varggift

What recording program do you use?

51 minutes ago, Drazyor said:

Hey dude, i just bought myself Action! Mirillis because when i tried it a long time ago on Tom Clancy's The Division, everything was incredibly smooth and colors were very nice ! But for an unknown reason, when i'm recording EFT, my fps goes from ~60fps to 44-50fps, i can't explain why, i've already tried every codec possible, any idea ? i7 4790K with 16GO RAM and GTX 980 Ti, game is on a SSD and i tried to record on SSD and HDD, it didn't change a thing. Oh one more, thing, i'm playing in 2560x1440p !

Thanks !

Are you using software encoding? Or are you using Quicksync or Nvidia's nvenc? I'm not sure exactly what performance loss I get when recording, but its not that much for sure. But I know OBS use very little resources compared to Xsplit. Dont know how action compares when it comes to resource usage tho. 

____________________________                                                   

Check out my youtube channel at:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Quasimiyao

6 hours ago, Quasimiyao said:

Are you using software encoding? Or are you using Quicksync or Nvidia's nvenc? I'm not sure exactly what performance loss I get when recording, but its not that much for sure. But I know OBS use very little resources compared to Xsplit. Dont know how action compares when it comes to resource usage tho. 

Check out my youtube channel at:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Quasimiyao

I'm using Nvidia's Nvenc but i really can't explain the performance loss since this program (Action) was absolutely perfect with The Division a while ago. I bought Action and Bandicam, both of them make me lose too much, i think I'll give OBS a try since a lot of people seem to be happy with it on this thead, what do you think ? Or i can try Shadowplay for sure but the video looks so colorless with it... :bebad:

On 3/25/2017 at 10:39 PM, varggift said:

I would like to start recording my gameplay, what is the best and most compatible program to record gameplay in EFT?

(I have an r390 so no shadowplay for me :(.. )

Thanks, regards varggift

it's called

Redeon ReLive

and you have it.

pretty much radeons shadowpay. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sYs said:

it's called

Redeon ReLive

and you have it.

Ow. Installed new updated yesterday and ignored that particular add-on. Thought it was some sheet program.

Gonna try it.  Thanks for sharing.

I use Bandicam.  It does not have a lot of features but it works and its reliable

42 minutes ago, varggift said:

Ow. Installed new updated yesterday and ignored that particular add-on. Thought it was some sheet program.

yeah - turn it on and ctrl+s saves last 10 minutes of gameplay. ( really cool if you had a great fight )

Otherwise - record all the time, tho i takes up a lot of disk space. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Drazyor said:

I'm using Nvidia's Nvenc but i really can't explain the performance loss since this program (Action) was absolutely perfect with The Division a while ago. I bought Action and Bandicam, both of them make me lose too much, i think I'll give OBS a try since a lot of people seem to be happy with it on this thead, what do you think ? Or i can try Shadowplay for sure but the video looks so colorless with it... :bebad:

Try OBS Studio, is the best free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. The impact on performance is really minimal. I use OBS instead Bandicam now, I like Bandicam but when I use it the impact on performance is much bigger for the same video quality.

Furthermore OBS Studio has a "Buffer Replay" mode that allow to record a video by pressing one key on keyboard without starting every time the recording but only setting the time you want for the Replay mode:

for example if you set it for 300 seconds, without recording all your gameplay you can only press a key when you want to save a video of the last 300 seconds of your gameplay. Very useful option I think.

Edited by o0Cosmo0o
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, o0Cosmo0o said:

Try OBS Studio, is the best free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. The impact on performance is really minimal. I use OBS instead Bandicam now, I like Bandicam but when I use it the impact on performance is much bigger for the same video quality.

How did i miss an open source software like this one ?! Damn, thanks mate, i'm downloading it as i write this message, are video settings a little big complicate to configure ? Can you share your settings for EFT please ?

5 minutes ago, Drazyor said:

How did i miss an open source software like this one ?! Damn, thanks mate, i'm downloading it as i write this message, are video settings a little big complicate to configure ? Can you share your settings for EFT please ?

