varggift

What recording program do you use?

I would like to start recording my gameplay, what is the best and most compatible program to record gameplay in EFT?

(I have an r390 so no shadowplay for me :(.. )

Thanks, regards varggift

Edited by varggift

Shadowplay works really well for me. It used to be buggy, but they've since ironed it out fairly well over the years.

Shadowplay.
12 years ago I used Fraps, then I tried Dxtory for a little while(couple of years maybe) then I switched to Shadowplay :)

Hey guys I just can´t figure out why my Shadowplay or Gforce Experience is not recording when I play EFT, anyone can gimme a hint?

I really like OBS Studio. I mainly have mine set to buffer record, so it will always have X amount of minutes in the memory, and when I click a button it will save it (like Shadowplay)

Shadowplay!  Couldn't get OBS to work. Kept getting a blackscreen. Shadowplay is a no brainer. You can decide while you are playing to start recording right away, and stream to! 

100% the best Mirillis Action, picture is so clean and it doesnt take away your FPS while recording. If you had nvidia u could use shadowplay but quality of video wouldn't be as good as quality of video rec. with Mirillis Action. I know ppl like to use Shadowplay because of "no FPS drop" but...
Also you can do live stream with Mirillis Action in 1080p 60fps its so clean !

MSI. Just screenshots for now. It records great video, then convert the vid file with AVS. Takes a 10gb file and compresses it to about 900mb. Good stuff. 

OBS Studio works great for recording videos for my Youtube channel. Also works great for streaming. Using nvenc, as I have a nvidia 1080, but can also use intels quicksync. Both of those means using dedicated hardware in either the GPU or CPU, so performance is about the same as Shadowplay. With and AMD Radeon card, you can use the AMD Advanced Media Framework Encoder Plugin for OBS, so you use the dedicated encoding hardware in your card instead of your CPU. Recording in resolutions like 2k+ in 60 fps and high bitrates uses loads of CPU resources, so being able to use dedicated hardware blocks in either CPU or GPU means much less to no loss in performance :) And its really easy to setup. If you get black screen like one poster here, just change the settings to game capture and point it to the game's exe file. Got any questions, feel free to ask :)

____________________________                                                   

Check out my youtube channel at:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Quasimiyao

On 02/05/2017 at 11:40 AM, MarshalONEbro said:

100% the best Mirillis Action, picture is so clean and it doesnt take away your FPS while recording. If you had nvidia u could use shadowplay but quality of video wouldn't be as good as quality of video rec. with Mirillis Action. I know ppl like to use Shadowplay because of "no FPS drop" but...
Also you can do live stream with Mirillis Action in 1080p 60fps its so clean !

Hey dude, i just bought myself Action! Mirillis because when i tried it a long time ago on Tom Clancy's The Division, everything was incredibly smooth and colors were very nice ! But for an unknown reason, when i'm recording EFT, my fps goes from ~60fps to 44-50fps, i can't explain why, i've already tried every codec possible, any idea ? i7 4790K with 16GO RAM and GTX 980 Ti, game is on a SSD and i tried to record on SSD and HDD, it didn't change a thing. Oh one more, thing, i'm playing in 2560x1440p !

Thanks !