Blackb1rd

Details and screenshots of the Scav gameplay

12 hours ago, darkkit268 said:

It's a fun concept..The game is FOCUSED on realism. But if games were 100% realistic, they wouldn't be fun.

What kind of generic argument is that? Should they now also add flying unicorns to the game, just because games with 100% realism are not fun? How does that in any way imply that scav mode is a good addition?

obama-nuclear-heckle-reaction.gif

11 hours ago, COLanski said:

1. Scav mode was always a planned feature afaik.

So? Does that mean it makes sense? Isn't the point of the game to escape from Tarkov? Why are you controlling several characters then to begin with? Who is escaping?

2. At the moment, players run into the factory f.e. and count dead other players - leaving AI (that is easy to trick).
With players able to join in a late wave, the whole gameplay changes. You need to watch out way more. And that is an awesome feature in my opinion.

What does that have to do with the scav mode? Why does joining a game after it has already started require you to be a "scav"? Why cant just the regular character join? Would have the same "you need to watch out more" effect.

3. the naked spawn will change, if you followed other plans about the medical system f.e. they are eradicating hatchet runners.
You got the chance to spawn in as SCAV once an hour or so. While your scav will always be a noob char - your PMC gets skilled by the skill system. And when the medical system kicks in, your wounds will stay and heal over time, if you do not spend gear, money or other stuff to heal quicker. So while your PMC is wrecked - you can do a scav run and also gather some gear, some new informations about some stuff of the game and so on ...

Great. You explained to me how the scav system is supposed to work. Now where exactly is the argument in that for the mode? Why can't you just play your regular character all the time? Why cant your regular character just BE a "scav" whenever you decide to join with shitty or no gear?

The scav mode harms the game in some ways as I argued above. What does the scav mode contribute to the game to negate that, which isn't doable a lot easier, like by having loaded weapons somewhere on the map, or scav corpses lying around as @Bulveye13 suggested? What is the point of scav mode over those simpler solutions, which don't have the negative side effects? I fail to see that.

Edited by Miiller

On 3/17/2017 at 10:16 AM, Natalino said:

For those that think this will be abused and not work, SCAV mod will have a cooldown period so you would not keep playing it again and again. Around 1-hour cooldown with a possibility of paying in game money to get back into the action right away.

And this will be balanced during the testing of the feature by the community. :) 

Attacks on other SCAVs will turn them against you so yes. It's basically like friendly fire.

The mention of the cool down limitation quickly removed all doubts I had. Thanks for the amazing work!

• Upvote 1

I see Scav Mode more like a learning tool for those who never played alpha or beta. Also gives players who are not as good as me to get some gear so they can run it on their PMC player and lose it again. Players who are bosses like my self will probably never play as Scavs but might just use it to troll players out of good gear. So for me there are no worries ;) 

Scav Mode may have its flaws and ways to abuse, but that's what we are here to test so the developers can understand how to balance this great feature. 

As a "bad" player I can admit that I was worried that this game would leave us behind. After losing all of my starting gear and money that was subsequently spent on additional gear that was also lost I was left with no other option but to start with no gear and attempt to get lucky knife kills to get at least enough gear to get out with. 9 times out of 10 this did not work out. I literally had played 54 raids and survived 1. I very quickly became frustrated and began to fear that I would never be able to work back up to the point that I would feel comfortable starting with any of the gear that I might make it out with. While I absolutely LOVE the realism and immersion and the difficulty of this game, I want to know that not being as good as everyone else doesn't mean I'm not going to have an enjoyable experience. I think the Scav mode will be good for people like me as we get better at the game and I'm sure as others have suggested, the game will eventually have weapons that can be found in the raids without killing someone for them, A.I. or otherwise. I'm confident that the devs can balance these modes in a way that makes them beneficial for players like myself to get ourselves back up a little without being a means for others to gain significant rewards with no risk. I'm less worried about players being Scavs and more worried about getting killed by members of my faction that I don't KOS because I realize they are "friendly" and they apparently do not, but I know that's an entirely different discussion.
I want to thank the devs for everything I've seen and experienced so far because even as a player struggling from the bottom of the ladder, I love what this game is trying to accomplish and the experience it delivers as it is unparalleled by anything else I have ever played. Keep up the good work.

