Blackb1rd

Escape from Tarkov at GamesCom 2017

46 minutes ago, JFRR said:

Any place i can read about that? Is the Stalker like game, right?

It was mentioned here

• Upvote 1

It would be awesome if there was some sort of reputation tab where everything you do in tarcov affects the reputation of people. Lets say a scav heavy area like in a rural map will welcome you with open arms if you are constantly fighting with bear and usec combined. Or you can go the normal route and gain your rep with your faction and their traders that are more geared towards your faction (peacekeeper=usec, prapor=bear?), and the scavs will treat you the as hostile. 

I just think there has to be some real world implication for killing your own faction. Lets say killing your own faction will then lower your reputation with the faction trader?

I love the game though keep up the good work! 

Am 17.8.2017 um 09:34 schrieb Blackb1rd:

there will be a live broadcast from the Twitch stage show (Wednesday August 23nd at 3:30pm - 3:45pm // 15:30 - 15:45 CEST) during which we will show you the quest gameplay, answer to your questions

1. Ok First Why only 15 mins of show stuff it's Not muche Time.

2. Why can no one Play The Game on gamescom to trie it out ?

3. Will You be there for The Full week or just for 1 day ?

4. Why only press Guys Test the quests???? That is not cool they have no idea to test this and we cant still play on gamescom Escape ?

I will be there on 23th and 24th i Hope to See something about Escape or i will be get sick and Go crying back home 440km (Miles) !!! i Want a answear to My questions please :) hopefull with good news :o

vor 4 Stunden schrieb akito1233:

1. Ok First Why only 15 mins of show stuff it's Not muche Time.

2. Why can no one Play The Game on gamescom to trie it out ?

3. Will You be there for The Full week or just for 1 day ?

4. Why only press Guys Test the quests???? That is not cool they have no idea to test this and we cant still play on gamescom Escape ?

I will be there on 23th and 24th i Hope to See something about Escape or i will be get sick and Go crying back home 440km (Miles) !!! i Want a answear to My questions please :) hopefull with good news :o

I can give you some answers here. I visited the Gamescom in Cologne three times. The first time with a developer and the other times as press. 

A booth at the Gamescom is pretty expensive. This goes especially for a booth that is in the public area of the gamescom. A lot of smaller Devs can only afford a very small booth in the business area of the convention. This area is not accessible for public visitors. Some people don't even have a booth at all. Two years ago I had a interview with the guy who does Everspace. He only had a laptop and we meet at a specific time in one of the "chill out" areas inside the business area. Most small devs I visited only did presentations and then you could ask some questions. I only remember two devs giving you the opportunity to play the game itself and those were "larger devs".

Another thing is the current state of the game itself. If you only do a presentation, you are in complete control of what people can see. This means you get a better feedback in articles written by the press. You are also less likely to get "bad" questions after the presentation if something you show does not work properly 

12 hours ago, necuja said:

It was mentioned here

Thanks, i was expecting something more that just a name but ok xD .

About Twitch channel to follow the stream? any idea or not yet? (the worse is i don't know if i will be at home to see it live =( :P ).

2 hours ago, JFRR said:

Thanks, i was expecting something more that just a name but ok xD .

About Twitch channel to follow the stream? any idea or not yet? (the worse is i don't know if i will be at home to see it live =( :P ).

We will advertise a thread to announce what the channel will be :)

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, necuja said:

We will advertise a thread to announce what the channel will be :)

Oh, nice, thank you :) .

On 8/19/2017 at 9:52 AM, Ceramicwhite said:

Honestly, I believe if they don't add VOIP for the open beta it'll be a flop.

I could almost see that; but most people these days are using Discord or TS3 (if still in the past/have a permanent server hosted) so most people that play with friends don't have many issues. Though, it would be nice to communicate with other USEC's and possibly even be passive with other BEAR's. That said, I personally dislike playing the game without a group of at least 3 because it loses all of the tactical feeling; holding down a spot is amazing. Can't wait for quests to make it even better and force USEC and BEAR players to work together on the arm/disarm quests. 

Really Hyped about the quest, but there is a major issue that needs to be fixed first, which is lack of servers and desync 

• Upvote 1

There will be a Interview/Show off on the German gamesite Gamestar as livestream.
Gamestar hat wieder ein eigenes programm für die Gamescom wo sie Spiele vorstellen und interviews machen mit den Entwicklern im livestream.
Donnerstag, 24. August 18:00 Uhr gibt es eine Interview mit Escape from Tarkov entwickler auf https://www.twitch.tv/gamestarde oder https://www.youtube.com/user/GameStarDE

On 8/18/2017 at 0:01 PM, MrTeddypicker said:

I'm 100% for further development and bettering the game however, I can't fathom how you can add more features namely quests and so forth that will be amazing but your core game is missing so much? I wouldn't be asking this if any of the senior devs were to just communicate a bit better and give us an actual timeframe for things. I am from Oceania region and we have 0 dedicated servers and so that leads to numerous problems we are dragging down servers all around the world because we are connected to servers so far away. I (and I'm sure everyone else) wouldn't care at all if you guys don't have the funds or what not however the lack of letting anyone know anything is a tad frustrating...

