ShindyK0

A list of suggestions from a Stacked Alpha player

Hello BSG, I've got a list of suggestions for the game.

1) Marakov's ROF is insane compared to other pistols. Marakov is also the cheapest pistol with the hardest hitting pistol ammo available This needs to be balanced, with Marakov rpm being nerfed or other pistols ROF being boosted

3) AKs-74UN should be available for purchase, so that 4x scopes can be mounted on it (such as PSO)

4) Needs more helmets, especially ones that are cheap and available from Skier on the same level as PACA armor

5) Silencers of one particular gun that are same caliber have much louder than the other gun (AKs-74u vs AK-74, AKs-74u is so loud that you can't even tell if it is suppressed)

6) while dragging an item (for example dragging a grenade onto your pocket) you should be able to press a number button on the keypad and have that item assigned to the said number

7) AKs-74u needs better recoil mods, and Pistols needs sight mods

7) Money such as Rubles and Dollars should be taken out of the inventory and simply have a tab on the side of the inventory that shows how much money you have

8) Make Scavs Spawn at either the start of the raid on the player spawns, or make them spawn 20-30 minutes later into the game (depending on how large the map is. For example, 20 minutes for factory and 30 minutes for Customs). Or just make them spawn at the start on the player spawns.

9) AS VAL's ammos, even though a rare item, hits way too hard (although not so rare if you keep the Geiger counters from the start).

10) SKS's ammo should hit much harder. The way it is right now, I prefer a pistol over it in WOODS

11) Hot Rod should be available for purchase from Hospitalist Max level

12) There should be some way to get a PSO scope onto the normal SKS, or make the OP-SKS available for purchase

13) MR-133's sight picture needs to be adjusted. Cannot see it. Also for balancing maybe have a tighter spread than MR-153.

14) INCREASE the stock of items on the weekends

15) Make Cobra sight's aim point dot brighter

16) Reflex sights should have ZERO impact on the ergonomics

17) The eye-cup for the PSO scope should be available for purchase and make the glare in the scope go away

18) TT magazines should be available for purchase... not sure why this is locked behind barter

19) Saiga Drum Mags

20) MR-153 and MR-133 shotguns - The ones you can purchase and ones off the dead Scavs should have a short barrel. When upgraded with the longest barrel and a choke and a weapon sight, these should be absolutely deadly.

That will be all. I dont care if you guys change the USEC guy looking like a pig tho. But please do fix the ComTac Headset and the Remington Choke not working.

Thanks!

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, Lostmouse said:

Good list. I'd like to be able to holster my weapons.

I think maybe holstering a weapon to make searching go faster could be a neat idea.

• Upvote 4

I concur 

6 hours ago, Woodsen_Moosen said:

I think maybe holstering a weapon to make searching go faster could be a neat idea.

1: mak dmg (if i am right) is bugged and does little dmg . and it is supposed to deal more dmg against flesh , against armor it deals little dmg.

2 : as val ammo travels slowly and just like the 9x18 (mak ammo) creates a big wound in the flesh but deals less dmg against armor.

Edited by pimba224

The AS Val ammo can get through a class 3 bulletproof vest (russian classification), at 100 metres it can get trough 8mm of steel.

It has indeed a lower velocity (9mm subsonic round) but it is bigger than a 7,62 or 5,45 so it has also a better cinetic power (stopping power).

Basically it's a better weapon at close to middle range than a AK or a M4.

for one you forgot number two also you put 7 twice.

For number 6 you can assigned items to number have said item in a pocket or vest and drag it to the buttom where the numbers are 

that is all other than that its a pretty good list

I will answer comparing all to real life experience.

About 7) money in cash takes really a lot of space. I agree that it should be 100k, maybe 200k per slot, but still. You dont have offshore or bank account in Tarkov, and I dont think that traders that change food for guns would accept bank cards (or paychecks).

About 13) MR133 is almost the same as MR153 in power specs. Its way cheaper and more durable (since automatic on MR153 is very fragile). I guess there is no need to be balanced.

About 19) and 20) Dont know about military 12 shells, but hunting ones wouldnt hit a bird in 30-40 meters, loosing almost all of it power on that distance. Even 12/76 magnum shots. Choke and long barrel affects mostly spread, not output power. What is need to be balanced is Saiga mag, that even civil version have 10 rounds, not 5. The other point is if you try to shoot 12 shells automatically (saiga or mr153), your second shot and all afterwards will barely hit the same direction of your target.

