JuliusCaesar

Terra Group agents

7 posts in this topic

I had an idea for a new non playable enemy faction, and read through the lore to make sure my idea was compatible.
My idea would satisfy those who are not satisfied with only 3 current factions, and would satisfy those who want other ways than scav mode to find loot, and those who want a little more challenge in the game.

The idea would be that when you and your friends, or just you, are going through the maps, if you come across a certain area, lets call it a "secret zone", that may contain "intel" that if recovered would be worth a large amount of xp. However, these zones are protected by Terra Group Agents. Not a PMC group as much a small clandestine group of elite "spies" or some other thing, that are equipped with the best gear available, the best ammo, and high stats all round. 

As for what the "secret zone" would be, it could be a secondary objective for some maps, where instead of just surviving, you could journey to the corners of the map to find a very well hidden "station", imagine it as a little shack or house that is camoflauged and very hard to see, and even harder to access. You would probably need breaching charges to get to the doors, and both outside and inside the station would be 3-5 agents that are wearing plate armor, and firing armor piercing rounds at you with great precision. 
The end result of this would be that if a group of people, or one very skilled person, were to defeat this force and access the station, he would then have looting rights to the agents gear, as well as the "intel", probably just some envelope that would be automatically despawned from the players inventory upon extraction, and the player would be able to choose what skill he would level up from recovering it.

Now you may be thinking that this would become a hotspot for every player to run to and spam, but note a few things I said earlier:

A: it will be in the "corners" of the map, maybe an area that is accessible only by reaching a certain high level, and then going to it, meaning you would eliminate new players waiting for everyone to be dead so he may loot everything and run away.
B: The "doors" to the station i mentioned, where you would need a breaching charge. This would mean you can't just be a skilled player, you also need to be very very well equipped, and assuming breaching charges will only be sold by vendors at a high level, that again means only high level players would be at the station.

To me it sounds like a good idea if it would not be too time consuming. If you take any interest in the idea, please poke holes in it and I will get back to you with other ideas for it.

Lastly, if you were wondering how the agents looked, I imagine them in sleek black outfits, armed to the teeth, and built like a brick house.
something like the taiwanese special forces, pic related.

( as for the lore, all USEC knows is that it was hired to guard certain things, USEC was never clearly debriefed on everything, and has been kept in the dark on many Terra Group secrets )
Thanks all.

taiwanese.jpg

Posted (edited)

Dude I love the idea!

I have some suggestions though!

I will make it quick here summarised at the top:

-It would be best only on free roam mode

-These secret zones should be made into side quests, and then future DLCs

-It should reward an envelope which contains clues and information on more raids

-This envelope can either be opened by the player themself or sold on the flea market or sold to a trader

-Each location in free roam mode should be ranked with difficulty, this rank will give players a clue as to how hard the secret zone side quest will be (as well as how hard scavs will be)

-Since these are Terragroup agents, and Terragroup is of UK origin, PLEASE MAKE THEM HAVE LA85 or SA80 rifles!

-Make everything on the agent's body lootable, especially that badass face protector mask

IF IN A RAID

For every raid that happens, and I mean every single raid, even if it is the same location or same server hosting straight after the previous raid. I am suggesting that every new raid has a different location for the "secret zone" to be. Lets say that there are only like 3, 4 or 5 possible locations. And the way of finding these locations could just be by chance, but I would like to think that there would be clues hidden around the map!

Or maybe you could find a clue (could be a key or code or just info) as to where a secret zone is through a reward given for completing a side quest! And maybe the reward could include gear that might be essential for completing the removal of the agents, maybe a flash bang or armour piercing bullets...etc.

Ok!

So if these secret zones were inside a raid, I think that to avoid everybody trying to get to it (i know you already said that it would require the best gear and so on) there should be a 25% chance of it spawning and even then you have to acquire clues hidden around the raid as to where it is...

IF IN FREE ROAM   (better 2bh)

But even better! It should only really be on free roam mode, since the map is so much bigger, and then it allows for the first secret zone to contain the location of the next secret zone!

There is a game called Assassins Creed Black Flag (AC4) where you find sea forts and legendary ships, these are ranked in difficulty depending on which zone of the map they are located in. You have to destroy and capture these forts and ships. I think that in Escape From Tarkov, in the free roam mode, each part of the world should have a different secret zone which is harder than the previous one and so on until the very last secret zone which would be a bit like an end-game...

I imagine your idea to be a way of introducing players to the free roam mode. SO once they have completed all the raids, they receive intel about a place that is full of amazing loot. If their friends are at the same progress in the game, then it could be co-op or you could just do it on your own. 

- So the player spawns in at the last raid where he/she knows there is mega loot, and upon completion they find a map of the whole world available in free roam mode, from there free roam is made available and with it more and more secret zones...

About making the necessary gear for this raid only available from high level vendors / traders.

Yes and No

I think there should be a chance that one of these secret zones can spawn high end breaching gear! 

But definetely make it available from the vendors / traders as well

Edited by alex8xela
typo

On 4/17/2017 at 1:20 PM, alex8xela said:

Dude I love the idea!

