CM_ArmaSwiss

Hideout Feature Questions and Developer Answers

Hello Escapers!

Recently we announced a future mechanic within Escape From Tarkov, "The Hideout" that will be playable in the future Open Beta of Escape From Tarkov.

Many of you had questions concerning the Hideout, and we are happy to provide to you a compiled list of questions and their answers from the Developers! We hope you enjoy these answers as much as we enjoyed reading them! Thank you to everyone who submitted a question in regards to The Hideout and your continued support for Escape From Tarkov and the Battlestate Games Development Team!

Many thanks go out to @Blackb1rd for providing these questions our community asked in regards to the newly announced Hideout's Feature. Additional thanks goes out to @Olloch, who helped curate and format the questions to assist in their readability.

Questions from Hideout Announcement

Q: Can we bring/invite other players to our hideout?

A: This is very possible in the future, and our Development Team will look into being able to share your own personal hideout with other players!

Q: Will the hideout get attacked by SCAVs or other players?

A: The Hideouts will be located in a secure zone within Tarkov, and will not be at risk of assault by Scavs or other players.

Q: You mentioned upgrade security, what does that improve on?

A: You will be able to reinforce the hide out’s entry door and install security cameras.

Q: Does this mean we have to scavenge for fuel just like loot in order to keep the generators working?

A: Yes. Players will need to scavenge fuel to keep their Hideout generators replenished and in working order.

Q: Where will be the hideout located? Somewhere on the map or in a separate instance?

A: The Hideout is located in a separate instance from the rest of the game, being an area to relax, recuperate and re-arm between raids.

Q: Is the hideout going to be accessed through the main menu just like the traders and stash?

A: Yes, you will be able to enter the Hideout from the Main Menu.

Q: Are there going to be SCAV guards on it?

A: At this time, No. But we do plan to add a cool feature in regard to Scavs in relation to the Hideout in the future. Stay tuned for future details!

Q: Will we have the option to upload custom art/pictures for posters? It would be nice to make our own art for graffiti too!

A: This is great idea! We will take this idea into consideration amongst the Development Team and will see what is possible!

Q: Does the hideout replace the stash?  Meaning, will the hideout mode serve as a replacement or 3D alternative to the current character inventory screen?

A: The Hideout will not completely replace the current inventory/stash/trader screens, and is essentially a visual representation of your Stash. You will be able to access your stash from within the hideout, but it does not replace the Stash completely.

Q: Can I walk around in the Hideout?

A: Yes, you will be able to move freely about your Hideout

Q: When outside of a raid will the character automatically be sent to their hideout or will it be another option in the main menu?

A: At this time, returning to the Hideout will be optional, selected via the Main menu at the end of any raid.

Q: Do we have to go to the hideout to mod our weapon? How does it defer from the stash in this regards? Is it a replacement or addition?

A: The Hideout is a visual representation of the Stash. It is an additional option that players may use, but does not outright replace the Inventory/Stash menu.

Q: Do I equip myself by going to the shelves and take whatever I need? No more menu equipping or both are going to be available?

A: No, you will not have to equip yourself from the shelves.

Q: How would this work alongside with the clan system? Can we have clan hideouts with the common clan stash in there maybe?

A: This is a great idea and is very possible. We have planned to have this in Escape From Tarkov, and will announce more details when the time comes

Q: Traders; Will we be able to use the computer or the laptop (as seen in the pictures) to communicate to traders? Then how will our items be delivered to us?

A: You will not be required to access Traders via the Laptop to trade. You will be able to visit the Traders via the traditional Traders Menu currently available in the Alpha Test.

Q: How would the 'ammo creation' be done? Would the ammo be of a certain quality, or is it determined by skills and the modules? And how about the medicines?

A: You will need to collect resources, such as gun powder. When you upgrade the workbench within the Hideout, it will unlock additional crafting blueprints. Crafting ammunition will take time, and to decrease the amount of time required, you will need to progress in related skills. Items such as MedKits will require alternative components, such as a Medical Resource. More details regarding our crafting system will be announced in the future.

Q: Will there be a community hideout where there is only one per free roam server?

A: At this time, no. There will not be a community hideout in the free roam map.

Q: Will our hideouts be part of free roam mode? - So will we be able to find other player's hideouts within the map/server?

A: At this time, no. Hideouts will not be implemented into the free-roam map as they are separate from all raid/free-roam instances.

Q: Furthermore, will separate item classes have their own containers? Weapon crates or weapon racks, then fridges for food and water and refrigerators for keeping medicines cool, clothes racks, a rack to hang up all our body armor? - The list goes on...

A: No, there will not be separat containers for items based on item types. The Hideout feature is not intended to be a replacement for the current stash system, but a fun feature for our players to enjoy.

Q: With the firing range, will we have to use ear protectors, since it is indoors? This would not be realistic without it.

A: At this time we currently have Ballistic Ear Protection ingame. It is up to you, the player if you wish to equip them or not through the Stash system.

