CritMan

Why even have factions in this game, if...

...players are just allowed to team-kill you for literally no reason as you're spawning in?

The lack of a punishment for team-killing is quite ridiculous as a scavenger or PMC. A severe deduction to experience and money would be better than nothing.

There's pretty much nothing that's more annoying than being killed as a scav by your own team after waiting an hour to use your scav.

I hope this is fixed, and some form of punishment is put in place to keep the trolling to a minimum.

At least add VOIP to the game so that we can actually communicate, or text that appears above character heads as an anonymous speech bubble... just something...

• Upvote 2

I agree with some kind of comunicating. But well this topic about '' teamkilling'' is already bin put up alot of times... 

Its just how people play or wanna be.. in this game. Also its survival so in that situation people would backstab you IRL aswell. 

I dont like to get spawn killed {dont get me wrong} but its just how it is.. aswell maybe  a ''teamkiller'' would  let you loot first than kill you when you got a better gun them him.. 

Karma system isn't place yet. I doubt it'll stop Scav on Scav but it should deter people from killing their own USEC/BEAR once it is implemented.

• Upvote 1

It's pure troll gameplay, and that's just lame. It's not fun or challenging, nor is it actually playable. I've been killed multiple times as a scav a few seconds into the game just after the loading screen and I feel like playing as a scav is an absolute waste of time. It doesn't surprise me that people are complaining about it, it's a terrible game design choice.

I just hope they will not let this game go into just into a glorified pvp shooter like it is atm. we could have something really special, but as long as we have scav killing scavs, pmcs just killing on sight their own ppl, this will never happen imo.

• Upvote 1

I was told "works as intended, komrad". 
If that's the case, they seriously need to re-evaluate their ideas for this game. 
It makes no sense to have factions if literally everyone can get away with killing everyone else with no consequences. 

There will always be "team killers" but right now its just a free for all, which I kinda like.

Its nerve wrecking never knowing who or what is around the corner, but its most likely hostile.

But 9/10 times its just a poor hatchling that walks into my Kedr B|

• Upvote 1

If the entire design is to make something's purpose have no purpose then they're on the right path.

I would much prefer to create my own faction with friends and have big clan wars instead of these pointless groups that have no meaning - you'd then at least know who's friendly and who isn't.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully when they implement the karma system it will balance things out as it will cause negative effect for the teamkiller players.  It's the nature of the beast that we play unfortunately :bebad:

Just like the rest of the content we paid for; the fabled karma system has been spoken about in the shadows for over a year. The current release isn't even a proper beta, it's pretty much a 1.1 alpha.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb roozvonbooz:

There will always be "team killers" but right now its just a free for all, which I kinda like.

Its nerve wrecking never knowing who or what is around the corner, but its most likely hostile.

But 9/10 times its just a poor hatchling that walks into my Kedr B|

this 100%

I don't know why people get the idea of this beeing a "Team" game... if you want a team, just ask your friends and be done with it... for me those "Factions" are just models... the only reason to choose is which weapons and skills (later) you want to have...

Especially as Scav... as I share the opinion of it beeing lame to kill AI scavs, it definitly is intended to be a rogue who is just in raids to SCAVENGE whatever comes across...

there arent even enough people in a single raid to just simply not harm 50% of them... especially on maps like shoreline and customs...

Maybe I'm wrong but I think you guys don't get what this game is all about... pvp... future will show

as for now I think it would ruin the game if you have to choose the player you kill... it would be a freakin' walking simulator then...

Edited by Elblackwoodo

8 minutes ago, Elblackwoodo said:

this 100%

I don't know why people get the idea of this beeing a "Team" game... if you want a team, just ask your friends and be done with it... for me those "Factions" are just models... the only reason to choose is which weapons and skills (later) you want to have...

Especially as Scav... as I share the opinion of it beeing lame to kill AI scavs, it definitly is intended to be a rogue who is just in raids to SCAVENGE whatever comes across...

there arent even enough people in a single raid to just simply not harm 50% of them... especially on maps like shoreline and customs...

