It appears the game has terminated with an error. Do you wish to report it?

This pops up every time i press play on the launcher. I press play, wait a couple of seconds without a secondary window opening and then it apparently crashes.

I tried to re-install the game + launcher and "run as administrator".

Any one have a fix for this?

• Upvote 3

So I also have this error. Ever since this last patch hit that I can't play. Everything is still the same as before and just started happening after the patch I did today. So not sure what to do.

This error comes up everytime I click play. Tried reinstalling the game completely same thing happens. Only started after this last patch.

Screenshot 2017-08-10 22.17.44.png

Same same...I've added an exception for the program but still not working.

I have reported this numerous times and only once did it work...seems like they did something at their end to allow me to play...but only once...looks very suspect to me.

15 hours ago, kwozzie said:

I have reported this numerous times and only once did it work...seems like they did something at their end to allow me to play...but only once...looks very suspect to me.

They have probably specifically targeted you as a bully :kappa:

When this happens to me, uninstalling the game and re-installing it do the job.

Same. As soon as i opened the game it crashed. But it worked the second attempt, also its been crashing for me lately when the loading gets to "matching". The game is not very reliable for me lately having it crash at least once a day.

I have this exact issue. I even reinstalled from scratch and had the same thing happen.
Tried running as admin too with zero luck. Bitdefender doesn't show any problems in the logs and I refuse to disable my entire firewall just to play a game

Edit: added BSGLauncher, CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe and EscapeFromTarkov.exe as firewall exceptions but still the same

Edit 2: Disabled the BitDefender Protection Shield and it loaded to a black screen with the Tarkov cursor. Didn't get any further though after waiting.
You can't manually add exclusions in BitDefender free but no issues are detected in the logs. Battlestate: you may need to have words with BitDefender dev

Edit 3: Cracked it!
Open your documents folder, rename or delete the Escape from Tarkov folder and launch again. The uninstall doesn't delete this folder so its trying to access old local.ini and share.ini files

Enjoy

Edited by Rive
added info
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2017 at 8:52 AM, Rive said:

I have this exact issue. I even reinstalled from scratch and had the same thing happen.
Tried running as admin too with zero luck. Bitdefender doesn't show any problems in the logs and I refuse to disable my entire firewall just to play a game

Edit: added BSGLauncher, CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe and EscapeFromTarkov.exe as firewall exceptions but still the same

Edit 2: Disabled the BitDefender Protection Shield and it loaded to a black screen with the Tarkov cursor. Didn't get any further though after waiting.
You can't manually add exclusions in BitDefender free but no issues are detected in the logs. Battlestate: you may need to have words with BitDefender dev

Edit 3: Cracked it!
Open your documents folder, rename or delete the Escape from Tarkov folder and launch again. The uninstall doesn't delete this folder so its trying to access old local.ini and share.ini files

Enjoy

I use bitdefender free too, have to turn off protection if i wish to play. Tried your edit 3 suggestion, didn't work for me :-(