Blackb1rd

GDC 2017: BSG will introduce a new game mechanic - Scavs gameplay

110 posts in this topic

While at GDC 2017, Escape from Tarkov developer Battlestate Games will introduce a new game mechanic/faction for the highly anticipated MMO/FPS. Previously seen only in videos, Battlestate will be showcasing gameplay based on a special faction within the game called the Scavs.

Scavs are marauders who remained in the city of Tarkov after the government lockdown in order to seize property left behind by citizens, while also fighting any forces attempting to restore law and order in the city. The Scavs will be a playable faction, and will cause plenty of trouble for those playing as Operatives of the two Escape from Tarkov PMC factions (USEC and BEAR).

Soon, players will be able to enter Escape from Tarkov raids as the renegade Scavs - and upon doing so,  they will be assigned a random player name, equipment and weapons. The Scavs can group up in packs of up to four players. If a Scav player survives the raid, they will be able to move collected loot into the stash of their main character. The opportunity to play as Scav will be limited in frequency, so it's best to jump into the Scav role while you can!

"Playing as a Scav is like playing the game without rules, one where the players can experience quite different gameplay with a focus on reckless abandon,” commented Nikita Buyanov, COO of Battlestate Games and Project Lead, Escape From Tarkov. "The Scav player is spawned together with AI Scavs. Scav tactics change up the overall style of raid gameplay, and in most cases, complicating the lives of BEAR and USEC players, while also fighting amongst themselves." 

After GDC 2017, Scav gameplay will added to the upcoming closed beta version. 

6CSPGiWVsGo.jpg

35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SCAV MODE HYPE

I can't understate how excited everyone will be to hear this news. Great job BSG.

As if it wasn't already a hard enough game. SO excited.

Edited by Olloch
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B2c_U25CEAEVFDB.jpg

Also, Shotgun on woods.... you already dead man,  You just don't know it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweeet! Looking forward to it! 

 

Edit: Does this also mean you guys are looking at Q1 beta still?

Edited by pizzadudecook
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one can't wait for this.

Edited by Orbixal
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

playable scavs!

 

closed beta soonish!

 

hmm, that is acceptable news.

 

edit - so GDC 2017 is now?

Edited by 2legs
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a great innovative idea. Hope it also plays well.

Hmm so the Scav AI won't attack the Player Scav's?

Thought it be cool, if you could team up with AI and/or Player scav's! (of course the number of scav's in a group would be limited)!? 

Would be awesome if Battlestate could also put in place an in-game voice chat like in Arma 3 (lips moving on character and directional audio based on where you are). That would make the game even more realistic.

Scenario:

You got jumped by a group of scav's, and you are alone (seemingly).

Then you start begging for your life to spare you (weapons above hands, or you could put the weapons down to the ground), and in the meantime your friends are in distance, waiting, waiting for the signal and ready to shoot with sniper rifles. Would be epic to see this happening. Or any random event like this.

This definitely adds a new element to the game that I am looking forward trying out.

 Great news and thanks for the update!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 5 Minuten schrieb Steventot:

Would be awesome if Battlestate could also put in place an in-game voice chat like in Arma 3 (lips moving on character and directional audio based on where you are). That would make the game even more realistic.

is comming ^^

cant wait for scav mode

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im more excited for closed beta tbh... So many friends will join the Escape from Tarkov

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excited for scav mode.

Im wondering though at what point a scav player will be able to leave? If they can leave at any time, wont they just go loot, kill a few scavs and get out?

I hope this will not be the case and it will actually bring in more PvP.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how this will be.


Spawning with random Gear, so is scav like a "trial play" besides your main char just to wreck some guys and experience a different gameplay (at the beginning). Does he have a stash too when he spawns with random gear?
Or is it a possibility to play scavs besides your main char? Does the Scavs get a level system? What influences this?

I hope we get some more infos soon. :)

On the other hand, scavs that spawn like in the 3rd wave in factory or 2 player scavs camping the gas station on customs, or the dorms ... the bunkers in woods.

Scavs controlled by players makes it even more exciting. :D
Could be way more hard to do kniferuns and lootruns on those maps in the future.

