MangoGP

bad sound engine..

I'm sorry but this sound engine isn't good..  and before you guy come and say that it's beta,please tell me.. is beta really a stage of develompment in which  devs  should focus on sound engine and what makes you believe that it's the subject to change? we are in beta.. beta isn't a time when devs should focus on changing / tweaking such a big things instead it's a time for final polishes before upcomming release.. game lacks so many promised features.. imo the only reason why they pushed this game to beta is lack of funds, and what better way of getting funds is than inviting everyone who pays to play..

Playing factory is a nightmare, can't count how many times i died to some guy with hatchet that i couldn't even hear.. one second when i look behind, it's clear, 2 seconds later i hear someone from behind swinging at me.. how does that even work i don't know, i understand if someone is sneaking up on me on the slowest speed possible, but with that paste, they couldn't be able to catch up to me in 2 seconds..

It's impossible to tell distance of fired shots on open maps, pointing out exact direction isn't easy either

When i hear someone sprinting in the factory i get paranoid, looking at every direction cuz I can't tell if some ducking hatchling is rushing me or is it someone above or below me,  or perhaps in a room next to me

Say what you want but for me sound is what makes or breaks the game, especially if it's tactical shooter where sound plays such a big role..

I'm using HD598s..

I still love this game and hope that everything works out

Edited by MangoGP
  • Upvote 5

I notice with some other games too, but this game has every footstep amplified and it seems worse. Factory shows this off. The locker room there on the 2nd floor, I believe, sounds like someone can be right across the row of lockers. But they're upstairs running around. Definitely offputting at times.

Yes i have issue with sounds aswell hard to place distance and locate the pos. really suck when try to get to a going on gun fight and come to the spot and nobody to see {woods}.

23 hours ago, MangoGP said:

beta isn't a time when devs should focus on changing / tweaking such a big things instead it's a time for final polishes before upcomming release.. game lacks so many promised features.. imo the only reason why they pushed this game to beta is lack of funds, and what better way of getting funds is than inviting everyone who pays to play..

Final polishing in early beta?
Game lacks so many promised features?.... It's early beta.
Lack of funds?
Yup, everyone who paid is now playing..

Do you have even the slightest idea of what you're talking about?

• Upvote 1

I completely agree. Coming from PUBG where the sound is polished this seemed so so broken to me. Absolute silence and than all of a sudden a running player is 1 ft from you with a knife. Just felt like a big mess sound wise.

• Upvote 1

On 8/9/2017 at 1:04 AM, AODqw97 said:

Lack of funds?

wow thanks for enlightening me, you look like someone who has idea about what they are talking about

first of all what's the difference between early beta and late one? for me and majority is the stage of polishment that new era of gaming has skewed your perception of that.. but i guess nowadays it's ok to push game to beta with only 4 maps ready and 80% of features missing

"Lack of funds?
Yup, everyone who paid is now playing.."

And how does that negate my theory that this game lacked funds before going to beta? and could you tell me from where you got that data, that you can throw such a  bold statement? even if so it's couple days into beta so that wouldn't be so suprising..

also you didn't say anything about what this whole  thread is all about

Edited by v3n0mou5
Derogatory attitude is prohibited
  • Upvote 1

Often sounds are muffled when they are very close to you, i was once killed by 2 pistol shots on factory, in the staircase, that sounded like they were in the room on the other side of the wall, but apparently they were behind me? Or just up the stairs slightly. Directional sound is very bad also as you can't tell if someone is above or below you on the stairs either.

Factory is particularity bad for this, but I'm sure the devs will fix it eventually, but unfortunately it's a vital part of game play and we will have to wait.

On 8/9/2017 at 1:04 AM, AODqw97 said:

Lack of funds?

And there is that one guy that misses the bigger picture and instead tries to talk someone down when they're just giving feedback.

Edited by v3n0mou5
Derogatory attitude is prohibited
  • Upvote 2

On 8/7/2017 at 6:43 PM, MangoGP said:

I'm sorry but this sound engine isn't good..  and before you guy come and say that it's beta,please tell me.. is beta really a stage of develompment in which  devs  should focus on sound engine and what makes you believe that it's the subject to change? we are in beta.. beta isn't a time when devs should focus on changing / tweaking such a big things instead it's a time for final polishes before upcomming release.. game lacks so many promised features.. imo the only reason why they pushed this game to beta is lack of funds, and what better way of getting funds is than inviting everyone who pays to play..

Playing factory is a nightmare, can't count how many times i died to some guy with hatchet that i couldn't even hear.. one second when i look behind, it's clear, 2 seconds later i hear someone from behind swinging at me.. how does that even work i don't know, i understand if someone is sneaking up on me on the slowest speed possible, but with that paste, they couldn't be able to catch up to me in 2 seconds..

It's impossible to tell distance of fired shots on open maps, pointing out exact direction isn't easy either

When i hear someone sprinting in the factory i get paranoid, looking at every direction cuz I can't tell if some ducking hatchling is rushing me or is it someone above or below me,  or perhaps in a room next to me

Say what you want but for me sound is what makes or breaks the game, especially if it's tactical shooter where sound plays such a big role..

