86ndc

Tarkov isn't shaping up the way I thought it would

When I bought ETF I had several expectations that the game would meet. It has not. It's been months now and progress has been slow and honestly pointless. All the work that's been put in is just for show. Nothing of tangible value has been added to expand the experience. Yeah sure it's nice getting a new weapon or two, and Scav mode while fun has gotten stale. I'm sick and tired of playing raids over and over again. It all boils down to the same thing, go here, do this, kill that guy, extract, rinse and repeat. It's not fun it's monotonous. It feels like the game will remain a glorified deathmatch for it's entire life. Tarkov eerily reminds me of dayz standalone; alot of hype in the beginning for it's potential but it never goes anywhere and just stagnates while other games out innovate it. Just look at player unknowns battlegrounds. It's completely killed dayz and h1z1. I hope tarkov does not become another early access but never finished failure. With the way things are going it might and I do not want that.

• Upvote 2

More to come patience.. I will agree they need to randomize the loot locations, spawn locations, etc to keep players guessing and exploring instead of hatchet runners filling their gamma pouches.

• Upvote 1

EFT is in Alpha testing. I don't know about you, but for me, it was very, very explicitly advertised as being incomplete. Maybe you don't understand the various stages of software development?

Games don't make themselves. It takes time and effort to make something of any value, and then sometimes even after you've put in thousands of hours of cumulative work into a project you get hounded by people that complain, saying something like:

54 minutes ago, 86ndc said:

progress has been slow and honestly pointless

Tarkov eerily reminds me of dayz standalone

That's like comparing "Elite: Dangerous" to "No Man's Sky". Shameful.

Edited by westsidesneo
grammatical fix
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, 86ndc said:

@westsidesneo

You sound so much like the dayz apologists. It's been what 4 years and they're still in alpha? 

I just compared DayZ SA to No Man's Sky, unarguably one of the most over-hyped and under developed games ever made.

I sharted all over DayZ in my previous comment, and somehow I sound like a DayZ apologist?4fcaf079f954661a2ca8737fc57d3add.gif.3e0f34e28e96abfd08ca017f2749fedf.gif wat.gif

Unless you're saying that I'm an EFT apologist... in which case, there's nothing to apologize for. They've been doing what they're supposed to be doing in an Alpha, and that's adding in new content and fixing major issues.

DayZ SA never made it that far. Oh, they did some map changes, sure. But they were poorly optimized and badly implemented. Yes, they've added some weapons and other melee crap besides the M4 and FNX when they started, but their animations are garbage and there's numerous issues with most of them. Don't get me started of the garbage melee system that never really got any better since release... and that's how not to do an alpha.

Compare that to EFT. New content/major bugfixing since Alpha release of EFT:
Woods, the whole map
Customs map expansion
Scav mode
SKS
Dobraev (or whatever that thing is called)
Groups (that was bugged on initial release)
Desync (was much, much worse at release)
Matchmaking (again, wait times of 30+ minutes for many people at release)
etc.

So, you were saying something about EFT progress being "slow and pointless"?

• Upvote 1

You negative people should be banned it's annoying now you all create drama? Don't like don't play it ffs? Stop creating topics on how much of an idiot you lot are here's a tip for you next time don't buy something just because you seen an awesome CGI trailer. 

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, MajorKirilenko said:

You negative people should be banned it's annoying now you all create drama? Don't like don't play it ffs? Stop creating topics on how much of an idiot you lot are here's a tip for you next time don't buy something just because you seen an awesome CGI trailer. 

I'm with You on that 100% !!! Don't like it? Don't play it. Simple as that. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, EscapeFromLag said:

Maybe you don't understand them?

beta_testing.jpg

Do you see where Alpha testing in the software testing cycle is? It is a common misconception that Alpha testing is some sort of early software. Alpha testing usually takes place when the product is nearly done to see how the entire product is accepted by a small group of potential customers. What we have in EfT has NOTHING to do with Alpha testing. It is a released (since anybody can buy access to it) but incomplete game full of issues. Anybody who has studied anything computer science related will confirm you that. Nowadays developers call their shitty games Alpha/Beta so the players come up with excuses why their games suck so they avoid bad media. That is the entire point of it.