Edited by COLanski
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, COLanski said:

Spawning with random Gear, so is scav like a "trial play" besides your main char just to wreck some guys and experience a different gameplay (at the beginning). Does he have a stash too when he spawns with random gear?
Or is it a possibility to play scavs besides your main char? Does the Scavs get a level system? What influences this?

"If a Scav player survives the raid, they will be able to move collected loot into the stash of their main character."

Scav mode will most likely be mostly used to try and gather loot for your main character since you start with random gear while playing as a scav, so you're not risking your own gear. It's a great gameplay mechanic for a game where loosing gear will be a everyday burden.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, sass06 said:

Excited for scav mode.

Im wondering though at what point a scav player will be able to leave? If they can leave at any time, wont they just go loot, kill a few scavs and get out?

I hope this will not be the case and it will actually bring in more PvP.

Scavs should be able to leave at any point... And sure you can try to kill a few scavs to get loot , but then you will have all the pmc´s and the scavs trying to kill you. Also you cannot keep the gear you spawn with, so you need to loot more gear then what you spawned with to be able to leave.

 

13 minutes ago, COLanski said:

I wonder how this will be.


Spawning with random Gear, so is scav like a "trial play" besides your main char just to wreck some guys and experience a different gameplay (at the beginning). Does he have a stash too when he spawns with random gear?
Or is it a possibility to play scavs besides your main char? Does the Scavs get a level system? What influences this?

I hope we get some more infos soon. :)

On the other hand, scavs that spawn like in the 3rd wave in factory or 2 player scavs camping the gas station on customs, or the dorms ... the bunkers in woods.

Scavs controlled by players makes it even more exciting. :D
Could be way more hard to do kniferuns and lootruns on those maps in the future.

Most of this information is on the forums ( at least in the form or rumors ).

No, Scavs won´t have a stash!! if you extract with gear it will go to your PMC stash, Scavs won´t get a LVL system cause your main character is and will allways be the PMC. 

Finally, the point of playing as Scav will mainly be to get some gear when you are out of gear in your PMC stash.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such amazing news!
does this mean we wont be seeing any scavs gameplay in alpha and will have to wait for closed beta as mentioned above?
either way i cant wait

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The opportunity to play as Scav will be limited in frequency"

Sweet 

Edited by Wiseb1rd
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hyped to see this SCAV gameplay. But i'm more hyped about the beta, since its the first time they actually talk about the beta !

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor einer Stunde schrieb COLanski:

Spawning with random Gear, so is scav like a "trial play" besides your main char just to wreck some guys and experience a different gameplay (at the beginning).

you brought it to the point dude ^^

you can escape fast with that and have the random loot save or play with the other playerscavs against the player or try to backup the bots ^^

 

vor 47 Minuten schrieb mr0pi:

 

No, Scavs won´t have a stash!! if you extract with gear it will go to your PMC stash, Scavs won´t get a LVL system cause your main character is and will allways be the PMC. 

Jain (yes/no in same) after u extract u get to your stash and be able to put stuff from the Scav u played into it, then after that i think u come to the mainmenu.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna ask the real question ...

What/when is GDC 2017?

Answering myself.

The Game Developers Conference (GDC) is the world's largest professional game industry event.
FEB 27 - MAR 03

Edited by BatchLapa
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steventot said:

 

Scenario:

You got jumped by a group of scav's, and you are alone (seemingly).

Then you start begging for your life to spare you (weapons above hands, or you could put the weapons down to the ground), and in the meantime your friends are in distance, waiting, waiting for the signal and ready to shoot with sniper rifles. Would be epic to see this happening. Or any random event like this.

 

dude you need to go back to DAYZ

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's null, it's anything, start with stuff, die you lose nothing, but won we win all
No one will want to play bear and usec

I think it is a very bad idea to put on system ...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 18 Minuten schrieb focheur:

I think it's null, it's anything, start with stuff, die you lose nothing, but won we win all
No one will want to play bear and usec

I think it is a very bad idea to put on system ...

It will be limeted in frequency understand? 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.