Blackb1rd

Escape from Tarkov at GamesCom 2017

Guys, I may be wrong, but to be honest I'm pretty confident that the quests will come sometimes shortly after Gamescom. I have no proof for this, but i'm just assuming that all the hype built up at gamescom will give the game a larger name and will start talk about the game, given it a larger player base and ultimately making more money. A week or so after gamescom the devs might release the update for everyone. The reason I believe they wont do it before gamescom is because so many people would stream it and make videos on it and it would kill the hype created. Plus other large companies are doing it, like Ubisoft. With Rainbow Six Siege they're showing off the update at gamescom so i guess Battlestate may do the same. 

Anyways, i could be horrifically wrong, but we just need to wait and see :) 

• Upvote 1

oh wow im so glad to be a German right now.

i'll try my best to bring my butt to cologne since i dont really live far away :D

I'm 100% for further development and bettering the game however, I can't fathom how you can add more features namely quests and so forth that will be amazing but your core game is missing so much? I wouldn't be asking this if any of the senior devs were to just communicate a bit better and give us an actual timeframe for things. I am from Oceania region and we have 0 dedicated servers and so that leads to numerous problems we are dragging down servers all around the world because we are connected to servers so far away. I (and I'm sure everyone else) wouldn't care at all if you guys don't have the funds or what not however the lack of letting anyone know anything is a tad frustrating...

I love the game and I know so many people who are willing and wanting to buy/ upgrade once the base game and I mean without quests, tasks and whatnot is solid.

Much love hope you guys rock at Gamescon and make a buttload of money for some servers ;)

13 minutes ago, cambo751 said:

devs pls add track ir support and how bout hand signals for non verbal communication !!!!

hand signals.jpg

I think hand and arm signals could be useful, maybe hotkey them to the numpad?

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Woodsen_Moosen said:

I think hand and arm signals could be useful, maybe hotkey them to the numpad?

hand Signals were shown in the 2016 dev blog, But I don't think they ever got into the release.

11 hours ago, VoodooTFN said:

I was saying that we do not have access to the quests so when it is shown it will be in a private server with other bsg staff most likely.

I just hope it's not scripted like other FPS games at E3 and total misrepresentation of the game in it's current state.

Because they don't want to show off game breaking desync and hatchlings to the world at gamescom. 

Showing the game in a closed environment that misrepresents the game would be bad if it brings an influx of streamers etc and all they get is desync it will give the game a bad name, when lirik streamed it he had a ton of desync all night and he called it a trash early access game. 

Lirik and other streamers also play another game with severe de-sync(I won't name it but it's top 3 and a battle royale game)... it doesn't help the game but i'm not sure its a game-breaker.  Many games struggle with this but with a map only holding <20 players at a time we should not be experiencing it as much as we do currently.  The solution seems relatively simple, put people with similar pings into the same servers and time them out if they lag.  I have a stable cable connection and ping at like 15... I still get killed regularly by people that seem to teleport.  Capping peoples pings will result in longer que times though and the possibility of disconnects if you are on a connection that hiccups.

TL;DR  Desync happens, i hope they fix it, streamers play another game with desync all day currently

• Upvote 1

You talk about Twitch stream but what Twitch channel will you use? (i don't want to miss the giveaway! -well, quest info too,really, but giveaway!! :P -).

;)

19 hours ago, Woodsen_Moosen said:

Escapers, be advised that discussion of moderator actions on the forums is prohibited, as mentioned by @Lewisuk

Any further discussion will be met with repercussions. Stay on topic, everyone.

I think people would just like an answer as to why we are not getting to test out the quest system first, and if we are not when will we be? Its a fair question

31 minutes ago, shazzer2406 said:

I think people would just like an answer as to why we are not getting to test out the quest system first, and if we are not when will we be? Its a fair question

This is a fair question and will definitely be answered as soon as we can :) at this time they plan to showcase it and give people a preview of what it will entail as they have done with other features such as scav mode. 

they introduced it at the gdc earlier this year before implementing it into the game. We should expect to see it in full force soon after this unveiling tho

well this kind of sucks, so we have to wait for the media before we get to see it.

We'll probably have to wait another month before we might get to try the new content. mmmm. I don't know, most of my friends have already reached lvl30 and are no longer playing, because there is nothing more to do.

Hopefully this quest system will have some meat in it so that we don't get bored fast.

Will we be getting a server update anytime soon? 

