Natalino

[Feedback] European Developer Hunt In-Game Event

21 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

We would like to gather your opinions on the first European developer hunt event that was held on May 18th. We have already received many feedbacks on getting it set up faster, it being night time, etc. But we want to use this thread to get as many feedback and ideas as possible so that our future events can be a much better experience. And remember we plan to have one for US time next week. So this is essential to gather.

When giving your opinions, please be honest but respect the forum rules at all time and stay on topic. We hope you had a great time yesterday whether you partake or was watching the streams. Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Hey Natalino. It was fun but hard, since as a Scav spawning with a makarov and without nightvisions or flashlights there is not much of a chance. (Night match)

A bit chaotic when 16 scavs try to talk in discord too. :-)

Edited by italianmarine

checking stream online, and was a bit disappointing by my side, first at all playing at night for scavs is a pain in the ###!!! was kind unbalanced as devs were fully kitted and on the other side scav have makarov, shotty and few with aks with no or few meds... 

It was kind disorganized and i think devs were not well prepared for this show... 

Next time make things more equal, let players play with their group of friends with their equipment, than would be a nice battle to watch. this event turn out to be boring and not to great to watch.

sorry for this bad review, but this is my opinion... Hopefully with time you get better. 

Posted (edited)

In my opinion you need to more work on organisation Event because when I was in first wave I couden't undertstand what was happend. Maybe one day before the Event You must:

1. Close the application.
2. Public a list of participants.
3. Make instructions what they must do to join to event.
4. Divide people into waves.

PS. Do not leave everything for the last moment before the Event.

Edited by Damiano

It would be nice to have more possibilities about the time of these events, I could not take part in the event because I was busy for job reasons in that time-window, but I think these events will be developed in different times and different days in the future.

Though there were delays and it was night time, I still enjoyed myself and managed to get some decent loot for myself and the few remaining scavs.

Preparation should probably start a few days earlier, and as already mentioned it would have been good to see the streamers all together in one of the waves ;)

a big thank you to all involved, there was a lot of hard work and patience from everyone who participated!

1 hour ago, italianmarine said:

(Night match)

Noted. The game settings are globally the same so if it is night time, it is night time BUT we will see what we can do for the next one.

1 hour ago, Joram_The_Rebel said:

Next time make things more equal, let players play with their group of friends with their equipment, than would be a nice battle to watch. this event turn out to be boring and not to great to watch.

The idea is that Devs are PMCs and players are SCAV who need to hunt down the DEV team. And as you know SCAV gear is random but their advantage is their numbers and how well they communicate. It is 16 players against 5-7 players but geared players.

1 hour ago, Joram_The_Rebel said:

It was kind disorganized and i think devs were not well prepared for this show... 

Noted. We will get the Dev team to prepare beforehand. Maybe even prepare what they would do. But also remember that it was a play time after work, at work, as well. :) 

1 hour ago, Damiano said:

In my opinion you need to more work on organisation Event because when I was in first wave I couden't undertstand what was happend. Maybe one day before the Event You must:

I agree. The issue was that players did not come early and they were not joining the channels to play as soon as it was time and many were not following the channel of the announcement which had instructions of what to do 2 hours before the event started. We also had many players who would need to do certain things and was having a hard time to understand the steps. 

Maybe we will try to publish these steps with more clear instructions for the later one and ask all members to come 1 hour early so that everyone is ready when the event starts and then we all just start joining games. I think this is better. What do you think?

We still cannot give the full info since players could share the steps which get others to do that and they are not in the event. This would ruin few things. This is why most things had to be a placeholder and version key code was given when it is time to join.

25 minutes ago, o0Cosmo0o said:

It would be nice to have more possibilities about the time of these events

We tried to make it a time best for most EU players. Any suggestions for a better time which could work for most players in EU? If this is due to work schedule specifically for you, maybe it is best for you to attend the NA one.

Thank you to all that gave feedback so far. I will follow up and discuss with you all on what you say and tell you why we did a certain thing to find a counter idea for it.

Keep them coming.

11 minutes ago, Ripper203 said:

a big thank you to all involved, there was a lot of hard work and patience from everyone who participated!

Right on! A big thank you to everyone. Especially last wave players and those who were helping each other to get it rolling.

And Ripper, remember that we are looking forward to some good game videos from you guys (If possible).   :) 

5 minutes ago, Natalino said:

The idea is that Devs are PMCs and players are SCAV who need to hunt down the DEV team. And as you know SCAV gear is random but their advantage is their numbers and how well they communicate. It is 16 players against 5-7 players but geared players.

The whole idea is good, don't get me wrong, but at night where some players could barely see two feet away. I was watching a streamer that was close to his monitor to see where he was going... how they supposed to engage the dev team that way? just few of the scav player got the chance to loot something and for the majority of them was just cuing for hours for 10 mins raid at night with less or no chance to survive. 

15 minutes ago, Natalino said:

Maybe we will try to publish these steps with more clear instructions for the later one and ask all members to come 1 hour early so that everyone is ready when the event starts and then we all just start joining games. I think this is better. What do you think?

It seems to me that this would solve a part of the problem with the organization.

8 minutes ago, Joram_The_Rebel said:

The whole idea is good, don't get me wrong, but at night where some players could barely see two feet away. I was watching a streamer that was close to his monitor to see where he was going... how they supposed to engage the dev team that way? just few of the scav player got the chance to loot something and for the majority of them was just cuing for hours for 10 mins raid at night with less or no chance to survive. 

Oh no, I do not mean about the night time. As for that, I said this:

20 minutes ago, Natalino said:

Noted. The game settings are globally the same so if it is night time, it is night time BUT we will see what we can do for the next one.