I love the game and I know so many people who are willing and wanting to buy/ upgrade once the base game and I mean without quests, tasks and whatnot is solid.

Much love hope you guys rock at Gamescon and make a buttload of money for some servers ;)

Definitely need Oceanic servers!!! Even without desync we're half a second behind everything.

I like the concept of quests, actually quests are necessary to keep people playing the same raids over and over and over again. And I really hope we get it on the beta directly after gamescom.

All that new planned stuff sounds nice and all, but so did the stuff they announced half a year ago.

Time for some serious results!

• Upvote 1

Just my two cents here. 

Not comming up with a major update and some serious desync fix RIGHT after the gamescom would be the dumbest thing one can do from a strategic perspective. 

As someone said they are about to build up a hype, showing new stuff on gamescom, which may result in people buying EFT in its actual state. Those people will soon recognize the bad condition EFT is in and will get mad. After reading the forums for 15 minutes they turn from mad into really freaking mad, because they recognize all the problems existed long long before. And if more people show up in EFT, the already heavily underperforming servers will suffer more load which leads directly to more problems. 

The desync is still the major problem and everyone is cheering about some new stuff they can't even enjoy, due to the lack of serverperformance. All other stuff just adds up on the list (Ai, glitches, scope fps drops etc.) Also the Oceanic guys don't even have their own servers by now, wich can be considered as a straight kick to the face.

Showing the "Real online EFT" at the gamescom is just impossible. Everybody would see the full bandwidth of problems including the way EFT is played by now (hatchlings etc) which directly leads to bad publicity. So there will be a local Running "show" of things they want EFT to become - not what it is right now.

There will be a gamestar interview with the EFT guys in wich I am really interested in - hopefully they are asking the right questions.

And don't get me wrong guys, I totally want EFT to hit like a bomb once done, but the way BSG tries to approach their goals just drives me nuts. There are 100 ways to improve the situation by just communicate in a proper way and so much opportunitys shown to make things better without spending tons of money or doing anyone any harm. But you can push people's noses right into these opportunities and they still totally ignore them.

• Upvote 6

Woke up this morning and remembered today is the day xD .

Any news about the Twitch channel? There is just a few hours left!

On 8/21/2017 at 7:50 PM, OhDaeSou said:

Just my two cents here. 

Not comming up with a major update and some serious desync fix RIGHT after the gamescom would be the dumbest thing one can do from a strategic perspective. 

As someone said they are about to build up a hype, showing new stuff on gamescom, which may result in people buying EFT in its actual state. Those people will soon recognize the bad condition EFT is in and will get mad. After reading the forums for 15 minutes they turn from mad into really freaking mad, because they recognize all the problems existed long long before. And if more people show up in EFT, the already heavily underperforming servers will suffer more load which leads directly to more problems. 

The desync is still the major problem and everyone is cheering about some new stuff they can't even enjoy, due to the lack of serverperformance. All other stuff just adds up on the list (Ai, glitches, scope fps drops etc.) Also the Oceanic guys don't even have their own servers by now, wich can be considered as a straight kick to the face.

Showing the "Real online EFT" at the gamescom is just impossible. Everybody would see the full bandwidth of problems including the way EFT is played by now (hatchlings etc) which directly leads to bad publicity. So there will be a local Running "show" of things they want EFT to become - not what it is right now.

There will be a gamestar interview with the EFT guys in wich I am really interested in - hopefully they are asking the right questions.

And don't get me wrong guys, I totally want EFT to hit like a bomb once done, but the way BSG tries to approach their goals just drives me nuts. There are 100 ways to improve the situation by just communicate in a proper way and so much opportunitys shown to make things better without spending tons of money or doing anyone any harm. But you can push people's noses right into these opportunities and they still totally ignore them.

I absolutely Second this post. I don't think i'll have to time to watch the Livestream but i hope they Keep the VOD to see what's said in the interview. This game has drove me so far up the wall with the ridiculous bugs, Glitches, AI and the dreaded Desync. If they address these issues and at the very least promise to fix it soon, i'll be a happy man.

I wish you all the luck and for the sake of the future of the game, hope you fixed desync for showing it to the world =)
Goodluck , cya on stream!

6 minutes ago, r3leaser said:

https://www.twitch.tv/twitch

3:30 - 3:45 PM (15:30 - 15:45) CEST

afaik :-)

Thought it was going to be their own stream or even on Klean stream.

Thanks for posting, hope it is there (and i don't miss the giveaways of beta :P ).

Edited by JFRR

On 20/08/2017 at 6:13 PM, soulraiser said:

I could almost see that; but most people these days are using Discord or TS3 (if still in the past/have a permanent server hosted) so most people that play with friends don't have many issues. Though, it would be nice to communicate with other USEC's and possibly even be passive with other BEAR's. That said, I personally dislike playing the game without a group of at least 3 because it loses all of the tactical feeling; holding down a spot is amazing. Can't wait for quests to make it even better and force USEC and BEAR players to work together on the arm/disarm quests. 

thats not a way of meeting players in game tho is it, thats fine if you already know somebody who plays or you wanna spend hours and hours adding random players in hope to chat. voip IS ESSENTIAL for this game and is a must