On 20.8.2017 at 5:05 PM, MKev said:

true true. the mark 23 is a heavy gun and 1911 is old. but 1911 is out as combat and performance edition with 2 line magazine up to 21 rounds, picatiny rails and implemented muzzlebrake. and the mark 23 is changed with P12. I have us family in active duty and know that marines use 1911 9mm edition, .45acp edition as commando, baretta, and even the glock is not rare. In our german army we use P8 and GSG9, KSK and other SOF have p12 (.45acp) the good thing on p12 is, its lighter, good recoil control and reliability. Me for my part, i dont care what somebody prefers. I would love to have the decision including pro's & con's in EFT with all used calibers by goverment units around the world. I want to decide if i have higher penetration with more recoil or less penetration with low recoil. and there are no 9x19 bullets holopoint or +P bullets that beat .45acp holopoint and +P bullets. .45acp has more speed, higher impact and bigger size.

regards

The game does not have hollow point 7.62x25 for example, adding as many variable pistol rounds is hard and causes bugs sometimes. If you add a new cartridge it will take time for them to complete as many round types as the makarov rounds.

I think EFT should focus on weapons and calibers that are specific to Russia and eastern Europe.

Do we actually need another game with a Glock, when there are so many more unknown Russian pistols?

What about GSh-18 Pistol? Lighter than a Glock (580 g unloaded), 18 round mag, designed to fire super-hot 9x19mm PBP armor piercing ammo @ 600 meters per second. Roughly equivalent to 9mm +P+ or even hotter.

1443260344.jpg

Edited by Kmieciu

2 hours ago, Kmieciu said:

I think EFT should focus on weapons and calibers that are specific to Russia and eastern Europe.

Do we actually need another game with a Glock, when there are so many more unknown Russian pistols?

What about GSh-18 Pistol? Lighter than a Glock (580 g unloaded), 18 round mag, designed to fire super-hot 9x19mm PBP armor piercing ammo @ 600 meters per second. Roughly equivalent to 9mm +P+ or even hotter.

1443260344.jpg

I want one.

The reason why the military primarily used .45 for such a long time is because the Geneva Convention disallows conventional military forces from using HP ammunition. Anything FMJ just makes a hole in the target with minimal actual round expansion. Therefore the logic behind it is the bigger the FMJ round the bigger the hole. The bigger the hole the more blood loss and impact on organs. The hydostatic shock is also going to be different, especially with older ammunition technology. There are also things like tumble in bullets, but that's for another time. In this current day with the level of technology we have with ammunition there is no real reason to go beyond 9x19 as a pistol round to effectively kill a human being on a private, or civilian level of choice. However it is also fun to shoot .45 and will still kill you just as well as a 9x19 round.

Also - the .45 GAP does nothing better than anything else other than make the round more compact and expensive, which is why no one really uses it except certain governmental agencies. 

That being said, they obviously want to make things as diverse as possible by adding the .45 ammo. It's going to be nice to see a Glock in the game either way. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheCompanyCook said:

The reason why the military primarily used .45 for such a long time is because the Geneva Convention disallows conventional military forces from using HP ammunition. Anything FMJ just makes a hole in the target with minimal actual round expansion. Therefore the logic behind it is the bigger the FMJ round the bigger the hole. The bigger the hole the more blood loss and impact on organs. The hydostatic shock is also going to be different, especially with older ammunition technology. There are also things like tumble in bullets, but that's for another time. In this current day with the level of technology we have with ammunition there is no real reason to go beyond 9x19 as a pistol round to effectively kill a human being on a private, or civilian level of choice. However it is also fun to shoot .45 and will still kill you just as well as a 9x19 round.

Also - the .45 GAP does nothing better than anything else other than make the round more compact and expensive, which is why no one really uses it except certain governmental agencies. 

That being said, they obviously want to make things as diverse as possible by adding the .45 ammo. It's going to be nice to see a Glock in the game either way. 

Not to be too pedantic but it's actually the Hauge that prohibits JHPs and Soft Points.

The Geneva Convention more deals with ethical treatment of civilians and POWs and the like.

• Upvote 1

I'd say let's just end the convo with they need to add just a small handfull of handguns. I would recommend out of the pool, these few.