I'm using HD598s..

i agree also 

• Upvote 1

i dont know but my sounds are perfect i can hear and pinpoint them exactly with my headset 

the only time the sound bugged is when im underneath factory near that exist and there running above me they sound like there right down with me.. 

but other then that the sound amazing 

i mainly play on factory so maybe the sound differnt on other maps but its perfect for me 

but i am useing 7.1 AStro a50's expensive headset so idk xD

the sound is a hit and miss right now.

the directional sound on a vertical axis is horrendous - you can barely tell what floor they are on, above or below or same.

the biggest annoyance is that i literally cant hear people run up to me if the terrain is concrete. if they are in the factory office - i can hear them fine. but otherwise no.

and my own footsteps sound like a goddamn tractor to me

the sound in quake 2 from 1997 is better then here.

I say this in december  to the DEV´s all what i here is from the Fanbosy, the sound is amazing

and 1 mod say it is Always in development

And not 1 patch or Post say one word what is going on with this bad sound.

Edited by Jack_Oneill
  • Upvote 1

Agree, coming from CS:GO and PUBG or any other game, the sound in this game is horrible, no vertical positioning, no distance difference, nothing, its like everything is on the same level and distance.

I am so glad to see others have same issue. I was starting to think my headset broke. All noise sounds at same distance on large maps and on factory close has no sound yet far away sounds close. This game, out of all the games i play needs directional, positional, tactical sound or it will literally only be half the game it could be. After seeing the attention to such a bad ass hardcore shooter i do believe the devs are definitely aware of it ( they have to be, it's too obvious  a problem) and definitely going do something better than this soon. For me Avatar "feel" and shooting "feel" are the only things more important than sounds. Graphics could be from the 90s as long a as the above is good..... I'm good

Look forward to seeing what the devs do with it. It might have something to do with them currently upgrading unity engines and quite possibly something easier than we think to implement.

Still i am impressed with this games mechanics and all else, all things considered. Keep it up BSG: i know you won't let us down on the sound.

I can't take much more of the chopped footsteps because character model sounds are overlapping... Awsome meta let me tell ya.

I completely agree.  

Vertical steps sound right on top of you and the positional audio is terrible.  

Before anyone says expensive headsets and what not - I have used my Asus Strix 7.1 real surround sound headset and currently use my Steelseries Arctis 7.  Both are awful.

I can hear the filling cabinets opening in factory office from my player spawn.  The only thing that seems accurately represented is the gun shot sounds.  Footsteps and interactions are broken completely.

Guys i wanted to let yall know about some software that is used to 3d image sound NOT 7.1 but more of 360 degree. Its made for vr where that really would matter. It is a free trial and for me with the settings on movie theatre and my 7.1 button off on my headset it really opens up the sound of tarkov and really helped allot with say, factory sound imaging. Try it if you want. Easy ennough to understand and download.  

http://www.waves.com/nx/mac-windows-app

make sure it is working simply by having sound playing and turning it off and on , there will be a very distinct change. the voice setting is kinda closed , the media more open feeling and movie VERY open feeling. I have closed back cans also. Usinf this leads me to believe the good sound we want is in the engine there is simply bugs that need to be worked out. Hope this helps. It really sounds good with it on and the 7.1 on on my cans but the position is way too messed up so just keep it off on your phones or in windows is my preference

Completely agree the sounds at the moment are horrendous, especially with hatchlings just appearing without a sound because of the broken engine.

Yeah, been like this since alpha.

Gunshots heard indoors are way off, amplified like it happened right outside... Meanwhile its 200m away.

Surface is broken on many levels. You can't walk with the slowest spees because you get stuck on invisible stuff, clip inside floor etc.

If you sprint long enough on dirt, walking on concrete or metal won't change the movement sound.

Yep, sound really needs improvement. Cant hear running hatchlings but i can hear the 1 guy with a silencer all the way on the other side of the map.

While I'm fairly certain that the glitches in sound can be relatively simply solved, it would be nice to have more distinctive surround sound without the implementation of the CommTacs. I'm running in 7.1, but it isn't uncommon for me to hear a team member moving on my left when they're actually above and to my right. While they're completely different games, an implementation similar to PlayerUnknown's sound engine would be ideal, as even in their currently released build directional indication through sound is instinctive even when people are just coming into the game for the first time.

Changes have to be made, and since Alpha the only differences I've seen from the first time I played are the additions of new gun sounds.

To me it seems that the biggest problem with the sound is that you can't tell a difference wheter someone is on the rafters in factory or on the floor next to you. I kill a guy in the big hall and hear the exact same footsteps from the right side but boom he is above me and gives me a headshot ... depressing.

I don't know if it's the samples, or the sound engine. But you can hear a lot of sounds that SOUND as if there's someone very close to you (ie. a firefight) and then you look in that direction, and it's nothing. You run several hundred meters, pass some hills, and go through some forest, and on the other side of the forest you find bodies from those who were shooting... what sounded like 10-20 meters away.

In Factory it's complete shambles. Particularly because it's such a vertical map. Sounds in Factory are the worst when it comes to locating the sources. You're sure that someone is walking on top of you, and you go to check. And nobody's there. Instead, moments later you hear them opening drawers on the third office floor - like way away from where you thought they were.

I play this game exclusively with a headset. And compared to other titles, the sound positioning is horrible. 

On 2017-08-08 at 1:43 AM, MangoGP said:

I'm using HD598s..

I completely agree with this one. Sound is waaaaaaaay off in this game xD it would help alot if fixing the sound would be in the priority list.