Blackb1rd

GDC 2017: BSG will introduce a new game mechanic - Scavs gameplay

110 posts in this topic

vor 39 Minuten schrieb COLanski:

I hope not ... Since you could spawn in late anyways where maybe one last player is actually leaving right now the only thing is the crates and dead bodies. that may have also been looted to crap already. Then the "restriction of playing as scav" kicks in where we do not know yet what that would be.

I am sure they did already think about this, but i hope they did not think about "not looting crates as scav" or such stuff ... More some restrictions maybe per "mission".

Speaking of missions ... any news about those?

the thing as a scav u protect tarkov from the PMC(players) and try reach havoc among them xD
so the thing is, i think that we realy cant loot anything except PMC and dead other Scavs. 
Maybe even u cant loot scavs cause their ur mates but i think more like the sentence before. 

4 hours ago, Gunnyspec said:

Won't the incentive be to play a character with skills/perks? I'm almost certain scavs won't have acces to skills quite like USEC or BEAR. Or am I mistaken?

this! and story progression in order to unlock all the open world.

Am 27.2.2017 um 08:36 schrieb Blackb1rd:

After GDC 2017, Scav gameplay will added to the upcoming closed beta version. 

The Beta will start together with the new feature, which sounds good AND it will start after the GDC 2017.

BUT: After GDC 2017 can still be a damn long period since Jan. 2020 is still after GDC 2017....

Lets hope the beta it will not take too long and the release, too.

Good news tho', keep working BSG and EFT will become the best game I've ever played!

GDC, or Game Developers Conference, for those wondering, just did a Google as i didn't know myself :) is held from 27/2-03/03-2017.

So guess Scav mode +closed Beta is soon :D

Nice jobs Devs !! I wish optimization for a good feeling do not forget that on this long road...

Scav Hype!!  So glad to be backing this game - you guys make swallowing that initial EOD money pill more bearable!

I dont really understand how "this changes up the gamestyle" or any of that.

Reckless abandon?

Uhmmm.... everyone is KOS. Scav mode just allows people that have lost all their gear to get more gear back. Thats it. There is no gameplay change.

Just hopped into the game but already very curious about the Scav-Mode. Hope the asymmetrical gameplay delivers what it promises on paper.

Big change in the mindset of a player when he has no fear of losing his precious stuff!! Hope it will get balanced right, but sounds promising in my opinion ... Will open opportunities for aggressive playstyles that I'm sure.

Also I imagine it will be quite nerve-wrecking trying to figure out if a Scav is AI or player controlled while trying to escape with all the loot.

@Blackb1rd When is the EFT/BSG panel for GDC? I don't see it on their schedule anywhere.

Any news? Big exciting announcement but no follow up yet.

Only 2 more days left for GDC.

Just now, ShanerBanner said:

When is closed beta?

recently (this friday) came up patch which caused problems with optimalisation and connectivity, so I would assume, not sooner than the end of this month.

They clearly said more content is needed (map) so as long we have "only" 3 maps playable there will be no beta. 

In my opinion it's still to early anyway, there are to many minor fixes to make as well a new map. 

I think and hope the scav gameplay will released before beta, so it can be tested by a huge amount of players.

playing Scav will be able frequently - does it mean when I can not playing as a Scav, no one else can? So I can be sure there will be no players as Scav out there?

If not that also would mean playing Scav in a group would be more harder. When I am able to play as Scav and my mates can not.

14 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

@Blackb1rd When is the EFT/BSG panel for GDC? I don't see it on their schedule anywhere.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Devs please answer this. ty

explain to me- scav's equipment does not go to stash but, when i kill other scav and takie his stuff, it will be mine?

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Smok_91:

explain to me- scav's equipment does not go to stash but, when i kill other scav and takie his stuff, it will be mine?

Would mak sense to me. For example you spawn with a shotgun and 120shots and go straight to the exit. So you won for nothing - in my opinion you don't deserve it. 

Gamespot is counting down to the livestream.

Posted (edited)

I'm a bit disappointed about the mentioned scav mode. What do you think?

In my opinion it should not be an option to just escape with the random loot from a char as a scav. There should be some limitations that allow you to keep the stuff e.g. that all bears and usecs have been eliminated before, or that you killed at least some of them.

Or, you will just keep the gear that you stole by other players if you escape - which I would prefer.

Otherwise, what would you prevent from just heading to the escape to save the gear that you just reveived via a random system and did not earned by yourself?

Maybe that was mentioned in the stream and I did not realized it!? o_O

Edited by HSH-General

5 hours ago, HSH-General said:

I'm a bit disappointed about the mentioned scav mode. What do you think?

In my opinion it should not be an option to just escape with the random loot from a char as a scav. There should be some limitations that allow you to keep the stuff e.g. that all bears and usecs have been eliminated before, or that you killed at least some of them.

Or, you will just keep the gear that you stole by other players if you escape - which I would prefer.

Otherwise, what would you prevent from just heading to the escape to save the gear that you just reveived via a random system and did not earned by yourself?

Maybe that was mentioned in the stream and I did not realized it!? o_O

Yes, it was mentioned in the livestream:
http://gamerscrawl.com/2017/03/02/standouts-from-escape-from-tarkov-scav-livestream-interview/

In the stream they said Beta is expected this summer. So several months away. 

3 hours ago, Davidl9566 said:

In the stream they said Beta is expected this summer. So several months away. 

Beta in summer? seriously... so game will be released in 2018 :/