Add "Game Capture" in the "Sources" to record only your gameplay (you can set EFT exe to record only the game, see a tutorial about recording gameplay on YouTube)

Settings depend from your PC specs, anyway these are my settings:

Output:

• change "Video Bitrate" to 50000 or 80000 for a better video quality (more performance impact)
  • set 160 or more for "Audio Bitrate" for better audio quality
  • set "Hardware (NVENC)" for Encoder if you have an nVidia GPU
  • set "mp4" in the Recording Format
  • enable the Replay Buffer if you want it and set how many seconds (you can see the estimated memory usage, but make a choice depend from your Ram and PC spec: for EFT better if you have 16GB RAM or more)
Spoiler

output.thumb.png.d086e170a02f0654af4e347ef6f61e0c.png

Audio:

• set "Sample Rate 48khz"
Spoiler

audio.thumb.png.6f02000d35a16b374c7b6b4a415829dc.png

Video:

• for Base Resolution you can find your native video resolution
  • in the Output Resolution set the resolution you want for the final video 
  • set the Common FPS Values with the framerate you want for the final video (60 FPS is good)
Spoiler

video.thumb.png.17f95fe2f6a1895df695ab273efc8f30.png

Hokeys:

• set your hotkeys for every action: I use only F12 to save a video in the Replay Buffer mode as you can see:
Spoiler

hotkeys.thumb.png.7182ca2d9ae163b1958be72e371567ee.png

I am not a pro user of this program, you can find on YouTube a lot of tutorials and old users of this program can help you, I hope in future to see a guide about OBS in this forum ;)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, o0Cosmo0o said:

Add "Game Capture" in the "Sources" to record only your gameplay (you can set EFT exe to record only the game, see a tutorial about recording gameplay on YouTube)

Settings depend from your PC specs, anyway these are my settings:

Output:

• change "Video Bitrate" to 50000 or 80000 for a better video quality (more performance impact)
  • set 160 or more for "Audio Bitrate" for better audio quality
  • set "Hardware (NVENC)" for Encoder if you have an nVidia GPU
  • set "mp4" in the Recording Format
  • enable the Replay Buffer if you want it and set how many seconds (you can see the estimated memory usage, but make a choice depend from your Ram and PC spec: for EFT better if you have 16GB RAM or more)
  Hide contents

output.thumb.png.d086e170a02f0654af4e347ef6f61e0c.png

Audio:

• set "Sample Rate 48khz"
  Reveal hidden contents

audio.thumb.png.6f02000d35a16b374c7b6b4a415829dc.png

Video:

• for Base Resolution you can find your native video resolution
  • in the Output Resolution set the resolution you want for the final video 
  • set the Common FPS Values with the framerate you want for the final video (60 FPS is good)
  Hide contents

video.thumb.png.17f95fe2f6a1895df695ab273efc8f30.png

Hokeys:

• set your hotkeys for every action: I use only F12 to save a video in the Replay Buffer mode as you can see:
  Hide contents

hotkeys.thumb.png.7182ca2d9ae163b1958be72e371567ee.png

I am not a pro user of this program, you can find on YouTube a lot of tutorials and old users of this program can help you, I hope in future to see a guide about OBS in this forum ;)

Man that's so awesome ! Thank you very much for all the time you spent to write this and add screenshots ! I can't wait to try these settings after my lunch ! I'm bothering you just one more time, what are your computer specs just to compare with mine so i can know if i can take exactly the same settings as you, personally i have a i7 4790k, 980 Ti, 16 Go RAM and the game on a ssd, btw one more thing, where is your game and where do you record your videos ? (SSD or HDD) ?

Again a big thank you !

11 hours ago, Drazyor said:

Hey dude, i just bought myself Action! Mirillis because when i tried it a long time ago on Tom Clancy's The Division, everything was incredibly smooth and colors were very nice ! But for an unknown reason, when i'm recording EFT, my fps goes from ~60fps to 44-50fps, i can't explain why, i've already tried every codec possible, any idea ? i7 4790K with 16GO RAM and GTX 980 Ti, game is on a SSD and i tried to record on SSD and HDD, it didn't change a thing. Oh one more, thing, i'm playing in 2560x1440p !