About 4) and 18) I absolutely agree. 

About 14) devs already boosted traders money. I think they are working on items count as well.

What I would like to add, not to clone threads, is

21) Make a colored patches for equipping on shoulder (like paintball teams). It will be easier to find mates. Doesnt guarantee that enemy stack equip the same color, but still.

22) Make hand bone breaks fatal for accuracy and weapon holding at all. Increasing time of healing, etc.

23) Make equipping mags with bullets requiring TIME. And a lot of time! You wouldnt insert 30 bullets in AK mag in 1 second. It will take prepared soldier at least 10 seconds in a calm surroundings. This change will result in taking more mags in raid, which will be ultimately more realistic.

Edited by skyf1re

I may not necessarily agree with all your suggestions but at least its not a post complaining about the game and offering constructive criticism so take your upvote with pride sir and moderators give this guy something. :x

On 20/8/2017 at 9:12 AM, ShindyK0 said:

Hello BSG, I've got a list of suggestions for the game.

1) Marakov's ROF is insane compared to other pistols. Marakov is also the cheapest pistol with the hardest hitting pistol ammo available This needs to be balanced, with Marakov rpm being nerfed or other pistols ROF being boosted

3) AKs-74UN should be available for purchase, so that 4x scopes can be mounted on it (such as PSO)

4) Needs more helmets, especially ones that are cheap and available from Skier on the same level as PACA armor

5) Silencers of one particular gun that are same caliber have much louder than the other gun (AKs-74u vs AK-74, AKs-74u is so loud that you can't even tell if it is suppressed)

6) while dragging an item (for example dragging a grenade onto your pocket) you should be able to press a number button on the keypad and have that item assigned to the said number

7) AKs-74u needs better recoil mods, and Pistols needs sight mods

7) Money such as Rubles and Dollars should be taken out of the inventory and simply have a tab on the side of the inventory that shows how much money you have

8) Make Scavs Spawn at either the start of the raid on the player spawns, or make them spawn 20-30 minutes later into the game (depending on how large the map is. For example, 20 minutes for factory and 30 minutes for Customs). Or just make them spawn at the start on the player spawns.

9) AS VAL's ammos, even though a rare item, hits way too hard (although not so rare if you keep the Geiger counters from the start).

10) SKS's ammo should hit much harder. The way it is right now, I prefer a pistol over it in WOODS

11) Hot Rod should be available for purchase from Hospitalist Max level

12) There should be some way to get a PSO scope onto the normal SKS, or make the OP-SKS available for purchase

13) MR-133's sight picture needs to be adjusted. Cannot see it. Also for balancing maybe have a tighter spread than MR-153.

14) INCREASE the stock of items on the weekends

15) Make Cobra sight's aim point dot brighter

16) Reflex sights should have ZERO impact on the ergonomics

17) The eye-cup for the PSO scope should be available for purchase and make the glare in the scope go away

18) TT magazines should be available for purchase... not sure why this is locked behind barter

19) Saiga Drum Mags

20) MR-153 and MR-133 shotguns - The ones you can purchase and ones off the dead Scavs should have a short barrel. When upgraded with the longest barrel and a choke and a weapon sight, these should be absolutely deadly.

That will be all. I dont care if you guys change the USEC guy looking like a pig tho. But please do fix the ComTac Headset and the Remington Choke not working.

Thanks!

Too much nerfs. AS VAL ammo must hit hard, it is expensive as fak and very rare. Makarov shoots as faster as the other pistols, and it is the best friend for the new players so LEAVE IT LIKE IT IS RIGHT NOW. Nerfs and buffs on the guns arent realistic and piss of people. I cant give you rep. If a Makarov/AS VAL guy killed you then dont ask for a nerf on those guns. I dont understand the people. NERF NERF NERF NERF, cmonnnn.

• Upvote 2

1) I find the Makarov decent - it's high ROF, but it's only 8 rounds. That doesn't go far.  If you don't kill someone with the first 8 rounds, you're basically screwed most times. Seems fair to me.

7) Money should take up inventory space, it's supposed be realistic. I doubt the Tarkov traders would be using EFTPOS.

I like the idea of being able to buy Hot Rod and TT mags, but most of the other suggestions I can't really get behind. I like a reasonably constructive post though. No screeching about how unfair/unbalanced the game is.

• Upvote 2

On 8/20/2017 at 3:12 AM, ShindyK0 said:

Yes. A cheap helmet that can be bought with money instead of items.

