Sign in to follow this  
African_Plz

Land Mines

Just a suggestion that i know a few people will hate, but hear me out. Imagine a sort of landmine that wasnt completely overpowered. Ie, it could easily be seen, dosent instantly kill you, maybe just takes out a leg or 2. They would have to be really rare obviously but i think they would be fun. I know people will hate me for even suggesting this, but thats just what it is, a suggestion.

• Upvote 3

I support this idea, it would be sick!

Just need to make them rare so people dot spamm claymores and landmines, and perhaps put a small sound making or small led flashing indicator on the mines/claymores to not make them completely overpowerd in dark areas.

Sounds like fun!

1 minute ago, jepremjan said:

Just need to make them rare so people dot spamm claymores and landmines, and perhaps put a small sound making or small led flashing indicator on the mines/claymores to not make them completely overpowerd in dark areas.

Sounds like fun!

Yeah, they would have to be balanced, but it would be fun laying traps for people.

1 minute ago, jepremjan said:

Sounds like fun!

Led would be unrealistic. Better make them rare and super expensive. 

Hey, this is Tarkov after all, and it's supposed to be realistic as far as it could.
Land mines should appear in game with full potential of ripping your legs off, but as someone said they shouldn't be common and cheap to avoid trap abuse all over the map. 

Maybe there should be some categories of mines to buy:

1) Booby traps, homemade small IED's  25% chance of triggering 
2) Outdated WW2 - Cold War mines with 50% chance of triggering
3) High end traps like Claymore with 100% chance of triggering 

All of them should be expensive and immposible to find on the map. 
First category could be "crafted" in Yegorovich shop, second should be able to buy for Russian Roubles and third one for dollars / euro.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, DrWestwood said:

Hey, this is Tarkov after all, and it's supposed to be realistic as far as it could.
Land mines should appear in game with full potential of ripping your legs off, but as someone said they shouldn't be common and cheap to avoid trap abuse all over the map. 

Maybe there should be some categories of mines to buy:

1) Booby traps, homemade small IED's  25% chance of triggering 
2) Outdated WW2 - Cold War mines with 50% chance of triggering
3) High end traps like Claymore with 100% chance of triggering 

All of them should be expensive and immposible to find on the map. 
First category could be "crafted" in Yegorovich shop, second should be able to buy for Russian Roubles and third one for dollars / euro.

Thats a good idea, i didnt think of the chances of triggering.

I think that, eventually, there's a good chance for something like this in the game; whether it's a bear trap or a claymore--but I agree that they should be somewhat rare to avoid them being spammed and becoming a nuisance/OP to players.

I don't know how this will fit into the lore, cause land mines have been banned for wartime use long ago. Would be funny though :)

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, AccelEvo said:

I don't know how this will fit into the lore, cause land mines have been banned for wartime use long ago. Would be funny though :)

i don't think anyone that fight for to survive in a broken down country with no government cares about what has been banned and what hasn't.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, LegendaryDragon said:

i don't think anyone that fight for to survive in a broken down country with no government cares about what has been banned and what hasn't.  

Yeah but , most of the mines are destroyed and disabled anyway. A few rare landmines remain.

High-end proxy mines wouldn't fit the game.

• Tripwire grenades - Ok 
  • BEARtraps - Ok
  • Empty Cans (for warning) - Ok
  • Maybe some IED? For scavs to ambush USEC?

Maybe some light infantry mines but no claymore etc. Just to give scavs a real chance to fortify their position. I mean if they have all that sandbags build, guard posts and cover. They could have done some defense/warning system as well.

Edited by FenrirInu
added IED

22 hours ago, AccelEvo said:

Yeah but , most of the mines are destroyed and disabled anyway. A few rare landmines remain.

But you could rig it up from wire and a nade!

I think they should be an ultra rare loot spawn and I mean ultra rare. 

1 hour ago, BooseOG said:

That would be good, then you need extra parts to craft it together and these would be hard to find or only spawn in a certain location

Designed to incapacitate not kill I laid and recovered thousands of these in Oman on the border with Yemen in the Middle East on tour up on the jebel. More commonly know as toe poppers.

