code99

What headsets do you guys use in EFT

Recommended Posts

Since i started playing EFT i realized that my current headsets suck for fps gaming ... especially in a game where sound is so important ... i find it hard to tell where the sounds come from, above, bellow, behind etc

 

For this reason I want to buy a new pair of headsets, something good this time.

The most important thing for me is positional audio and overall sound quality (i also like to have a powerful bass). That being said tho, I do want a headset with a mic and a headset that can be used outside gaming, like music.

 

What do you guys use? Any suggestions? 

I was looking at the Logitech G633 7.1 (G933 is too expensive and i dont care about the wireless capability) and at the Razer Man'O War 7.1. Both have good reviews overall but most reviews seem to be testing the sound quality and positional audio in games like CS:GO ... i mean come on, lets be serious ... 

 

Ideas, suggestions?

Edited by code99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, right now it's not a hardware problem on your end. I'm using just a pair of samsung in-ear headphones and I can tell X and Y directions but no Z direction.

 

When they implement actual surround sound, I'll be using my Astro A50s

Also, the only reason I'm not using them now is that I wear glasses and over-ear headphones push the arms into my head and leave divots in my head if I wear them too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using a Beyerdynamic MMX 300 with an impedance of 600 ohms, with it i have a Creative Sound Blaster ZxR sound card, sound is really clear but it needs to be more accurate like it has been said previously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree on the hardware issue. I use the KINGSTON HYPERX CLOUD II. It is comfortable to wear for longer periods of time (4-5 hours no problem) and has an option for 7.1 surround, noise cancelling technology (realy great if you GF is watching her soaps on the TV or the radio is on. It only costs about 100 euro (comparing to other headsets with the same options and quality it is cheap) 

I had my headset for 1.5 years and to this date I have no complains. I use it dayly.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FatTonySpecial said:

I agree on the hardware issue. I use the KINGSTON HYPERX CLOUD II. It is comfortable to wear for longer periods of time (4-5 hours no problem) and has an option for 7.1 surround, noise cancelling technology (realy great if you GF is watching her soaps on the TV or the radio is on. It only costs about 100 euro (comparing to other headsets with the same options and quality it is cheap) 

I had my headset for 1.5 years and to this date I have no complains. I use it dayly.

same. Best headset in its class. To get the same quality and features. look to pay double the cloud 2 price. (i own 4 of them in my household), and we all love them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-Mobile/dp/B00SAYCVTQ

failling that i heard good things about logitech g range.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FatTonySpecial said:

I agree on the hardware issue. I use the KINGSTON HYPERX CLOUD II. It is comfortable to wear for longer periods of time (4-5 hours no problem) and has an option for 7.1 surround, noise cancelling technology (realy great if you GF is watching her soaps on the TV or the radio is on. It only costs about 100 euro (comparing to other headsets with the same options and quality it is cheap) 

I had my headset for 1.5 years and to this date I have no complains. I use it dayly.

 

1 hour ago, rustyneedle_uk said:

same. Best headset in its class. To get the same quality and features. look to pay double the cloud 2 price. (i own 4 of them in my household), and we all love them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-Mobile/dp/B00SAYCVTQ

failling that i heard good things about logitech g range.

Hyper X Cloud II as well. I use them and most of my friends do as well. With no issues to report and excellent quality for cost I really just don't think it can be beat for bang for buck. Be warned though, the mic is sensitive (which can be a good or bad thing depending) and will pick up a lot. Headset is comfortable to wear and comes with two different sets of padding, the 7.1 surround is really helpful in detecting sound direction and just improves overall quality, and I’ve had mine for years now without issue. I’d really suggest getting one if you’re in the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a simple pair of LG earphones and a cheap wireless gaming headset. Currently the sound of the game is not well implemented, but I have read in the Developers answers that in future probably we will see a 3D Stereo sound implementation.

So, like this example (wear headphones-earphones to understand):

 

for a good sound really no need an expensive high-end 7.1 sound system ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Until i can afford a new headset i am using my old pair of Sony Gold for PS4. Wireless and pretty good sound quality for $80 Cdn. 

I'm sure i will buy something better in the future but honestly for the price it is an amazing head set and i have owned it for ~ 2 years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-19 at 7:17 PM, o0Cosmo0o said:

I use a simple pair of LG earphones and a cheap wireless gaming headset. Currently the sound of the game is not well implemented, but I have read in the Developers answers that in future probably we will see a 3D Stereo sound implementation.