7 minutes ago, Univrsl said:

I literally had played 54 raids and survived 1.

You see people, Scav Mode giving hope already. 

9 minutes ago, Univrsl said:

I'm less worried about players being Scavs and more worried about getting killed by members of my faction that I don't KOS because I realize they are "friendly" and they apparently do not. 

Hopefully when Karma is implemented it will fix that. Hopefully we get to test that feature soon or the arm bands they have mentioned. 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Miiller:

*all that stuff that was talked about above, to save space just as a "note" so to say*

Again from the start, then:

The Scav function is a failsafe for "bad" players who lost everything they had to some guy giving a skilled (or not so skillful, camping) headshot, giving them a character who has just a sliver of gear on him at the start of the game.

On the other hand it can be seen as "downtime" for the real super-duper hardcore players to play the game without gaining all too much gear or having to worry about losing their gear.

You get looted gear on extraction (for whatever reason a PMC gets stuff from a Scav). Only "downside" is, you wont level your PMC character, as the game gives you a scav (better to say "gopnik", eh? EH? oh...).

It may not be that logical in the sense of the game or for the sake of realism, but I consider myself to be between hardcore and casual, leaning towards casual just a bit. I dont want this game to be DayZ (You died? Well, poo, lets spawn you 9001 km away from a food source!), nor do I want the game to become The Division (I like the game, but all my friends left because there was basically a limit to "end-game content" and all the other stuff becomes too challenging for them). We already have those games, let players slowly drift towards those.

Back to the Scav and PMC though. It makes no sense for the PMC to spawn with NOTHING eventually (as you may lose stuff), while very much so for the Scav (I mean, that guy just loots stuff and, well, is a gopnik). The method of the scav giving the loot to the PMC is a bit "ehhh", but games are about fun for the most part (at least for me).

Why you cant decide for your PMC if you want to be a scav? Simple, as you would get some free equipment at the beginning of a run AND you would level/retain all your skills you learn! It wouldnt make much sense for a "Scav" to spin a mag in his hands while reloading.

And you can decide to spawn as a PMC without any gear whatsoever anyway.

I dont get why people would get mad about something like this! I didnt play EFT yet, but I at least hope for the best.

2 hours ago, NitroXpress said:

Hopefully this will take care of the axe murderer epidemic.

I don't expect it to. Hatchlings are a product of the "hardcore" aspect of the game (but maybe less of them).

Think about if Scav Mode is restricted to time intervals which you not playing or cannot sit down to play during those times, your just going to go into the game with a hatchet. Scav Mode also does not have any assurance of making it out with gear neither but a gamma container does. Dropping into the game with a weapon that could jam on you, poor health and dehydration, and no armor give you a disadvantage in a way (depending if they emplment such factors or similar ones). 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Miiller:

So? Does that mean it makes sense? Isn't the point of the game to escape from Tarkov? Why are you controlling several characters then to begin with? Who is escaping?

What does that have to do with the scav mode? Why does joining a game after it has already started require you to be a "scav"? Why cant just the regular character join? Would have the same "you need to watch out more" effect.

Great. You explained to me how the scav system is supposed to work. Now where exactly is the argument in that for the mode? Why can't you just play your regular character all the time? Why cant your regular character just BE a "scav" whenever you decide to join with shitty or no gear?

The scav mode harms the game in some ways as I argued above. What does the scav mode contribute to the game to negate that, which isn't doable a lot easier, like by having loaded weapons somewhere on the map, or scav corpses lying around as @Bulveye13 suggested? What is the point of scav mode over those simpler solutions, which don't have the negative side effects? I fail to see that.

It makes sense. Your PMC is trying to escape and scav mode makes it harder to escape for PMC chars.
It adds even more hardcore.
I wont explain again how - cause you would try to use anything i am saying against me and others anyway. If you have to ask why to have several chars, you still did not get the concept of the game itself. And no, i won't explain that either.

