varggift

What recording program do you use?

I don't really record videos much,

But Shadowplay is a great recording program and can record stuff even when you're not recording. (Confusing right?)

It records in great quality and does not have a huge watermark over recordings.

If I use Shadowplay my videos get all screwed up after editing and rendering with Vega Pro 13 as Veags and a lot of other video editors require a video with fixed frame rate, Shadowplay records with a variable frame rate so....

How do you guys get around this? Do you use some other video editing software that can handle Shadowplay's variable frame rate or do you use some other recording software that records in a fixed frame rate?

FYI Cyberlink PowerDiector handles Shadowplay's variable frame rate just fine BUT it won't let me render in 3440x1440 21:9 Ultrawide for some reason.

:-( 

Edited by RipGroove

I don't record like I used to, but for my last couple videos I used LoiLo Recorder and it worked pretty well for me.

Shadowplay mostly for the ease of use and very little use of resources. I also use DXTORY from time to time but it is far more complicated to set up, especially if you want to split audio channels etc.
Both are good programs but shadowplay is free though slightly limited. DXTORY has many options but may be too complicated for novice users. Also it costs around €20.
Both programs have no impact on framerates for me but i am sitting on a GTX 1080 and 32 gigs of RAM. Lower end configurtations could have a different experience.

OBS studio is a good recording software overall, it isn't very intensive to your cpu or memory usage, and it records any game fine

Use Geforce Experience with my 1080Ti on 4K works wonderfull:

Edited by Heatlock
  • Like 1