Blackb1rd

Details and screenshots of the Scav gameplay

102 posts in this topic

Can't wait to see some streams!  

I love the details on the clothing, it looks like a lot of work

One thing, and I'm sure the in-game models for the guns are not anywhere near final, but does the side mount of the '74 seem kinda flat?

1 hour ago, Miiller said:

Wait, are you saying I have to try flying into space in a cardboard box or see someone else do it, before judging it as a stupid idea? Where do I become this naive?

You become this naive when you state something is broken without having full knowledge of it, and base your statement the idea you allready know how the mode is gonna work , but that information wasn´t disclosured yet.

And if you want to throw out stupid examples as this one, i can say pretty much the same thing about your argument, do you consider someone guilty before all evidences are presented, or before the trial is over? 

2 hours ago, Jezeppe said:

You say I don't name any issues, but then refer to one that I named in the next phrase. How stupid is that?

Yeah stupid indeed , especially when i typed " named them ( issues ) " and you say i refer to 1 in the next phrase... what? all the issues suddenly retracted to just 1 issue? 

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, COLanski said:

Broken feature? How is it broken when it is not even in yet? wtf?
All your posts are trollposts it seems. You do not even own an preorder version.

I will say something to this anyway.
No. Naked Spawns are not the way. you spawn naked - someone shoots you - your char has to stay in the hospital for like 6 hours?

Did you guys even read about the other systems? Those are like small gears that grip into each other. And you come along and demand yet another bullsh**y battle royale system.

This makes me really angry to meet people that are defending an opinion, that is already declared wrong and they still rabble.

The Idea of leaving loaded guns and maybe a vest + some mags with it is the concept of a battle royale like playerunknowns battlegrounds, h1z1 and all those other games. EFT is not going the way of a battle royal game.

Who the actual F*** would leave loaded guns behind in such a scenario ... Nobody. Even in real combat situations and war scenarios you disarm enemies. Soldiers clear the Battlefield behind them, not prepare it for some guys that run around with knifes. If you want to get your hands onto a gun when spawning with a knife you have to earn it. The Naked spawns is something they want to prevent from happening. This is why there is scav mode, and this is why you get 20k roubles if your total stashs worth drops below 20k .

Do you understand the difference?

What are those issues you guys talking about anyway? I see no issues.
Please explain us what issues you mean instead of trolling.

That's why I suggested having some pre-dead scavs laying about with damaged weapons maybe with only a bit of ammo, just a suggestion, and a plausible one imo as far as realism is concerned, no need to get upset

PS

As for a "real combat situation", we happened to find plenty of weapon caches around and in homes that were left behind, and to disarming dead enemies, yeah we did, because we had our strykers and hummers to throw them in and somewhere to take them, this game scenario is a bit different than conventional warfare from a world superpower's perspective

Edited by Bulveye13

sorry to interrupt the nonsense internet argument :

Will SCAVS have a Gamma-Container ?

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Bulveye13:

That's why I suggested having some pre-dead scavs laying about with damaged weapons maybe with only a bit of ammo, just a suggestion, and a plausible one imo as far as realism is concerned, no need to get upset

PS

As for a "real combat situation", we happened to find plenty of weapon caches around and in homes that were left behind, and to disarming dead enemies, yeah we did, because we had our strykers and hummers to throw them in and somewhere to take them, this game scenario is a bit different than conventional warfare from a world superpower's perspective

I am not upset because of your suggestion, i am upset because of the way of the trolls. :P Totally no offense to you sir.

If you point it out that way, it makes sense again. (But they could not add this reasons.)
On the other hand, this is Tarkov, a russian City with a lot of economy, not some middle eastern town where they prepared for war.

The Scavs got most of their Weaponry off the dead anyway. They loot the battlefields. You could maybe find a few from time to time in random locations with a not that bad weapon instead of the superguns you can find now, that are more like gold bars.

