Blackb1rd

The Hideout announcement

6 minutes ago, Bravo6ixDelta said:

This is cool but why aren't you adding in light machine guns to the game?

This question has already been addressed on the interview post but to ensure nothing was lost in translation and also to give a more insight on it, I have added it to the questions list. Until further notice is given on the topic, the answer for it is what was given on the interview post. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Wow! Really exciting news! Can't wait for this to be implemented! 

• Will the hideout mode serve as a replacement or 3D alternative to the current character inventory screen?
  • When outside of a raid will the character automatically be sent to their hideout or will it be another option in the main menus?
  • How might the hideout be connected to the player's inventory? For example, will there be boxes/containers in the hideout we use to access our inventory? Perhaps multiple containers for things like meds, ammo, food, maybe even a functional display rack of some kind for weapons?
  • How is this tied to the future implementation of persistent player condition (health, hunger and thirst carry over and are not automatically replenished at the end of a raid)  I'm guessing these modules will be used to heal/restore the player. 
  • When adding/upgrading a module will the hideout be physically expanded in size or does the new module fill up a predetermined empty space?
  • What are these services provided by merchants? (besides insurance)
  • How do the modules that increase skills/leveling work? Do they simply increase the rate at which certain skills level up or do we actually need to use them to grind for skill levels like a gym? 

Thank you guys so much for taking these questions! Can't wait to hear more!

did anyone else notice the massive mining hole on one off the posters like the hole in the forest. just art to fill the wall? or is it a place in tarkov I wonder?

5 minutes ago, slxthrxp said:

did anyone else notice the massive mining hole on one off the posters like the hole in the forest. just art to fill the wall? or is it a place in tarkov I wonder?

:) 

career.jpg.0a2f7bc021ced8a72c0f80155765289b.jpg.ef5108860f478216e3901a7640056f95.jpg

• Upvote 5

you guys are doing an awesome .cant praise your team and what you've done so far enough.

Only question i have about the modules and health gain is:

How do you plan to let death affect the game? If you die do things like Radiation and other negative effects go away or do they stay? or do you lose a level or something else when you die?

Looking good guys keep up to good work and i can't wait for any new patch

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, slxthrxp said:

Looks like a piece of concept art for their next game, Russia 2028 ;) 

14 minutes ago, Fuku said:

How is this tied to the future implementation of persistent player condition (health, hunger and thirst carry over and are not automatically replenished at the end of a raid)  I'm guessing these modules will be used to heal/restore the player. 

Your answer to this:

1 hour ago, Blackb1rd said:

players improves various parameters of their characters, such as out-of-raid health, hydration and energy regeneration speed

• When adding/upgrading a module will the hideout be physically expanded in size or does the new module fill up a predetermined empty space?
  •  

It is an abandoned place you are kind of renovating info various modules/facilities.

Do they simply increase the rate at which certain skills level up

Yes.

The rest of your questions are on the list that will be posted as one Q and A topic. So stay tuned for that.

• Upvote 1

so, can anyone give some advice here, should I wait for the beta to come out or should i just upgrade now to the Edge of darkness edition, I mean is the wait gonna be like till next month roughly or longer, cos i really would like to play it asap.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Extremity:

so, can anyone give some advice here, should I wait for the beta to come out or should i just upgrade now to the Edge of darkness edition, I mean is the wait gonna be like till next month roughly or longer, cos i really would like to play it asap.

Thanks

its really worth the money, but i think closed beta will be released in the next months.

Gerade eben schrieb wh1tey:

its really worth the money, but i think closed beta will be released in the next months.

do you watched some guys streaming it? it really pushed me over the egde to buy the eod version to take place in the early access.

8 minutes ago, Extremity said:

Thanks

Upon Beta release Edge of Darkness Edition will not be purchasable any more.

So if you wan't EOD I would suggest getting it now.

9 minutes ago, Extremity said:

Thanks

Just buy it. Best " alpha " game ever. Had some much fun for my money.. and it's not even finished. 

Buy it. 

the bigger stash and gamma box and stuff. You will miss that when it's done and you will regret it!

Edited by Cfxsquad

So, you start up the game.exe then you see the menu I think? 

then you can choose Hideout, and after that you choose a map? 

• Upvote 1

Can we invite friends to our HIDEOUT (before going on a riad)?

Besides showing off our personal hideout & equiptment, we will also be able to trade stuff without beeing killed by enemies. 

Very pleased with the state of the game and how well Devs are responding to our outcrys! 

Also will the hideouts transition into Clan/Group hideouts? 

Edited by Werundubz

48 minutes ago, Bravo6ixDelta said:

This is cool but why aren't you adding in light machine guns to the game?

*bonks over the head* 

It was belt fed machine guns specifically , as in RPD , PKM  , M240 , M249 etc.

Still looks like we get magazine fed LSWs like RPK etc

If we don't even get light machine guns like the RPK ill go mental lol

Hideout looks absolutely awesome and the fact we can actualy do stuff with it is even better.

Edited by CptBluemax

Could be the quarry by the Terminal area?The one Granit-M was operating?Looks a bit too circly holey to be that though , hmm

Edited by CptBluemax

Just now, Banananarwhal said:

is it possible for stash size to be upgraded with the blueprint system?

This here:

Answers it for you.