No 7 Mk1 Dingbat mine: Dingbat.JPG.7c9eeb60a7a3070081680349fa1296de.JPG

The No 7 Mk 1 Dingbat mine is a British anti-personnel blast mine. The mine has a steel body, with a flexible pressure pad on the top surface. Under the pressure pad is a Belleville spring with a central striker. The fuse is slid into the side of the mine, a firing pin prevents the fuse being fully inserted until it is removed. The mine was intended to be scattered mechanically, and a number of systems were tested to scatter it. However, none were accepted into service, so the Dingbat mine was hand laid instead. The mine came with a small fabric cover to help hide it.

• Upvote 1

On 17/08/2017 at 10:37 PM, FenrirInu said:

High-end proxy mines wouldn't fit the game.

• Tripwire grenades - Ok 
  • BEARtraps - Ok
  • Empty Cans (for warning) - Ok
  • Maybe some IED? For scavs to ambush USEC?

Maybe some light infantry mines but no claymore etc. Just to give scavs a real chance to fortify their position. I mean if they have all that sandbags build, guard posts and cover. They could have done some defense/warning system as well.

I can get behind an M18 Claymore if they actually make it realistic. M18 Claymore are an unusual type of mine as they are remote detonated directional mines. In essence they are basically like a mega shotgun firing 100's of steel ball bearings at anything infront it, ideal for setting up ambushes.

The whole trip wire thing while possible is rarely used because it's impractical and mostly been glamorised in video games and movies.

I think the main issue about introducing land mines in the game is the extremely poor addition in matter of game design.

The PMCs players have no reason to put land mines somewhere or maybe  in the case of a camping strategy, and honestly it become a major problem recently(spawn kill, farming abuse etc...). Imagine spawn camping with land mines...

In case of hostiles chasing you, you could put a land mine to covert your escape, but in fact there is a high chance that somebody trigger it and died long time after you left the raid (dead or exfiltrated).

That will introduce tons of game abuses if you gain XP from that. Even if you don't get XP from that, there will be a large number of guys that will put them on the grounds just for the fun and trolling.

A late raid will be a minefield. The solution will be to vanish mines after the player left the raid and the impossibilly to insure this type of device, but it's only a partial workaround and a no skill game mechanic anyway.

Another major issue: unintentional friendly fire against others teammates (players and IAs) with all the due consequences like IAs which turn hostile, or bad karma (when it will be implented).

In the case of the scavs, the land mines could fit the lore (deadly checkpoint, land control etc...) but the game design will suffer from the same issues mentioned above.

BTW land mines are the cheapest way to establish a ground control strategy. Indeed those deadly passive weapons are massively produced at low cost.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:10 PM, BooseOG said:

now that my friend would be awesome. A wire and a nade so that those hatchlings cant sneak up on you that easy xD

4 hours ago, AccelEvo said:

now that my friend would be awesome. A wire and a nade so that those hatchlings cant sneak up on you that easy xD

Obv would need balancing to stop people just plopping on spawn

On 7/8/2017 at 2:16 PM, African_Plz said:

Just a suggestion that i know a few people will hate, but hear me out. Imagine a sort of landmine that wasnt completely overpowered. Ie, it could easily be seen, dosent instantly kill you, maybe just takes out a leg or 2. They would have to be really rare obviously but i think they would be fun. I know people will hate me for even suggesting this, but thats just what it is, a suggestion.

I dont hate you for saying this but it would be game breaking. It would be a super OP game-breaking camping weapon that you cant even see. "That only blows up one leg or 2" ... .what a weak poo. I will say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, if that ever comes out, everybody will remember your name huahahhahaa

On 19/8/2017 at 5:32 AM, FenrirInu said:

Claymore has laser proximity, wired, remote detonation.

We dont need more camping features

On 17/8/2017 at 10:50 PM, AccelEvo said:

what do you mean with banned for wartime?

Edited by Terminator01

12 hours ago, African_Plz said:

extraction*

well both but feel like people would place in spawns as is happening now with the camping

13 minutes ago, bi0tics said:

well both but feel like people would place in spawns as is happening now with the camping

Tbh. I have done over 300 raids and not once have I witnessed anyone camping the extraction.