1. Any make or model of the 1911, Kimber is usually a good company that makes them.

2. Any model of Glock would be fine, they are nice handguns though I prefer one that you will see in a second ;)

3. The FN Herstal FNX .45 Tactical (In either black or FDE would be fine)

Pistols_Thumb_FNX_45_T_FDE-.png

And last but not least, the final and best handgun I could possibly ever list in this grouping, would have to be my all time favorite handgun I have ever been lucky enough to own.

4. The Century Arms Canik TP9 SF Elite, chambered in 9x19mm and available in FDE or black. Holds 18+1 rounds and has had the title of "Glock Killer" coined around quite a bit.

TP9SF-E-Rside-Angle.jpg

Edited by Pinkerstink

On 8/28/2017 at 1:31 PM, KhandE said:

Which goes against pretty much all ballistics science from the past few years.

Not even battlefield or trauma surgeons can tell the difference between a 9mm Luger wound and a .45 ACP wound when both are using the same projectiles.

The whole .,45 ACP "manstopper" myth is just that, a myth, there's a reason the US Military didn't go back to .45 ACP with the MHS, and the FBI went back to 9mm Luger, after blatantly stating their testers showed there's basically no difference between wounds caused by .45 ACP, .40 S&W and 9mm Luger.

Add to this that pistols are terrible at stopping a determined attacker in the first place no matter what the caliber, and yeah, this myth needs to die already.

The .45-caliber round is the bigger bullet, so it has the “knock down power” to neutralize any adversary with one shot; while pistols that fire 9mm rounds are generally more accurate and can carry more bullets. Where a bullet hits the human body is also a major factor on whether it inflicts a mortal wound.

Even though the .45-caliber cartridge has more propellant, the 9mm round usually has more penetrating power because the smaller round faces less air resistance on its nose as it files [sic] through the air :)

It´s all situational.

Edited by -Fergus-

.45 ACP handguns are great. But since this is an international game and 9mm is more common, I'd say you should expect the Glock 17 and Glock 19 first. What's really cool about these handguns is you can swap a Glock 9mm into a .40 S&W or .357 Sig with a few parts, they even use the same magazines.

On 8/18/2017 at 8:42 PM, MKev said:

Hello all.

I just got informed that there was a recent interview with Nikita Buyanov on a youtube video in the Russian speaking forum. It is not available in english yet but a friend who speaks russian told me it was mentioned that the M16A4 is coming alongside with a Glock Handgun. Don't know when but to hear that BSG is working on it is great news. If somebody has translated the video or knows a english subtitled version of the video please let me know. But for now my toughts on that: I can't wait to hold the m16a4 in hands since it is the opponent AR Rifle to the AKM or the older AK47. When it comes to Glock i hope it is the Glock 41 with .45 ACP Rounds. I was hoping to see the .45ACP Colt M1911 commando or similar first, but i am fine with Glock. Since it comes in versions with burst or full-auto modes. To give you all an better look about the Glock, i have a nice video here from my Shooting Sports Colleague and Gunny-Legend Jerry Miculek:

I'm a fan of miculek and recommend his other videos.

Reveal hidden contents

Regarding the Topic and the Video where Nikita Buyanov is talking about developement and what comes up in Beta visit this topic:

Would love to see your thoughts on this, and if somebody has a translated or english subtitled video of this Nikita talk any information would be highly appreciated.

best regards, MKev

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Glock doesn't make any burst-fire Glock pistols. They make the Glock 18, which is fully automatic / semi automatic, and that's it.

I want a Magnum and a Desert Eagle too! 

Will the Glock have auto-fire? We need a pistol with auto-fire too. 

Edited by rix5

On 9/2/2017 at 11:50 PM, rix5 said:

I want a Magnum and a Desert Eagle too! 

Will the Glock have auto-fire? We need a pistol with auto-fire too. 

Please no. The Glock18 is so bad, and literally never been used. The Glock 19 will hopefully be the one added, because it is widely used in many countries, and takes the most popular ammo type.