Q: How do we 'unlock' the hideout, do we find a large empty bunker in game? Or do we buy it from a trader? Or is it just given to us at the start?

A: At this time there is no details or decision on this. It is very possible that the Hideout will be a very special quest reward.

Q: How extensive will the customization of our hideout be? Can we buy 20 desks from a trader, just for the sake of it? Or is it a set template to just upgrade to?

A: Customizability will be slightly limited. As this is to be a supplementary feature and not a core-gameplay feature, it will be limited to a preset-configuration with various upgrades available.

Q: Will there be precise object placement within the respective zones of different purposes. So can we choose where we place each of the targets within our shooting range, or is everything going to be a set template which we cannot alter?

A: There will be no precise placement of objects within the Hideout. The Hideout is a place to rest and relax on your quest to Escape from Tarkov. You are not intending to reside there long, as you are trying to escape!

Q: Can we please have a music player in our Hideout? Maybe even add our own by having a playlist in certain folder of the game like some games do.

A: This is a great idea. We do plan on there being a music player, and it is very possible we can implement this feature with music folders.

Q: How many modules will you be able to employ simultaneously? A specific amount we have to choose from or all of the available ones?

A: No. The Hideout essentially will have a tree of unlock-able modules and upgrades, but you will not have to weigh decisions of which upgrade to utilize. Fully upgraded, the Hideout will feature all available modules/upgrades that are available.

Q: Will the modules be tiered and have a cool down?

A: The modules will be in a tier-based system.

Q: Will there be rare modules?

A: Yes, there will be rare modules called ‘elite’ modules.

Q: What and how many types of resources do we have to gather for the hideout? How does this work?

A: You will need to gather many different items. Every module has prerequisites - 5 tool sets, 4 car batteries, and level 5 Intelligence skill for example. You will need to meet this requirements to start construction.

Q: Will each Hideout be the same, or will they be different? If so, in what way?

A: All Hideouts will essentially start with the ‘basic’ setup, and will be customizable through the player’s choice in upgrade/modules to install.

Q: Always loved housing mods in Fallout that actively displayed the items stored there such as weapons on wall racks, food and drinks on shelves. Would this be something we can expect to see in EFT?

A: We are considering this feature.

Q: How much interaction can we have with the environment? Like: sit and watch TV, repair weapon, etc.

A: These are great ideas! We will consider them and look into implementing them in the future.

Other Popular questions

Q: In the interview with COO Nikita, there was an answer given that there would not be any belt fed machine guns. But there were mentions of RPK before and we have seen it on videos of the studio. We also have a skill tree for it. So are these machine guns never being added or just not at this moment? And maybe do we get drum-mag ones and not the others? Can we please, clarify this more?

A: There will be belt fed MGs; We did not say that there would not be any belt fed machine guns, only that it is tedious to implement at this time.

Q: Will there be an update or two before the closed beta? Or are we waiting for the closed beta to start? If it is possible to talk about this now.

A: Yes, there will be an update before the start of closed beta testing.

Q: Will stash and secure container upgrades be available with the closed beta start? If not, when do you plan to add those missions to upgrade this features in-game?

A: No, as we announced in the Hideout Announcement, the Hideout Feature is planned to be implemented in the Open Beta of Escape From Tarkov.

Q: Does the use of Sweetfx get a player banned? I would like to use it for tweak of the game look and mood of it on my liking. This is also allowed in other games. What is the stance of BSG on this?

A: No, SweetFX will not be detected and flagged as a cheat by our anti-cheat system. We are constantly making improvements to help catch and ban any player who wishes to gain an unfair advantage over other players.

Q: Does any use of macros get a player banned?

A: At this time, no. We do reserve the right to change this decision at any time. However, use of macros may/can cause unforeseen issues within the game, and it is not recommended to use them. 

Other questions that came up related with the Hideout announcement Information

Q: How do you plan to let death affect the game? If you die, do things like Radiation and other negative effects go away or do they stay?

A: We are considering the possibility of Radiation and other negative effects staying with the player after death.

Q: Does your health that you came out from the raid gets patched up right away just like the armor repair or do we have to take a time off and rest, etc? How does this work?

A: You will need to take care of those things in between raids. They will not be automatically fixed after every raid.

Again, we would like to thank everyone who submitted their questions in regards to the future Hideout feature coming to Escape From Tarkov. More will be announced and released in the upcoming future, so be sure to stay tuned for any and all Project News!

• Upvote 26

Awesome, thanks for all the info guys!

p.s.

It flatters me to see my own exact questions being answered, cheers! haha

Edited by alex8xela
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, ArmaSwiss said:

A: There will be belt fed MGs;

Gods of Tarkov listened and showed their love!

Thank you for all the good news.

• Upvote 3

I was worried with the lack of comunication lately, and since the open beta annoucement, i've gotta say that i'm a lot happier with how things are planned!