So, like this example (wear headphones-earphones to understand):

 

for a good sound really no need an expensive high-end 7.1 sound system ;) 

that the thing with the hyper x cloude 2, they are very cheap at he moment around £55. (and on some sales I have seen them at £45 (i purchased all mine at this price last black friday) compatible with every thing via usb or 3.5mm jak.

and sony pro are a great headset i just dont like the idea of them going flat when i am mid game. So I stick to wired.

just checked £51.99 at the moment in shop or click and collect.

https://pricespy.co.uk/product.php?p=2983517

Edited by rustyneedle_uk
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/05/2017 at 3:18 PM, Adamantor said:

Sennheiser Game Zero

Same, i realy appreciate the volume control on the right for quick scout <3 and the confort is just amazing !  but the price ... :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, byox said:

Same, i realy appreciate the volume control on the right for quick scout <3 and the confort is just amazing !  but the price ... :S

Yeah, that's prob the only flaw in this one, but it helps A LOT- compared with ppl having hyperxes etc., most of time i heard stuff they couldn't, sometimes very precisely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To Jack O'niell,

      I noticed that you are using the BeyerDynamics  MMX 300 Headset. To anyone out there that truly wants a fuller, richer and deeper sound experience. That is the headset I would recommend. I have owned at least 10 different headsets over the past few years and there is nothing that compares to how well the MMX 300's sound. Based on what he is saying, there are currently issues with the sound engine, but once they get that worked out, I highly recommend that headset. I use it in other games, mostly Overwatch these days and it is truly amazing the sounds that you hear and how well the are reproduced on this headset. I will say that I had one of the ear pieces go out. I used their Warranty Department and shipped them off after I got my RMA and low and behold they turned them around in ONE DAY and shipped them back and they are great as ever. They are pricey, but you get every single penny's worth with these headsets.

             

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-3 at 11:40 AM, code99 said:

Since i started playing EFT i realized that my current headsets suck for fps gaming ... especially in a game where sound is so important ... i find it hard to tell where the sounds come from, above, bellow, behind etc

 

For this reason I want to buy a new pair of headsets, something good this time.

The most important thing for me is positional audio and overall sound quality (i also like to have a powerful bass). That being said tho, I do want a headset with a mic and a headset that can be used outside gaming, like music.

 

What do you guys use? Any suggestions? 

I was looking at the Logitech G633 7.1 (G933 is too expensive and i dont care about the wireless capability) and at the Razer Man'O War 7.1. Both have good reviews overall but most reviews seem to be testing the sound quality and positional audio in games like CS:GO ... i mean come on, lets be serious ... 

 

Ideas, suggestions?

Donnnnnt get the Man O war if you are going Razer bro , it only has the 20hz-20,000hz 50mms 

Ive steered away from Logitech now (used to be die hard) now im Razer headsets and mats and Roccat mice and boards allll the way.

I had the V1 7.1 Krakens , they were OK ......OK in sound quality........but the mic and positional audio are INCREDIBLE.

Now I have the V2 with 50mm 12hz-28,000hz drivers(way better than the Man o Wars , and for $99 , holllllllyyy mother of something.

Im sure many of these suggestions are probably higher quality and better all round , but what most peoples don't know is........Razers surround sound engine was bought from the military , and it was originally a 3d sound engine for fighter pilots to give an 3d audio tone of an incoming missile :P , and theyve had it for like........12 years and been using it for gaming ever since...........its insanely accurate for virtual audio never heard anything like it. I can't fault the quality of the V2s at all , full aluminium frame , super comfy , excellent sound  , great mic.

Im no audiophile and use my headsets for gaming literally 99%.........its brilliant for music though the best headset ive ever had for it infact , same with voice reproduction and ACTUAL bass , not the slightly distorted mess the V1 was

Edited by CptBluemax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2017 at 0:54 PM, Jack_Oneill said:

My Opinion : this is not a headset problem. The game have a bad sound engine.

My sound eqip is this https://www.asus.com/de/Sound-Cards/Essence_STX_II_71/

And this http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/mmx-300-manufaktur.html 

And I have the same problems.... sorry for Germany link

Nice set man ;) you have an incredibly fat wallet ..that nice,see what i use!!! And I do not complain @_@ my old earphones from my old phone ( LG 2 Mini ).

LG.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the Trust 7.1 bass vibration headset from Trust. 

I really love this one. It vibrates around your ears when you shoot / explosions and stuff. It really ads a dimension to the game.  

 

maxresdefault.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chronos Riing 7.1 they are awesome customizable for your preferences and not to bad on the wallet. can hear up down and direction really well sometimes too good, can hear right over the other side of the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.