I have some suggestions though!

I will make it quick here summarised at the top:

-It would be best only on free roam mode

-These secret zones should be made into side quests, and then future DLCs

-It should reward an envelope which contains clues and information on more raids

-This envelope can either be opened by the player themself or sold on the flea market or sold to a trader

-Each location in free roam mode should be ranked with difficulty, this rank will give players a clue as to how hard the secret zone side quest will be (as well as how hard scavs will be)

-Since these are Terragroup agents, and Terragroup is of UK origin, PLEASE MAKE THEM HAVE LA85 or SA80 rifles!

-Make everything on the agent's body lootable, especially that badass face protector mask

IF IN A RAID

For every raid that happens, and I mean every single raid, even if it is the same location or same server hosting straight after the previous raid. I am suggesting that every new raid has a different location for the "secret zone" to be. Lets say that there are only like 3, 4 or 5 possible locations. And the way of finding these locations could just be by chance, but I would like to think that there would be clues hidden around the map!

Or maybe you could find a clue (could be a key or code or just info) as to where a secret zone is through a reward given for completing a side quest! And maybe the reward could include gear that might be essential for completing the removal of the agents, maybe a flash bang or armour piercing bullets...etc.

Ok!

So if these secret zones were inside a raid, I think that to avoid everybody trying to get to it (i know you already said that it would require the best gear and so on) there should be a 25% chance of it spawning and even then you have to acquire clues hidden around the raid as to where it is...

IF IN FREE ROAM   (better 2bh)

But even better! It should only really be on free roam mode, since the map is so much bigger, and then it allows for the first secret zone to contain the location of the next secret zone!

There is a game called Assassins Creed Black Flag (AC4) where you find sea forts and legendary ships, these are ranked in difficulty depending on which zone of the map they are located in. You have to destroy and capture these forts and ships. I think that in Escape From Tarkov, in the free roam mode, each part of the world should have a different secret zone which is harder than the previous one and so on until the very last secret zone which would be a bit like an end-game...

I imagine your idea to be a way of introducing players to the free roam mode. SO once they have completed all the raids, they receive intel about a place that is full of amazing loot. If their friends are at the same progress in the game, then it could be co-op or you could just do it on your own. 

- So the player spawns in at the last raid where he/she knows there is mega loot, and upon completion they find a map of the whole world available in free roam mode, from there free roam is made available and with it more and more secret zones...

About making the necessary gear for this raid only available from high level vendors / traders.

Yes and No

I think there should be a chance that one of these secret zones can spawn high end breaching gear! 

But definetely make it available from the vendors / traders as well

appreciate the comment and the ideas, I would absolutely agree that it may be better in free roam, specifically in more difficult areas as you were saying, but yes if the idea took off it could have dedicated DLC aspects to it like a dedicated mission about it. 
About having an SA-80 and L96, that would be quite a good way to fit new weapons into the game while being lore friendly

What I especially find interesting is the 25% chance of the thing spawning, but as for that I would instead say that the developers should flatten out the four corners of the map, and then have a randomizer for which corner the station would spawn at in each games beginning. This would allow for more difficulty finding it, and more dynamic games. Not sure how the devs would feel about whether or not changing maps each game might defy the games consistency. I think that would be up to them.

To add on to what I was saying earlier, you could use Terra Group agents as a chance to subtly introduce new weapon and ammo types to the game. If you were thinking about it, they could be equipped with bullets tipped with phosphorus ( incendiary rounds ) or something of the sort, just pondering!

@JuliusCaesar

5 hours ago, JuliusCaesar said:

What I especially find interesting is the 25% chance of the thing spawning, but as for that I would instead say that the developers should flatten out the four corners of the map, and then have a randomizer for which corner the station would spawn at in each games beginning. This would allow for more difficulty finding it, and more dynamic games. Not sure how the devs would feel about whether or not changing maps each game might defy the games consistency. I think that would be up to them.

Yeah I think if it was in a raid, there should only be a possibility of it happening. Not for definite each time, but then again, the players will never know, they will have to find out whether or not there is a secret zone is active for each particular raid...

Or there are always four stations, one in each corner of the map, but only one of them contains the current secret zone for that raid. SO, you have to try and break into each station, get only so far, just to discover that this one was empty, now you can narrow it down. This way, no-one would know if they are going to get shot at immediately after they walk in, this would keep each raid fresh!

Maybe after a while the experienced players will know where all the stations are on each map/raid. However they will still never know which one will have the secret zone inside. They won't know if they will find hostiles inside. They won't know if they will find loot and high end weapon / ammo types inside!

5 hours ago, JuliusCaesar said:

To add on to what I was saying earlier, you could use Terra Group agents as a chance to subtly introduce new weapon and ammo types to the game. If you were thinking about it, they could be equipped with bullets tipped with phosphorus   (incendiary rounds ) or something of the sort, just pondering!

