Blackb1rd

The interview with Nikita Buyanov

Very interesting interview, thanks for translating it ;) .

No idea they had 2 games (actually i thought some of them just worked on these games but not anymore), but from looking at some videos they are like arena-like games nothing close to EFT, right?

Again, interesting interview.

1 minute ago, JFRR said:

Very interesting interview, thanks for translating it ;) .

No idea they had 2 games (actually i thought some of them just worked on these games but not anymore), but from looking at some videos they are like arena-like games nothing close to EFT, right?

Again, interesting interview.

not quite, the movement and gunplay is kinda similiar in the clunkiness :D you can try Contract Wars on facebook, Hired Ops is its standalone version basically

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FurryAlot said:

not quite, the movement and gunplay is kinda similiar in the clunkiness :D you can try Contract Wars on facebook, Hired Ops is its standalone version basically

Thanks for the explanation.

Don't have Facebook account so i'll have to "borrow" one from a friend (they should release it on Steam too like Hired Ops, but i guess having one of them is enough :P ).

;)

Just now, JFRR said:

Thanks for the explanation.

Don't have Facebook account so i'll have to "borrow" one from a friend (they should release it on Steam too like Hired Ops, but i guess having one of them is enough :P ).

;)

:D happy man, facebook changes people :D 

what do you mean they should? its from the same developers, hired ops IS contract wars on steam

1 minute ago, FurryAlot said:

:D happy man, facebook changes people :D 

what do you mean they should? its from the same developers, hired ops IS contract wars on steam

Not 100% right?, i mean one is F2P and the other costs 10€ (for me) so they must be different on something, or not?

3 minutes ago, JFRR said:

Not 100% right?, i mean one is F2P and the other costs 10€ (for me) so they must be different on something, or not?

its f2p because its on FB...

2 minutes ago, FurryAlot said:

its f2p because its on FB...

I see, thought Hired Ops was different (checking some videos looked like HO had better graphics than CW too, so i guess i found  some old ones or the ones done on facebook xD ).

Also as the name is not the same i thought they were different :P .

Thanks for the explanation ;) .

Zitat

Q: Will there be karma or fines for players who abuse Scav gameplay? That is, kill their own and leave the location.

A: Definitely yes, they will be punished, we’re thinking of ways to do it realistically. The main character's karma system is still in development. We have not linked it with the Scav karma yet, but most likely we will make it common. I.e. actions as Scav can affect karma of the main character.

I hope they never do that.

Just now, Kerpal said:

I hope they never do that.

the only punish for scav on scav PVP should be if you kill alot, ALOT of scavs , you gain status of rat, scavs will be aggressive for some duration, which would increase the more scavs you kill when being a rat...

vor 22 Minuten schrieb FurryAlot:

the only punish for scav on scav PVP should be if you kill alot, ALOT of scavs , you gain status of rat, scavs will be aggressive for some duration, which would increase the more scavs you kill when being a rat...

Iam talking about linking the scav karma to your pmc karma.

6 hours ago, FurryAlot said:

dont go saying that any form of karma will be bad for the the game. 

Why not, I 100% believe any sort of karma system, if even remotely like something we would recognize as a karma system (which is why we can use the shorthand, otherwise we'd be giving this a new name and using different nomenclature), would be bad for the game.

And I'm not just being negative, I'm giving detailed reasons why I think this way. A karma system isn't realistic, a karma system isn't supported by the game's lore, the karma system is meant to stop people from playing the game in what is currently a very natural and emergent way, ect.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, VoodooTFN said:

Absolut Soft and BSG are the same company, Hence why Hired ops looks so similar. Again with contract wars. 

QUOTE:
"NIM: How was your studio founded, and how did you manage to keep your game a secret for so long?
Nikita Buyanov: We were previously known (and continue to be known) as Absolutsoft.

The games even use the same assets and sounds.....

hired ops has cooler weapons though

screen_2.jpg

screen_5.jpg

1473d72c004b9802a48fab22307f7bae.jpg

photo_2016-09-26_15-11-27.jpg

Wow dident realse they were the same.

I swear i saw a qna with the absoloutsoft guys and they said that bsg and them were different. meh

Cheers for the info

Q: Will there be karma or fines for players who abuse Scav gameplay? That is, kill their own and leave the location.

A: Definitely yes, they will be punished, 

lol gg

9 hours ago, TechoverMana said:

Why not, I 100% believe any sort of karma system, if even remotely like something we would recognize as a karma system (which is why we can use the shorthand, otherwise we'd be giving this a new name and using different nomenclature), would be bad for the game.

And I'm not just being negative, I'm giving detailed reasons why I think this way. A karma system isn't realistic, a karma system isn't supported by the game's lore, the karma system is meant to stop people from playing the game in what is currently a very natural and emergent way, ect.

You see and thats the other point, "CURRENTLY" current gameplay is far away from what it will be like when the game releases,  now its just deathmatch with looting,... Karma is going to be in the game, deal with it. I hope i see your name on the bounty board one day...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FurryAlot said:

You see and thats the other point, "CURRENTLY" current gameplay is far away from what it will be like when the game releases,  now its just deathmatch with looting,... Karma is going to be in the game, deal with it. I hope i see your name on the bounty board one day...

Amen to that. 