I still think the Scav mode is a good feature. I would even go further with this.
They could even add a chance or a button or the option to get in the game as scav where you have been killed like 2 minutes before. Could even cost money. 
So you basically send your loyal servant to retrieve your gear. :D

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Specki:

sorry to interrupt the nonsense internet argument :

Will SCAVS have a Gamma-Container ?

I think and i hope not.

Because THAT would make it unfair. 

Posted (edited)

On 3/20/2017 at 0:36 PM, Miiller said:

If you want to explain why the scav system is good and necessary, show something that is possible only with it and that what it brings to the table outweighs all the mentioned negative aspects.

Well, you completely disregarded the answer that someone gave you by basically implying it was a non sequitur, and then focusing instead on the part of their post you could acknowledge without the admission of them providing a valid reason.

On 3/18/2017 at 10:53 PM, COLanski said:

3. the naked spawn will change, if you followed other plans about the medical system f.e. they are eradicating hatchet runners.

You got the chance to spawn in as SCAV once an hour or so. While your scav will always be a noob char - your PMC gets skilled by the skill system. And when the medical system kicks in, your wounds will stay and heal over time, if you do not spend gear, money or other stuff to heal quicker. So while your PMC is wrecked - you can do a scav run and also gather some gear, some new informations about some stuff of the game and so on ...

The "thing that is possible" only with scav mode, could, in theory, be literally just playing the game. What do I mean by that? Well why don't you acknowledge the medical system that has been outlined in the above quote, and maybe you'll understand. Say your PMC character is damaged, a broken leg, and you choose to take him out into another game anyway, with just a hatchet, because you have no gear. You die again. Now, your character is at the point where you can barely walk, you spawn with a very minimal amount of health, and even when you acquire a gun your arms are so damaged that you can't aim. You now have to wait, say, 2 to 3 hours for him to heal to a usable level again. Well, at this point, I would argue that you would literally need to play scav mode in order to continue your gameplay. If there is no scav mode, you are basically banned from playing the game for the next 2 to 3 hours because you need to wait for wounds to heal in order to spawn with a usable character.

You also drove on and on with comparisons to BR or H1Z1's BR knockoff. This game isn't like that. You draw the comparison as if adding random weapon spawns on the map puts you in the same situation you'd be at in BR, but it doesn't. In Battle Royale (or H1Z1's version), you are spawning alongside other characters under the exact same conditions. Balance exists in that scenario because you are all spawning weaponless and trying to run to loot weapons. The scenario in EFT would be completely different: you have everyone with guns already trying to loot weapons, and now you're running in with a melee to loot weapons - basically, the change you outline would not have even a minimal effect on gameplay in EFT, all your suggestion basically boils down to is "more working guns in loot". There are no balance changes made by what you suggest.

Lastly, it seems you have this weird problem with "going Rambo". I mean, lets look at it this way: you keep saying that this is a HARDCOOOOOOORE game and we need HARDCOOOOOOOOOORE gameplay. Well, by using your own logic, if this is a hardcore realistic game then it should reward a player for having a hardcore realistic playstyle right? Checking corners, not skylining yourself in order to avoid a visible silhouette, using concealment to aid getting to cover when under fire, all that good stuff. If this is how you play the game, because you truly believe in this whole hardcore realism narrative, then shouldn't you have the advantage? Why is them going "Rambo" such a bad thing? Aren't they just an easier target for you, because they're doing things wrong and you're doing them right? Well, I guess they aren't. As far as I can tell, this whole argument stems from the fact that YOU'RE scared that players with nothing to lose are going to be BETTER than you, and you're going to lose gear because of it... they can screw you over, but you can't screw them over.

