edgey642

COmic Book style sketch

Had a slow day at work today (weekend lol) so did a sketchy comic book style drawing of the Tarkov cover art. I may colour it later or if anyone who's got some PS skills wants to use it for an image, feel free.

May add more of this to this thread if you guys like this one

tarkov1.png

• Upvote 7

I coloured it and made the background transparent so people can use it for sigs or banners or whatever

tarkov2.png

Edited by edgey642
  • Upvote 5

One of our clan members and Tarkov player, @falldown made this very cool image using my drawing. This is now my Desktop Wallpaper :begreat:

The 2nd image I just used Canva to add the EFT logo and changed dimensions to 1080p

SCAV-Edgey.png

Untitled_design.png

Edited by edgey642
  • Upvote 1

Spoiler
On 2/25/2017 at 11:34 AM, edgey642 said:

I coloured it and made the background transparent so people can use it for sigs or banners or whatever

tarkov2.png

Going to use this for my YouTube Channel banner. I'll show you what that's like when I'm done.

• Upvote 1

On 17/03/2017 at 9:30 AM, Colonel Twerkins said:
  Hide contents

Going to use this for my YouTube Channel banner. I'll show you what that's like when I'm done.

Nice one mate, been subbed to your channel since the Tarkov content so will be cool to see my work on your banner :begreat:

Was hoping to do a few more like this but been working alot lately and not had the time. So fingers crossed I'll get the odd moment to work on some more stuff

Edited by edgey642

On 25/02/2017 at 3:40 PM, edgey642 said:

Had a slow day at work today (weekend lol) so did a sketchy comic book style drawing of the Tarkov cover art. I may colour it later or if anyone who's got some PS skills wants to use it for an image, feel free.

tarkov1.png

This image looks great done on lazer engraver very nice work.

17621693_1019396054858511_7296381956593492140_o.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Joker47 said:

This image looks great done on lazer engraver very nice work.

17621693_1019396054858511_7296381956593492140_o.jpg

This is amazing mate!! Awesome work! 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, edgey642 said:

This is amazing mate!! Awesome work! 

been off work today did this lol its the best i can do.

wallpaper USEC_edited-1.jpg

Edited by Joker47
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joker47 said:

"Blessed are the peacemakers....."

Actually a bible verse from Matthew 5:9....

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God"

2 hours ago, Joker47 said:

Really like this mate, you able to make a BEAR one?

• Upvote 1

On 2/26/2017 at 2:40 AM, edgey642 said:

tarkov1.png

On 2/26/2017 at 4:34 AM, edgey642 said:

tarkov2.png

So I originally saw this thread and thought "that's an awesome sketch!" but just came across the below image posted by a dev in the Russia 2028 Lore \ Arts of Russia 2028 thread and am wondering if you've simply applied a few photoshop filters and processes to make this "sketch"?

UCDRjeu_d3s.jpg

Don't get me wrong, if you've sketched that by hand even just based of the above image (which is a certainty) then that's still some awesome work, but here I was thinking it was an original creation and I feel as if you're taking complete credit for it. If it's just a direct copy into photoshop and then mucking around in there to create the "sketch" then that's clearly wrong to be taking credit in the way you are. Comparing the images, the sketch is so surgically precise compared to the original that at the very least it would have to be a hand trace from a print out of the original.

Can you please confirm what the case is OP?

- Valheru

Edited by Valheru_84

6 hours ago, Valheru_84 said:

So I originally saw this thread and thought "that's an awesome sketch!" but just came across the below image posted by a dev in the Russia 2028 Lore \ Arts of Russia 2028 thread and am wondering if you've simply applied a few photoshop filters and processes to make this "sketch"?

UCDRjeu_d3s.jpg

Don't get me wrong, if you've sketched that by hand even just based of the above image (which is a certainty) then that's still some awesome work, but here I was thinking it was an original creation and I feel as if you're taking complete credit for it. If it's just a direct copy into photoshop and then mucking around in there to create the "sketch" then that's clearly wrong to be taking credit in the way you are. Comparing the images, the sketch is so surgically precise compared to the original that at the very least it would have to be a hand trace from a print out of the original.

Can you please confirm what the case is OP?

- Valheru

Lol I have no Photoshop skills whatsoever so it's not a play with effects on the original image... But then again I never claimed it was an original image of my creation, infact anyone who's followed Tarkov or played it will know this is an iconic image and well known. So yes it is a copy, but I assumed people knew that, and if you read the OP that you quoted I said "did a sketchy comic book style drawing OF THE TARKOV COVER ART".

This was all done in Sketchbook Pro on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (so draw on screen tablet) And the reason it is precise is because I did trace the image. I watermarked the layer and used a "HB pencil" brush to get the main outlines then shaded and added the details freehand to mimic a comic book style. The reason I traced the main outline is because proportions are not my strength, plus I mainly wanted to dive straight into colouring the picture (which was also done completely freehand)

I'm not claiming or have not claimed to be any special artist in any sense. I never claimed this was my creation, but a "sketchbook style drawing of the Tarkov cover art". I would not simply add a filter to an image and call it my own. Despite the outline being traced, this still took many hours to create and I was happy with the outcome and wanted to share it on here... Nothing more nothing less.

I can, however, draw freehand too. It just takes me alot longer and in this case I was just after a certain style, plus "bored at work" lol, so it kept me occupied. Here's an example of one of my freehand drawing (not Tarkov of course) if you find the original image, you'll notice proportions are out in places. Which is why I sometimes use the tracing method

batman_colour2.thumb.jpg.14c56b401276efe095c67fd1ca8f80c8.jpg

So it's not that I can't do it, I suppose you could say I was just being lazy on the OP picture :begreat: