weeping-pirate

We reproduced serverwide desync, also able to undo it. *CUSTOMS*

14 minutes ago, livecats said:

Great work! I just wanted to add my desync findings. Hope this helps.

The customs dorms seem to be the issue for me. I can rush there with no issues, but as I start looting, and other players arrive the desync starts. To the point where I can wait for 20+ mins with no resolve. Guns that do not reload, blinking items in inventory, non responsive gun switching. 

Any actions I take seem to be added to a queue, as soon as I leave the dorms area the queue starts to complete. For example I dropped my vest and a clip during desync, when I walked away my vest and clip suddenly drop.

This happens each time, and I do not have a factory key. It's possible that some instances have to do with the shortcut door, but I usually check it and have never found it unlocked. 

Did you open any doors in the dorms when the desync occured? Could be that it's not just shortcut door but multiple/all unlockable doors.

• Upvote 1

And this is how you properly test a game. Not crying in the forums but actually testing.

Let's give this man a standing ovation. He and his friends deserved it.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Skemba said:

And this is how you properly test a game. Not crying in the forums but actually testing.

Let's give this man a standing ovation. He and his friends deserved it.

We thank you sir , and all the positive reactions didnt expect this much loving =0  <3

omg thats so crazy! I have been doing pistol runs for the document folder today and i had tons of desync! I wondered why since I was actually spared with major desync the last few days. had similar results when i relogged --> spawning 10-20 meter in front of the shortcut! 

seriously makes sense! if thats helping the devs to fix it, i feel you guys should get rewarded!

n1!

@weeping-pirate An in-depth report on Desyncs this is a true reflection on how controlled testing should be done, I’ve been saying / suggesting this for ages.

I do hope the developers take note of your Squads dedication to reproduce the problem and implement this, reports like these help the programmers to quickly find and rectify problems and allow them to patch / fix.  

https://m.popkey.co/c5e5e5/K68Qj_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=popkey&i=mashupgifs-reactions&l=search&f=.gif

Edited by JAGUAR1950
  • Upvote 1

Not sure if this has any relevance to other maps but I had a similar issue on factory. When leaving through the normal exit on factory after going through the second door I usually close it behind me just for the peace of mind. However when doing this I sometimes can not extract. Now I'm not saying this is directly connected to your tests but it seems like they may have a relationship. In one particular run on factory I closed the second door behind me and waited for the extraction...nothing. After re-logging multiple times on each re-entry of the server it put me in the second door (literally). Essentially I was in the middle of a closed door and had to open it to move only for the server to close the door after 15 seconds. So maybe this is not just a customs thing but also a major issue for the whole game. 

37 minutes ago, RyanSide said:

Not sure if this has any relevance to other maps but I had a similar issue on factory. When leaving through the normal exit on factory after going through the second door I usually close it behind me just for the peace of mind. However when doing this I sometimes can not extract. Now I'm not saying this is directly connected to your tests but it seems like they may have a relationship. In one particular run on factory I closed the second door behind me and waited for the extraction...nothing. After re-logging multiple times on each re-entry of the server it put me in the second door (literally). Essentially I was in the middle of a closed door and had to open it to move only for the server to close the door after 15 seconds. So maybe this is not just a customs thing but also a major issue for the whole game. 

This is correct, doors do bug out players on different maps (like i stated but after reading it back , not clear enough).
the thing is we had to look for something we could easly reproduce , that way its easyer for devs to actually check facts.

closing doors in overall has a chance on giving desync to the player. but what the actual trigger point is I havent figured out , thats why we took shortcut of customs because that one is easy to trigger.

I guess time  to find out how to trigger the other desyncs soon.

Previous to one of the last patches it was easier to jump over the Factory key shortcut on Customs.

I made the same observations as OP, when only _jumping_ into the shortcut area from the bridge, not using any keys or opening doors of the shortcut itself.

Because of this, I think it's the position of a problematic player changing from one part of the map to another, that is sufficient to cause the symptoms.

As if before the shortcut was one big part and after the doors.. and changing between these parts of the map?

Right now you can also observe the desync type caused by door opening (probably more caused by changing position, as I wrote above) happening on Factory and I'm often closing doors behind me, so I'm often ending up in this and having the chance to try getting out of it.

• Upvote 1

Damn, son. This personally offets the 10847 daily 'I CANT FARM LOOT ON FACTORY AND HOARD IT ALL I WANT FREE ASSAULT RIFLES THIS GAME IS CRAP I WANT MY MONEY BACK PLS NERF AI GAEM IS TU HERD!!ONE11ONE!1ELEVEN!11! topics.