As for the topic, I fully agree. EfT feels like one of those forever in development games leading nowhere. They have shown 2 maps in the trailer and 3 maps is what there is 1,5 years later. In that time they achieved almost nothing considering the $150 pricetag. With just 1 map per year this game will be done by 2025. For those funds they can easily afford more map designers, but they won't care if 1 map per year is what the people here are satisfied with. If you guys are happy with this, this is exactly what you will get. Always remember that. I personally issued a refund via pp. Not staying in this mess of a "game".

For someone that wants to come across as some kind of expert in the game developing matter, maybe you should have informed yourself on the refund policy before.

"Refunds are not possible. You agreed with the ToS, Refund only will be possible if the game isn't released."

Patience is a virtude ;)

Tarkov will be good in time, let the devs do theyr thing and you thank them later!

20 hours ago, DonMSW said:

I'm with You on that 100% !!! Don't like it? Don't play it. Simple as that. 

I spent money for it. I'm not entitled to provide feedback and my thoughts on this product as it is?

• Upvote 2

What we have now in the current Alpha is a small piece of a much larger piece, its like having a 30 round STANG mag but no ammo or receiver. The raids that we have now is just a side mode, not even the main game mode. The main game mode is completely open world with quests and a big story that ends with escaping from Tarkov. There is even going to be an arena mode consisting of 1v1 2v2 and 3v3 (I think) PVP. The game is not done yet and we can never tell the future but it is a great game so far and promised to be even better.

3 hours ago, 86ndc said:

I spent money for it. I'm not entitled to provide feedback and my thoughts on this product as it is?

Everyone of us spent money...but You are forgeting one thing. This is still just an ALPHA. Small peek of what is to come. I rather see less frequent but larger updates, that make a diffrence. In my opinion, this is the most stable ALPHA that I have ever got chance to play. Not to manchon that this game is just great. Am I the only one to think, that this will be THE GAME...if you know what I mean? ;) 

3 hours ago, DiamondNinja4 said:

What we have now in the current Alpha is a small piece of a much larger piece, its like having a 30 round STANG mag but no ammo or receiver. The raids that we have now is just a side mode, not even the main game mode. The main game mode is completely open world with quests and a big story that ends with escaping from Tarkov. There is even going to be an arena mode consisting of 1v1 2v2 and 3v3 (I think) PVP. The game is not done yet and we can never tell the future but it is a great game so far and promised to be even better.

Actually the main gamemode of EFT are the raids, not the "open world" section, thats the side gamemode.

At this point i have no expectations, so when something new comes out im super excited and happy, i dont think negative, since i know EFT is going to be "da game" ive been waiting for all these years...

Edited by ivantherussian

On 5/16/2017 at 3:35 AM, 86ndc said:

When I bought ETF I had several expectations that the game would meet. It has not. It's been months now and progress has been slow and honestly pointless. All the work that's been put in is just for show. Nothing of tangible value has been added to expand the experience. Yeah sure it's nice getting a new weapon or two, and Scav mode while fun has gotten stale. I'm sick and tired of playing raids over and over again. It all boils down to the same thing, go here, do this, kill that guy, extract, rinse and repeat. It's not fun it's monotonous. It feels like the game will remain a glorified deathmatch for it's entire life. Tarkov eerily reminds me of dayz standalone; alot of hype in the beginning for it's potential but it never goes anywhere and just stagnates while other games out innovate it. Just look at player unknowns battlegrounds. It's completely killed dayz and h1z1. I hope tarkov does not become another early access but never finished failure. With the way things are going it might and I do not want that.

PUBG is a big big glitch ... lags / unresponsiveness / stupid mechanics and other thingies .