Edited by dvsilverwing

10 hours ago, dvsilverwing said:

The "thing that is possible" only with scav mode, could, in theory, be literally just playing the game. What do I mean by that? Well why don't you acknowledge the medical system that has been outlined in the above quote, and maybe you'll understand. Say your PMC character is damaged, a broken leg, and you choose to take him out into another game anyway, with just a hatchet, because you have no gear. You die again. Now, your character is at the point where you can barely walk, you spawn with a very minimal amount of health, and even when you acquire a gun your arms are so damaged that you can't aim. You now have to wait, say, 2 to 3 hours for him to heal to a usable level again. Well, at this point, I would argue that you would literally need to play scav mode in order to continue your gameplay. If there is no scav mode, you are basically banned from playing the game for the next 2 to 3 hours because you need to wait for wounds to heal in order to spawn with a usable character.

1. Scav mode will have a long cooldown. So IF you cannot play because your main character is injured¹, then the scav mode will only slightly reduce the problem. Scav mode was only made to balance the economy a bit for bad players. And the general rule is that if a solution only improves something and doesn't fully resolve it, it's not even a solution to begin with. Forcing bad players who constantly lose all their stuff to spawn in naked and search for a weapon is a solution which would always work and people could keep on playing the game at all times.
  2. There will be multiple main characters². So instead of the scav mode they could just increase the number of main characters by 1. ⇒ Scav mode is not the only solution.
  3. Just because thats how they want to do it, doesnt mean it has to be that way or that is makes sense. I find that (¹) and (²) are both out of place, including the scav system. To cite @Jezeppe here, saying "scav mode is necessary because otherwise there is literally no way to play the game" is like saying "slavery is necessary because otherwise there is literally no way to get any work done". Us being able to play the game right now without a scav mode is already proof that a scav mode is not the only solution to "not being able to play the game", you just have to think in a broader way instead of just staying in the box that BSG gave you.
10 hours ago, dvsilverwing said:

You also drove on and on with comparisons to BR or H1Z1's BR knockoff. This game isn't like that. You draw the comparison as if adding random weapon spawns on the map puts you in the same situation you'd be at in BR, but it doesn't. [...] There are no balance changes made by what you suggest.

I drew the comparison to a BR to show that spawning in without a weapon and searching for it can be fun for a lot of people, nothing else. Others being geared doesn't change the fact that it would still be fun, if there would actually be some scav weapons spawning somewhere. That is literally all it takes to solve the problem of bad players not getting enough action.

This game will never be balanced on a match-by-match basis, so I don't understand what balance has to do with all this. Nobody was talking about ingame balance to begin with.

11 hours ago, dvsilverwing said:

Why is them going "Rambo" such a bad thing? Aren't they just an easier target for you, because they're doing things wrong and you're doing them right?

The problem is they are not doing anything wrong. Why do you think playing active in games like Incurgency is rewarding? Why do people play fast in most FPS, but in EfT they are not? Why do people play very active in Paintball, but actual war fights are hour long snoozefests?

I tell you why: Because playing active is actually the more effective thing to do, if and only if you have nothing to lose. The surprise effect in direct combat is a huge advantage. A soldier can storm a house full of enemies and kill a bunch of them - the problem is he will die for it. The economy is what keeps the tactical play in EfT. Even if the chance is 10% to die to a scav, it may not be wise to fight him. Scavs on the other hand have nothing to lose, so there is basically no reason to not engage a fight for them. They will actively try to hunt you down. You gain practically nothing from killing them, while all it takes is one out of many of them to get a good shot on you and you lose everything. That is fairly ridiculous to say the least.

Devs: I saw your post regarding the cool down etc but I want to say I hope this mode is balanced because I think the majority of players will gravitate towards playing scav for fear of loosing their main character gear. Keep up the amazing work, this game has a great future.

This mode, if not executed properly, could ruin the "fear / tension" aspect of this game. 

vor 50 Minuten schrieb Mike28:

Devs: I saw your post regarding the cool down etc but I want to say I hope this mode is balanced because I think the majority of players will gravitate towards playing scav for fear of loosing their main character gear. Keep up the amazing work, this game has a great future.

This mode, if not executed properly, could ruin the "fear / tension" aspect of this game. 