• Upvote 1

i think a lot of these are good but your ideas of balancing the game to be more balanced rather than realistic doesnt make sense.

for example:

i feel like the makarov is in a perfectly fine state balance wise and i would say it is the weakest pistol in the game other than price and availability because the 9mm guns have more ammo and do more damage and the tokorev has an easy to get suppressor and i think better armor penetration. this doesnt surprise me because in real life this is what i would expect.

your idea of making helmets easier to get doesnt make sense either because atm i think helmets are stupidly broken because they protect way higher than i think they should and are way to durable. i think a better idea would be to lower its ability to stop certain bullets, and decrease its durability.

as for the ak74u having better recoil mods i would say the ak74u needs less recoil in general because inless you are on factory the recoil on this gun is just really high even on semi and it feels like your character isnt pressing the gun into him and has it floating out using the stock to brace on his cheek. where you look at the ak74n that gun is way easier to control at every distance and the m4 feels like a laser beam no matter what firemode or range.

the mp133 sight picture fix would be nice, since currently it is just another reason to sell that gun whenever you get one.

and as for the as val ammo hitting to hard i think that is kind of warranted because the projectile irl is very heavy and moving at a speed to wear it hits hard but doesnt penetrate very much. for this reason i think the as vals ability to defeat armor should be weak (not to sure how strong it is now but if it is going thru fort armor like no ones business we have an issue. i think i should penetrate the paca because soft body armor isnt good at stopping rifle rounds even as slow as 9.39)

and as for the sks ammo doing little damage i kind of have to agree it feels like it doesnt do damage to unarmored targets and does decent against paca armor (no experience with it against fort) but i also run ap rounds with my sks and i am not sure if there is anything better.

other than that i like your ideas

A rifle with a 10" barrel will be louder than a rifle with a 16" barrel, this is noticeable even with a suppressor.

8 hours ago, Carl_Wheezer said:

as for the as val ammo hitting to hard i think that is kind of warranted because the projectile irl is very heavy and moving at a speed to wear it hits hard but doesnt penetrate very much. for this reason i think the as vals ability to defeat armor should be weak (not to sure how strong it is now but if it is going thru fort armor like no ones business we have an issue.

You get it wrong about the AS Val ammo, it's designed to be an armor-piercing ammunition.

SP-6 (7N9) - The SP-6 (СП-6) was developed by Yuri Frolov. It has a hardened metal armor-piercing core. It can penetrate 2 mm (0.079 in) of steel at 500 meters or 6 mm (0.24 in) of steel, 2.8 mm (0.11 in) of titanium or 30 layers of Kevlar at 200 meters. At 100 meters it penetrates 8 mm (0.31 in) of steel, while retaining enough power to neutralize a soft target behind it.

Edited by Klaus_Quarter

I posted this on the reddit thread, but didn't get any feedback from OP, so here's it again:

As a previously stacked alpha and current stacked beta player myself, I agree with most of your points and I would like to add something:

1) - I agree, Makarov is a blessing when you want to save money and thus I always suggest newbies use it when they start the game. I think they will balance the powerful ammo later on by making it more difficult to get by/not being able to buy so cheaply from traders.

4) - I agree, we need something to change the meta of getting one-tapped to the head. Having a variety cheaper helmets like an old soviet ww2 helmet, that have really low durability but are able to sustain maybe 2 pistols shots to the head or 1 rifles shot to the head would be perfect when you are still aspiring to become stacked :)

6) - I agree, we need something to make the UI better. Grenades at the moment are difficult to use because when you press G, the grenade is quickly thrown away in the general direction you're looking. If you have it hotkeyed, you can choose between left and right click - left click for further and more accurate throws as it shows his left hand pointing towards where you want the grenade to go and right click for CQB.

7) - I agree, the AK-74u becomes literally unusable on full-auto even as close as 25 metres away. The recoil is just too much and too difficult to control. That being said, its still an awesome mid-range weapon as you can fire very accurately up to 300 metres.

8) - This can be expanded upon. First I would like to note, I really hate when scavs spawn 2 minutes into the raid, loot the factory key, wallets, kill some other scavs, loot weapons and just disappear, sometimes lagging the whole server down.

The way I see it as to how scavs should spawn is this - Scavs need their own spawning zone, just as players need to make their way into the map (take customs for example), Player scavs should spawn in their own location, possibly close to the PMC's, where they would have to make their way into the loot zone of the map. This would create fun battles at the beginning of the round as PMC's and scavs meet and start fighting each other. This maybe a good way of reducing hatchlings, as it will be more dangerous to just run around and loot boxes as now there are real scavs that will shoot you without remorse and consequences.