Also scav AI is like what, half way through the development? They are still pretty stupid even when sometimes they sprint for cover or flank you, they will get smarter and more human like. As devs said, It will be much harder to complete raids solo with every raid down the line closer to escaping tarkov. And you cant always play with your group of friends can you? So then you will need to team up with someone random in the raid and thats where the karma comes in play, it wouldnt be very possible even with VOIP but karma will make it easier to team up with randoms, which i like... Remember you are not here to become a millionaire in tarkov, you want to escape tarkov :D

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FurryAlot said:

I hope i see your name on the bounty board one day

No one's gonna be on that board, there's no choice involved, or at least no actual choice when you're gleefully enjoying the idea that people are going to be made magically sick, have their guns jam up and have grenades be duds and generally be crippled in some fashion or another if they don't play your way.

I mean, this about sums up your idea about "play however you'd like"

freechoice1.thumb.png.49f60bccfa689dfed7051cb6b78884d3.png

Edited by TechoverMana
  • Upvote 2

Oh man. Every interview I read combined with the fact that the game practically doesn't change and the most annoying bugs are not being (hot)fixed, makes me lose a bit of the small chunk of hope that I still have for this game.

1. USEC Bots? WTF? Scav bots are already useless and gamebreaking since scav mode has been implemented, now there will even be PMC bots running around? So I could potentially land in a game without any real players? That is some horseshit.
  2. Realistic karma system for scavs? Scavs are not realistic to begin with. Full. Stop. You are essentially mind controlling a poor random scavenger to gather loot for you, so you don't risk dying. How is that realistic? Neither does a Karma system where you magically get bad luck for doing things the "wrong" way have anything to do with realism. Stop those realism arguments already. This game is becoming everything but realistic. In fact I would even consider PUBG more realistic than this game right now.
  3. They couldn't reproduce the freezing hands feature, so they just ignored it and went into Beta? What kind of excuse is that? They also couldn't reproduce the weapon glitching, the start fall damage and all the desync problems? "Beta" launch was a pure failure and they don't even admit it.
  4. They are still thinking about upcoming decisions and changes and had to rework half of the game already? So the game isn't planned at all and everybody is just sitting there thinking what to work on next? That's like failing at the software development 1x1. No wonder that nothing is getting fixed. No wonder that they need a whole year for a single map. No wonder that the game will never come out as it was promised.
22 hours ago, FurryAlot said:

Karma is going to be in the game, deal with it.

If thats their way to deal with criticism on planned features, the game is going to be garbage and nobody will be playing it, deal with it. I'm all up for a bounty system, but this magical less loot and more weapon jams Karma is nothing but a brainfart.

18 hours ago, TechoverMana said:

No one's gonna be on that board, there's no choice involved, or at least no actual choice when you're gleefully enjoying the idea that people are going to be made magically sick, have their guns jam up and have grenades be duds and generally be crippled in some fashion or another if they don't play your way.

I mean, this about sums up your idea about "play however you'd like"

freechoice1.thumb.png.49f60bccfa689dfed7051cb6b78884d3.png

Some ppl just cant comprehend what you are telling them...we are back full  circle this is just like your first post i answered to. I have already answered this and im not going to write it for 10th time...i even wrote you stop clogging this post with  karma poo and write me a  PM if you want to continue the  argument but Noooo big boy has to show everyone how BAD karma is going to be even when we still dont know what it will do

1 hour ago, Satah said:

If thats their way to deal with criticism on planned features, the game is going to be garbage and nobody will be playing it, deal with it. I'm all up for a bounty system, but this magical less loot and more weapon jams Karma is nothing but a brainfart.

Read all my comments then come back. What you named were just suggestion, we still have 0 official info what is karma going to do...

When devs release official  statement "here is karma and this is how it will work for this you get - points for that you get + points..." Then you all are welcome to criticise its mechanics, now we dont know how it will work so what is there to criticise? 

Stop this nonsense already

Edited by FurryAlot

If someone is undoing their belt and squatting over my dinner, I don't have to wait to see what comes out or have a taste test before objecting to it. This idea of "you can't criticize it until it comes out and you see it" makes zero sense.
And I'm not going to PM you just to take such criticism out of public viewing, other people may come in and agree or disagree and add their own 2 cents to the discussion. 

Why are you insistent that somehow I kowtow to you and only bring objections for your viewing and approval. Why do you want it out of viewing?  It just sounds like you don't believe it stands up to scrutiny, or you are losing faith in your own arguments and want such criticism hidden to save face.

1 hour ago, FurryAlot said:

Stop this nonsense already

Maybe have a better argument to support it? It's not nonsense, lots of people beyond me have several valid issues over the introduction of this system into the game and they're legit complaints, even if you do not like them or feel the same way about them. Just going 'pls stop, delete this' doesn't really help support your position. Nor does the childish dismissal because it you don't agree with me and I'm not doing what you want me to do.

21 minutes ago, TechoverMana said:

If someone is undoing their belt and squatting over my dinner, I don't have to wait to see what comes out or have a taste test before objecting to it. This idea of "you can't criticize it until it comes out and you see it" makes zero sense.
And I'm not going to PM you just to take such criticism out of public viewing, other people may come in and agree or disagree and add their own 2 cents to the discussion. 

Why are you insistent that somehow I kowtow to you and only bring objections for your viewing and approval. Why do you want it out of viewing?  It just sounds like you don't believe it stands up to scrutiny, or you are losing faith in your own arguments and want such criticism hidden to save face.

Maybe have a better argument to support it? It's not nonsense, lots of people beyond me have several valid issues over the introduction of this system into the game and they're legit complaints, even if you do not like them or feel the same way about them. Just going 'pls stop, delete this' doesn't really help support your position. Nor does the childish dismissal because it you don't agree with me and I'm not doing what you want me to do.

I wanted you to pm me so we dont discuss it here because  this is not topic about karma... You dont understand anything ive said , im done