Blackb1rd

The Hideout announcement

So many questions, it's like you've won the lottery and you your just asking when do I get? Where do I get, taxes? We hit the jackpot guys, enjoy ;) Answers will come with time.

3 minutes ago, Aintence said:

Is it like an actual room you can walk around?

Yes is a physical place , Id imagine it might take the place of the main menu , or you just go to it from there , but its definitely a walk around with your character out of live game area.

• Upvote 1

If you are looking for community feedback I personally feel it would be much more immersive if this hideout was the place you would normally commute with traders whilst accepting missions and possibly matchmaking with other survivors. The hideout is a good direction to move in.

Wow, incredible game and incredible news, congrats, just one question, as i understood from your words when you finish a raid and begin other inmediately your status (health, hunger, thirtst, etc...) will remain the same from one raid to another, so if you end your first raid badly wounded you will have to wait until your character where restored or begin the raid wounded, did i understand correctly? so much thanks for your reply, and see you in Tarkov...

Sounds nice, but won't this slow the addition of the actual maps?  It seems like a cool addition that's not really all that nessasery? 

Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer, I'm just a tad nervous of feature creep after watching Star Citizen explode into (IMHO) a Mictrotransaction store selling DLC for a game that will never come. 

9 minutes ago, avicuecalo said:

Wow, incredible game and incredible news, congrats, just one question, as i understood from your words when you finish a raid and begin other inmediately your status (health, hunger, thirtst, etc...) will remain the same from one raid to another, so if you end your first raid badly wounded you will have to wait until your character where restored or begin the raid wounded, did i understand correctly? so much thanks for your reply, and see you in Tarkov...

Yes exactly

Edited by Cravez

4 minutes ago, Bobbydylan said:

Sounds nice, but won't this slow the addition of the actual maps?  It seems like a cool addition that's not really all that nessasery? 

Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer, I'm just a tad nervous of feature creep after watching Star Citizen explode into (IMHO) a Mictrotransaction store selling DLC for a game that will never come. 

looks like its already done bro :P and they said someone else was doing it for them?Mustve out sourced it.

Oh dude im still all faithful with star citizen......................mass effect 3 took 40 million to make and 5 years and..................look at it.......SC can take 8 years and 300mil for all I care (2012 was start of crowd fund)...it will be all the better for it.

The stuff SC is working on is mind boggling , every single planet,moon,asteroid and ship is fully explorable......everything......and the proprietary procedural generation stuff thatll make all that work is insane

Edited by CptBluemax
  • Upvote 1

-Do you have plans to add more stuff in order to create/improve the hideout? i mean diferent parts of a generator, gas cannisters and things like this... what can you tell us about this?

-will this items ocuppy space from the inventory, for example, if you need car batteries to replace the olders where do we put the new ones till the old ones run out ? 

-do you have plans to implement the hideout improvement with the ingame missions, i mean if you do a concrete mission a barter gives you something neccessary for, for example, improve the medical area in the hideout or will this kind of things be only looteable?

-do you have plans to create some type of hideout improvement that needs some kind of coop gameplay or related to clans/groups?

-will we be able to crate our "real" armory in the hideout so we can see our arsenal without entering in the stash?

tnx. and sorry for my english

• Upvote 1

How will the regeneration system work more specifically?

How much IRL downtime will there be between matches due to regeneration?

Will we be able to have several PMCs to reduce downtime?

Will renovations take IRL time to complete (like in mobile games)?

Will there be microtransactions related to the Hideout?

The hideout looks like a neat feature, but the only comparisons to existing systems that I can make are to games like World of Tanks or mobile games, neither of which I particularly enjoy how they've implemented it.

• Upvote 1

This sounds great. My question is, When the open world feature/map gets implemented, will you have to travel to your hideout to stash items and rest up? Or will it just be a menu option to go to your hideout?

I have some questions and suggestions.

(Firstly, this amazes me so much, as I had not thought of the player having his own individual hideout!)

1. - Will there be a large scale clan hideout, where the clan can use its funds (donated by members) to upgrade the hideout, if so, would this hideout have the possibility of being placed outside, not underground? - Maybe then the clan could have access to a long range shooting range. Maybe a large clearing in a forest.
  2. - In order to increase strength, I would like to see our character actually have to upgrade his hideout to include weights, a benchpress etc... And then it would be really immersive if we actually had to make him follow a visual training plan. (same thing with getting more accurate and better at decreasing recoil when practising at the shooting range) So it would be good if we actually had to press one button 50 times a day, 4 times a week (with a visual animation of the exercise) so that we can get our weekly 200 press-ups and then we might be better at, say, advanced movement when climbing up obstacles.
  3. - Will there be a community hideout where there is only one per free roam server, which might have rules; "No killing inside, no firing weapons." So maybe all players will learn where it is, and then this could become the basis for the flea market? There could be a boxing ring where people could bet, and then if they want to 'take it outside' (to get more violent, everyone could start spectating and betting on the two players fighting it out in Arena mode. Like safe zones or trader bases in some Dayz servers.
  4. - Will our hideouts be part of free roam mode? - So will we be able to find other player's hideouts within the map/server ?
  5. - How will the storage system work? So there will be near limitless space on the floor, but our stash for gear is only the size of the current main menu stash? How will this be 'realistic' ?
  6. Furthermore, will separate item classes have their own containers? Weapon crates or weapon racks, then fridges for food and water and refrigerators for keeping medicines cool, clothes racks, a rack to hang up all our body armour? - the list goes on...
  7. - Will we be able to invite our friends over to our hideout, say before and after a raid has finished (I think that everyone would love this to be a feature!) or just in general for a party or for training drills.
  8. - Will other people or scavs be able to attack our hideout.
  9. - If raiding / attacking hideouts will be a possibility, in order to attack other hideouts, will we first have to make our hideout open to other people, I think this could work very well so that only those who want to make their hideout vulnerable can attack other people's hideouts.
  10. - With the firing range, will we have to use ear protectors, since it is indoors? I'm sure that this will be the case - just asking...
  11. - I saw a tire resting against a wall in a large space. There is also batteries in game, and there seemed to be car parts laying on a shelf, does this mean we will be able to maintain a vehicle in our hideout? -(maybe the clan hideout could have a large garage.)- - - I think we would all appreciate more news or confirmation about vehicles. (Personally, I would love functional vehicles in Tarkov)
  12. - How do we 'unlock' the hideout, do we find a large empty bunker in game? Or do we buy it from a trader?
  13. - Will the hideout become the new main menu? When launching the game will we be placed into the menu, or into our hideout?
  14. yes long read I am sorry, but I am very interested about what the hideout has to offer...
  15. - Traders; Will we have to use the computer or the laptop (as seen in the pictures
    ) to communicate to traders? Then how will our items be delivered to us?
  16. - Services; Will we be able to buy a service which replenishes all of our magazines with fresh ammo, installs new targets in the range and clears up all the bullet casings, repairs our armour, repairs and cleans our guns and heals all of our characters?