On smaller maps such as factory we could have another spawn point on the outside of factory where player scavs would spawn. If you watch the EFT trailer on youtube it shows the actual factory they used to model the ingame one. Player scavs that spawned outside would need to enter the factory wcich will add an extra layer to the depth of the map, making it even more tactical. It could even have a small backstory to it. "Factory was originally held by a SCAV group, but USEC and BEAR are now raiding it to find SCAV's hidden stash of condensed milk." It will make more sense to have something like this, as at the moment its just a kill-on-sight playground.

If player scavs spawn together (as in next to each other) this might even reduce the scav-on-scav violence and encourage team-play.

9) - AS VAL and VSS are close to low mid-range weapons, if they didn't hit as hard, given their low magazine capacity, you would leave dead in most encounters. EDIT: It makes sense to be powerful since it's a 9x39mm bullet with almost three times the weight compared to a 5.56x39mm... its a really powerful bullet in real life.

10) - I kind of agree, but I haven't had a lot of issues with the SKS so far and I would still prefer it over a pistol on Woods.

13) - I disagree - 133's can be modded very cheaply. You can put a ribbed barrel if you want a sight, or mod it with a cheap reflex sight. Shotguns are very deadly in CQB up to 50-70 metres and they should stay that way. Git gud? :D

14) - We will get market adjustments in the near future. I think stocks will be randomized, as well as items will randomly appear and disappear as to prevent people from buying them out immediately, which is fair enough as you cant expect in a barter economy to always have what you need.

15) - And sharper, please. You can barely use it on low settings and in bright sunlight.

16) - I disagree. Anything that puts additional weight on your weapon should have some impact on ergonomics. At the moment it's quite balanced, check out the T-1 Aimpoint, it has -0.1 to ergonomics. Perhaps ergonomics should be scale with the weight of the attachment (And i think they are, notice how a modded M4 weights 4kg and a modded ak weights 6-7kg's. The M4 always handles much more easily than the AK)

What we really need is even more lighter attachments, ligher mods, lighter magazines. They stated they will add a lot of weapons and attachments, we probably are seeing less than 10% of what the final game will have.

17) - I agree, the item is unnecessarily rare at the moment. However the eye-cup is really not that great from my experience. It obstructs your field of view to the sides and actually you have slight scope shadow as you're viewing it from further back.

18) - TT magazines are not hard to acquire. I have about 20 of them right now just by trading cigarettes.

19) - I hope they add larger capacity mags for the Saiga, however they should be fairly rare and hard to buy as you now become unstoppable at close range...

20) - I agree, shotguns doesn't feel much deadlier when you add attachments and change barrels to them. I've never shot a shotgun in my life so I can't really say how they can improve them.

5 hours ago, Klaus_Quarter said:

ah ok i stand corrected then. but it isnt designed to be armor piercing specifically, its designed to be suppressor ready and still have better penetration than pistol rounds.

36 minutes ago, georgi913 said:

I posted this on the reddit thread, but didn't get any feedback from OP, so here's it again:

As a previously stacked alpha and current stacked beta player myself, I agree with most of your points and I would like to add something:

1) - I agree, Makarov is a blessing when you want to save money and thus I always suggest newbies use it when they start the game. I think they will balance the powerful ammo later on by making it more difficult to get by/not being able to buy so cheaply from traders.

4) - I agree, we need something to change the meta of getting one-tapped to the head. Having a variety cheaper helmets like an old soviet ww2 helmet, that have really low durability but are able to sustain maybe 2 pistols shots to the head or 1 rifles shot to the head would be perfect when you are still aspiring to become stacked :)

6) - I agree, we need something to make the UI better. Grenades at the moment are difficult to use because when you press G, the grenade is quickly thrown away in the general direction you're looking. If you have it hotkeyed, you can choose between left and right click - left click for further and more accurate throws as it shows his left hand pointing towards where you want the grenade to go and right click for CQB.

7) - I agree, the AK-74u becomes literally unusable on full-auto even as close as 25 metres away. The recoil is just too much and too difficult to control. That being said, its still an awesome mid-range weapon as you can fire very accurately up to 300 metres.

8) - This can be expanded upon. First I would like to note, I really hate when scavs spawn 2 minutes into the raid, loot the factory key, wallets, kill some other scavs, loot weapons and just disappear, sometimes lagging the whole server down.