Thanks !

was about to say u probably record on higher res. than 1920x1080. Maybe try to rec on it and see ? Tbh u have very good gaming pc and u should be fine even with bandicam but yeah dont use it, anyway try to go to nvidia shadowplay and custom setup, use all on ultra / custom settings and rec with that, than compare to your recordings from Action. (but yeah go in shadowplay and rec in 2560x1440p)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drazyor said:

Man that's so awesome ! Thank you very much for all the time you spent to write this and add screenshots ! I can't wait to try these settings after my lunch ! I'm bothering you just one more time, what are your computer specs just to compare with mine so i can know if i can take exactly the same settings as you, personally i have a i7 4790k, 980 Ti, 16 Go RAM and the game on a ssd, btw one more thing, where is your game and where do you record your videos ? (SSD or HDD) ?

Again a big thank you !

I record my gameplay on SSD (where is also my OS and EFT folder) for better performance and no lags (but probably an HD is good too)

My PC are worst than your, you can record with better settings don't worry :D

Anyway my settings are fine for a nice quality, try it ;)

Edited by o0Cosmo0o
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, o0Cosmo0o said:

I record my gameplay on SSD (where is also my OS and EFT folder) for better performance and no lags (but probably an HD is good too)

My PC are worst than your, you can record with better settings don't worry :D

Anyway my settings are fine for a nice quality, try it ;)

Man i just wanna thank you SO much, your tutorial was absolutly clear and brilliant ! I can push the bitrate to 85 000 without experiencing any lag while recording, this is so impressive, now i feel sad to have lost 29€ in Action Mirillis yesterday, when an open source software does thing better but i guess we learn from our mistakes, then again, big up to you !

2 hours ago, MarshalONEbro said:

was about to say u probably record on higher res. than 1920x1080. Maybe try to rec on it and see ? Tbh u have very good gaming pc and u should be fine even with bandicam but yeah dont use it, anyway try to go to nvidia shadowplay and custom setup, use all on ultra / custom settings and rec with that, than compare to your recordings from Action. (but yeah go in shadowplay and rec in 2560x1440p)

Thank you for your answer mate, finally i'm going to stick with OBS since it does exactly what i'm waiting from it !

OBS, 0 lag and high quality recording also and very easy to setup! i would recommend it to anyone!

44 minutes ago, Drazyor said:

Man i just wanna thank you SO much, your tutorial was absolutly clear and brilliant ! I can push the bitrate to 85 000 without experiencing any lag while recording, this is so impressive, now i feel sad to have lost 29€ in Action Mirillis yesterday, when an open source software does thing better but i guess we learn from our mistakes, then again, big up to you !

Good, glad I was able to help!

When recording with OBS I would suggest using mkv instead of mp4. If for some reason you get a problem, like software crashing, pc chrashing or anything like that, a mp4 file is then pretty much lost. Close to impossible recovering that file without issues, but with mkv u can still use the file even if you didnt stop the recording properly. And you can remux the mkv to mp4 with OBS afterwards, or just do your editing straight from the mkv, as I do. 

Check out my youtube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/user/Quasimiyao

Edited by Quasimiyao

On 3/25/2017 at 8:39 PM, varggift said:

I would like to start recording my gameplay, what is the best and most compatible program to record gameplay in EFT?

(I have an r390 so no shadowplay for me :(.. )

Thanks, regards varggift

Why not use AMD Relive? Just has good as ShadowPlay ... Its AMDs answer to that software. Works excellent for recording and streaming.

On 2017-05-06 at 10:45 AM, varggift said:

On 2017-05-06 at 9:41 AM, sYs said:

it's called

Redeon ReLive

and you have it.

On 2017-05-19 at 6:04 AM, shankly1985 said:

Why not use AMD Relive? Just has good as ShadowPlay ... Its AMDs answer to that software. Works excellent for recording and streaming.

a bit late there mate, im settled for now.

thanks anyway:) cheers

5 hours ago, varggift said:

a bit late there mate, im settled for now.

thanks anyway:) cheers

Yeah I seen that after I posted :D What did you settle for?

4 hours ago, shankly1985 said:

Yeah I seen that after I posted :D What did you settle for?

I went with the amd relive. So far so good... but im not a computer genious, so i really dont know how much it affedts my system.

I know so much that it doesnt make it harder to play :P

• Upvote 1

I've been trying to use xsplit but the moment I boot it up it lags and stutters like none other anyone know a fix or should i cancel my license and just use obs

It's nice to see what others have been using. As usual I'm late to the race. I've been using XSplit though for streaming and recording. I'm going to give this OBS a try, and maybe see a performance increase while recording.