1 hour ago, ArmaSwiss said:

A: The Hideouts will be located in a secure zone within Tarkov, and will not be at risk of assault by Scavs or other players.

A: You will be able to reinforce the hide out’s entry door and install security cameras.

These two questions I am having trouble with. If the hideout doesn't get attacked then what's the point of upgrading the security features. Aesthetic? I mean that's fine I guess, but I kind of like the idea of having to secure the place or else someone might sneak in and steal some roubles or whatever. That would be a pain in the ass, but such is a fact of life if you don't secure your stuff it will get stolen lol.

Otherwise great Q/A!

• Upvote 3

I am a bit terrified by the health things carrying over to the next raid. At this time I die 50x in 1 evening just getting stuff in my gamma container.

@Alpha-30k please be more conscientious when quoting others and not quote an entire thing as it creates a cluttered and uncomfortable task for the other users I have edited your post to reflect it better

5 minutes ago, necuja said:

@Alpha-30k please be more conscientious when quoting others and not quote an entire thing as it creates a cluttered and uncomfortable task for the other users I have edited your post to reflect it better

Yeah, that was my mistake sorry @necuja. I CPed the two Q/A questions, but clicked quote instead of submit reply.

• Upvote 1

This is great, glad to see the responses. I'm sure this will put many a smile on players faces! :)

This makes no sense! Why should I increase security if it cant be attacked...???

If hideout will be in a secure zone whats the purpose of more security levels and cameras at his doors ? I dont get it. 

Here are some additional Questions and Answers:

Q. Will there be a link/tunnel between one hideout to another? 

A. Oh, no!

Q. Will there be interaction with the hideout environment?

A. Yes, we plan to add various kind of interaction with objects in the hideout.

Q. Will certain items be placed only in certain places? Like: food in the fridge and so on?

A. No, it won't be like that.

Q. (Similar to the question on the top post) - Will we be able to do something like a home decoration by moving things around?

A. Sorry, no!

Q. How does the treatment of the character inside the hideout work?

A. The treatment comes automatically. Regeneration is caused by the modules installed in the hideout. 

Q. Where can we find fuel for the generator?

A. You can find them in raids and also purchase them from traders.

Q. Is it possible to replace the fuel with batteries to get the generator going?

A. No, you cannot but you will need the batteries to build it.

Q. Will the appearance of the hideout vary on holidays? The general theme.

A. Possibly. We will see!

Q. When shooting in the shelter, does your ammo gets used up? For example: when using the shooting range.

A. No or else no one will use the shooting range.

Q. How does the fuel consumption work in the shelter? Does it get consumed when in the raid, menu, out of the game, etc?

A. It is consumed all the time, but if you do not want it consumed - you can "pull" the cans from the generator slots and then place them back when needed. You can manage your resources that way.

Q. Will alpha testers get something special in the interior to signify them?

A. Most likely, yes!

Q. Does the hideout operate in absence of resources?

A. Yes, it will but it will be very less productive.

• Upvote 4

thank you for the infos Natalino :)

but the i dont understand the answer with the shooting range. does that mean you cant use the shooting range in the hideout?

i think its very important that we can use the shooting range to test weapons before going into a raid.

best regards,

wh1tey

2 minutes ago, wh1tey said:

but the i dont understand the answer with the shooting range. does that mean you cant use the shooting range in the hideout?

i think its very important that we can use the shooting range to test weapons before going into a raid.

I think you read it wrong bud. It says this:

11 minutes ago, Natalino said:

Q. When shooting in the shelter, does your ammo gets used up? For example: when using the shooting range.

A. No or else no one will use the shooting range.

Of course, you will be able to use it. That is why it is there. But when you are shooting there, you won't lose your ammo. You can consider it something like the offline mode you currently have (Not necessarily the same, though). This is done so that players will be able to use the shooting range without being afraid of losing their ammo for a target practice.

Does this clear it up for you?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ArmaSwiss said:

A: There will be belt fed MGs; We did not say that there would not be any belt fed machine guns, only that it is tedious to implement at this time.

yes!!!!!!!!yessssssss so they are coming , just not a priority (good they shouldnt really be , maybe 1/2 but itd be better to get 30 other weapons of varying classes than just 6 machine guns right guys?)

2 hours ago, Surviv0r1969 said:

all diseases should die with you not carry over

Then what's to stop someone just taking off all their gear, running into a raid naked to suicide just to get rid of negative health statuses. It would defeat the purpose and counter intuitive to the medical system that will be in place.

Diseases will also be a deterrent for negative karma by killing your own faction, what's to also stop those players just doing exactly the same thing once they get their diseases/sickness easier.

Edited by Cravez
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, the original question was mine they answered on the health thingy, but i am really curious how they are gonna balance all this, between waiting too long to have your Radiation/other build up negative effects be healed, or it being to quick. Is gonna be a fine line to balance right, but still looking forward to it :)