Blackb1rd

Restriction on game materials publication will be lifted on March, 24

This is great news! I am sure this will get this game wayyy more publicity and funding ;D  Can't wait to stream this game 

6 hours ago, MadMcardle said:

This is great news and I cannot wait to start streaming and making content! A few quick fire questions though if that's cool?

1. Will there be an announcement when we are good to go, due to time zones I am from the UK you see.
  2. With regards to the watermark, I am guessing this is the EFT logo? Are we allowed to use the logo in streams? I usually have the game I am streaming under my avatar as shown below

DayZLogo.png.6d8ba76e059b7f8d4ab6fb6d11607841.png

3. What is the game file size? Want to make sure I have enough space on SSD so I am ready to go.

Thanks, really looking forward to getting stuck in here!

Mad

You can do whatever and use EFT-theme overlays as long as you don't try to appear as an Official EFT Stream. Other than that, have fun with creative freedom!

Thanks for the swift reply @ArmaSwiss I am an honest gamer so wouldn't dream of doing that man, can't wait to get in to Tarkov, and hopefully back out safely lol, roll on pay day!

1 minute ago, MadMcardle said:

Thanks for the swift reply @ArmaSwiss I am an honest gamer so wouldn't dream of doing that man, can't wait to get in to Tarkov, and hopefully back out safely lol, roll on pay day!

You would be surprised. We had an Instagram account try to copy the Official one with every post, change their name to 'Officiel' and tried to backpedal and say they were trying to make a fan page.....

Like, yea, sure. They totally weren't backpedaling because they were caught.

People are weird...

Just now, ArmaSwiss said:

You would be surprised. We have an Instagram account try to copy the Official one with every post, change their name to 'Officiel' and tried to backpedal and say they were trying to make a fan page.....

Like, yea, sure. They totally weren't backpedaling because they were caught.

Wow really? That's pretty dumb, how can they say they support the game and development with tricks like that? Well I can honestly say I have no intention of anything like that, just want to support the game, so glad I will be in Alpha so pretty early on still too. I have waited a long time for something like EFT to come along!

19 hours ago, ArmaSwiss said:

Don't forget everyone! 

The NDA applies to anything with a watermark. So this is a global removal of the visible watermark.
What do this mean? If you have screenshots//videos/etc with your watermark, that is STILL under the NDA and can not be shared.
Everything after when the watermark is removed is not under the NDA, and feel free to stream/record/etc.

Tl;DR

If there is a watermark, the NDA is in effect and it cannot be uploaded.

If there is NO watermark, the NDA has been lifted and you are free to stream/youtube/whatever.

I was just about to ask about this, I made some videos during my time playing here waiting to upload them when the NDA was lifted... :( I'll just throw them in the recycle bin and start fresh.

8 hours ago, MadMcardle said:

This is great news and I cannot wait to start streaming and making content! A few quick fire questions though if that's cool?

1. Will there be an announcement when we are good to go, due to time zones I am from the UK you see.
  2. With regards to the watermark, I am guessing this is the EFT logo? Are we allowed to use the logo in streams? I usually have the game I am streaming under my avatar as shown below

DayZLogo.png.6d8ba76e059b7f8d4ab6fb6d11607841.png

3. What is the game file size? Want to make sure I have enough space on SSD so I am ready to go.

Thanks, really looking forward to getting stuck in here!

Mad

The watermark is the thing bouncing around on the screen with your username in it.

Great news although a lot of poor youtube channels and people who bought the beta will be left out, i was counting on NDA being lifted for everyone when the beta comes out, seems a lot more fair. It is your decision in the end

3 hours ago, CRNilsen said:

The watermark is the thing bouncing around on the screen with your username in it.

Oh thanks man :)

Great news for the games future! I'm also glad of this as the watermark has on occasion blocked my sight during a firefight! :D

5 minutes ago, memphis86 said:

So can we Stream the Game?

Just now, Alec12 said:

March 24th in what time zone?

As long as there is a watermark on your screen, you are under the NDA. When that watermark disappears, which will happen on March 24th, then you will be able to.

Just now, ArmaSwiss said:

As long as there is a watermark on your screen, you are under the NDA. When that watermark disappears, which will happen on March 24th, then you will be able to.

so does that mean some time during march 24th? Like it hasn't been decided? or at midnight of the 23rd. I just want to be on when it happens

Just now, Alec12 said:

so does that mean some time during march 24th? Like it hasn't been decided? or at midnight of the 23rd. I just want to be on when it happens

Unknown. March 24th is March 24th. Just check throughout the day.

awesome. i must say, i just bought this game less than a week ago and doing so i started reading all the forums and am amazed at the community, the status reports and all. i went balls deep into buying the edge of darkness edition but the game looked too good to pass up and i just got a new pc so i took the plunge. i was half expecting this game to be very slow with updates and figured it would take a while before anything really happened that wasn't in the game already. but seeing this post made me hyped for the fact that the game isn't another survival early alpha nonsense of a game stuck in purgatory. very much looking forward to the (rail)road ahead. (choo choo)