Who said the POINT is to escape? It could maybe like in stalker ... get to the monolith - get brainwashed and start again with no memory. :P (aye i just spoiled stalker) Nobody escapes from tarkov, everbody tries but noone can. ;) it COULD be like that.

If you do not find any argument in the system itself ...  
How about you try it out when it hits the game? Maybe you'll find something useful then
... since you seem to be totally resistent against anything that we are trying to explain.

I explained a lot, others explained a lot, so if you still do not get the point i guess you just do not WANT to understand.

Scav mode does not harm the game in neither way. It is a great addition and you seem to be the only one that thinks it would break the gameplay. Why should there be corpses all over the map when there was no battle yet? What negative side effect? There are already weapons and other stuff on the map ... this is not "yet another stupid battle royal game" even it some youtubers and streamers think so.
I do not understand your problem and i do not see how it would harm the game in any way.

Did you even play the game yet or saw something aside from press kit youtubers?

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, COLanski said:

Where to start ...

2. At the moment, players run into the factory f.e. and count dead other players - leaving AI (that is easy to trick).
With players able to join in a late wave, the whole gameplay changes. You need to watch out way more. And that is an awesome feature in my opinion.

Wait, where have we been told that scav mode = late spawns? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I just thought scav mode = a mode where you spawn at the start of the match like normal.

7 hours ago, Not Zohan said:

I dont get why people would get mad about something like this! I didnt play EFT yet, but I at least hope for the best.

As far as I can tell the debate rests on the fact that scav-players have things to gain without risk. I actually like the idea of the mode, but I can see the point that the game feels so tense precisely because you stand to lose something.

The 'unfairness' feeling kicks in when you think about it from a non-scav player perspective, e.g.: "wow that guy spawned in with an AK but stood to lose nothing / gain everything whereas I came in with my AK with the chance of losing it"

This is the reason the devs put a cooldown on it.

However I don't think that adequately adjust for the fairness in one side standing only to gain whereas the other side is actually risking something. Therefore some benefit, IMO, should be given to players who skill player scavs. I think a human who kills a human scav should get something special out of it, even if it's something small: experience boost, health pack, just something for having gone against a guy who stood only to gain from your death without himself risking anything.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tabasco said:

This is the reason the devs put a cooldown on it.

They implemented a broken feature and then realized that its actually a terrible addition, so they put a cooldown on it. Amazing!

The entire game was supposed to be based on the risk of losing your stuff upon death.

The problem of bad players running out of stuff could have been easily solved by just making spawning naked actually viable by putting some loaded guns on the map, for example as @Miiller and @Bulveye13 described. It wouldn't have any of the disadvantages the scav mode brings to the game.
You suck at the game and always lose your gear? Well then you have to spawn in naked and search for a weapon to use first in a BR way. Where is the problem with that? In scav mode people will just join in and play like Rambo because they dont have anything to lose... Meanwhile the main characters will actually rage whenever they die to those Rambo players.

That has to be one of the worst ideas I have seen in quite a while. Ruins immersion, ruins realism, ruins hardcore concept and rewards players for not taking any risk. All that to allow bad players get some stuff for free, which could have been solved a lot easier. The only people who are defending this are the ones who literally never question any choice of the devs and cant think of any alternatives for problems. "Oh a feature which solves a little problem, it must be awesome, even if it brings 10 more issues to the game. HYPE".

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Jezeppe:

They implemented a broken feature and then realized that its actually a terrible addition, so they put a cooldown on it. Amazing!

The entire game was supposed to be based on the risk of losing your stuff upon death.

The problem of bad players running out of stuff could have been easily solved by just making spawning naked actually viable by putting some loaded guns on the map, for example as @Miiller and @Bulveye13 described. It wouldn't have any of the disadvantages the scav mode brings to the game.
You suck at the game and always lose your gear? Well then you have to spawn in naked and search for a weapon to use first in a BR way. Where is the problem with that? In scav mode people will just join in and play like Rambo because they dont have anything to lose... Meanwhile the main characters will actually rage whenever they die to those Rambo players.

