Blackb1rd

Details and screenshots of the Scav gameplay

Pretty excited to spawn with crappy gear and see what I can accomplish in a raid. Always fun being the underdog!

I don't care for the Scav mode, it's just a free ticket for loot.

BUT DAMN, THE MPX AND SKS. Can't waaaaaaaait!

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Blackb1rd said:

Equipment, weapons, place and time of Scav spawning on location are set randomly.

Are the map also random? I press "Play as Scav", then a map just randomly loads, and then I spawn in 20 minutes in I.E Customs? Or do I choose what map I wanna play on first?

20 minutes ago, Brainix said:

Are the map also random? I press "Play as Scav", then a map just randomly loads, and then I spawn in 20 minutes in I.E Customs? Or do I choose what map I wanna play on first?

Excellent Question!
I would like to know that too :3

Edited by coners

3 hours ago, Brainix said:

2 hours ago, coners said:

Excellent Question!
I would like to know that too :3

Honestly hadn't thought of this myself, but this is a great question!

Cool. But I think people will just go rogue on scavs most of the time. And other scav players suspect some scav players that go rogue will shot them on sight as well. So they kill any scavs that are remotely suspicious as a precaution measure.

And the aforementioned problem would just worsen minutes by minutes, it's a vicious cycle!

Why not just deploy a TK punishment to people playing scavs. Something like a three-strike mechanism. If you shot at other scavs, regardless player or AI, for the third time. You will get kick out of the server. Lose all your loot from that game. And ban from scav mode for a few hours.

Edited by pvpro5pvpro5

Blackb1rd , are you guys going to balance the AI so it does not have high end loot ? , the game become too easy

9 hours ago, Meatierr said:

When is the expected release for this update??

I heard in the end of the month we can play scav mode!

On 3/17/2017 at 3:32 PM, Blackb1rd said:

In other words, this is an alternative way to find and save items and to take part in combat, but without constant fear of losing everything that was found or brought into the Raid.

That goes against the entire concept of the game.

What exactly is the point of the scav mode anyway, if you intend to keep AI in the game?
Just add some broken but loaded scav weapons to random loot locations on the map, so people can spawn in naked in a BR fashion, find them and use them, and you have your "scav" mode without really any effort. This would essentially be the same thing, except it will make looting overall more fun and give "bad" players who lose all their stuff all the time a lot more action to work with.

Sorry, but this scav mode is completely useless, breaks the concept of the game and is a waste of development resources for a game which is already very far behind in schedule.

Your concept and there concept are two different things. It makes me laugh when people speak like this. If you were developing it would be a different case. 

5 hours ago, Miiller said:

What exactly is the point of the scav mode anyway, if you intend to keep AI in the game?
Just add some broken but loaded scav weapons to random loot locations on the map, so people can spawn in naked in a BR fashion, find them and use them, and you have your "scav" mode without really any effort. This would essentially be the same thing, except it will make looting overall more fun and give "bad" players who lose all their stuff all the time a lot more action to work with.

Sorry, but this scav mode is completely useless, breaks the concept of the game and is a waste of development resources for a game which is already very far behind in schedule.

1. I agree this game is far behind schedule, I pre-ordered this game months ago and there has been no mention at all about when the beta will be available to people who can't afford to spend 100$+ on the game. 2. This mode is basically a fall back for people who don't have any loot to take into the zone. You can't honestly except them to just be like "Welp if they lose all their gear then whatever right?"

14 minutes ago, darkkit268 said:

You can't honestly except them to just be like "Welp if they lose all their gear then whatever right?"

Why not? People have no trouble starting without any stuff in BR games like H1Z1 and just looking for a weapon to use.

Without scav mode, people could just join naked and sneak around while trying to find one out of a couple loaded but half broken scav weapons somewhere on the map. That is, if there would actually be such weapons on the map, which is literally the only thing that would have to be implemented for this to work. It would also make looting a lot more enjoyable, if you know you can find a loaded gun somewhere.

With scav mode, people will just join and play like Rambo because they have nothing to lose and get a weapon for free which they dont get to keep anyway. It will lead to less immersive gameplay, because you are essentially controlling a second character. It also ruins the whole hardcore concept, where you should be afraid of dying and losing your stuff. And all that for what? The only difference to the solution above is that you already start with the gun and dont have to find it first by playing sneaky.

Ultimately they developed an entire new mode to achieve something that could have been solved very easily in a more enjoyable gameplay (at least for me personally) by just randomly spawning a couple of loaded scav weapons on the location. If somebody has an explanation on whats so amazing about this scav mode that Im missing, feel free to elaborate.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Miiller said:

If somebody has an explanation on whats so amazing about this scav mode that Im missing, feel free to elaborate.

It's a fun concept..The game is FOCUSED on realism. But if games were 100% realistic, they wouldn't be fun.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Miiller:

Where to start ...

1. Scav mode was always a planned feature afaik.

2. At the moment, players run into the factory f.e. and count dead other players - leaving AI (that is easy to trick).
With players able to join in a late wave, the whole gameplay changes. You need to watch out way more. And that is an awesome feature in my opinion.

3. the naked spawn will change, if you followed other plans about the medical system f.e. they are eradicating hatchet runners.
You got the chance to spawn in as SCAV once an hour or so. While your scav will always be a noob char - your PMC gets skilled by the skill system. And when the medical system kicks in, your wounds will stay and heal over time, if you do not spend gear, money or other stuff to heal quicker. So while your PMC is wrecked - you can do a scav run and also gather some gear, some new informations about some stuff of the game and so on ... 

Where is this useless and what do you know about the concept that they don't know?
This is a great feature.

scav mode is good...

better to get loot with scav mode instead of "naked melee weapon" only games. and even the biggest chicken will play his main char sooner or later.

I am not against the scav mode, but whoever mentioned spawning weapons in random places gave me an idea, I think it'd be better, and more realistic to spawn dead scavs randomly around the map with their gear just like when we kill them. This would make more sense for the theme for dead bodies to be laying around compared to weapons still being in a high traffic area, and it would give fresh spawns with no gear a chance to get into the action with something other than a melee. 

As I said though I am not against Scav mode, but I do think 60 minute CD is too short, like 2 or 3 hours would make it less exploitable, and screw paying to get back in faster what kind of sense does that make? I'll probably regret that as I am one of those "bad" players, sorry we're not all pros, but I don't care if I get shot in the face 9 out of 10 times, that one escape is absolutely worth it. I love this project, and I want it to be as realistic as possible while giving everyone in the community a fun experience, MLG or not.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Bulveye13

44 minutes ago, masyraf said:

So... in scav mode, we can use our own equipment but wont loose anything if we die?

Nope. In scav mode you spawn random gear and condition on map. If you survive everything what you loot transfer main character.