Blackb1rd

Details and screenshots of the Scav gameplay

The main feature of the nearest update is the Scav game mode.

Scavs are Tarkov locals who decided to walk the path of bandits. Essentially, a Scav is a side character which can deliver you an entirely different gameplay experience. Equipment, weapons, place and time of Scav spawning on location are set randomly.

The most important thing about playing as Scav is that if you get killed in the raid, you will not lose anything from your main character’s possessions, and if you survive, you can add whatever you looted to the cache.

In other words, this is an alternative way to find and save items and to take part in combat, but without constant fear of losing everything that was found or brought into the Raid.

eft_scavs11.jpg

eft_scavs10.jpg

eft_scavs9.jpg

eft_scavs8.jpg

eft_scavs7.jpg

eft_scavs6.jpg

eft_scavs1.jpg

eft_scavs3.jpg

eft_scavs4.jpg

eft_scavs5.jpg

eft_scavs2.jpg

• Upvote 31

Thabk you! This is awesome, i hardly never play because i dont want to loose my gear but now... :D good job guys!

1 minute ago, iotah said:

If a Scav kills another Scav, what happens?

sorry for my bad English

The other Scavs will become hostile towards him is what has been said. Guess we can wait and see in a not so far future :)

• Upvote 1

This mode won't work as healthy as all think when it's abused. Can't disclose the information due to NDA.

@Blackb1rd When playing as SCAV if in the middle of a fire fight vs another play I accidentally damage or kill another SCAV, will all AI suddenly turn against me in the middle of fire fight vs other player? Going to be rough if suddenly surrounded by enemies due to one errant bullet...

For those that think this will be abused and not work, SCAV mod will have a cooldown period so you would not keep playing it again and again. Around 1-hour cooldown with a possibility of paying in game money to get back into the action right away.

And this will be balanced during the testing of the feature by the community. :) 

2 minutes ago, smokatoke said:

@Blackb1rd When playing as SCAV if in the middle of a fire fight vs another play I accidentally damage or kill another SCAV, will all AI suddenly turn against me in the middle of fire fight vs other player? Going to be rough if suddenly surrounded by enemies due to one errant bullet...

Attacks on other SCAVs will turn them against you so yes. It's basically like friendly fire.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Natalino said:

For those that think this will be abused and not work, SCAV mod will have a cooldown period so you would not keep playing it again and again. Around 1-hour cooldown with a possibility of paying in game money to get back into the action right away.

And this will be balanced during the testing of the feature by the community. :) 

Attacks on other SCAVs will turn them against you so yes. It's basically like friendly fire.

So a single round? Ricochet?... or AI death? AI shoot each other accidentally, so why dont they attack each other after an accidental shot? IMO I think it should be AI death and not the accidental round. Hopefully there will be balancing here if needed...

Edited by smokatoke

Just now, smokatoke said:

So a single round? Ricochet?... or AI death? AI shoot each other accidentally, so why dont they shoot each other after an accidental shot? IMO I think it should be AI death and not the accidental round. Hopefully there will be balancing here if needed...

Detailed info on it will be given soon but balancing and all is definitely going to be there.

4 minutes ago, Natalino said:

Detailed info on it will be given soon but balancing and all is definitely going to be there.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

those screenshot are pretty damn good, whoa!!! Scav mode is a nice addiction to the game, will give it a try for sure.