Have some rep, sir.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Selgald:

1. Would be solved if they wouactivate their "5000 beta servers" instead of the 5 alpha server where we are still playing on.

2. Would be 50% solved if they would open up server for Oceania and South Africa. The other 50% is optimizing the netcode.

3. Well same as with the netcode, they need to work on their engine to fix it. It would also help to throw more power at a instance so it can solve its gamestate problem faster, but this is not real solution and they obviously don't want to invest more in servers ^^ So we have to wait till someone who is good at math fixes their engine issues :)

And your info at from the devs?

1) speculation no statement from devs of 5000 servers. 

2) 50% to 50% info from the devs? speculation

3) can be true

Thanks for your opinion 

Yesterday i wanted to extract at factory, the countdown did not start.

i turned around and i saw the door close behind me (in a weird bugged way, there was no player there)

So i guess some1 went before me and closed the door and it bugged out.

After 10 minutes waiting the door opened again and extraction started.

so you must be onto something, Devs, get to work please, fixing this would help a lot in stability.

18 hours ago, Selgald said:

2. A guy with a crap connection, there is already enough video evidence where you can see that a single guy with a horrible connection desyncs the game for everyone in an instance. As soon he is dead, everything runs fine again. This is a netcode issues.

With all my respect, sorry but this is very very wrong.

In this specific example that you gave in 2. , the guy with terribad connexion will be the only one to be lagging and he can never be source of desync for other players. Technicaly there is just no way.

And that is in case of extremly bad connexion.

In case of regular DSL users (people with less than 10mb/s theorical), then those unlucky guys will suffer from the traffic generated by the client or the server (if the OP is right, then its the server that cause the spam of net package to broadcast open/close door info to other clients) :

The traffic generated by this bug (potencialy by doors?) will just saturate all their -limited- bandwitdh and make em having desync while other players with stronger bandwitdh (fiber for ex) will not be affected yet, because at this stage, their connexion can still handle it.

Found out while looking at my data on my second screen while playing that when dsync occur the data received goes from the 100-200kbps(which is already high?)  up to 2MBPS. 

i've looked at my item in inventory, moving them to see the d-sync while looking at my data consumption. 

when dsync the data received is 10x the usual. looks like something cause the server too send out too much information to the client.... ??

i have 120 mbps receive and 20 mbps send internet connection (fibre/cable hybrid)

Just now, itsaboutime said:

Found out while looking at my data on my second screen while playing that when dsync occur the data received goes from the 100-200kbps(which is already high?)  up to 2MBPS. 

i've looked at my item in inventory, moving them to see the d-sync while looking at my data consumption. 

when dsync the data received is 10x the usual. looks like something cause the server too send out too much information to the client.... ??

i have 120 mbps receive and 20 mbps send internet connection (fibre/cable hybrid)

This right here ,  we havent even thought about monitoring the connection, this is crazy (if true). We will try and record data consumption while we desync a server.

Thank you for this usefull info sir!

1 minute ago, weeping-pirate said:

This right here ,  we havent even thought about monitoring the connection, this is crazy (if true). We will try and record data consumption while we desync a server.

Thank you for this usefull info sir!

my pleasure, this was also on customs when i monitored this.

Looks like something cause the server to send massive amount of data to client, causing the server to lose all their brandwidth?

i by no mean an expert in server/data but that's my educated guess.

2 hours ago, Silverhaze5X said:

In this specific example that you gave in 2. , the guy with terribad connexion will be the only one to be lagging and he can never be source of desync for other players. Technicaly there is just no way.

In case of regular DSL users (people with less than 10mb/s theorical), then those unlucky guys will suffer from the traffic generated by the client or the server (if the OP is right, then its the server that cause the spam of net package to broadcast open/close door info to other clients) :

The traffic generated by this bug (potencialy by doors?) will just saturate all their -limited- bandwitdh and make em having desync while other players with stronger bandwitdh (fiber for ex) will not be affected yet, because at this stage, their connexion can still handle it.

I'm pretty sure that connections dont cause desync.. If a game would use 500kbs its alrdy alot.... let alone 2mbps.
We (the guys who tested with me) all have  pretty high connections I think the lowest has a  50mb downl / 20 mb upload.

If  20mb upload is not enough for tarkov ... then its not any users bad at all, and this should be fixed/ looked into ASAP.

