Blackb1rd

The interview with the head of BSG Nikita Buyanov

This is a very detailed explanation. also by alpha players will be encouraged means that they will be here for us to help us go trough tough  times and stuff like that..

5 hours ago, Blackb1rd said:

• Belt-fed machineguns are also extremely tedious to implement, and hardly anyone will use it, considering the lack of ammo in the context of the game. We’d rather do more different revolvers and other weapons than to spend all these efforts at the single machinegun.

This is honestly a bit disappointing. A belt fed machine gun seems like a nice piece of high end equipment, even if ammo is scarce it doesn't seem too difficult to get a hold of a couple hundred rounds if you're going to be going in with a dedicated team of long time players. 

Everything else is awesome! I really appreciate the hardline stance against cheaters coming from many games plagued by them in the past. 

• Upvote 2

Can you explain what you mean by "Camouflage Cloak" is it just a literal cloak coloured in camo style right?

I only ask because I remember hearing that the Ghillie suit is confirmed not to be in game> or is this going to change?

Either way, this was a great read, thank you for taking the time to type it all out!

5 minutes ago, metaltactical said:

This is honestly a bit disappointing. A belt fed machine gun seems like a nice piece of high end equipment, even if ammo is scarce it doesn't seem too difficult to get a hold of a couple hundred rounds if you're going to be going in with a dedicated team of long time players. 

Everything else is awesome! I really appreciate the hardline stance against cheaters coming from many games plagued by them in the past. 

Yes I agree, I too would like to be able to fire a stationary machine gun.

I am also curious ( I think I understood this right ) about the APC and its cannon, and would this mean that it might turn out to be possible to drive an APC if we can already get inside and shoot the cannon?

And I would definitely love to see driveable vehicles, maybe a 4x4 or a dirt bike.

Edited by alex8xela
Sorry for double post I thought it might merge them together
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Reconic said:

None knows yet.

Thank you so much guys for your hard work. 

they said and announced it (closed beta summer). Not respecting it will bring the game to a state where a lot of people won't play it anymore due to bored peoples waiting.

Edited by TeasR

Rough read because of the translation but there is enough to go on to keep players excited.  I'm sort of worried about the direction of this game though, is actual release going to include all 10 maps?  We are nearing closed beta and the 4th map has JUST been shown off and there aren't any guarantees when CBT releases that Shoreline will even be in a complete state.  From my experience Beta testing implies the game is complete and in the final stages of bug fixing/tweaking.  With CBT supposedly starting this summer how often are maps going to be released so that Streets of Tarkov, Suburbs, Interchange, Town, Lighthouse, and Terminal are released during open beta testing?  It will be interesting to see how this all plays out, that being said, I'm very excited for the future of this game.

• Upvote 1

i hope that new engine will let to run game with 8 Gb Ram on at least medium quality :)

BTW- what is Russia 2028?

Edited by Smok_91

just to point on 1 main thing , when we play the game at this stage and as s mal group of less than total of 6-8 players in a small map like factory. each time someone escapes or an SCAV player join the game , we will have a lag big lag for less than 1 sec.

I hope when the game will be out [as beta ]in this summer and more players will be active we will not have a problem regarding the swap in out players 

1 hour ago, metaltactical said:

+1

We just need the M-60 to have the best Rambo simulator ever. RPK might do the job fine though.

7 hours ago, Blackb1rd said:

Belt-fed machineguns are also extremely tedious to implement, and hardly anyone will use it, considering the lack of ammo in the context of the game. We’d rather do more different revolvers and other weapons than to spend all these efforts at the single machinegun.

wow....................we had LMGs and HMGS separated and my heart jumped for joy.

Now this.................literally my favourite weapons...........might as well not have any snipers either

lack of ammo in the context of the game what?Prapors got bloody PKP/PKM belts on show!!!!!

Edited by CptBluemax
  • Upvote 3

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Blackb1rd:

DX11 is the next stage. Builds with Vulkan API crash too often. Interface scaling will be in this patch.

So, is Vulkan scrapp entirely or just much of a priority right now? I'm just curious. 30-40 better perfomance still sounds great.

1 hour ago, Smok_91 said:

i hope that new engine will let to run game with 8 Gb Ram on at least medium quality :)

BTW- what is Russia 2028?

RU2028 is the overall Universe for CW/Hired Ops and EFT.

2028 should be the next game (just think how good that will be lol) , and leads on from the events of Escape from Tarkov............and it really REALLY looks like things have gone down the poo poo chute , so EFT should be most interesting story wise.

