Smudge

How likely am i to get into alpha if u buy the prepare for escape edition?

18 posts in this topic

Hey guys, kinda new to all this, if i was to buy the prepare for escape edition, are there still slots to get into the alpha or was it just 75% of people getting in at the start of the alpha

Many thanks

Well from what I understand, each major update (generally,) they add a new "wave" of testers. I'm not sure how it's selected, but more $$$ = better chance.

Alternatively, you could buy Edge of Darkness edition, and get access as soon as your payment is received. (or, like my buddy, get the $75 package, and upgrade if you don't get in on the next wave.)

As much as i know you can't anymore now we have to wait untill beta test wich a lot of people are waiting for...

46 minutes ago, NickJamesActual said:

Well from what I understand, each major update (generally,) they add a new "wave" of testers. I'm not sure how it's selected, but more $$$ = better chance.

Alternatively, you could buy Edge of Darkness edition, and get access as soon as your payment is received. (or, like my buddy, get the $75 package, and upgrade if you don't get in on the next wave.)

It does not work that way. You get instance chance of being selected in. It's not a wave system. We only added more for starting of extended alpha.

11 minutes ago, Kiarlv said:

As much as i know you can't anymore now we have to wait untill beta test wich a lot of people are waiting for...

No, you still get a chance to be selected in and if you are not selected, you would have to wait for beta.

51 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Hey guys, kinda new to all this, if i was to buy the prepare for escape edition, are there still slots to get into the alpha or was it just 75% of people getting in at the start of the alpha

Many thanks

There is still a chance of 75% to be selected in meaning 25% chance not to be selected in. Read the full details on the link below:

2 minutes ago, Smudge said:

so you can upgrade packages?

Yes. You can try one package and go to the next one giving you a whole new chance depending on the package. BUT you do pay a bit more while doing so because even though you pay the difference between them, there is a slight addition of VAT and payment methods fee on each upgrade since its a different pack, minus the amount you had already.

Just now, Natalino said:

Yes. You can try one package and go to the next one giving you a whole new chance depending on the package. BUT you do pay a bit more while doing so because even though you pay the difference between them, there is a slight addition of VAT and payment methods fee on each upgrade since its a different pack, minus the amount you had already.

ok, good to know! Thanks for showing your presence in this post, it fills me with confidence to see such active devs :D

2 minutes ago, Smudge said:

ok, good to know! Thanks for showing your presence in this post, it fills me with confidence to see such active devs :D

My pleasure. :) 

oh, btw can i upgrade to the limited edition pack if i, say buy the prepare for escape edition?

Natalino is there chanse of you knowing when Closed beta will come out ? Just i heard some time ago that it would be released in first quarter of 2017.

On 3/18/2017 at 4:28 PM, Smudge said:

oh, btw can i upgrade to the limited edition pack if i, say buy the prepare for escape edition?

Of course you can

On 3/19/2017 at 6:27 AM, Kiarlv said:

Natalino is there chanse of you knowing when Closed beta will come out ? Just i heard some time ago that it would be released in first quarter of 2017.

Only date is they are trying for summer

i dont get it. how the upgrade works. i bought last month left behind and today upgrade to prepare for escape. and in game i still have the same stuff and nothing has changed. Greatly increased size of stash is still (10x30) not (10x40).

17 minutes ago, BUFUXD said:

i dont get it. how the upgrade works. i bought last month left behind and today upgrade to prepare for escape. and in game i still have the same stuff and nothing has changed. Greatly increased size of stash is still (10x30) not (10x40).

You've to reset account or wait for Monday for the changes to take effect.

Posted (edited)

If I were to buy the Prepare for Escape edition with a 50% chance of getting into the alpha, and I did not get in, if I upgrade to the 75% chance package would i be able to get another chance?

Edited by fullylaced23

s there a way to tell if we even had a chance at getting selected for alpha, from what I can tell it's a random chance from 50 - 75 % based on the packages I bought, that can take 12-24hrs to apply to my account.

But how do I even know they are accepting people at the moment, I bought the Standard on Sat for about 60 Cdn then upgraded for another 40ish on Monday night giving me a 50% chance and now upgraded again for another 30ish Thursday night for another 75% chance. But again for all I know they could just not be accepting new accounts?

Either way I'm fine, though to be honest I would rather the early Aplha then the added items and storage, something's are just better to earn in game as you play but at the very least I would like to know I pulled the short straw and just have poo luck, something showing the RNG they use would be comforting. Keep up the good work! Game looks great can't wait to get my STALKER on.

1 hour ago, Avox said:

s there a way to tell if we even had a chance at getting selected for alpha, from what I can tell it's a random chance from 50 - 75 % based on the packages I bought, that can take 12-24hrs to apply to my account.

But how do I even know they are accepting people at the moment, I bought the Standard on Sat for about 60 Cdn then upgraded for another 40ish on Monday night giving me a 50% chance and now upgraded again for another 30ish Thursday night for another 75% chance. But again for all I know they could just not be accepting new accounts?

Either way I'm fine, though to be honest I would rather the early Aplha then the added items and storage, something's are just better to earn in game as you play but at the very least I would like to know I pulled the short straw and just have poo luck, something showing the RNG they use would be comforting. Keep up the good work! Game looks great can't wait to get my STALKER on.

They are accepting all the way until alpha ends check your email you should get one saying you got in if you did check spam or go to your profile on main page to see if you can download client

Yea i have been doing this, honestly looks like i just missed the 50% and 70% chance, all good ill just wait out for the beta, im already nearly 150$ Cdn so i doubt i will spring for the next step, thanks for the reply and good luck out there!

Posted (edited)

Dang... same thing for me.  Upgraded and whiffed twice.  My preggo wife would kill me if I upgraded again.

Edited by BungeBash