Dylan1987

Budget Gaming Computer help!-*

7 posts in this topic

Howdy, I was wondering if anyone had some advice about how one would go about building a budget gaming PC ideal for this game. My budget is about $750 AUD - $580USD and needs to include a wireless adapter, dont care about things like dvd roms ect. it will be purely for gaming. Ideally id liek to play this game at high/close to max settings with good frame rates and the ability to record footage. if anyone can provide some good info on how to go about building my first gaming pc, or even just a decent parts list i can pay someone else to build id be stoked!

Are you starting with any components?  If so, what are they (e.g. case, 650W power supply, etc.)?  With what costs are here in the US, a budget of $580 doesn't get much without some dedicated bargain hunting.

3 hours ago, Dylan1987 said:

Howdy, I was wondering if anyone had some advice about how one would go about building a budget gaming PC ideal for this game. My budget is about $750 AUD - $580USD and needs to include a wireless adapter, dont care about things like dvd roms ect. it will be purely for gaming. Ideally id liek to play this game at high/close to max settings with good frame rates and the ability to record footage. if anyone can provide some good info on how to go about building my first gaming pc, or even just a decent parts list i can pay someone else to build id be stoked!

I know someone who can help...built mine. Going to move this to off topic though, cause it is better there.

6 hours ago, Dylan1987 said:

Hello @Dylan1987,

I would recommend  PC Part Picker you can basically build a PC without any knowledge of what you are doing, I did lol, and if there is something that may have issues/not be compatible it will tell you at the bottom of the page, great site I think and well worth a look!

Hope this helps :) 

On 20/3/2017 at 2:21 PM, ValarxMorghulis said:

Are you starting with any components?  If so, what are they (e.g. case, 650W power supply, etc.)?  With what costs are here in the US, a budget of $580 doesn't get much without some dedicated bargain hunting.

not sure about the price modifier in AUS but i'd say that it's really doable if he's willing to get some secondhand parts, seeing as processors for gaming has stagnated for around 7 years and that processors don't really degrade unless pushed to insane voltages or temps. i built a PC for the missus capable of playing Arma at 60 fps most of  the time for around 500 USD and with the taxes in Denmark, those parts i used would probably be around 300 USD used.
The main problem with building super cheap PC's is that you usually build them with a specific game in mind because different games are driven by different hardware. EFT in it's current state is for example bugged with huge RAM leaks and a game like arma is driven by CPU with nearly pure clockspeeds an not so much number of cores.

TL;DR: choose which engine your favorite games are on and build from that. also @MadMcardle has a really good point, Part Picker is a godsend if you don't know that much about hardware.

On 3/20/2017 at 10:45 AM, Dylan1987 said:

Keep your current case and HDD/SSD, try to find used (up to 2 years) i5 cpu and a total of 16gb ram (parts which pretty much dont break if you treat them properly), invest the rest into a new gcard and the cheapest mboard you can find for the cpu/gpu combo. If your current PSU has not enough power, buy a decent one with around 650W. If you dont have old parts at all, buy the cheapest stuff you can find, maybe even used ones. For a low budget usually an AMD gpu is recommended, but people have trouble with those in this game, so in this case I'd say go for nvidea.

That is probably the best way you will get away with it for a low budget. Otherwise you will have trouble running EfT at all at high fps.

Keep in mind that if you build a PC yourself, you run the risk that if a part breaks at some point, you have to manually find out which one to make use of the warranty, which can be a pain in the arse if you dont know much about the tech. Thats something many people forget before it actually happens and why prebuild PCs are usually the more comfortable (yet more expensive) option.