Blackb1rd

Creating a Plot News section

Do you support the idea?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the idea?

• Yes.
    • No (Please comment why)
    • Yes, but I have my own vision to offer in the comments
  2. 2. Which Plot button implementation is better?

• Position 1.
    • Position 2.

Hello, dear friends!

As you know, there is a section on the Forum called "The World of Russia 2028", which contains various elements of the game plot, and this section is, from our point of view, in need of constant updates, because the new plot elements will emerge quite often. Hence, we’ve decided to offer you an idea of the new way of implementing the story news research. however, its implementation requires resources that are now involved in the development of the game, so we are looking for volunteers who are able and willing to engage in carrying out this idea.

And now to the crux of the case:

We have an idea to make a Plot section in Profile on the website, which shall contain elements of the story (photo, video, texts, etc.), sorted by sections, in chronological order, with search and other tools and elements. We offer 2 options of implementation, please see the attached picture.

However: Since it is initially planned by the game design that the developers are not presenting narrative in a finished form, but providing players with ability to gather information instead, all news will be hidden by default (this point is not negotiable!) and to open them you’ll have to enter to a link or code in a special field. I.e. the news piece is released in the community, you put a link to it in a special box, click "Add" and you get it in your profile, automatically placed in the correct spot among other elements of the plot. E.g. You’ve found a document in the raid, found a code in it, entered it, it gets added. Watched video on YouTube, found a code code, entered it, etc.

There may also be rewards for collecting story information, for example, after collecting all the documentation about the Factory, you will receive a Factory map, more detailed than a regular one, and with additional useful information.

-

If you have any ideas/suggestions/additions to the  implementation described above, please feel free to share them here. Also, please vote in the poll above.

If you have the skills and experience working with websites and are ready to help with carrying out this idea, please contact @Natalino  via private messages.

This idea belongs to one of the Russian-speaking moderators @Sova13

58fe15211f5c7_.png.0553e0cdea0190242732e0911077cc5e.png

• Upvote 6

Idea looks great. Yesterday i was running around customs with TAW members and reading random graffiti that is in Russian and translating. Had some good laugh and seen some Easter eggs and pop cult references. Pretty neat. Kudos to graphic department >.<

Edited by sYs
  • Upvote 1

3 минуты назад, sYs сказал:

no attachments @Blackb1rd

Since i won't be able to edit this one - idea looks great. 

Now there will be investments)

Everyonecan offer their own variant of realization

Just now, Sova13 said:

Now there will be investments)

Everyonecan offer their own variant of realization

I have some ideas - but im lazy :D

2 минуты назад, sYs сказал:

I have some ideas - but im lazy :D

John is lazy. Don't be like John! :ph34r: Just do it!

You can at least post your ideas here?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Blackb1rd said:

John is lazy. Don't be like John! :ph34r: Just do it!

You can at least post your ideas here?

I will not deny I am definitely lazy. That's why I'm going into CSIT-Networking :)

I think having something like this is spot on for the vibe of the game. If it was incoperated to be your characters storybook or timeline in the final game it would be very cool. I very much enjoy the idea of needing to "find" specific items in raids that would then allow you to get more information about the story. Having these things be more secretive makes it all the more special to go and discover it.

Its a fantastic idea to get something like a more detailed factory map after gathering all factory Intel. As an example something useful like that should be achievable in game not from something like a code in a video. I think the code idea is best for stuff like general tarkov news and lore attached to content releases, etc. Then only those who see the video might know what happened in tarkov. :beawesome:

This is a cool way to make finding lore a seperate part of the game while incorporating it into other things then just the game world.

9 минут назад, mistadizzy сказал:

For example, I listed the possible options for obtaining information, of course, that a lot of the plot will be in the game itself. By the way, it is possible that the moments of the plot found in the game will be added themselves. For example, you found a folder with documents or visited some place, then left the location alive, and the story information about it was added automatically.

Maybe adding functionality to the newspapers is a idea?