- I remember hearing that we will be able to have multiple characters who all contribute to our stash.
I have a big question here;

• In order to accommodate (with realism being the object / aim) our multiple characters, will we first have to buy and upgrade the dormitory section of our hideout. So would we have to buy our first bed in order to be able to use the hideout for our first character, and then if we wanted to have more characters, would we have to buy more beds.
  • When using one character, it would be cool to visit our hideout and see all of our other characters asleep on their respective beds.
  • - If one of our characters sustained serious injuries whilst in battle, I feel like it would be very realistic if we had to spend time with our other character to heal the injured guy so that we can play with him again. This would allow for learning enhanced medical skills.

Personal art;
Will we be able to upload or paint our own images onto canvas or frames, in order to hang them up on a wall.

How extensive will the customization of our hideout be? Can we buy 20 desks from a trader, just for the sake of it?

Will there be precise object placement within the respective zones of different purposes. So can we choose where we place each of the targets within our shooting range, or is everything going to be a set template which we cannot alter?

Thank you for reading this far, I hope I have not broken any rules by posting such a long reply haha.

I only wrote most of it bold so that I can ask the main question and then explain what I mean in more detail using non-bold.

We all look forward to seeing this in-game!!

• Upvote 2

Very good, more and more the game becomes realistic causing the participants to use their intelligence and not just to shoot. Congratulations!B|

WOW this is amazing. I have a similar idea for a marketplace, basically it would be traders but in a physical 3D world.

omg that's a really really good idea :D keep it up devs :D

But Can we have a clan hideout ? 

Edited by Saudi

Ok, I did read all the pages and tried to weed out any questions I would have asked that have been answered.

First off, thanks so much! This looks awesome and this is the most fun alpha that has ever ruined my life by taking up all of my time. I love this game

Now, questions.

1. Do you worry that having health and other medical needs be things that need to be worked on may slow the game and make filling servers hard? I know id be nervous to go into a game with no health or broken bones, and since scav mode takes an hour to reset, it sounds like if i get wounded, i have to quit till I get better, and if I don't have gas, I might just not get better period. If im afraid to play after every game I die or get hurt, and say half of players get hurt or killed per game, then that implies every game takes out half the playerbase for some time, resulting in less filling of servers.

2. Do you plan to take this "3-D area to explore" theme to the other elements of the game, such as flea markets and traders? Yes, im having fantasies about snarking at an opposing clan haggling over a vendors wares in a hollowed out ship in Chernobyl.

Thank you guys again so much!

Edited by TheNitroExpress
Spelling errors

will you be able to raid other players bases?
I noticed you guys said you could increase your security so that made me think you might be able to raid other players bases I hope that is true.

Edited by zwt2135

Jesus! I never expected this!? Escape from Tarkov is definitely heading in the right direction; I never saw this coming! Brilliant Idea, I am looking forward to the implement!! Awesome!!

24 minutes ago, zwt2135 said:

will you be able to raid other players bases?
I noticed you guys said you could increase your security so that made me think you might be able to raid other players bases I hope that is true.

not sure base raiding is a thing in Tarkov at least i hope not because it would ruin the game for me and would make the hideout feature useless imho.

but i do get it tho i love rust and games like it ^^

Did not see this one coming. Great news!!

Can't wait for Beta to arrive....

My question is very VERY important. Its more important then everyone elses in this thread combined! Its so important I don't know if I should ask it! /sarcasm

Can we please have a music player in our Hideout? Something that allows us to 'modify' the games files and put our own music into a folder of sorts so we can pick and choose what music will play when we enter our hideout. To me, I wouldn't mind coming back to some Metallica playing on my music player after a difficult raid or lost raid.

Also to the guy asking about belt-fed LMG's, I think they're just not ready to have them right now and want to see how we handle a few LMG's instead of a huge group of them first. That or they don't have them ready yet or the proper licensing.

1 hour ago, TheNitroExpress said:

I know id be nervous to go into a game with no health or broken bones, and since scav mode takes an hour to reset, it sounds like if i get wounded, i have to quit till I get better,

I think they have confirmed that there will be multiple characters. I think you have three main characters (who are affected by karma and such) and then there is scav mode.

Please correct me i'm wrong somebody.

So you will be able to wait for the injured character to heal, and play with your next PMC character in the mean time I hope.

I can only hope they make it like this. The pictures seem to suggest that there will be beds, sofas, places to rest and a medical bay. I guess it would make sense if really bad injuries required someone else to treat you.