The response I gave specifically for you is to what you said:

20 minutes ago, Natalino said:

Next time make things more equal, let players play with their group of friends with their equipment

That was the response I gave for. We will do what we can with the night time issue.

8 minutes ago, Natalino said:

We tried to make it a time best for most EU players. Any suggestions for a better time which could work for most players in EU? If this is due to work schedule specifically for you, maybe it is best for you to attend the NA one.

Thank you for the fast reply. Sincerely I don't know if in other EU countries is the same, but probably players engaged in a job can find more easy to join events in week-end days (Friday-Saturday-Sunday) because most part of worker these days work only half day or they are at rest. The time-window (7.00 p.m. - 9.00 p.m. CEST) is fine, it would be nice also to see other time options like 9.00pm-11.00pm and similar. Would be nice to have the feedback about this from other EU users.

I like the initiative of these events, I really hope to can join the next

Thank you for the event. I have to thing I did not like

1. Nighttime. Going in in pitch black without NVG and only Makarov against NVGs with M4s is pointless. Thats no fun

2. Voice Chaos. Having 16 Players in one voice channel is chaos. You should have created subchannels.

Wave 1 - A

Wave 1- B

etc..

5 hours ago, Natalino said:

We would like to gather your opinions on the first European developer hunt event that was held on May 18th.

It was bad. Like really bad!
I got home at 20:15 after work. I rush with everything I had.
Found out the homepage was down. The streamer had problem and they manage to get hack or someting.
And I didnt even got to play..
I was really hyped but got really disappointed and went to bed. :/

Posted (edited)

As for someone who just watch and didnt play the wait was really bad.

There was times i left went to the store and came back and still nothing happen.

This is a perfect reason why woods and customs should be in different times. If customs was at night the event could have been played on woods because it would have been day. And than the scav players would have been able to see and even with pistols would have stand a chance vs the devs in numbers..

Another Pro for haveing right now woods and customs being opposite, we dont take away the night play but when it is night not everyone is playing factory..

Edited by BigJ

I watched some streams

Great idea but poorly organised.  Which is acceptable on your first attempt.

1) night time = disaster, even if a scav got a kill, good luck finding the body to loot it.  It also meant that if you were a scav who wanted to stream then bye bye audience.  Nobody is going to sit there and watch a black screen.

2)  the PMC streamers I watched were ego maniacs who wanted to kill scavs rather than give some gear away.

3)  Also some streamers had really crappy gear to give away.  Trizip with a PACA and some cheap gear.  I heard one of them say he was putting 2000 rubles in his pack for some lucky scav.  Obviously he had a press account and no idea of the value of rubles in the game.  I have given away more gear than most of these guys in regular games.

In future:

1)  Post a list of rules of behaviour online before the event.

2)  Ensure everybody has heaps of quality gear.

3)  Ensure its day time, yes even if you have to reset the servers

4)  Balance it up.  Tell the devs and youtubers that they may only use pistols or something like that

Having participated in the event I find that it was real fun! 

We had problem with mouse sensitivity and server lag, that's my only complaints. Also I have a friend who couldn't join the server and he's very disappointed.

Maybe people could get a bonus for participating even if they don't get anything ingame? It could easily end the critics ^^

17 hours ago, Underhook said:

1) night time = disaster, even if a scav got a kill, good luck finding the body to loot it.  It also meant that if you were a scav who wanted to stream then bye bye audience.  Nobody is going to sit there and watch a black screen.

We will find a way for this on the next one.

2)  the PMC streamers I watched were ego maniacs who wanted to kill scavs rather than give some gear away.

The idea is not a giveaway. It is an event that the PMC (Which is the DEV team) gets hunted by the SCAV team and they need to escape so not sure if this plays in.

3)  Also some streamers had really crappy gear to give away.

I think you mean by the DEV team? If so then, it is because he run out of gear mid-event and had nothing else (He got more gear after). Everyone that played in the dev team knows about the game very well and not because they thought 2000 rubles is a lot. But we also know that next event we need to have the dev team prepared with the gear they will be holding on them and give to the player that kills them.

But again, the idea is not a giveaway or like something you mentioned/done before. Consider it as a competition in some way.

1)  Post a list of rules of behaviour online before the event.

This was already done in the discord channels as well as voice comms when it all started at first.

2)  Ensure everybody has heaps of quality gear.

Noted. Will do.

3)  Ensure its day time, yes even if you have to reset the servers

We will see what we can do for this one. It is under discussion and sounds like it was the main issue at the time.

4)  Balance it up.  Tell the devs and youtubers that they may only use pistols or something like that

I think I need to clear up something here, the DEV team (7 players) are PMCs who are highly geared and full of loot. They also have 2 emissaries with them who were streaming. Then you have the SCAV team which is 16 players who spawn with random gear and hunt the dev team by using their numbers and surprise on choke points/ambush areas. We do not plan to restrict gear on this since that is not the idea of this specific event but still thanks for the feedback and suggestion on this.

8 hours ago, OneEyed_Cat said:

Maybe people could get a bonus for participating even if they don't get anything ingame? It could easily end the critics ^

Sorry, no. We do not plan to have something like that. The bonus is just coming together and having fun. If your friend has a technical issue, that is unfortunate and if he was not in the last wave, we could have put him into the next wave so that he could get a chance but I think I remember you guys being in the last wave so that was not possible.

On 20/05/2017 at 0:22 PM, OneEyed_Cat said:

Maybe people could get a bonus for participating even if they don't get anything ingame? 

20 hours ago, Natalino said:

Sorry, no. We do not plan to have something like that. The bonus is just coming together and having fun.

Agreed !  It's quite a masochist form of fun but I loved it, it's the very spirit of the game ^^