UglyPony

What do all the FPS measurements stand for?

I am completely lost as to what some of the measurements are actually measuring. For instance, what is fuFPS? and what is the difference between "frame ms" and "render ms"?

Please just do a complete rundown of all the metrics so I know what I am looking at.

I believe fuFPS is just your FPS. Render ms is the the time in milliseconds that it takes for your computer to render frames, and Frame ms is the time it takes for your screen to display the frame. I could be wrong though, just an educated guess.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, scoobysenpaijr said:

I believe fuFPS is just your FPS. Render ms is the the time in milliseconds that it takes for your computer to render frames, and Frame ms is the time it takes for your screen to display the frame. I could be wrong though, just an educated guess.

But there is also a plain "FPS" measurement. So fuFPS may be measuring something slightly different...

Edited by UglyPony

This belongs in questions section also blackb1rd is very busy better to look towards someone of the tech support for this type of thing

#moved

7 hours ago, necuja said:

This belongs in questions section also blackb1rd is very busy better to look towards someone of the tech support for this type of thing

#moved

Alright. I wasn't sure who to address, so I just figured he'd delegate the task to the appropriate person himself if he couldn't deal with it atm. Who specifically should I address to handle this question?

Edited by UglyPony

off the top of my head people under tech support would be pizzadudecook fgulli orbixal i tried to do google searches but that didnt work at all lol

6 minutes ago, necuja said:

off the top of my head people under tech support would be pizzadudecook fgulli orbixal i tried to do google searches but that didnt work at all lol

Then how are you going to scream and yell at me because I didn't use the proper chain of command?

J/K, J/K...seriously though...does anyone know who to address this question to?

45 minutes ago, UglyPony said:

Then how are you going to scream and yell at me because I didn't use the proper chain of command?

J/K, J/K...seriously though...does anyone know who to address this question to?

Uh...I was kind of distracted and ignored the fact that you just named people...nevermind...

@pizzadudecook@FGulli@Orbixal

Could you please provide us with info about what each of the FPS metrics is supposed to specifically be measuring?

Edited by UglyPony

4 hours ago, UglyPony said:

Uh...I was kind of distracted and ignored the fact that you just named people...nevermind...

@pizzadudecook@FGulli@Orbixal

Could you please provide us with info about what each of the FPS metrics is supposed to specifically be measuring?

I'm afraid I don't have that info. That might be a better question in Developer Questions. 

http://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/forum/24-questions/

On 3/10/2017 at 11:15 PM, UglyPony said:

I am completely lost as to what some of the measurements are actually measuring. For instance, what is fuFPS? and what is the difference between "frame ms" and "render ms"?

Please just do a complete rundown of all the metrics so I know what I am looking at.

Frame ms is the time that it takes to completely render the frame AND to process any calculations (Game logic update, networking updates, etc.)

Render ms is the time it takes to render what is in front of the player ONLY. However, this may include rendering scopes too, I'm not sure. 

15 hours ago, Stormy102 said:

Frame ms is the time that it takes to completely render the frame AND to process any calculations (Game logic update, networking updates, etc.)

Render ms is the time it takes to render what is in front of the player ONLY. However, this may include rendering scopes too, I'm not sure. 

And the other metrics? Do you know what they are?

On 3/15/2017 at 2:57 AM, UglyPony said:

And the other metrics? Do you know what they are?

fuFPS is your framerate, aka the frame ms in a more user-friendly format. For example, 10ms means you will have 100fps, 16ms means you will have 60.

On 3/14/2017 at 7:03 AM, Stormy102 said:

Are you certain of this? Has a dev confirmed? I get really good frames (FPS) on my GTX 1070 but the video stutters randomly and I noticed it was whenever the "render ms" spikes and goes red randomly, I don't get it.

On 9/12/2017 at 2:40 AM, switch556 said:

Are you certain of this? Has a dev confirmed? I get really good frames (FPS) on my GTX 1070 but the video stutters randomly and I noticed it was whenever the "render ms" spikes and goes red randomly, I don't get it.

Yeah pretty certain - I'm a game dev myself (for other stuff) so I know what the terms are and what they mean. Render ms may be just rendering itself and frame ms may be logic, or they may be combined, or frame ms is an average while render ms is last frame... I'm just giving you my two cents, unless want to drag a dev away from making the game :P