slenderminge14

What items to keep and what items to sell?

Just wondering, what items should I sell and what should I keep? I have about 8 DVD drives thinking that I may need them, but im not sure if I should just sell them as they are worthless when I havent even levelled the traders yet.

Also got gold chains, lots of pc parts, tool set, radio, spark plugs, es lamp etc.

• Like 1

Most of the loot items can be traded in to get like armor, guns, meds, etc. You have to check your traders for the exact offers. The higher the trader level the more stuff you can trade. Just check it out. But most of the stuff can be sold straight away because it's just not worth the space in your stash. You don't need to trade for some basic stuff that you can easily find on scavs and players - except for some very special things such as highend armor, special ammo, etc.

BTW:

Gold chains are pretty damn rare. You can trade those for chest armor having Skier on maximum level. So keep them ;) So are filters.

@ghost_chab is right. :) Keep the gold chains and gas mask filters for later. They are extremely rare. and Geiger Counters maybe ... if you want to play with AS-Val f.e. ;)

Everything else is something you can sell, cause you'll find it over and over again. :)

EDIT:
ES lamps and UV lamps ... you may hold the ES till you got Prapor on level 2, and the UV for level 3 ... its worth it.

Edited by COLanski
Added info

I just sell everything cause it's not worth the space in my inventory, stuff I keep : Ak's, shotguns and a few pistols, tac rigs filled with those pistols, some mags (not too much), stacked ammo and nades.
Also sell all med stuff that's no IFAK (bandages, car kits, salewa,..).
And of course backpacks in backpacks in backpacks,....

Search for Tarkov Advanced Guide on youtube for some tips.  As a rule of thumb, if you see something very often (i.e. it's no biggie getting your hands on 2-3) and you regularly see it for sale at the fence, I'd lose it without thinking too much about it.

Another consideration is how fast you are able to level. If something is sorta useful at highest trader level and you're struggling to get to rank 10, maybe you can make better use that inventory space?

Myself, I try not to hoard stuff and sell almost everything that I'm not immediately using (especially if it can be bought with little problems). I keep a bunch of attachments and a few tacticool rifles to dick around with in offline mode, a small stash of stuff  be useful sometime later, a stash of stuff I'll be taking out on raids with spare mags and whatnot, rest of the space is for stuff that I'm planning to sell and unload after scav runs.

If you're going to do tasks, here are some items worth stockpiling as you find them so you don't have to hunt them down later:

Therapist:

Tushonka (The flat one with a orange-red label), you need 30.

Morphine, you need 10 of them.

Gas Analyzers. You're going to need 4, one for one task and 3 for another.

Car batteries and Plugs. 4 batteries and 8 plugs.

Prapor:

Lower face masks. He'll want 10 I think.

These are the ones I can remember.

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Kitousha:

If you're going to do tasks, here are some items worth stockpiling as you find them so you don't have to hunt them down later:

Therapist:

Tushonka (The flat one with a orange-red label), you need 30.

Morphine, you need 10 of them.

Gas Analyzers. You're going to need 4, one for one task and 3 for another.

Car batteries and Plugs. 4 batteries and 8 plugs.

Prapor:

Lower face masks. He'll want 10 I think.

These are the ones I can remember.

For all the other items you need for quests, refer to the list i created :)

On 8/10/2017 at 5:52 AM, slenderminge14 said:

Just wondering, what items should I sell and what should I keep? I have about 8 DVD drives thinking that I may need them, but im not sure if I should just sell them as they are worthless when I havent even levelled the traders yet.

Also got gold chains, lots of pc parts, tool set, radio, spark plugs, es lamp etc.

If you haven't completed Ice Cream Cones, make sure to hold on to HDDs. Since they removed the 10k/60rnd trade, the only way to buy them (exept LvL4 Skier) is with 2 HDDs. Also, I'd hold onto tool sets, as two of them will get you a 74n from Prapor. Scav knives and mp153s are also pretty good, 10 knives for an MP5 and 4 153s for an M4 at Peacekeeper. 

If you have the stash space, 3 car and 3 rec. batteries will get you an SV-98, which I always sell for the 100k it gets you.

Edited by Mineace

One good thing that the devs could add is an tabbed section for trades on sellers characters ( sorry for my poor english ) because it s sometimes boring to look at every items to see ifet they are buyable or tradable ...