That has to be one of the worst ideas I have seen in quite a while. Ruins immersion, ruins realism, ruins hardcore concept and rewards players for not taking any risk. All that to allow bad players get some stuff for free, which could have been solved a lot easier. The only people who are defending this are the ones who literally never question any choice of the devs and cant think of any alternatives for problems. "Oh a feature which solves a little problem, it must be awesome, even if it brings 10 more issues to the game. HYPE".

Broken feature? How is it broken when it is not even in yet? wtf?
All your posts are trollposts it seems. You do not even own an preorder version.

I will say something to this anyway.
No. Naked Spawns are not the way. you spawn naked - someone shoots you - your char has to stay in the hospital for like 6 hours?

Did you guys even read about the other systems? Those are like small gears that grip into each other. And you come along and demand yet another bullsh**y battle royale system.

This makes me really angry to meet people that are defending an opinion, that is already declared wrong and they still rabble.

The Idea of leaving loaded guns and maybe a vest + some mags with it is the concept of a battle royale like playerunknowns battlegrounds, h1z1 and all those other games. EFT is not going the way of a battle royal game.

Who the actual F*** would leave loaded guns behind in such a scenario ... Nobody. Even in real combat situations and war scenarios you disarm enemies. Soldiers clear the Battlefield behind them, not prepare it for some guys that run around with knifes. If you want to get your hands onto a gun when spawning with a knife you have to earn it. The Naked spawns is something they want to prevent from happening. This is why there is scav mode, and this is why you get 20k roubles if your total stashs worth drops below 20k .

Do you understand the difference?

What are those issues you guys talking about anyway? I see no issues.
Please explain us what issues you mean instead of trolling.

• Upvote 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Tabasco:

Wait, where have we been told that scav mode = late spawns? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I just thought scav mode = a mode where you spawn at the start of the match like normal.

As Scav you can spawn at random time, random location with random gear. That has been said in the interview i think. :)
Also It is written down in the opening post of this topic. "Equipment, weapons, place and time of Scav spawning on location are set randomly."

Actual and real questions are never stupid. ;)

40 minutes ago, COLanski said:

As Scav you can spawn at random time, random location with random gear. That has been said in the interview i think. :)
Also It is written down in the opening post of this topic. "Equipment, weapons, place and time of Scav spawning on location are set randomly."

Actual and real questions are never stupid. ;)

Thanks, I can't believe I glossed over that.

About the debate of the legitimacy of scav mode, what do you say to the point about their being an imbalance of risk between non scav players and scav players? It doesn't seem fair that one has something to lose while the other stands only to gain. 

43 minutes ago, COLanski said:

No. Naked Spawns are not the way. you spawn naked - someone shoots you - your char has to stay in the hospital for like 6 hours?

What kind of crap are you talking about here? There is no hospital and there wont be any. You will be able to play your pmc all the time. And if there would be, it still doesnt mean that it should be like that. This phrase is the best indicator that you are one of those who is utterly incompetent to question about anything and just takes everything as it is.

47 minutes ago, COLanski said:

Did you guys even read about the other systems? Those are like small gears that grip into each other. And you come along and demand yet another bullsh**y battle royale system.

Nobody is demanding a battle royale system. People are offering simple solutions FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NO GEAR LEFT. Which is just putting broken scav weapons out there and let them find it like in a BR. It is practically the same thing as playing as a scav, except that you have to find the weapon first. There are still all the EfT mechanics involved in it: Other people are spawning WITH gear, you can extract with what you find and keep it etc. etc.
And again: Just because there are other systems, doesnt mean they are the right way to do it. Learn to question something, maybe you wouldnt be so ignorant then. You literally defend everything essentially with the phrase "but that is how they do it". If you would live in the past, you would be one of those saying "slavery is the right thing, because it is the law and it makes sense". And everytime somebody would say how stupid slavery is, you would tell them about how "gears grip into each other". That is exactly what your posts sound like.

50 minutes ago, COLanski said:

This makes me really angry to meet people that are defending an opinion, that is already declared wrong and they still rabble.

Oh so defending an opinion is a bad thing? And somebody can simply "declare" it as wrong? Interesting. I hereby declare your opinion wrong.

