Blackb1rd

Escape from Tarkov at GamesCom 2017

Dear players!

This year, Battlestate Games once again participates in the largest gaming exhibition

in Europe - Gamescom, which will be held in Cologne, Germany. This year, EFT will provide an opportunity for the press to try out the gameplay of the long-awaited closed beta and new game mechanics - the system of quests and tasks.

The quest system is largely based on various tasks that are handed out to player by traders. By solving these tasks, the player improves reputation with the traders, unlocks new quests, receives experience and rewards. Step by step, performing one quest after another, player dives deeper into the world of EFT.  Gradually gathering pieces of information on what's happening in the city, players will study the motivations of the traders, evaluate them and choose sides which seem the most natural and closest to their characters. Some of the quests impose penalties and/or restrictions on the time of completion, some may dramatically harm relations with other traders. The nature of tasks can be different: search for item, search for specific spots, trading tasks, tasks related to interaction with other traders, target neutralization jobs, radio beacon and jamming devices installations, etc.

Moreover, those who can’t come to Cologne, won’t be forsaken either! For them, there will be a live broadcast from the Twitch stage show (Wednesday August 23nd at 3:30pm - 3:45pm // 15:30 - 15:45 CEST) during which we will show you the quest gameplay, answer to your questions and stage a CBT access keys giveaway.

• Chinese Translation can be found here
  • French Translation can be found here
  • Czech Translation can be found here
  • Italian Translation can be found here
  • Lithuanian Translation can be found here
  • Polish Translation can be found here
  • Finnish Translation can be found here
  • Dutch Translation can be found here 
  • Turkish Translation can be found here 
  • Portuguese Translation can be found here

x_gamescom_Logo_A_RGB.jpg

• Upvote 37

Ok now i understand this Bad Beta Content.

You have wait for the Gamescom, thats a little bit amusing.

I dont hyped i wait for this Content to long.

But no matter thx.

• Upvote 3

I have one question about tasks/quests. 

This reflection came to me yesterday when I started to frustrate what most of my raids look like today: in 9 out of 10 cases, the only contact I have with the other players is on the spawn.

For me it would be great if some of the quests were based on occupying and defending objects on the map for a certain time (eg 30 minutes). This would allow you to break a simple raid scheme: go in, kill, run. The task I am about to do is to get from spawn to a specific point on the map, take it from the SCAV, and then prepare the defense and proper defense.

Are you planning on introducing these types of tasks?

• Upvote 3

vor 1 Minute schrieb vinis88:

I have one question about tasks/quests. 

This reflection came to me yesterday when I started to frustrate what most of my raids look like today: in 9 out of 10 cases, the only contact I have with the other players is on the spawn.

For me it would be great if some of the quests were based on occupying and defending objects on the map for a certain time (eg 30 minutes). This would allow you to break a simple raid scheme: go in, kill, run. The task I am about to do is to get from spawn to a specific point on the map, take it from the SCAV, and then prepare the defense and proper defense.

Are you planning on introducing these types of tasks?

Totaly agree on that. Would be nice or go even further for example USECS get the task to defend and Bear the task to conquer. 

• Upvote 1

Can a Dev confirm if this is something we'll see before or around gamescom or if it's a separate built and we are still a while from release.

Just before people get hyped over nothing. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, VoodooTFN said:

Can a Dev confirm if this is something we'll see before or around gamescom or if it's a separate built and we are still a while from release.

Just before people get hyped over nothing. 

My guess is it will be a separate build running on an onsite server so they can try and hide all the latency and desync issues from the press that we experience on the daily.

• Upvote 6

I have the quests already though???

The objective ---> Stay on any server without getting dc'd within 2 minutes.
The reward ---> Actually play the game and get at least 1 EXP point.

• Upvote 9

20 minutes ago, Wiseb1rd said:

The quests will be in OPEN BETA

Source? I was hoping for an update before gamescon allowing us to play quests. I am being optimistic I think.