Blackb1rd

The Hideout announcement

18 hours ago, Extremity said:

so, can anyone give some advice here, should I wait for the beta to come out or should i just upgrade now to the Edge of darkness edition, I mean is the wait gonna be like till next month roughly or longer, cos i really would like to play it asap.

Thanks

its a great game whats your routing number so i can send money to your account ill buy it for you!

• Upvote 1

cant belive it... it is exactly what i thought and dreamed about what tarkov needs but i never said it because i thought it will never come..

this means all other dreams like real markets with real ingame npc dealers will also be real?

scavs sitting around drinking beer and playing music will also be real? ingame animals like dogs?

i love it... i love the hideout thank you devs!

Great feature !!!

I hope our guns will appear in the hideout so we can show off with our collection...

Also I love the close shooting range, it's realistic for Tarkov. Go try to find some quiet place in the woods if you want to zero your scopes for long range shooting !

Always loved housing mods in Fallout that actively displayed the items stored there such as weapons on wall racks, food and drinks on shelves. Would this be something we can expect to see? (I mean like if you had stuff in your stash it would appear not physically placing it.)

well I kinda find this abit unfair the 1 that's buyed the most expensive version should getting more stash to upgrade if u ask me, but well I don't think there will give a poo about that lol

As a matter of speaking, how much interaction-able will the environment of your hideout be? 

For example, will you be able to:

• sit and watch TV
  • repair weapons manually (same goes for upgrading them) while being able to observe them
  • cook some food to prepare for raids (ie stews from animals -> more energy than just chocolate)
  • use generator only when having enough fuel
  • have cutscenes in your hideout (some task related for example, ie you'll have cutscene with Prapor after you complete some tasks for him).
  • have unlimited ammo at gun range
  • browse internet (on laptop) -> some random static webs like in GTA V
  • play some games with your friends (card-based)
  • get drunk with your friends (sort of celebrating the victory or succesful raid)
  • have a trophy on the wall
  • have a pre-setted gear to pick up before going into a raid (sort of those mannequins in skyrim, on which you could put any gear you'd like, in this case, you could just go and pick this gear automatically onto you)
  • and more!

16 hours ago, DerpingWork said:

As a matter of speaking, how much interaction-able will the environment of your hideout be? 

For example, will you be able to:

• sit and watch TV
  • repair weapons manually (same goes for upgrading them) while being able to observe them
  • cook some food to prepare for raids (ie stews from animals -> more energy than just chocolate)
  • use generator only when having enough fuel
  • have cutscenes in your hideout (some task related for example, ie you'll have cutscene with Prapor after you complete some tasks for him).
  • have unlimited ammo at gun range
  • browse internet (on laptop) -> some random static webs like in GTA V
  • play some games with your friends (card-based)
  • get drunk with your friends (sort of celebrating the victory or succesful raid)
  • have a trophy on the wall
  • have a pre-setted gear to pick up before going into a raid (sort of those mannequins in skyrim, on which you could put any gear you'd like, in this case, you could just go and pick this gear automatically onto you)
  • and more!

I hope there are stuff like that

21 hours ago, boydewit2 said:

Will those elite modules affect storage space, allowing you to get a storage bigger than the eod version?

There are three levels of stash you can upgrade to in regards to its size and the EOD one is the biggest one you are able to go to which is the third level.

21 hours ago, Aintence said:

Is it like an actual room you can walk around?

Yes.

21 hours ago, Bobbydylan said:

Sounds nice, but won't this slow the addition of the actual maps?  It seems like a cool addition that's not really all that nessasery? 

The development of this feature will not affect the main course of the development. Priorities are given to those features that are needed. This is why it was mentioned as:

On 6/13/2017 at 1:33 PM, Blackb1rd said:

This major innovation is being developed in parallel and independently from the main course of the company.  We plan to launch the Hideout in open beta testing.

So nothing to worry about on that matter. 

20 hours ago, Jagged said:

Will we be able to have several PMCs to reduce downtime?

You will have three characters.

Will there be microtransactions related to the Hideout?

Of course, not. Not with the hideout and anything else that would come in the future. Micro transactions will not be in EFT at all.

The hideout looks like a neat feature, but the only comparisons to existing systems that I can make are to games like World of Tanks or mobile games, neither of which I particularly enjoy how they've implemented it.

Then I think you did not get the idea since I personally do not believe it relates to that. The Q and A announcements to come might give you more idea about how it works. :) 

20 hours ago, alex8xela said:

(Personally, I would love functional vehicles in Tarkov)

Vehicles are a possibility to come but only in free roam. It is still an idea up in the air, though.

17 hours ago, Dutchshotkiller said:

Also about closed beta, is it for everyone that per ordered the game? 

Yes. Everyone with any package of the game will be able to play in the beta stage.