I have yet to see an argument which is supporting the scav mode, especially from people like you who are utterly just explaining over and over again what the scav mode is instead of stating a single argument why it makes sense over other much better solutions. So far the scav mode will clearly make the game worse by allowing people to play risk free, but the issues it adresses to make it better (allowing bad players to get back some gear) have much better solutions without all the crap that ruins the game. That is so clear, my blind grandma can see it in the dark. Yet here trying to "declare" arguments as "wrong opinions" while offering absolutely nothing to the discussion.

1 hour ago, COLanski said:

Who the actual F*** would leave loaded guns behind in such a scenario ... Nobody.

And who is able to switch around between 2 bodies to collect some loot for himself? Everybody?

Switching bodies or having some people leave loaded weapons in their private apartments and boxes behind, which one is more realistic huh?

Aside from that, Tarkov is a war zone. There are tons of ammo creates and weapon stashes, yet no actual weapons. People are being killed at those locations. You think after a fight everybody will collect all the weapons before bailing, just so everybody who comes there later doesnt find a single loaded gun? Do YOU take ALL weapons on the entire map from all scavs and players with you? You dont even have enough room for that. Now if there is a fight at this location the very next day, why shouldnt they be able to find those weapons? If anything, THAT is realistic. There is absolutely nothing wrong with there being weapons on a constant battlefield in a war zone. It is just your ignorance and desperation for not having actual arguments for the scav mode which make you blind.

The Naked spawns is something they want to prevent from happening. This is why there is scav mode, and this is why you get 20k roubles if your total stashs worth drops below 20k .

Do you understand the difference?

Another ignorant case of not actually questioning any decisions. SO WHAT IF THAT IS HOW THEY ARE DOING IT? THAT IS NOT AN ARGUMENT, DONT YOU GET IT? That doesnt imply in any way that it is the best way to do it or that it even makes sense or that it makes the game better. Naked spawns would be totally fine, if they wouldnt be just people carelessly loot hoarding with the safe container. If people could get some action going, spawning without a gun into the game and trying to find one instead would be totally fine and even fun for all the people who enjoy br games. It doesnt mean you have to enjoy it. If you are good enough to not lose all your stuff, then you also wont have to play that way.

What are those issues you guys talking about anyway? I see no issues.
Please explain us what issues you mean instead of trolling.

There are already tons of issues with he scav mode described in this thread. If you start reading and using your brain a bit instead of just explaining what the scav mode is supposed to be, you will maybe find some of them.

3 hours ago, Jezeppe said:

How do you want to be taken seriously , when you are stating a feature is broken , without even trying it or see any gameplay of that feature?

Also , you seem to be against the feature and you constantly refer to all the "Issues" and negatives that it brings to the game... but i haven´t see you name them yet. 

How is the scav mode gonna take out the risk of loosing your gear upon death? will your Pmc not loose it? will you scav not loose it upon death as well? Do you even know what is gonna be in that mode to be able to make up your mind about it? NO.

You don´t know if you will be able to extract , or if your just there to prevent pmcs to escape, and if you can only "win" as a scav if all pmcs get killed or extract and either you win or fail your mission... 

Conclusion. You state that Scav mode is unfair because players can win everything ( whatever that is )  with no risk, but your solution is to add guns and vests and armors arround the map?! That is mindblowing ( sarcasm ) ... how is that a no risk/high reward solution when you would spawn naked as pmc ( without risking any gear ) and could leave the raid fully geared ( without even killing a scav or player )?  That makes no sense

• Upvote 1

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Jezeppe:

What kind of crap are you talking about here? There is no hospital and there wont be any. You will be able to play your pmc all the time. And if there would be, it still doesnt mean that it should be like that. This phrase is the best indicator that you are one of those who is utterly incompetent to question about anything and just takes everything as it is. .... Blah

Every single post you made on this forum is something where you argue about the game being bad. And half of it is based on false information.

Well ... i won't answer anymore to trolls.

Edited by COLanski

22 minutes ago, Jezeppe said:

What kind of crap are you talking about here? There is no hospital and there wont be any. You will be able to play your pmc all the time. And if there would be, it still doesnt mean that it should be like that. This phrase is the best indicator that you are one of those who is utterly incompetent to question about anything and just takes everything as it is.