What's made in arma should stay in arma... :D

vor 16 Stunden schrieb 86ndc:

Of course you are entitled to give thoughts but the risk is high to get killed virtually here as it seems. :-)

There always whiteknights. Since I am used to this since I backed Star Citizen in 2013 I don `t have a problem with it. I point out though that this alpha is awesome compared to other games. Of course it can be boring doing the same but honestly every raid can be different. (apart of the desync which I have once every 10 matches) 

35 minutes ago, EscapeFromLag said:

Also, luckily PayPal knows that implying the product is almost done and then neither having close to what was promised nor properly working on it after charging more than AAA games for it is a fraud and refunds the purchase anyway up to 180 days after purchasing.

I said this here so many times, but the people here somehow believe it counts as delay when you say you will finish the entire game in 6 months but after that time dont get jackshit done. Even 1000 devs wouldnt be able to finish this game in 6 months. The last year of a games development is just polishing and bug fixing. Saying the game will be done in half a year pretty much means the game is done. It was such an obvious lie by bsg to sell this poo game, yet this community is too blind to see it. They never intended to release this crap in 2016. They also dont intend to release it in 2017 as they say now (and people fall for it again). This game is an utter scam and fanboys dont want to see it. Its the typical russian dev studio which grabs the money and doesnt do anything with it. It will not be out soon if this community is ok with it not making any progress and masturbate over every small patch that is long overdue.

I disagree with one thing though. Maybe this game will actually be good at some point. But by the time it is nobody will be playing it anymore. By the time it is out there will be more and better alternatives. The requirements for a good game rise as time passes and with such a slow development this game will stay crap even with additional features.

47 minutes ago, EscapeFromLag said:

Also, luckily PayPal knows that implying the product is almost done and then neither having close to what was promised nor properly working on it after charging more than AAA games for it is a fraud and refunds the purchase anyway up to 180 days after purchasing.

1- Where and who implied the product was almost done?

2- what was promised for the alpha that isn´t there?

51 minutes ago, EscapeFromLag said:

It's just that it doesn't change the fact that the game is in a terrible state right now and the development is super slow considering we paid $150.

So if the majority of ppl payed arround $150 the game development should prioritize the speed of development instead of the quality of said development?

54 minutes ago, EscapeFromLag said:

Technically the game is released to the public since anybody who wants can buy himself access to it and the public deserves to know if it is worth the money or not. And now it certainly isn't. The game is barely worth $20.

No. The game isn´t released for the public just because you can buy it, whats being sold with all the packages are chances to get in the game at this stage ( alpha ) and be able to test it and possibly contribute with ideas that can be implemented if they are considered to be good. 

What the public deserves to know is that they shouldn´t be buying into the alpha for whatever package they are considering to buy, unless they are aware that they are not buying a finished product... wich apparently was your case

let's be honest guys, sure Battlestate must be working hard, but if they don't pick up the pace in terms of patch release, i don't see how we'll be able to see a beta before 2019, the game right now isn't even enjoyable as a test for a good part of the comunity.

I check the forums everyday to stay up to date on EFT, because i love what the game is supposed to be, but i haven't launched the Alpha since last patch, simply because the gameplay is way too random, with the worst Hit registration i've ever seen, and huge bugs everywhere. Adding that to the boring grind that was implemented on last patch (i know it's supposed to be that way on release, but for an Alpha with nothing but simple raids, it just makes the game boring as hell) , it just isn't worth my time, i'm not enjoying anything right now.

So yes, the game isn't finished, yes fanboys are gonna roast me for pointing out what i think is wrong with the game, but as an Alpha tester, it's my job, so deal with it guys.

Edited by StyxMan
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, mr0pi said:

What the public deserves to know is that they shouldn´t be buying into the alpha for whatever package they are considering to buy, unless they are aware that they are not buying a finished product... wich apparently was your case

I agree with your statement, People should always do lots of reading and research before purchasing a Alpha / Beta stage game. You have to have a really strong interested in a game and have the patience to enjoy the Alpha / Beta with all bugs until the game is released.  

The devs are not trying to make a fast cash grab and run, they are putting the time into developing a high end game and need the funds to support them until the product is finished. People don't live off nothing. You still need an income when you are developing your game.

so instead of doing a Go fund me and everyone pre-paying and waiting a year to even play the game, they let people who are supporting them have the chance to try the unfinished product as a thank you for supporting them. 

