Blackb1rd

Alpha admission wave starts!

133 posts in this topic

I buy standard edition year ago and wow i get access to alpha. No more wait for summer beta. YEA thanks you devs.

5 minutes ago, Ziemniaczany said:

I buy standard edition year ago and wow i get access to alpha. No more wait for summer beta. YEA thanks you devs.

Welcome to Tarkov and good luck. You will need it!  :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Coquuii said:

How do I get permission to stream?

You don't need permission anymore 

Darn, sadly didn't get access to Alpha, but if I upgraded to Prepare for Escape edition would I gain access? 

1 hour ago, abazabaloobabab said:

Darn, sadly didn't get access to Alpha, but if I upgraded to Prepare for Escape edition would I gain access? 

75% chance yes

Sorry, had to reread this entire thread, so people who buy the standard edition know they don't have a chance of getting into alpha?  But they get into alpha with a 30% chance anyways?  And I have the PFE Edition and I still haven't gotten the email.  I bought it on the 16th earlier this month which was before the announcement.

13 minutes ago, -Temple- said:

Sorry, had to reread this entire thread, so people who buy the standard edition know they don't have a chance of getting into alpha?  But they get into alpha with a 30% chance anyways?  And I have the PFE Edition and I still haven't gotten the email.  I bought it on the 16th earlier this month which was before the announcement.

Standard has no chance yes but for this one time wave they admitted 30% of standard owners in... And if you did then contact support@battlestategames.com 

13 minutes ago, necuja said:

Standard has no chance yes but for this one time wave they admitted 30% of standard owners in... And if you did then contact support@battlestategames.com 

Thanks, just emailed them and waiting for a response and hopefully this'll get sorted out.

Posted (edited)

Are standard edition people chosen at random with the 30% like a name out of a hat?

Edited by SatanHimself

So if I upgrade my package do I still have to wait for the next wave???

1 hour ago, SatanHimself said:

Are standard edition people chosen at random with the 30% like a name out of a hat?

On that wave technically yes 30% of owners before the announcement were eligible but it's over now so no one buying standard now gets a chance.. only beta

11 minutes ago, trounson said:

So if I upgrade my package do I still have to wait for the next wave???

I said this earlier the wave is over don't stress over it now  just look at the pre orders, that % chance is calculated the instant you buy it so you upgrade to pfe you'll get a 75% chance to get a key... 

Hmm, sure I guess, didn't really think standards would get alpha anyway. Summer is rather close so I'm still waiting!

On 2017/04/19 at 0:59 PM, Natalino said:

This wave is for those who already owned the package prior to the announcement. Also note that those who pre-ordered earlier have a better chance of being selected.

If you bought your package before this announcement, you are in the selection wave. If not you apply to the normal package chances that is mentioned on the link below:

You could be the selected 50% of players with your package. It does not mean you are in the alpha because you bought it in April 15th though.

I find this your post funny as One of my friends bought the "Left behind edition" months ago and has yet to receive an Alpha invite while Another friend bought his yesterday and got immediate access. please explain as I tried to contact the devs before but was told by a moderator to stop begging and that my friend must upgrade his package.

I have 2 problems with this.

1. Your Moderating staff are rude and do not deserve to have that title, I spent hard earned money on this game to get the Limited edition so please how about you show some respect. i don't beg, I ask and you reply otherwise this forum is useless.

2. What are you smoking to allow new players instant access while there are still some of the previous generation yearning for access to the Alpha. You say that they have better chances and i think your lying through your teeth.

17 hours ago, VirtuaStig said:

I find this your post funny as One of my friends bought the "Left behind edition" months ago and has yet to receive an Alpha invite while Another friend bought his yesterday and got immediate access. please explain as I tried to contact the devs before but was told by a moderator to stop begging and that my friend must upgrade his package.

How long ago someone purchased has noting to do with being selected. On purchase you have a chance to get selected. This 'lottery' runs only when you make the purchase. Some people get in with only 25% others have not when they are at 75%. having a higher chance of being selected does NOT guarantee you will be selected over a player with a smaller chance. Regardless of how many times the 'lottery' is ran (as is the case of these waves), this remains the same. 

Please remember the only package that guarantees Alpha access is the Edge of Darkness. Anything less is the equivalent of buying a lottery ticket. You either get it or you don't. You didn't pay for alpha access in those packages, only the chance to get selected. Seniority has nothing to do with the selection.

Hope this answers your question.

5 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

How long ago someone purchased has noting to do with being selected. On purchase you have a chance to get selected. This 'lottery' runs only when you make the purchase. Some people get in with only 25% others have not when they are at 75%. having a higher chance of being selected does NOT guarantee you will be selected over a player with a smaller chance. Regardless of how many times the 'lottery' is ran (as is the case of these waves), this remains the same. 

Please remember the only package that guarantees Alpha access is the Edge of Darkness. Anything less is the equivalent of buying a lottery ticket. You either get it or you don't. You didn't pay for alpha access in those packages, only the chance to get selected. Seniority has nothing to do with the selection.

Hope this answers your question.

Thank you, I still don't agree with the implementation but change the things you can accept the things you can't change.

29 minutes ago, HurricaneNsane said:

can you buy the game yet like standard and play it !!

Unfortunately the chance to be granted access with a Standard Edition is now over. Even if you buy it now, you will not get access. You will need to wait for another wave, or purchase a higher edition.

When buying the Left Behind Edition, does it let you know right away if you win the 50% chance lottery and lets you in, or does the LBE pre-orders only grant access in waves and not immediately with the 50% chance?

2 hours ago, Dedexus said:

When will be next wave of alpha/beta admissions ?

Alpha wave unknown beta looking at summer this year 

1 hour ago, randmanq said:

When buying the Left Behind Edition, does it let you know right away if you win the 50% chance lottery and lets you in, or does the LBE pre-orders only grant access in waves and not immediately with the 50% chance?

Yes upon purchase your 50% chance is calculated as stated earlier if you don't get an email invite you didn't get in 

Thank you! Is the immediate chance to get in a one-time thing for a player, or can I upgrade from the Left Behind preorder to the Prepare for Escape edition with 75% chance to try again for immediate access?

Is there anything I need to do beforehand? I read somewhere on here that I need to do something on an online account in order to be eligible at all for all preorders. I can't find where I read that now though

On 4/19/2017 at 2:17 AM, Blackb1rd said:

We are happy to announce the start of Escape from Tarkov Alpha testing admission wave for those pre-order owners who had a chance, but weren't in yet! Today, the Alpha will be opened up for owners of the following pre-orders:

• 30% of Standard Edition owners (ab initio, this package has no chance of getting Alpha access).
  • Left Behind - 50% of owners
  • And everyone who pre-ordered Prepare for Escape Edition.

The currently existing chances of getting access to Alpha stay the same for now. Admission will be gradually processed today to avoid sharp surges in server load. The provision of access will be over at 6 p.m. Moscow time. If you haven't received your invitation by that time, it means that, unfortunately, you were not included into this wave.

Best of luck with testing!

czkB4FIYEs0.jpg

Does this mean that they have stopped all Waves or are the developers still doing this??

And if I havn't gotten into one of the waves will I still have a 50% chance to get into the next or am I out?