Blackb1rd

The Hideout announcement

Dear players!

Escape from Tarkov closed Beta preparations are is in full swing, however, our current work is not limited only to the tasks related to the closed Beta.

And now, we are pleased to announce one of the features of the game, which was been already mentioned in the early stages of EfT development of EFT - the Hideout.

The process of escaping from Tarkov is not as quick as it may appear from the outside. Our characters need some place to settle down to gain strength, store supplies, stash discovered gear and weapons. In other words, regroup before setting out to achieve the main goal of the game.

Player begin the construction and arrangements of Hideout from the scratch - initially it is found as an abandoned and cluttered up bomb shelter without any means of of life-sustaining. Consistently building and improving the Hideout modules, such as the power generator, water collection system, ventilation, medical treatment facility, recon center, heating, bathroom and many others, players improves various parameters of their characters, such as out-of-raid health, hydration and energy regeneration speed. The player also gets special opportunities for the production of medicines, ammunition and other items from various resources. Recon center improvements provide new opportunities of working with merchants and playing as Scavs and much more.

Each module, there are already over 13 of them in production now, has unique bonuses, and requires a unique scheme for building. The player will need different resources, access to a variety of merchants and necessary skill levels to unlock the module installation capabilities and the possibilities for their improvement.

To maintain the Hideout operational condition, the first thing player will need to install is the generator, which consumes fuel. With a lack of fuel, production and regeneration of characteristics will be slowed or disrupted. It should also be noted that the size of the cache will directly depend on the level of Hideout cache. Players with a Limited Edition of the game will receive the cache of maximum, third level. 

In addition to the basic modules of the Hideout, the player will be able to install elite modules that drastically improve living standards and security, accelerate skills leveling, allow producing unique items and resources, and simply add warm feel and comfort in your new home.
What is worth noticing separately is a full-fledged shooting range, where you can test your weapons.

The Hideout will be an integral part of the game, which will justify all out-of-raid processes that happen to character - restoring health, size of caches, access to new services of merchants, objects research and events in the world of Escape from Tarkov.

This major innovation is being developed in parallel and independently from the main course of the company.  We plan to launch the Hideout in open beta testing.

Stay tuned!

escapefromtarkov_hideout21.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout20.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout19.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout18.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout17.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout16.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout15.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout14.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout13.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout12.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout11.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout10.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout9.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout8.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout7.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout6.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout5.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout4.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout3.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout2.jpg

escapefromtarkov_hideout1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 66

The wait is not in vain everyone. Great things such as this one are bound to come. Just a matter of a little bit more time.

We will be gathering and answering all your questions from this page. Let us know what you think and if you have expected this to come. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 22

This is amazing, but I'm curious, would you be able to invite other players (possible from the clan system that will be implemented eventually) to your hideout?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 13

41 minutes ago, Blackb1rd said:

What is worth noticing separately is a full-fledged shooting range, where you can test your weapons.

Ok there goes away the need to have offline mode :) 

• Upvote 2

Looks pretty good but When we can expect to keep that in game ? ( soon ?  :scsmile:

• Upvote 1

never expected that for sure!!!! but its a really nice suprise.

we need to scavage fuel and other stuff to survive? i really like this idea because it gets new goals for the players beside killing each other.

iam very interessted what comes next.

keep up the great work guys.

• Upvote 3

Very interesting! I Have one question:

Where will the hideout be? Will it be a separate instance or location inside map like in The Division?

And (second question :P): what about my teammates? Will be able to host them? :P

Edited by vinis88

5 minutes ago, Damiano said:

Looks pretty good but When we can expect to keep that in game ? ( soon ?  :scsmile:

In the open beta stage which comes after the closed beta.

49 minutes ago, Blackb1rd said:

We plan to launch the Hideout in open beta testing.

• Upvote 1

cant wait to start stocking up the supplies...and then i might just stay there, no need to escape when you got such a sweet man cave. 

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, wh1tey said:

never expected that for sure!!!! but its a really nice suprise.

we need to scavage fuel and other stuff to survive? i really like this idea because it gets new goals for the players beside killing each other.

iam very interessted what comes next.

keep up the great work guys.

What's next? Escape from tarkov cribz bruh

• Upvote 3

Will we have the option to upload custom art/pictures for posters? It would be nice to make our own art for grafitti too!

• Upvote 12

I dont get it completely

Is this a 3d level where we can move around? 

Will the current stash system be replaced with this level? Can I lay 100 fort armors on the floor then?

Can my mates visit my hideout?

Do I equip myself by going to the shelves and take whatever I need? No more menu equipping?

Can my hideout be attacked by players / scavs?

• Upvote 4

42 минуты назад, TheNissonian сказал:

This is amazing, but I'm curious, would you be able to invite other players (possible from the clan system that will be implemented eventually) to your hideout?

We will collect all your questions about The Hideout and answer them in a couple of days. 

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, DaWu77 said:

Is this a 3d level where we can move around? 

Yes, of course.

3 minutes ago, DaWu77 said:

Can I lay 100 fort armors on the floor then?

It does not work like that. There is the stash size limit which is the same as the current system. The stash size has 3 levels and the EOD stash size is the biggest one which is the third level. In addition to this, there are many areas and advantages you gain from the hideout. 

The rest of your questions are already under to be answered list and will be announced in a couple of days.

• Upvote 5