weeping-pirate

We reproduced serverwide desync, also able to undo it. *CUSTOMS*

6 minutes ago, Selgald said:

Well let me try to explain it better (maybe I dont have the right words in English for that):

In short: A single person can lag out an entire game if the netcode is freaking out and don't know how to deal with it. (or bad netcode).

We understood this perfectly the 1st time, don't worry your english is fine ;)

But still, i ensure you that a single person is not causing desyncs for everyone..

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Silverhaze5X:

But still, i ensure you that a single person is not causing desyncs for everyone..

It does happen, but this is just one form of the desync and not the main one everyone has.

They main "desync" issue most people are having is clearly engine related :)

34 minutes ago, Silverhaze5X said:

@weeping-pirate, What do you mean? that the low connexion is causing the desync ? nope, I never said that, I explicitly said it was wrong in response to someone else post (see 1st page).

About media, you ask to someone that has 70kb/s upload to upload a video, thats right ? ^^ no can do sir ;)

Also that would probably require to record in the same time - the game +  the net tool that give traffic speed + the ping window (that give ping every second)

Also we are talking here about low speed but very stable DSL connexions (40ms ping average or below), i will not talk about people that have unstable connexions with bad ping, there would be no point.

I thought you ment that lower connection speeds cause desync on tarkov haha :P
I guess we both smoked 1 too many lol :D

jokes aside, sorry m8 I prob misunderstood then.

No problem mate :D And btw good job with the testing ! I'm glad this topic made it's way to the devs, because there is a lot of valuable infos in it.

33 minutes ago, Silverhaze5X said:

m8 could you read our post again. IT IS  related to one person
thats the whole point behind my post.... tested this multiple times WHOEVER closes the door breaks the server
Doesnt matter if its the guy with 500/500 mb  down/up with average ping of 2-4 
or the guy with 30mb download and ping of 12

ping based on central europe servers.

Maybe your talking about something different but in this case its caused by engine/bad programming/etc and DEF NOT  a single players connection

Edited by weeping-pirate

Well, stating my newbie views, but still from an analist:

Bandwidth: 15mb/1,5mb  (down/up)

The error: Lost Server Connection

Happens more frequently when you're starting the game, also more often when the map is bigger.

There is no desync to what i was able to see, just a sudden crash when i'm walking or doing anything else

i had a dsync on customs that threw me into a locked room that i couldnt get out of, i died in that room cold and alone

• Upvote 2

I've had this happen a few times aswell on factory after rushing for the exit (gunshots going off), opening both doors to then sit at the extract to see the doors behind me closed (i didnt close them) then no extract happens, in that instance i ran back out opening the exit doors as they desync back closed, i run inside the main building too the hallway, breach a door and open a door and then run back to the exit, for it to finally work on my way back to the exit. has happened a handful of times.

Whilst doing so, i shot a few scavs in the head and they dropped so it can't be lag, and is possible it has something to do with doors as mentioned.

On 8/19/2017 at 4:42 PM, weeping-pirate said:

m8 could you read our post again. IT IS  related to one person
thats the whole point behind my post.... tested this multiple times WHOEVER closes the door breaks the server
Doesnt matter if its the guy with 500/500 mb  down/up with average ping of 2-4 
or the guy with 30mb download and ping of 12

ping based on central europe servers.

Maybe your talking about something different but in this case its caused by engine/bad programming/etc and DEF NOT  a single players connection

Not sure if it's true, I play in group of 4, 2 friends got out fine and 2 of us got stuck because of desync, i closed door and i knew doors can cause desync so i went outside and disconnected, it didn't help so other friend did the same, still didn't help we both had to disconnect at the same time and then we finally got out... (It happened on factory map)

8 minutes ago, foxinka203 said:

Not sure if it's true, I play in group of 4, 2 friends got out fine and 2 of us got stuck because of desync, i closed door and i knew doors can cause desync so i went outside and disconnected, it didn't help so other friend did the same, still didn't help we both had to disconnect at the same time and then we finally got out... (It happened on factory map)

No clue we tested on CUSTOMS  as its stated, While doors on factory also have a chance of bugging out this mostly  goes for one or a couple of players and not serverwide (not  confirmed,speculation) We have not tested anything thorough in factory.
Waiting for response from admins/devs first before we are going to thorough  test more possible desync triggers on other maps.
else we waste alot of time without any results or rather without anything being done  about it.

Edited by weeping-pirate

18 minutes ago, Kleanuppguy said:

This has now been fixed internally and is ready to be added to the next beta build. 

I guess it's time to open some Bacardi >.<

• Upvote 2

I personally have this kind of problem: every time I play with a person outside my European region, I experience dsync.  Solo games are perfect, but as soon as I go into a group with one of those people, the game starts to dsync after about 5 minutes of gameplay. Always the same people outside EU. Not sure if this is related to your problem. Btw never had a door dsync issue you are describing. 

Edited by Fak3r

2 hours ago, Kleanuppguy said:

This has now been fixed internally and is ready to be added to the next beta build. 

nice!

thinking of how long it usually takes me to reach the shortcut it could be that the mix of players and scavs spawning in, a few of which could get stuck loading in could be creating some desync? also, ever noticed how the animations sometimes mess up from opening doors (the "handshake" hand after the unlock, the octopus arm when getting the key out, double unlock)? Like mentioned it could be caused by a person as it can also be remedies if they re-log, maybe it's stuck replicating messages/actions for opening locked doors (trying to think when I've noticed it, but it's hard to know when a door has been opened by someone else for me to not be the cause of the desync, same with factory)

could you replicate it 100% of the time? I don't recall a lot of issues with desync and closing the door is always a thing we just do, but it's certainly some great testing and something to be mindful of

nicee hope see this soon :)

3 hours ago, Kleanuppguy said:

hey @Kleanuppguy Is the next beta build the next patch or the one in a few weeks?

41 minutes ago, mrjamiet said:

thinking of how long it usually takes me to reach the shortcut it could be that the mix of players and scavs spawning in, a few of which could get stuck loading in could be creating some desync? also, ever noticed how the animations sometimes mess up from opening doors (the "handshake" hand after the unlock, the octopus arm when getting the key out, double unlock)? Like mentioned it could be caused by a person as it can also be remedies if they re-log, maybe it's stuck replicating messages/actions for opening locked doors (trying to think when I've noticed it, but it's hard to know when a door has been opened by someone else for me to not be the cause of the desync, same with factory)

could you replicate it 100% of the time? I don't recall a lot of issues with desync and closing the door is always a thing we just do, but it's certainly some great testing and something to be mindful of

yes its reproduceable  ( atleast it was previous patch) , I know the post might be quite a read.
Shortly  said:
There is ALWAYS some kind of lag after closing doors, while this is not always major its noticeable. with a high possibility of desyncing the whole server.
And its possible to open/close the shortcut in like 1.5 min after spawning( meaning most hdd players are not even spawned in, and start with desync from the get go)

Oooow really! finally I was about to get you a PM , thought you where to update us regarding this.
Anyways , do you need us for testing out other thing, was it any help etc?
Let  me know!

10 hours ago, Kleanuppguy said:

Do you mean that next update is gonna reduce desync to a 0,01% ? If yes ... :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D