But I will try and get some concrete info on how much data tarkov consumes

from all our tests, my friends and I went to the conclusion that if your connexion is under 10mb/s theorical, if  bandwitdh start to go crazy in UP and DL, then the player with that kind of DSL will experience desync above +2 min delay while his mates just next to him will not see the desync, because their connexion can handle the bandwidth going crazy. It is confirmed and  veryfied everyday since 10 days we test this.

confirmed on another map (shoreline) that when dsync occur data received skyrocket.

Edited by itsaboutime

9 minutes ago, Silverhaze5X said:

I and some other players reported this, multiple times this week

Ive just checked your post , while your aiming in the possible right direction its not enough info to do something with.

While data consumption could be way too much (I havent tested nor seen screenshots /videos of it yet ) Its most likely not the users connections crapping out but the server.

When we desynced , everyone desynced. And your not telling me that 100mbps upload is not enough.
that would mean the server would put out that data  X amount of players.. and 1 tarkov server will NOT have this amount of bandwith available ... its just suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a overkill if it was

IF you have some media regarding data consumption please share.

EDIT:  plz share the data, your refering you found out that any connection under 10mb will crap out short said? thats just not true, every single m8 in the video had atleast 5x that.

The one that causes the dessync is the one that closes the door, for us that was the guy with a 90mbps upload connection and a fresh new router.

Edited by weeping-pirate

4 minutes ago, weeping-pirate said:

When we desynced , everyone desynced.

You don't understand, i agree with the quote above, i never said the opposite.

But what i said about DSL connexion speed comes in addition to the above quote. its not denying your observations in any way, i'm just giving infos about what is only happening to DSL connexions owners

And your not telling me that 100mbps upload is not enough.

i never said so ;)

Edited by Silverhaze5X

2 minutes ago, Silverhaze5X said:

You don't understand, the quote above is true, i never said the opposite. but what i said about DSL connexion speed comes in addition to the above quote. its not denying your observations in any way, its just happening only for DSL connexions

i never said so ;)

I ment , your refering to that the guy taht desyncs is the one with a shity connection . But thats just not the case and we tested it with proof.

I'm asking you to share any media  / recording you guys made while testing.
Thats something we could work with.
Other then that thanks for the insight  but in our case (custom shortcut test) it has NOTHING to do with client's connections.

Edit. Your refering to Client side desync or maybe even lag / bad router

Edited by weeping-pirate

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Jack_Oneill:

And your info at from the devs?

1) speculation no statement from devs of 5000 servers. 

2) 50% to 50% info from the devs? speculation

3) can be true

Thanks for your opinion 

1. was multiple times state on the dev stream (of course everyone knows that this is not true)

2. That's just what a netcode and playing with a high latency does

3. Is very simplified, but still true regarding optimizing your engine. This is just how it work if you work with a thrid party or your own engine, thats just your normal daily work there.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Silverhaze5X:

Well let me try to explain it better (maybe I dont have the right words in English for that):

In short: A single person can lag out an entire game if the netcode is freaking out and don't know how to deal with it. (or bad netcode).

The server tries to keep the gamestate for everyone up to date, of course this is impossible in real time so you have multiple ways of handling this like entity interpolation, input prediction and lag compensation (for the bad connections) to keep everyone happy.

But if you have engine issues and only a "rudimentary" netcode that constantly freak out your gamestate, like interacting with a physical object like a door or rock number 2413 what happens is (and that is very simple said) your math gets wrong witch freaks our your gamestate (what players CAN notice as desync, a crash, a glitch, funny physics and more).

So you try to build your engine this way that it will try to figure this issues out and gets it's math correct again. 

They just recently update to a new Unity version and you can except that this made a lot of issues. Things that work before need to be changed, it breaks stuff, you need to get familiar with the update and such things.

Edit:

Also it should be noted that this is not a Tarkov specific issue, this is stuff you have to deal with in every engine and mp games.

Edited by Selgald

@weeping-pirate, What do you mean? that the low connexion is causing the desync ? nope, I never said that, I explicitly said it was wrong in response to someone else post (see 1st page).

About media, you ask to someone that has 70kb/s upload to upload a video, thats right ? ^^ no can do sir ;)

Also that would probably require to record in the same time - the game +  the net tool that give traffic speed + the ping window (that give ping every second)

Also we are talking here about low speed but very stable DSL connexions (40ms ping average or below), i will not talk about people that have unstable connexions with bad ping, there would be no point.

Edited by Silverhaze5X