15 hours ago, 2legs said:

Seems the hideout is mostly just a bigger stash with more elaborate decorations. is this introducing a huge amount of grind to artificially extend the gameplay?

Not sure if you actually read it or just not understood how it works but you have completely missed the point. Your answers can be found on the main thread on what the hideout is about. We will also have more info on the Q and A thread to come.

14 hours ago, SenorKeener said:

so if i have the eod version i wont be able to increase it further more? i would really suggest to increase it in future because you will add a lot more weapons and other stuff and even now a lot of us are at full stash almost everytime

There always needs to be a limit. You struggling to take one from the other is also one thing. Even if it gets increased, it will not be enough for lots of people. Hoarding is a thing. You just have to go out with your gear when it becomes full. :) 

• Upvote 2

Interesting addition to the game, gives it a bit more depth. Cant say i missed something like this, and my first tough was "build a home like in skyrim". That is never been something iv done, iv never been interested in that. But implementing function other than pure storage, and it becomes useful addition to the game. I must say it looks interesting.

Looking forward to it, and other future updates. Keep up the good work. :)  

Edited by Eqlibrium

Hey Natalino,

you write "You will have three characters."

Just for clarafication. Its 3 PMCs right? I can have 3 USECS or 2 USECS and 1 BEAR right?

Can I exchange stash items between them?

Will I have to level all 3 of them seperately?

Thx!

I have heard on the full release you will have to complete all 10 raids to unlock the free-roam gamemode, would there possibly be a little singleplayer mission after the 10th raid where you have to find and or mabye clear what will become your hideout ? i think that could be a very cool thing to add to the atmosphere and also give a good explanation as of why this became yours.

• Upvote 1

Sounds great, might be abit early to ask, but I rly would like to see clan /group hideouts :)

3 hours ago, Natalino said:

You will have three characters.

so a russian pmc, usa pmc and a scav...i dont understand why have 2 pmc characters at the same time ? can someone explain...

Just now, ForeverAloneDude said:

so a russian pmc, usa pmc and a scav...i dont understand why have 2 pmc characters at the same time ? can someone explain...

You do not need a character slot for a SCAV. All for the PMCs. More info will be given about this in the future.

• Upvote 2

i hope they make it so we can put our guns on the walls of our hideout, also would be nice if we could interact with our guns if there on the walls so we could pick them up to shoot them at the shooting range

• Upvote 2

Very cool stuff.  Glad to see there will be a functional shooting range for when offline mode is disabled.  Will we be able to test guns before we purchase them?

About the shooting range.. When I try out my guns at the range, do I still use my bullets? It is a dumb question I know, but I am one of those people who collects everything even  little flowers that are useless in MineCraft or Skyrim. Lol.

May be a little early for suggestions, but is there any thought to having gun racks? So maybe you can display your favorite guns?

again I know its early, but that'd be cool :) 

Ehm okay ? Nice pictures ? But what is it ? A place we can go to on a map, and just sit and hide ? Or whats it for ?

15 minutes ago, TomatoDK said:

Ehm okay ? Nice pictures ? But what is it ? A place we can go to on a map, and just sit and hide ? Or whats it for ?

That is explained in the first page as to its meaning no it'd not a place on the map.. read the entire post and if you still haven't been satisfied with that wait for the Q&A that is being compiled and will be released in the coming days to answer questions posted in this thread

6 hours ago, SommerTheViking said:

I have heard on the full release you will have to complete all 10 raids to unlock the free-roam gamemode, would there possibly be a little singleplayer mission after the 10th raid where you have to find and or mabye clear what will become your hideout ? i think that could be a very cool thing to add to the atmosphere and also give a good explanation as of why this became yours.

Yes I totally agree, I hope that that this gets considered.

Nice idea mate!

Along with all of the standard questions:

Filling space with in game objects. ( Putting weapons in weapon shelf, food on shelves etc. Displaying items.)

Accompanied by full animations of doing so..

Party/squad/clan hideouts. (Allowed people have access, shared hideouts etc.)

Squad creation in hideout. (Seamlessly putting everyone into the same raid, when selected from a map on the wall or something, or exiting straight into free roam together.)

Does the hideout replace the main menu. (I sure hope so, loading the game and waking up in the hideout flows in terms of immersion.)

Can characters train abilities. (Working out, firing range, yes! etc.) How ever I do still wish PvE exists for the sheet fact of training and movement skills, tactics etc.)

Are hideouts a physical place inside of the map, or do they exist outside of the world. If they exist inside of the map, can they be looted/attacked/destroyed by other players forcing the owner to literally find a new place to set up. From the sounds of it the hideout exists outside of the map.

Will all hideouts have the same floor plan or are they randomly generated. Are players able to physically move, alter and design their hideout how they see fit given the written in game parameters.

Hell of exciting good news Dev, well done.

Also mods don't bother correcting me, if things have been answered previously.

Edited by Sweatshirtolympics