The Scavs are not the ones that trying to escape afaik.
There is still the storyline that you'll need to play with your PMC char plus the clan feature. ;-)

If it's going to be how I think it will be then the meta game will be to spawn as scav, already halfway to extraction, grab best loot crates since the best ones are closer to extraction and while at it kill a non hostile AI scavs and loot their stuff and safely extract and just dump the goods over to main character and if on cool down simply do a quick run in Factory which takes 0 skill and then rinse and repeat. 

If that's BSG plan than I'm not looking forward to this at all.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a No Risk, High Reward situation. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah COLanski, no offense taken, and if my response was a bit "trollish", I apologise, wasn't meant to be, just meant to explain my reasoning.

Also to all those worried about Scavs grabbing and extracting, I'm pretty sure in the original announcement it was pointed out that Scavs cannot extract, rather they have to Survive until end to keep loot they acquired, although I may be mistaken.

Edited by Bulveye13

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Bulveye13 said:

Yeah COLanski, no offense taken, and if my response was a bit "trollish", I apologise, wasn't meant to be, just meant to explain my reasoning.

Also to all those worried about Scavs grabbing and extracting, I'm pretty sure in the original announcement it was pointed out that Scavs cannot extract, rather they have to Survive until end to keep loot they acquired, although I may be mistaken.

IIRC player SCAVs can extract right away but player SCAVs will spawn during a raid and not at the start, so all "good" loot spots will likely already be picked clean.

Also another IIRC player scavs cannot loot other SCAVs, it needs to be PMC gear or loot found within the raid.

Edited by Cravez

Posted (edited)

I'm not going to bother quoting all the replies in this thread, I'll simply lay out what my thoughts are and if people want to read it then so be it.

Alright, so one of the first things I read was more about WHY is scav mode useful? WHY is it in the game? For a couple reasons, and possibly more we don't know about since the information hasn't been disclosed in full. One of the main points being they're part of the lore.

Why would I want to play as a Scav? Because it gives me an alternative to playing my PMC with no real "Loss" felt when I die, a lot of people here are complaining that Scav mode will be abused because there's no real Risk in it, and yet others complain(Not in this thread, I know that) that earning gear is too difficult and they have a hard time keeping gear, well then this is an option for the latter, not so much the former...

UNLESS, you have other reasons to play it?

Insurance System - Devs have talked about it a bit but not really divulged too much information. Back when Insurance system was first discussed, the devs noticed an issue, people could commit in-game insurance Fraud.  Insure a weapon, take it in, drop it to a friend then die. Now, your friend has the weapon and you claim your insurance.  Devs then suggested they might look into having it so that if you insure a weapon and it's not Looted then you'd get it back. Maybe they will add a way for Scavs to have the option to 'return' a gun to a PMC that they've found for a reward through the Traders.  'What reward would be better than a weapon?' you might ask, well, that we don't know for certain because we're still in Alpha, and lots of details have yet to be fully revealed. 

I for one want to be able to change up the game play when I play as a scav, I will play out scenarios where I will befriend PMC's and help them make their escape for a possible reward from one of them (Or just making out alive with any loot I've gained while helping them) Or maybe I'll pretend to help some PMC's, in the mean time setting up an ambush point with other Scavs, trying to lure them into the trap we've set.

As stated by a couple other members and I will repeat again, we will have a TOTAL OF 3 PMC'S1, not just one like we have now... And if people in this thread are still surprised by that information then I'd have to take a stab and say you haven't done your research on a product you've invested in (Although, I will admit and agree that information is VERY scattered in these forums, I've been here awhile and keep ontop of all dev replies)

A second reason for having Player Scavs is so that the Scavs are always a possible threat, once you know all the PMC's are dead in raid you can pretty much do as you wish, especially if you have fort armor with a helm. Scav players will keep pressure on PMC's remaining in the area.

1 @Natalino, could you confirm this information for those still skeptical? Or correct me if I'm incorrect and it's now a Single PMC.  I couldn't find a source for it being mentioned, remember it might have been part of the Tarkov Weekly interviews.

