Blackb1rd

Cheaters ban wave

Dear friends! We are glad to inform all honest players that we have carried out a wave of bans for use of hacks and cheats. Now, Escape from Tarkov Alpha version will get rid of many unfair players who have been bugging you with their superhuman abilities, disrupting the normal gameplay.

The cheating bans are permanent, and ban decision can not be reconsidered and revoked. In addition, to the game account ban, the player is also automatically permanently banned on the game forum. The support service doesn't process the messages from banned players and does not reply to them. 

We'd like to refute right away, once and for all, the widespread argument of players banned for unfair play, who claim that we can't ban alpha testers for using hacks because they are "discovering system vulnerabilities" this way.

Discovering vulnerabilities implies a single instance of hack use with a consecutive report to the developers and never using it again since. Regular use of hacks and hacking tools is in no way related to "discovering vulnerabilities" and attests only to the player's desire to gain an unfair advantage over others.

Some claim that they were banned "for nothing" and we allegedly have "no proofs" of their misdoings. This is not so. Antihack system can hardly stay effective if it remains closed for public and its development is run in secrecy. However strong is our desire to prove ourselves right, we can't reveal the details about its operation principles. But let us assure you - on every ban instance we have plenty of irrefutable proofs which can if the pressing need arises, be used as evidence of hack use.

We also hereby announce that this wave is not the last one. We shall continue to closely monitor the use of forbidden methods in the game and ruthlessly root out all such activities. We urge you not to give in to the temptation of using the hacking programs. Do not risk your game account - if you get banned, you will lose it forever!

Join the escape by pre-ordering Escape from Tarkov at our page here:  

http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page

6JI3-IzkoPM.jpg

• Upvote 52

This is great news. Glad to see the DEVs take the right stance on cheating even early on in Alpha, unlike certain other titles that shall remain unnamed.

• Upvote 3

THIS is the way "hackers" should be dealt with! Bravo.

i haven't even made it into the alpha yet, but none the less, I'm liking these devs more and more already.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Blackb1rd said:

Discovering vulnerabilities implies a single instance of hack use with a consecutive report to the developers and never using it again since. Regular use of hacks and hacking tools is in no way related to "discovering vulnerabilities" and attests only to the player's desire to gain an unfair advantage over others.

So you are simply saying that we are allowed to find weak spots in the game and try exploiting them for sake of development? Sounds good. I believe that this way things will move lot faster.

Только что, Witcheri сказал:

So you are simply saying that we are allowed to find weak spots in the game and try exploiting them for sake of development? Sounds good. I believe that this way things will move lot faster.

like anyone who creates a hack to "find a weakness" is instantly reporting it and then asking others not to use it

Impressive!

How many accounts have been permanently banned I wonder, how rife was/is the problem of hacking in this community?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TarkovObserver said:

like anyone who creates a hack to "find a weakness" is instantly reporting it and then asking others not to use it

Of course there are people who want to do that. Also only a moron would post the cheat somewhere public.

1 минуту назад, Witcheri сказал:

Of course there are people who want to do that. Also only a moron would post the cheat somewhere public.

And it is up to developers, to manage an efficient anticheat measures

I mean, if you willing to do such thing, the least you need to do is to inform dev team about that, otherwise it will be hacking first, crying then

Best news I've seen haven't really had the opportunity to play much this past month but glad to see this come in!