I would love to see any combo of the following:

Glock 17 (9x19)

Glock 19 (9x19)

Glock 34 (9x19)

Glock 35 (.40)

Glock 41 (.45 ACP)

Glock 40 (10mm)

All of these can fit the MOS (Modular Optic System), which means we could slap a red dot on top of the pistol, which imo is a huge advantage. Having Gen3/Gen4/Gen4 MOS slides that you could swap with. Along with the possibility of swaping the Glock 35/34 on the fly for .40/9mm/.357 SIG with the proper barrel. :D 

On 21-8-2017 at 5:17 AM, 5point5sixGUY said:

1. I bet you a million dollars (not really) that it'll be the Glock 17, assuming we only get one type of Glock.

2. I personally carry a Glock 30S .45 ACP 10+1 daily, but I have various 9mm and .45ACP handguns and have shots thousands of rounds of each caliber and the only real benefits of 9mm vs .45ACP for personal defense is the fact that generally speaking your typical 9mm pistol will hold more rounds and it is SLIGHTLY easier to make follow up shots, but make no mistake...the .45ACP is a man stopper.

So if you say daily, does this mean when you go shopping and stuff? Texas style?

On 9/2/2017 at 9:43 PM, Sushi said:

.45 ACP handguns are great. But since this is an international game and 9mm is more common, I'd say you should expect the Glock 17 and Glock 19 first. What's really cool about these handguns is you can swap a Glock 9mm into a .40 S&W or .357 Sig with a few parts, they even use the same magazines.

Sorry, I have to correct you. You cannot take a 9mm Glock and convert it to .40 or .357sig with a few parts. The breach face is the wrong size. You can take a .40s&w Glock and convert it to 9mm with a barrel and mag change.  This is something I don't think we need to see in the game. 

On 9/1/2017 at 0:11 PM, -Fergus- said:

The .45-caliber round is the bigger bullet, so it has the “knock down power” to neutralize any adversary with one shot; while pistols that fire 9mm rounds are generally more accurate and can carry more bullets. Where a bullet hits the human body is also a major factor on whether it inflicts a mortal wound.

Even though the .45-caliber cartridge has more propellant, the 9mm round usually has more penetrating power because the smaller round faces less air resistance on its nose as it files [sic] through the air :)

It´s all situational.

1. "Knock down power" or "stopping power" isn't a thing. They are made up terms to quantify a 'feeling', not actual data.

2. .45acp may be "bigger" in that it's 11.43mm wide vs 9mm wide, or that it can weigh up to 230grs vs up to 147grs. But let us not forget velocity. 45 is slower than 9mm usually by a good couple hundred ft/s. 

3. Caliber has very little to do with accuracy in pistols. 9mm is in no way inherently more accurate than 45. Some of the most accurate competition guns are .45.

4. You are absolutely correct that shot placement has way more to do with lethality than caliber choice.

If any of you are curious to be more discouraged about the effectiveness of a handgun, check out the book "Handgun Stopping Power."

https://www.amazon.com/Handgun-Stopping-Power-Definitive-Study/dp/0873646533

At the end of the day, a handgun is not a great offensive tool. I carry a handgun every day, just like I carry a pocket knife. It's a tool. Carrying a rifle around everywhere for the less the 1% chance that I actually need to defend myself is unreasonable. A handgun is more appropriate. Understanding a handgun's limitations are important too. There is no "one shot kill" caliber. There is no quantifiable "stopping power." 45acp sucks just as bad as 9mm for lethality. The most important factor is shot placement and rounds on target. Never plan on a 'one shot kill' instead, shoot until you're convinced the target is no longer a threat.  9mm happens to be easier to shoot more often than other calibers (gun depending) so it's very prevalent as a defensive caliber. 

I'd love to see a Glock in this game just because they are so common. I haven't found myself using handguns very much in this game, but I'd still like to see a variety of them in the game.

You can use the .40 mag for 9mm. Check the end of the video he does it. He does inform that you can have double feeds, but it functions fine 99% of the time. 

On 9/12/2017 at 7:18 PM, sevin said:

1. "Knock down power" or "stopping power" isn't a thing. They are made up terms to quantify a 'feeling', not actual data.

If any of you are curious to be more discouraged about the effectiveness of a handgun, check out the book "Handgun Stopping Power."

https://www.amazon.com/Handgun-Stopping-Power-Definitive-Study/dp/0873646533

That's why I put it in the semicolons, couldn't be bothered to find the proper term for it.

You used it as well though, almost contradicting yourself buddy:D

The rest I completely agree with though, good post.