Maybe I'm wrong but I think you guys are wrong on what this game will become... maybe am I... future will show

as for now I think it would ruin the game if you have to choose the player you kill... it would be a freakin' walking simulator then...

you er............missed all what the devs said themselves then did you lol? Evidently.................the devs want this tied to the real world as much as really can be done , Russian secret police won't go round murdering each other willy nilly........not going to happen

The factions are far , far more than just models....................I suggest you look it up.

You're not thinking about it right , the game is not going to be in the play state it is now , theres no story , no side mission from traders , blind fire, radios , ai work , biological and radiological hazards and so much more.

Anyway Karma gives EVERYONE the choice , murder your own faction or not and deal with the consequences , its really simple............I bet half the game population don't even know USEC and BEAR work together at the end because of the story......

Edited by CptBluemax
  • Upvote 1

vor 11 Minuten schrieb CptBluemax:

you er............missed all what the devs said themselves then did you lol? Evidently.................the devs want this tied to the real world as much as really can be done , Russian secret police won't go round murdering each other willy nilly........not going to happen

The factions are far , far more than just models....................I suggest you look it up.

You're not thinking about it right , the game is not going to be in the play state it is now , theres no story , no side mission from traders , blind fire, radios , ai work , biological and radiological hazards.

well as this maybe, I will suggest the game having more people beeing spawned in a single raid... because like I stated before you will have encounter in like every 1 out of 10 raids... I always KOS because I want to freakin pvp... don't even need the loot anymore...

also... how will a karma system stop people from temkilling?

example: yesterday I was on about to extract on Woods when someone came along and wiggled at me... usually I just ignore it and let em run along (when its a hatchling) but I just thought of giving it a try and teamed up with him... after some time I gave this guy my AK U because I thought he's a newbie (my stash beeing too full as it is anyway)... he took it and we went to extract... as I extracted he just shot me in the back...

soo... how will a karma system stop such people to do so? he had my best weapon already... there was no good reason to do it.. it is just kind of trolling which some people enjoy over everthing... there is no penalty extreme enough to stop people from doing so... because I doubt the penalty will be to be not able to play anymore... and I doubt also it will result in not beeing able to keep the loot as it will be unrealistic as it is..

just wondering... I atleast think the game will be much more of a boring walking simulator if you are not allowed to kill whoever and whenever you want.. is it just... realistic... and for people who like Teamplay there is still  always  the option to play with your friends... don't know why you would want to rely on strangers

Zitat

If the entire design is to make something's purpose have no purpose then they're on the right path.

I would much prefer to create my own faction with friends and have big clan wars instead of these pointless groups that have no meaning - you'd then at least know who's friendly and who isn't.

exactly...

Edited by Elblackwoodo

15 minutes ago, Elblackwoodo said:

this 100%

Maybe I'm wrong but I think you guys don't get what this game is all about... pvp... future will show

Then tell me, as you seem to think you know everything; why are there factions in the game if it's not a team based game? Saying "it's PvP based" is a lame excuse for being spawn-killed within a couple of seconds after waiting an hour to use a scav. That's not even mentioning scav's having terrible RNG on their loot. It's bad game design, plain and simple.

vor 33 Minuten schrieb CritMan:

Then tell me, as you seem to think you know everything; why are there factions in the game if it's not a team based game? Saying "it's PvP based" is a lame excuse for being spawn-killed within a couple of seconds after waiting an hour to use a scav. That's not even mentioning scav's having terrible RNG on their loot. It's bad game design, plain and simple.

dude... what? I already stated that I maybe wrong.... where have I ever said I know everthing?

and beeing spawn kiled is a whole other topic than beeing teamkilled isnt it?

This has been brought up and discussed quite a few times already. When the karma system is implemented people will be punished for faction killing.

Also tarkov is designed to promote teaming up, the devs have even stated you can play solo but it'll be harder. 

We will see arm bands and a small customization system implemented later to help identify teammates and similar faction easier.

Of course kos will always be present, but bsg is determined to implement systems to deter it in some way in the future