The way I see it as to how scavs should spawn is this - Scavs need their own spawning zone, just as players need to make their way into the map (take customs for example), Player scavs should spawn in their own location, possibly close to the PMC's, where they would have to make their way into the loot zone of the map. This would create fun battles at the beginning of the round as PMC's and scavs meet and start fighting each other. This maybe a good way of reducing hatchlings, as it will be more dangerous to just run around and loot boxes as now there are real scavs that will shoot you without remorse and consequences.

On smaller maps such as factory we could have another spawn point on the outside of factory where player scavs would spawn. If you watch the EFT trailer on youtube it shows the actual factory they used to model the ingame one. Player scavs that spawned outside would need to enter the factory wcich will add an extra layer to the depth of the map, making it even more tactical. It could even have a small backstory to it. "Factory was originally held by a SCAV group, but USEC and BEAR are now raiding it to find SCAV's hidden stash of condensed milk." It will make more sense to have something like this, as at the moment its just a kill-on-sight playground.

If player scavs spawn together (as in next to each other) this might even reduce the scav-on-scav violence and encourage team-play.

9) - AS VAL and VSS are close to low mid-range weapons, if they didn't hit as hard, given their low magazine capacity, you would leave dead in most encounters. EDIT: It makes sense to be powerful since it's a 9x39mm bullet with almost three times the weight compared to a 5.56x39mm... its a really powerful bullet in real life.

10) - I kind of agree, but I haven't had a lot of issues with the SKS so far and I would still prefer it over a pistol on Woods.

13) - I disagree - 133's can be modded very cheaply. You can put a ribbed barrel if you want a sight, or mod it with a cheap reflex sight. Shotguns are very deadly in CQB up to 50-70 metres and they should stay that way. Git gud? :D

14) - We will get market adjustments in the near future. I think stocks will be randomized, as well as items will randomly appear and disappear as to prevent people from buying them out immediately, which is fair enough as you cant expect in a barter economy to always have what you need.

15) - And sharper, please. You can barely use it on low settings and in bright sunlight.

16) - I disagree. Anything that puts additional weight on your weapon should have some impact on ergonomics. At the moment it's quite balanced, check out the T-1 Aimpoint, it has -0.1 to ergonomics. Perhaps ergonomics should be scale with the weight of the attachment (And i think they are, notice how a modded M4 weights 4kg and a modded ak weights 6-7kg's. The M4 always handles much more easily than the AK)

What we really need is even more lighter attachments, ligher mods, lighter magazines. They stated they will add a lot of weapons and attachments, we probably are seeing less than 10% of what the final game will have.

17) - I agree, the item is unnecessarily rare at the moment. However the eye-cup is really not that great from my experience. It obstructs your field of view to the sides and actually you have slight scope shadow as you're viewing it from further back.

18) - TT magazines are not hard to acquire. I have about 20 of them right now just by trading cigarettes.

19) - I hope they add larger capacity mags for the Saiga, however they should be fairly rare and hard to buy as you now become unstoppable at close range...

20) - I agree, shotguns doesn't feel much deadlier when you add attachments and change barrels to them. I've never shot a shotgun in my life so I can't really say how they can improve them.

the shotgun sight is glitched. it needs to be fixed and ¨easy modification¨ isnt good justification for leaving an annoying and unrealistic bug in the game.

and shotguns with longer barrels and tighter chokes have less pellet spread. the chokes as far as i know dont work right now and the barrels seem ok. other than that you can get different loads of shells for shotgun ammo than can very from dozens of pellets to less than 10. at the moment we have slugs and 00 buck which is 9 pellets. different shotgun loads could be interesting.

A cheap and cheerful helmet like a cold war steel helmet might fit the bill. Depending on how they model the ballistics for it, it won't stop a bullet directly but might cause a deflection and it would protect from shrapnel   

On 22/8/2017 at 9:14 PM, georgi913 said:

) - I agree, Makarov is a blessing when you want to save money and thus I always suggest newbies use it when they start the game. I think they will balance the powerful ammo later on by making it more difficult to get by/not being able to buy so cheaply from traders.

So you basically want it to be 4 hit kill most of the times. For new players you only get the 3hk ammo from prapor leveled up so it is rare. It is ok like now. Leave the Makarov alone. What a bully against that pistol LOL

imho important addition would be realistically slow magazine refills. Would make more sense to stock up on mags and most importantly significantly increase usefulness of carying sidearm. to use if somebody gets you unexpectedly nibbling with lap full of bullets.