We already have them laying in Tarkov, but there is no interaction.
It could contain parts of news or reports that players would collect during raids and it would be added to their profiles.

It is just my first thought :)

Great idea. I have some ideas although they may not have much to do with this subject.

Tip 1: Players could create their own story regarding what happened on the different maps of the game. These stories would be complementary to the main story created by the developers. The way to show it in the game would be through newspapers and notes. You could add an NPC called "historian" who orders you some quests to look for all this type of notes and periodicals that have been created by the community and have relation with the news of the web.

Tip 2: It would be interesting if the game data is synchronized with the web. The player could see all their game statistics, skills, information collected, completed quests, clan/group, karma, relationship with NPCs...etc

36 minutes ago, madstrelok said:

Great idea. I have some ideas although they may not have much to do with this subject.

Tip 1: Players could create their own story regarding what happened on the different maps of the game. These stories would be complementary to the main story created by the developers. The way to show it in the game would be through newspapers and notes. You could add an NPC called "historian" who orders you some quests to look for all this type of notes and periodicals that have been created by the community and have relation with the news of the web.

Tip 2: It would be interesting if the game data is synchronized with the web. The player could see all their game statistics, skills, information collected, completed quests, clan/group, karma, relationship with NPCs...etc

Yes I like the idea of the whole character info and current story line progress being synchronized with the web! 

Maybe a companion app? for mobile devices where you can unlock new documents through a mini-game? 

And also the app could be used to arrange your stash... trade and so on...

I like the idea. As long as it doesn't take away from the game development, as it shouldn't since it would be a non developer doing it, i am all for it. HOWEVER, i don't think you should be able to get the codes from "watching a video" or something that is not actually in game. I think they should all be acquirable in game.

• Upvote 1

1 час назад, vicwiz007 сказал:

I like the idea. As long as it doesn't take away from the game development, as it shouldn't since it would be a non developer doing it, i am all for it. HOWEVER, i don't think you should be able to get the codes from "watching a video" or something that is not actually in game. I think they should all be acquirable in game.

This topic exists just in order not to distract developers.

Definitely, some of the information on the plot will be out of the game, because a lot of information is subject to a long and painstaking study

В 26.04.2017 в 19:28, alex8xela сказал:

Maybe a companion app? for mobile devices where you can unlock new documents through a mini-game? 

The theme of developing an application already exists, there is a collection of ideas, what it should include.

7 hours ago, Sova13 said:

Definitely, some of the information on the plot will be out of the game, because a lot of information is subject to a long and painstaking study

Why though? They want people to view their youtube videos or something to get a code that people can just distribute to all your friends after not even watching and skipping to the code.

Instead, have them all available in game where we actually have to work for, buy off another player as a document, something like that, thats actually interesting.

5 часов назад, vicwiz007 сказал:

Why though? They want people to view their youtube videos or something to get a code that people can just distribute to all your friends after not even watching and skipping to the code.

Instead, have them all available in game where we actually have to work for, buy off another player as a document, something like that, thats actually interesting.

As they say in Russia, "потому что потому"

Thiswill be extremely inconvenient if both video, photo, text, and other information (for example, the same ARRS terminal) can only be opened inside the game. It will take a lot of time to find parts of the story, and most people will not be able to spend that much time in the game, but they can easily do it on the way to work / school / somewhere else, etc.

11 hours ago, Sova13 said:

As they say in Russia, "потому что потому"

Thiswill be extremely inconvenient if both video, photo, text, and other information (for example, the same ARRS terminal) can only be opened inside the game. It will take a lot of time to find parts of the story, and most people will not be able to spend that much time in the game, but they can easily do it on the way to work / school / somewhere else, etc.

You just assume that it would take forever in game? It should not, especially with the flea market and auction house, you could just buy the document off somebody who has already used a code from the same item. 

