ago, Frantic said:

Hey, its not that hard! Imagine a combination of Teamspeak with mIRC, you got text and voice channels simultaneously. Give it a try and if u got any questions ask me on discord.

It doesn't seem to pick up my mic, that's my main issue.

6 hours ago, Blitzkrieg said:

It doesn't seem to pick up my mic, that's my main issue.

Did you watch the tutorials? I think they explain everything on user setting. 
Come on discord and may i can guide you through there.

52 minutes ago, Samsevo said:

what is Discord ?

A communitcating channel, kinda like Teamspeak, Ventrilo, or sometimes Skype, but a bit more user-friendlier.

Edited by Europoor

2 minutes ago, Europoor said:

A communitcating channel, kinda like Teamspeak, Ventrilo, or sometimes Skype, but a bit more user-friendlier.

oh ok thx

В 10.02.2016в15:37, Frantic сказал:

Ok, i delete the previous thread cause it was abit too much (spam etc.).

Anyways, i made an un-official Discord community for EFT. Its still in WIP but its user-friendly enough for some chit-chat and get to know each other.

I just want to mention that i totally dont have any profit from it and the whole purpose of it, is to get the community closer and share our thoughts and future things about the game.

Also if anyone is experienced in the app and wants to contribute itll be much of a help. Dev's are more than welcome there to make the place alot better in many aspects.

Thats all! If youre interested click the invitation below and you are good to go! 

Discord Invitation

discordeft.JPG

and you went well ....

10 hours ago, Samsevo said:

tryed Discord today and i approve. easy to use and better sound quality then ts

Alot of my mates mention that too. Imo TS is better in voice quality but Discord its the best communicate tool ive seen so far cause it combines really good both text&voice. Its abit confusing for starters but once you get used to it you gonna love it. 

Why even begin that discord thing ? 90% of people use teamspeak, and teamspeak works perfect and is used for 99% of all games. Makes no sense installing another "talk program" :/
Ridiculous.
Sorry for my saltyness, but I cant find a single reason not to use teamspeak.

4 minutes ago, TomatoDK said:

Why even begin that discord thing ? 90% of people use teamspeak, and teamspeak works perfect and is used for 99% of all games. Makes no sense installing another "talk program" :/
Ridiculous.
Sorry for my saltyness, but I cant find a single reason not to use teamspeak.

Your statement doesn't make sense. You ask the question why, then explain it by that most other people user other ones. To be honest I could compare teamspeak and discord like facebook and twitter. Both of them has the same functions, but they work totally differently. (You didn't even try it out, or looked it up, but already speaking with criticism.) I don't want to convince you to use it, but what if it's better in some ways?

Im asking why use it, CAUSE there´s ALREADY teamspeak.
Why stop using teamspeak, when teamspeak is perfect for gamers.
"if it aint broken - dont fix/change it" :)

1 minute ago, TomatoDK said:

Im asking why use it, CAUSE there´s ALREADY teamspeak.
Why stop using teamspeak, when teamspeak is perfect for gamers.
"if it aint broken - dont fix/change it" :)

I am using both for example. Do I think that Teamspeak is bad/broken? Not really. Do I think that Discord is better? In some ways. 

48 minutes ago, Europoor said:

I am using both for example. Do I think that Teamspeak is bad/broken? Not really. Do I think that Discord is better? In some ways. 

Lets agree to disagree :)
All good :)

On 2/15/2016 at 11:50 AM, Europoor said:

Why not Mumble? ;)

5 minutes ago, Scruffy said:

Why not Mumble? ;)

Because Discord! That's why! welcome ;)

1 hour ago, Frantic said:

Because Discord! That's why! welcome ;)

From my and my friends experiment i don't really like discord. When i start up a game everyone's voice starts to lag for 5 seconds and i am not alone with issue, all my friends have it too. Also if you want server for your own, you can't host it yourselves and server locations are limited to few places which make my ping 40 higher in discord than TS3. I usually use mumble or TS3, it depends on who i am playing with.

Edited by vammaane

22 minutes ago, vammaane said:

From my and my friends experiment i don't really like discord. When i start up a game everyone's voice starts to lag for 5 seconds and i am not alone with issue, all my friends have it too. Also if you want server for your own, you can't host it yourselves and server locations are limited to few places which make my ping 40 higher in discord than TS3. I usually use mumble or TS3, it depends on who i am playing with.

Me and my clan we use it for 2 months+ now(voice chat mostly), i must admit that some issues have occured(server dc's, some voice-lag), the software is still in development though... Aside from voice issues (which is rare for me), the text channels are awesome and very user-friendly for discussions. Also its really good on making communities in general, take for example Division Discord which counts over 1000+ people active at the time we speak and 5k in total. Anyhow Discord is free and everyone is welcome and mostly those who dont have a partner/team for EFT Testing period (and release ofc). 

Dear Developers, Moderators, Staff and Community.

I'm the server owner of EFT Discord Community.
We had some discussion on Discord and many people propose to invite you on our server, the purpose of it is to come even closer to community, live updates&feedback on testing period and of course to make Discord even more friendly and cozy place for everyone in there. At the time we speak, we count more than 70 people in total, which increase day after day.  

That's it. I hope you find this interesting and give it at least a try and see how it works ( If u don't know already). 
This is the invitation, you click on it, join the server through web, after that you can download the full application for better use.

Cheers, 

@Claus @TarkovEscaper