Obviously desync and servers is the sticking point for everyone, But it feel like the focus now will be on the Gamescom build and making sure it flawless with a perfect server to avoid bugs etc. 

The " 5k new servers " has been going around for a while now, and whether it be a small indie studio or a AAA team its cutting close to the amount of time it would take to add more servers/find server providers globally. 

Even if servers are added in slowly. 

People are starting to get the feeling that we are left in the lurch while the rest of the world will get to see a flawless experiance at Gamescom that isn't what the current playerbase has day to day.

I know its beta, But once you put a product up for a cash buy in, Early access or beta/alpha, You have launched. You have released your current build to the world and with the whole YT and Twitch mass advertising from people playing the game the desync is more in focus now beta has launched. 

When you see X streamer get desync, We know its a pain, we all get it. But the people who have come to check the game out, Are not gonna show any interest when something as fundamental to the game as good servers still isn't fixed while the game is off to gamescom. Battlestate has experience in multiplayer games so I don't see why the issue has persisted for so long. 

Don't think im just pooping on the game, I love it. I really do, Its one of my favorite games ive played in a long time. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Extremity said:

well this kind of sucks, so we have to wait for the media before we get to see it.

We'll probably have to wait another month before we might get to try the new content. mmmm. I don't know, most of my friends have already reached lvl30 and are no longer playing, because there is nothing more to do.

Hopefully this quest system will have some meat in it so that we don't get bored fast.

You're right. I've got that same feeling about the game. Running and looting plus realistic gun mechanics, and gameplay etc. can be addictive  but it gets repetitive and even playing with mates does not give as much fun as it was when You firs got the access to play. We'll see in what direction devs will take this ambitious project because teasing and building the hype Will eventually make people lose their interest  in the game...

• Upvote 1

Why push forward with quests when the major server issues are still plaguing and hampering testing/gameplay? I'd like to be excited for quests and more content, though the game in its current state is unplayable =/

vor 15 Minuten schrieb mamback:

You're right. I've got that same feeling about the game. Running and looting plus realistic gun mechanics, and gameplay etc. can be addictive  but it gets repetitive and even playing with mates does not give as much fun as it was when You firs got the access to play. We'll see in what direction devs will take this ambitious project because teasing and building the hype Will eventually make people lose their interest  in the game...

I think they cannot showcase it and then not release it. This would be a big marketing mistake and i would guess that they know this. Would be a verry big shitstorm. But i have to say that i am sick of these imprecise information which the devs / mods give us.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Izrid:

Why push forward with quests when the major server issues are still plaguing and hampering testing/gameplay? I'd like to be excited for quests and more content, though the game in its current state is unplayable =/

I would say because different people work on different things. Development of content requires different knowledge then fixing servers. 

• Upvote 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb Extremity:

Well...

You and me are not important anymore. They do not need to sell us the game, we already bought it and there are no refunds. This is the reality of business. I think a lot of people here should face that reality. You are a customer foremost and that's it. They also need at least something "exclusive" to show at Gamescom. Nobody from the press would take their time to watch something at Gamescom if they could already see it in the normal beta. The Gamescom also gives BSG the chance to only show the aspects that they want to show. I doubt the press has to worry about things like bad servers, desync, axe running etc. there. 

• Upvote 1

vor 12 Minuten schrieb MeFirst:

Well...

You and me are not important anymore. They do not need to sell us the game, we already bought it and there are no refunds. This is the reality of business. I think a lot of people here should face that reality. You are a customer foremost and that's it. They also need at least something "exclusive" to show at Gamescom. Nobody from the press would take their time to watch something at Gamescom if they could already see it in the normal beta. The Gamescom also gives BSG the chance to only show the aspects that they want to show. I doubt the press has to worry about things like bad servers, desync, axe running etc. there. 

Spot on. But i need to add that we are not just customers. In a certain way they need us. Imagine that 90% of the palyers stop playing. There will be a big chunk of people missing which could recommend the game to their friends and to stop that from happening they need to release something to get rid of the dissapointed people when the beta startet with just some new items and a half map.

Edited by cleptomanix
  • Upvote 1

Player recommendation is (sadly) overrated. Most influence these days come from so called "Influencer's" aka Youtubers/Streamers and the press. Money wise it also does not make a huge difference. Most games these days make the overwhelming number of sales during pre-order and release.

BSG also already has their next project (Russia 2028) in the pipeline. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MeFirst said:

BSG also already has their next project (Russia 2028) in the pipeline. 

Any place i can read about that? Is the Stalker like game, right?