TG Labs have done something serious.

Edited by CptBluemax
  • Upvote 1

No machine guns is pretty disappointing. I can understand why we won't have mounted 50 caliber heavy machine guns, but we should have LMGs like the M249, MG4 and RPK. There's hardly any shooter/simulator without this subclass of firearms. Submachine guns, assault rifles, snipers and machine guns are staples in the FPS category. Machine gun suppressive fire on sniper positions while my team flanks is a common tactic that we should be able to employ. Maybe they just expect us to counter-snipe or RPG the sniper nests.

giphy.gif

Edited by Genghis_Black
  • Upvote 5

really actually confused here , talking about booby trapping bodies , wire traps , RPGS and even the RPO-A-SHMEL (which is actually the launcher in the BEAR operators backpack on the main page)..................but no belt fed machine guns?When HMGS were there from the beginning?

I can understand not loads of them come on , but at least a handful of iconic ones , PKP/PKM , M60/M240b , SAW and maybe a few others?Doesn't need to be loads of them

Really hope we still get a good amount of LMGs with drum mags (heck ill take the RPK with a 40 lol)

most confused :/

1 minute ago, Genghis_Black said:

No machine guns is pretty disappointing. I can understand why we won't have mounted 50 caliber heavy machine guns, but we should have LMGs like the M249, MG4 and RPK. There's hardly any shooter/simulator without this sub-class of firearms. Submachine guns, assault rifles, snipers and machine guns are staples in the FPS category. Machine gun suppressive fire on sniper positions while my team flanks is a common tactic that we should be able to employ. Maybe they just expect us to counter-snipe or RPG the sniper nests.

looks like they mentioned belt fed specifically so HMGs,id imagine we will still get the magazine fed LMGs or LSWs..............man I hope we will...........I mean we HAVE to get the RPKs theres definitely going to be those.

8 minutes ago, CptBluemax said:

looks like they mentioned belt fed specifically so HMGs,id imagine we will still get the magazine fed LMGs or LSWs..............man I hope we will...........I mean we HAVE to get the RPKs theres definitely going to be those.

Many LMGs are technically belt-fed, no? Google would suggest that is the case. I hope you're right, though.

Having RPKs without M249s is like having AKs without M4s...

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Genghis_Black said:

Many LMGs are technically belt-fed, no? Google would suggest that is the case. I hope you're right, though.

Having RPKs without M249s is like having AKs without M4s...

This is true indeed but from the weapon pictures (this is just speculation but still its logical) it seems LMGs were anything magazine fed , like the RPK variants , or the LSW Lewis and Tool stuff , or the M4 lSW variants.

And then anything with a box and belt feed , like even the m249 , m240 , PKP etc would be in the games HMG class.

At least thats how I imagined it game wise.

We could argue that a belt fed MG is ammo etc is too heavy along with everything else etc for the story and scenario and no madman would try it (we reallllly dont know whats going on yet , well we do but you know what I mean)........but for fee roam.............I so wanted to be sitting in that dusty blown out office with my PKM bipod and all watching a highway section :P ( or :( as it would seem now)

Might have to make do with the SVD and a RPG lol

Still though.........Prapor has PKM/PKP belts on SHOW damnit

Edited by CptBluemax

8 hours ago, Blackb1rd said:

Story-related quests, on the other hand, will be as close as possible to "singleplayer" quests, rather than the usual online find/kill/fetch, and they will be hidden, so it will be hard to figure out which quest is being solved by the player, though, if the player, for example, hangs around the armored vehicle, there is a chance he’s placing a beacon there.

this is also really , really weird , have to wait and see I guess , not knowing wth is going on doesnt sound great tho 

8 hours ago, Blackb1rd said:

Nikita himself will not play until release, does not want to play what is not yet finished. However, when everything is ready, getting him out of the game is going to be impossible.

This explains a lot.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Bravo6ixDelta said:

Subject to change... but?

test.png

im freaking hoping not dude , hope we at least get SOME belt feds

Will the continuation of the Russia 2028 project will haven't negative impact on the Escape from Tarkov? I mean are you not afraid that you will run out of people and time ?

8 hours ago, Natalino said:

There will be various locations of servers added. The locations to be added are unknown yet but Asian/OC servers are already confirmed to be added. And in common, servers are planned to be added in locations where the playerbase is located even greatly.

Will the servers be active when Closed Beta releases?