Yeah I agree, this would be a perfect way of introducing more high end gear onto the market as well as letting players buy it from traders. I would love to see the SA80 type rifles and the L96.

Furthermore, I feel like Terragroup Agents would need to have a really clever AI system. They should have the possibility of leaving the station, and then if you kill one, their body / loot could contain clues as to where their secret zone is.

Or maybe the (wonderful) devs could add a mechanic where you interrogate these agents (and players...) for information. But they will only back down if there is enough members in your squad. The AI would sum up how well armed each player is and make a decision whether it should fight or submit and back down...

Overall, you have started a great idea - all credit to you!

(watch this space)

we should tag some devs, get them to see this!

@Blackb1rd @trainfender @TarkovEscaper  ( sorry I hope this is allowed. )

5 hours ago, ivantherussian said:

Cough* cough* dlc

Ahh yes it could be free for Edge Of Darkness players...

1 hour ago, alex8xela said:

@JuliusCaesar

Yeah I think if it was in a raid, there should only be a possibility of it happening. Not for definite each time, but then again, the players will never know, they will have to find out whether or not there is a secret zone is active for each particular raid...

Or there are always four stations, one in each corner of the map, but only one of them contains the current secret zone for that raid. SO, you have to try and break into each station, get only so far, just to discover that this one was empty, now you can narrow it down. This way, no-one would know if they are going to get shot at immediately after they walk in, this would keep each raid fresh!

Maybe after a while the experienced players will know where all the stations are on each map/raid. However they will still never know which one will have the secret zone inside. They won't know if they will find hostiles inside. They won't know if they will find loot and high end weapon / ammo types inside!

Yeah I agree, this would be a perfect way of introducing more high end gear onto the market as well as letting players buy it from traders. I would love to see the SA80 type rifles and the L96.

Furthermore, I feel like Terragroup Agents would need to have a really clever AI system. They should have the possibility of leaving the station, and then if you kill one, their body / loot could contain clues as to where their secret zone is.

Or maybe the (wonderful) devs could add a mechanic where you interrogate these agents (and players...) for information. But they will only back down if there is enough members in your squad. The AI would sum up how well armed each player is and make a decision whether it should fight or submit and back down...

Overall, you have started a great idea - all credit to you!

(watch this space)

we should tag some devs, get them to see this!

@Blackb1rd @trainfender @TarkovEscaper  ( sorry I hope this is allowed. )

Ahh yes it could be free for Edge Of Darkness players...

Well all the dlcs for the game will be avaible for EOD owners because of the season pass

I would like to see this idea as a main part of the free roam mode.

So let's imagine that when you and your squad of 5 in total are roaming around the map, and you find a mysterious pile of bullet casings / shells / spent rounds, and these casings look extremely high quality. Maybe you find a bit of old rolled-up paper with a note inside that reads;

"Between the water well and the Oak tree, right of first entrance"

So you go to this place (after hours of searching) and you find a few armchairs, one with an expensive looking GPS , a radio and some files on it. (This place is in the middle of a massive expanse of forests) And, as promised, you look to your left and you see what looks like a trapdoor in the floor, you remain cautious as you are still not sure what the point of the note was.

Your teammate shouts out and says:

"Hey look there are 5 black dots moving on this GPS screen!"

You call over to him, asking him to show you.

Suddenly a loud and deafening shot rings out. Confusion, Panic and "Minus one" on the radio.

You look over at your approaching squad member, he is lying on the floor bleeding out.

"Ambush!!!" you scream down your discord, anxious to alert everybody.

As you all scramble to cover you realise that all you have as a last resort is the trapdoor!

The four of you run over to the mysterious trapdoor open and start to climb down through a hatch.

You find yourself in a tunnel, with one light at the end. You hear English speaking in front of you.

The four of you raise your guns as you hear another gunshot thud through your fallen teammate into the forest floor above you.

"Bang!" a grenade lands at your feet blinding you as you hear the cocking of an SMG. You look up and your teammates are engaging someone dressed in specops body armour. He is not falted by your weak 5.56. You shoot his legs and eventually he dies, along with another one of your squad member.

There is a door ahead, your teammate who seems surprisingly prepared pulls out a breaching charge and blow the door of its hinges.

Inside you find a massive stockpile of Terragroup weapons and equipment.

You see another GPS on a table. The five black dots are now converging around the trap door, which is marked as a big red X on the screen.

Suddenly, the trapdoor opens and more heavily armoured soldiers come running down attempting to take your life. You whip out your DVL-10 and get a sweet sweet collateral. 

There is one left, he gives in and you interrogate him.

He tells you that the black dots are more of him and his men.

You go back to the GPS, zoom out and see many more big red X's marked on the map.

You also see 20 more black dots coming from all over the place. You realise that the tables have turned and now they will be trying breach your doors and take you loot. You execute the enemy and take up defensive positions. (you loot the bodies first)

(end)

SO this could be great for an integral part of the free roam mode, I would love to see this implemented in the form of a King of The Hill type situation, or CTF / Tactical Conquest (CW).

Please say what you think!!!

SPEC OPS.jpg