The only reasons i see for including out of game codes are to get people to go to their website/YT (i.e marketing basically), and to allow players who dont have the game to figure out the story if they want, but I dont see why theyd want to and there will definitely be some of the codes in game anyway so they couldnt obtain them all.

As they say in America...."diabeetus"

55 минут назад, vicwiz007 сказал:

You just assume that it would take forever in game? It should not, especially with the flea market and auction house, you could just buy the document off somebody who has already used a code from the same item. 

Hmm, in general Yes, and videos, and documents, Photo, texts, all you can enter into the game. and view already will be in the section on the site. I accept this note in the formation of specification for those who will take on for this deal

this is one of the coolest ideas and offers people a new way of playing the game! for the story and secrets i absoulutely adore this idea!

On 26/04/2017 at 7:06 AM, Blackb1rd said:

Hello, dear friends!

As you know, there is a section on the Forum called "The World of Russia 2028", which contains various elements of the game plot, and this section is, from our point of view, in need of constant updates, because the new plot elements will emerge quite often. Hence, we’ve decided to offer you an idea of the new way of implementing the story news research. however, its implementation requires resources that are now involved in the development of the game, so we are looking for volunteers who are able and willing to engage in carrying out this idea.

And now to the crux of the case:

We have an idea to make a Plot section in Profile on the website, which shall contain elements of the story (photo, video, texts, etc.), sorted by sections, in chronological order, with search and other tools and elements. We offer 2 options of implementation, please see the attached picture.

However: Since it is initially planned by the game design that the developers are not presenting narrative in a finished form, but providing players with ability to gather information instead, all news will be hidden by default (this point is not negotiable!) and to open them you’ll have to enter to a link or code in a special field. I.e. the news piece is released in the community, you put a link to it in a special box, click "Add" and you get it in your profile, automatically placed in the correct spot among other elements of the plot. E.g. You’ve found a document in the raid, found a code in it, entered it, it gets added. Watched video on YouTube, found a code code, entered it, etc.

There may also be rewards for collecting story information, for example, after collecting all the documentation about the Factory, you will receive a Factory map, more detailed than a regular one, and with additional useful information.

-

If you have any ideas/suggestions/additions to the  implementation described above, please feel free to share them here. Also, please vote in the poll above.

If you have the skills and experience working with websites and are ready to help with carrying out this idea, please contact @Natalino  via private messages.

This idea belongs to one of the Russian-speaking moderators @Sova13

I would vote about this matterr but the image in question is not available. :(

This website/forum either needs a "News" section or you need to start locking your announcement threads. Over the past few days, I've noticed so many spam posts inside news threads, and I don't mean your normal type of spam, I mean people asking the same questions that were answered in the initial post. When you click on the thread link in the forum index, it takes you to the last page, and most people don't bother going to the first to see what was actually announced, and they ask their "already answered/announced" questions, while the initial topic of discussion veered far off-course. So again, the solution to this would be to create a "News" section, where the initial post is always visible, or simply lock the threads to responses so someone browsing on the forum could (without straining their brain) see what the actual announcement was about.

I think it's a cool idea, but I'm not really excited about entering a bunch of codes.  Why can't this be linked to the game automatically?  There's obviously a connection between the website profile and the game, so why make codes?  I'd rather the game transmit my findings and just open them up in my profile automatically.

Edited by ApexAZ

On 4/26/2017 at 6:06 AM, Blackb1rd said:

. Watched video on YouTube, found a code code, entered it, etc.

May I suggest that we keep codes exclusively in game, I don't know if you mean code found in game by you-tubers in game or codes given to them, but either way I think it would be better for the idea if you had to discover it in game. This would help prevent code guides and the such, and would increase the lifetime of the idea as having to dig up exclusive codes from old videos could become a problem in the future. As for how to do it, just include a little tidbit about it in the terms of services (mention it on the forums since there's a certain population of people who don't read that).

As for the two options of implementation I can't comment since I was unable to see the picture. I would appreciate it if someone would fill me in.