Blackb1rd

The Emissary and Sherpa packages - soon in Escape from Tarkov!

We are glad to inform that Escape from Tarkov is soon to feature special packages for Emissaries and Sherpas! They are meant for helping out newbies and other players, who, for some reason or another, have lost their equipment.

Emissary or Sherpa shall regularly receive from Battlestate Games a certain amount of packages (more or fewer depending on the needs) to distribute on their own accord. For instance, a Sherpa who has recruited a group of novices can give them everything they need to clear the raid, and Emissaries could reward or aid those they deem worthy.

Thus, our game anchor folks are getting a powerful and effective tool for interacting with other Escape from Tarkov players - first of the many to be announced later. The Emissary and Sherpa packages are not chiseled in stone once and for all - their contents may change, becoming more advanced or befitting particular combat tasks.

You can have a look at the contents of the first generation of Sherpa and Emissary packages on the screenshots below. And, as always, we would be expecting your comments - all of our ideas should pass the census of the Escape from Tarkov community opinion before appearing in the game!

You can learn more about our programs here:

Emissary_PackENG.jpg

Sherp_PackENG.jpg

• Upvote 17

Can they give stuff away in game or to the profile of someone?

Awesome either way.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bando said:

Awesome either way.

It is all in-game.

3 minutes ago, Bando said:

Awesome either way.

Only in game. But don't think of double crossing a Sherpa! Their communications network informs all Sherpas of Betrayal

• Upvote 5

We could give these packages in some kind of giveways/contests or just for the newbie players ? :D Btw great idea ! :) 

• Upvote 1

It's good to see that they won't have any special equipment that is not achievable in-game. Great idea! 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, NuclearMessiah said:

We could give these packages in some kind of giveways/contests or just for the newbie players ? :D Btw great idea ! :) 

It will be decided by you on how you perform it. :) 

Just do not get shot on the way back home. xD 

• Upvote 1

Will Sherpa pack have NVG? I feel like new players would benefit from having them. Hard to lead people into a night battle, and they can't see the enemy. :) 

• Upvote 1

Would be nice to have a title for how the many new players I have to walk through factory, giving them fort armour when it drops and teaching them the basics.

• Upvote 1

23 минуты назад, PugMonk сказал:

czech translation

Thank you, Emissary PugMonk! Added to the news.

21 minutes ago, TrainofLemmings said:

How do we go about applying to be one of Tarkov's Sherpas?

Thanks for you time

We currently did not start recruiting Sherpas yet. We will start in the near future, though.

Thank you for your interest!

I think this is a great idea. I'm still in the noob stage of Tarkov , so i understand how useful this will be. 

Keep up the great work!

21 minutes ago, Natalino said:

We currently did not start recruiting Sherpas yet. We will start in the near future, though.

Thank you for your interest!

Thanks I will keep a " i " out for it

12 minutes ago, bobby_dazzler said:

I think this is a great idea. I'm still in the noob stage of Tarkov , so i understand how useful this will be. 

Keep up the great work!

send me ingame invite trainoflemmings I will play with ya

• Upvote 1

These seem pretty interesting! Sort of like graduating players from simple entry KOS or Solo players to getting them into teams to complete missions together for more reward! The programs don't seem to explicitly state how one will attain these packages, which worries me only slightly in that they may just be more purchasable options.  Now I'm not complaining about paying more money, this game is amazing and deserves every penny spent on it.  I'm more worried about someone buying the package and then not living up to the responsibility of being a Sherpa or Emissary.  Now if these packages stay only attainable by BSG choosing who gets them, I'd feel a little better because (I think) I know how much consideration is put into choosing the current group of emissaries, seeing as how on the Emissary forum post, only about 1/5, if that, asking to become emissaries are now one.  Either way, I look forward to seeing how these packages progress, and I hope one day to maybe become a Sherpa myself!

I've already helped to recruit a few of my friends to play this game (3 recently). I would absolutely love to have a title that designates me as a helper (Sherpa) because assisting new players with playing EFT is so much fun. It's such a complex game and I basically give them a 20-30 minute crash course all in the menu then we go in game and I walk them through the basics of looting and fighting scavs if they haven't play tested in offline mode. The experience of showing a new, hardcore game to new players is so much fun!!!

My only question @Natalino is how do we actually achieve Sherpa status? Does BSG find out about you and reward you with the title or will there be an actual referral mechanic for example that people can fill out if you helped them out?

Edited by Alpha-30k

3 minutes ago, Alpha-30k said:

My only question @Natalino is how do we actually achieve Sherpa status? Does BSG find out about you and reward you with the title or will there be an actual referral mechanic for example that people can fill out if you helped them out?

The Details will be announced when we start recruiting Sherpas. We currently did not start yet. It will probably be that we will take an application from the community who are interested in this and have the right mindset for it. We will take it from there. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Natalino said:

The Details will be announced when we start recruiting Sherpas. We currently did not start yet. It will probably be that we will take an application from the community who are interested in this and have the right mindset for it. We will take it from there. Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply Nat!!!