Side Note; if a PMC is Injured (i.e broken leg, bleeding)  or has died there will be a timer associated with how long it will take to "Heal" that information has not been disclosed. (Can you confirm this as well?)

Edited by Drakkaar

53 minutes ago, Drakkaar said:

1 @Natalino, could you confirm this information for those still skeptical? Or correct me if I'm incorrect and it's now a Single PMC.  I couldn't find a source for it being mentioned, remember it might have been part of the Tarkov Weekly interviews.

I must ask everyone to wait for more information to be disclosed about SCAV mode. Then you will have a concrete and decided information. Not too long of a wait. :)

53 minutes ago, Drakkaar said:

Side Note; if a PMC is Injured (i.e broken leg, bleeding)  or has died there will be a timer associated with how long it will take to "Heal" that information has not been disclosed. (Can you confirm this as well?)

I did not understand your question with this one, though.

That was some read you gave me at 1:17 AM xD 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Natalino said:

That was some read you gave me at 1:17 AM xD 

Sorry, I remember Devs saying something about characters will slowly heal while outside of a raid. So, say you're in a raid and you get a broken leg, and you don't heal it throughout the raid, you leave. Your PMC won't magically be at full health and hydration again, in full release they plan to have your character "Recover" while out of raids is how I understood it.

Hope that makes sense.

P.S - Was more asking for a confirmation on if we will have a total of 3 PMC's come release, not more info on Scavs as I know that will come in time :)

Edited by Drakkaar

11 hours ago, Drakkaar said:

Sorry, I remember Devs saying something about characters will slowly heal while outside of a raid. So, say you're in a raid and you get a broken leg, and you don't heal it throughout the raid, you leave. Your PMC won't magically be at full health and hydration again, in full release they plan to have your character "Recover" while out of raids is how I understood it.

Hope that makes sense.

P.S - Was more asking for a confirmation on if we will have a total of 3 PMC's come release, not more info on Scavs as I know that will come in time :)

Yes, you will have a total of 3 PMCs where you can choose a specific faction for, and they will have certain separate things as well. Stash and all is to be decided. Adjustment and changes might come though but this is the core idea of it.

As for the healing, yes you would need to feed, drink up, heal, etc. You leave with your conditions and you might even have to visit the therapist to get you patched up. :) 

17 hours ago, Drakkaar said:

A second reason for having Player Scavs is so that the Scavs are always a possible threat, once you know all the PMC's are dead in raid you can pretty much do as you wish, especially if you have fort armor with a helm. Scav players will keep pressure on PMC's remaining in the area.

To me this is the entire point of the player scav mode. To turn scavs into an actual threat rather than just easily farmed loot drops. I'd love to see that once the only living PMCs left in a map are all from the same matchmaking squad, that AI scav difficulty is turned up a notch. Going in with 4-5 people in Factory and farming scavs for 30 minutes should not be viable, or at the very least incredibly risky.

I think that if the scav mode functions with the entire pmc´s death so scavs can be victorious and keep the loot, then the whole concern of ppl just spawning as scav, kill an AI scav and extracting is well taken care off. Also, i read a lot of posts where users refer to the fear of loosing gear and because of that they don´t bring gear to the raids... this is something that im having a hard time understanding... What do you want your weapons or gear for if not to take on a raid? what else will you use it for? If you have a m4 all full of attachments and such , don´t you wanna play with it even if you will lose it? Or you just like to see the weapons on your stash?

Will the details of Scav Mode be published in writing or will it be up to the player to figure out.

Currently Scavs spawn in waves. It appears they spawn near the beginning, near the middle and near the end of a raid.

With the new scav mode I thought I saw a post saying you could group up 1-4 people.

Is there a group system for scav mode? If so how many players?
Is there the chance for other real player scavs when you queue solo? Meaning can you spawn in a wave with other player scavs who did not group with you?
Can player scavs spawn at any wave?
Can every wave have player scavs in it?
Are there only three waves?
How many AI/players can spawn per wave?