necuja

Forum Moderation Team is Recruiting!

Hello, Escapers!

I'd like to announce we have begun taking applications for new Forum Moderators!
If you have an interest in joining the moderation team, please read through this post and submit your application through the link at the end!

Let's answer some questions that you may have?

What does a Moderator do?

A Moderator's prime task on the Escape From Tarkov forums is pretty easy. Help keep the forums orderly and easily accessible by removing/locking posts which clutter up the forums or are previously discussed topics. This helps cut down on repeated posts of the same topic and allows for unique discussions and conversations. Forum Moderators also handle punishments for rule violations based upon the forum rules, the violation in questions, and the nature of the violation. Things like this include, profanity, derogatory language or attitude, toxicity towards other forums users and creating a hostile discussion environment. The Escape From Tarkov forums is a place where both new players and older, more experienced players may converse, with players of various difference age groups, so ensuring everyone is able to find the answer to their question without being ridiculed by older, experienced players is a priority.

What do we look for in a Moderator?

When we are going over potential applications for Forum Moderators, we look at key indicators that help predict how effective a moderator that person may be. These include:

1. Forum Activity
  2. Written/Spoken Languages (Especially for Multilingual Forum Moderator Positions)
  3. Age/Maturity
  4. Positive Interaction with other Forum Users
  5. Previous Moderator or Supervisory Positions
  6. Gameplay/Technical Knowledge about Escape From Tarkov

What affects your Application negatively?

1. Previous Warning/Rule Violation History
  2. Forum Activity/New Users
  3. Negative Interaction with other forum users

What kind of Moderators are we looking for?

Currently, we are seeking to fill the following positions within our Forum Administration:

1. English-Speaking Moderator

If you wish to submit your application for Forum Moderation Team, please visit our GoogleDoc submission form and fill it out. We will be reviewing all applications and applicants, with an announcement made later on regarding our choices from the pool of applications.

Click here to Submit your Application to Become a Forum Moderator

I'd like to thank you all for taking your time to read this announcement, and for considering joining our Forum Moderation Team. To those who apply, may the odds be ever in your favor and may the best Applicant win!

• Upvote 1

The community is growing and with it, so shall the moderation staff to ensure the well being of the forum discussions. For those that do apply, please, apply not for power but to serve the community. Thank you and good luck!

• Upvote 1

Emissaries and moderators aren't the same, right?

It says on the application "... to become an emissary..." 

I know this is most likely a typo but thought I might just point it out :)

21 minutes ago, FaroeNoob said:

Emissaries and moderators aren't the same, right?

It says on the application "... to become an emissary..." 

I know this is most likely a typo but thought I might just point it out :)

where do you see this?

I would apply but i got the tendency to swear or insult ppl if i read stupid stuff..... or maybe i could turn that aggression into a productive cause like #Locked #Retardsshouldntpostonforums or something like that......

I guess its better i don t even think about it :(.

Good luck to all with better manners :D !!!

9 hours ago, necuja said:

where do you see this?

It's in the application form. I saw it too.

Hey guys , i have a little weird problem , i don't really know if it's just luck or something but ok , the problem is I can't download the BETA yet : "Beta test: You are ready for Beta testing!
We are preparing your beta access, please stand by."  

All my friends can actually download the game right now and i can't , i don't know why , i just bought the game exactly at the same time as my friend  . Any solution? thanks 

6 minutes ago, n3m3rp4 said:

Hey guys , i have a little weird problem , i don't really know if it's just luck or something but ok , the problem is I can't download the BETA yet : "Beta test: You are ready for Beta testing!
We are preparing your beta access, please stand by."  

All my friends can actually download the game right now and i can't , i don't know why , i just bought the game exactly at the same time as my friend  . Any solution? thanks 

Please post this in the right thread section the next time :)

The answer to your question is because the Tarkov servers are experiencing immense pressure right now due to the beta wave invites. Give them some time, thank you for your understanding.

Dear recruiter, please keep in mind that i applied with the link to my profile which has my old forum name. I changed my name in the meanwhile :)