On the post named General Questions [FAQ] :

Q: Will there be some sort of a death penalty? For instance, necessity to heal critical wounds or skill reset?
A: Yes, you will have to do healing, but the skills won’t be reset.

You calling ignorants to other ppl  and saying they should be informed before posting, ...

Edited by mr0pi

28 minutes ago, mr0pi said:

How do you want to be taken seriously , when you are stating a feature is broken , without even trying it or see any gameplay of that feature?

Before you buy a product, do you try out all the alternatives first or do you use your brain a bit after just reading and then decide based on that which is better?

Also , you seem to be against the feature and you constantly refer to all the "Issues" and negatives that it brings to the game... but i haven´t see you name them yet.

You say I don't name any issues, but then refer to one that I named in the next phrase. How stupid is that?

How is the scav mode gonna take out the risk of loosing your gear upon death?

With the scav mode I can just join a game as scav and run around like Rambo not caring about death, because I dont lose anything anyway, which would ultimately ruin the experience of the pmc players since they have something to lose and would get pissed by dying to a guy who can play carelessly. That is a HUGE drawback of the scav mode. If you cant see it before it actually starts ruining the playing experience, I dont want to have your eyes. If I would have to find a weapon first from corpses or loot boxes w.e. I would have to play carefully to not die before finding anything, otherwise I would have to start all over again. And once I find a weapon, I get the choice to extract with it, so I would still keep caring about death. That is a major difference in gameplay.

how is that a no risk/high reward solution when you would spawn naked as pmc ( without risking any gear ) and could leave the raid fully geared ( without even killing a scav or player )?  That makes no sense

Oh so finding a broken scav weapon somewhere on the map after having to play super cautious to not die to guys with guns, makes you fully geared. That makes no sense indeed.
You should actually see yourself bringing up crap like this. Its absolutely ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, COLanski said:

Every single post you made on this forum is something where you argue about the game being bad. And half of it is based on false information.

Thats because I am not here to circlejerk but to point out issues so the game maybe becomes somewhat good at some point. People like you however who are trying to find excuses for every problem and cannot form a single proper argument are the reason why broken early access games get tolerated. Now thats what I would call trolling.

Edited by Jezeppe

Oh boy, this community is "special".

14 hours ago, COLanski said:

I wont explain again how - cause you would try to use anything i am saying against me and others anyway. If you have to ask why to have several chars, you still did not get the concept of the game itself. And no, i won't explain that either.

I don't know where you get the impression that I want an explanation on how the system works. I wanted an argument to why the scav system makes sense. And you have provided absolutely none. You are literally only describing what it is, not why it is good or necessary. As it stands it is a useless feature which will very likely make the game experience worse by allowing certain people who do not risk anything to easily kill people who risk a lot. 6 people in this thread have pointed it out and nobody has said anything against it. As I have shown there are better solutions to the problem of people losing all their gear without the need of such a system and without the frustrating experience of losing all your stuff to a guy who has nothing to lose.

If you don't have any arguments, don't even bother responding, especially not with empty conclusion without supportive arguments like "Scav mode does not harm the game in neither way" after not even replying to the no-risk issue. Nobody cares how the system is supposed to work with all the upcoming pieces or what and when they planned something. It doesn't imply in any way that the scav system is good, which is what the discussion here is about. If you want to explain why the scav system is good and necessary, show something that is possible only with it and that what it brings to the table outweighs all the mentioned negative aspects.

1 hour ago, mr0pi said:

when you are stating a feature is broken , without even trying it or see any gameplay of that feature?

Wait, are you saying I have to try flying into space in a cardboard box or see someone else do it, before judging it as a stupid idea? Where do I become this naive?

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Miiller:

Oh boy, this community is "special".

I don't know where you get the impression that I want an explanation on how the system works. I wanted an argument to why the scav system makes sense.

Jeah ... thats still an explanation "how" it makes sense, but we already did ... we explained why and how it makes sense for us, since it made totally sense how it works, if you oversaw the bigger picture of the actual game itself and the backstory together with planned features.

And you said "no!" ... whos argument is invalid here?