31 minutes ago, Jezeppe said:

The requirements for a good game rise as time passes and with such a slow development this game will stay crap even with additional features.

This is one out of many examples of how much you contribute to "questioning" the devs as you like to say that it is what you are doing, unlike all of us "fanboys" but in all of your posts wich aren´t many there isn´t a single one that actually contributes with anything, other then raging and hating either the game or BSG. But for those who don´t know the amazing contribute you give to the games development just by questioning the devs instead of accepting anything they say like us fanboys, i will post parts of your statements about how everything they done with the game is wrong cause you say so, and some where you predict the games failure.

Parts of Jezeppe posts

About NDA being lifted :

- "Great idea. Make it available to the public media just when the game is at its lowest with all the server desync issues and cheaters." ( probably the only one i´ve seen complaining about the nda being lifted... but i didnt search for more )

About Scav mode before its release:

- "They implemented a broken feature and then realized that its actually a terrible addition, so they put a cooldown on it. Amazing!

The entire game was supposed to be based on the risk of losing your stuff upon death.

The problem of bad players running out of stuff could have been easily solved by just making spawning naked actually viable by putting some loaded guns on the map, for example as @Miiller and @Bulveye13 described. It wouldn't have any of the disadvantages the scav mode brings to the game."

- "You suck at the game and always lose your gear? Well then you have to spawn in naked and search for a weapon to use first in a BR way. Where is the problem with that? In scav mode people will just join in and play like Rambo because they dont have anything to lose... "

- "That has to be one of the worst ideas I have seen in quite a while. Ruins immersion, ruins realism, ruins hardcore concept and rewards players for not taking any risk." 

- "The only people who are defending this are the ones who literally never question any choice of the devs and cant think of any alternatives for problems. "Oh a feature which solves a little problem, it must be awesome, even if it brings 10 more issues to the game. HYPE"."  

- "Every single post you made on this forum is something where you argue about the game being bad. And half of it is based on false information.

Thats because I am not here to circlejerk but to point out issues so the game maybe becomes somewhat good at some point. People like you however who are trying to find excuses for every problem and cannot form a single proper argument are the reason why broken early access games get tolerated. Now thats what I would call trolling."

These are just a few examples where you predicted Scav mode was going to ruin the game, because it wasn´t solved with the Battle Royalle solution you wanted, and for that you said that it was wrong and its not because the devs implemented it that it would make it right , the only right thing was the battle royale solution you wanted. 

Also, this feature solved an issue, where are the other 10 issues the scav mode created?

Constructive Criticism Thread :

-"It is at a state where testing makes pretty much no sense. All we can do is play this awful game, which is only fun at times if you either play with friends (which can make literally any game fun) or think you will have an advantage over noobs later on by having all the knowledge about maps, weapons and skills. The gameplay itself is straight out trash. Now with AI and this useless scav mode I wouldn't even consider it hardcore anymore.

The devs lied about the state of the game to make a quick buck and now don't even bother working on it properly or hiring additional developers from all the sales to actually finish the game anytime soon. Its DayZ and NMS all over again."

^^ This is what i call a Constructive Criticism, or as you call it : "I am not here to circlejerk but to point out issues so the game maybe becomes somewhat good at some point." Pffff ... Yeah right

Well at least Takov is desinged to be a survival shooter (  as DayZ is one ) so waht do you expected

All I see are excuses. Too many companies use alpha as an excuse for shoddy products. Dont get me wrong I want tarkov to succeed I just dont want it to take 10 years. 

• Upvote 1

Well it's your fault you paid 150$ for this game! I bought this game cause I want to support its funding and play all the new updates

I dont really care if making an update takes like 1 - 5 months as I want a quality update and not some rubbish update. with like 1 - 2 bug fixs and thats it. Im sure it wouldnt even be called an Update. 

But what I am saying is, I bought this game to support it and thy I will do.

• Upvote 1