Blackb1rd

EFT account trading liability

Dear players!

We'd like to remind you that trading (buying and selling) Escape from Tarkov accounts is strictly forbidden by the Terms of Service. In such cases, both buyer and seller will be held liable. Therefore, we urge you to avoid making such deals. Do not buy or sell accounts secondhand! In this case, access to the game will be terminated, and buyer risks losing money forever. 

For reference please address to the abstract from Terms of Service:

"13.1 If you violate any provision of these Terms of Service, your permission to use the Services will terminate automatically. Additionally, Battlestate Games Limited, in its sole discretion, may terminate your user account on the Services or suspend or terminate your access to the Services at any time, with or without notice.<...>

5.3 When creating an Account you will also be required to provide a 'user name' and/or 'persona' to represent you in connection with the Services. User names and personas are tied to your Account and are non-transferable (meaning they cannot be transferred to anyone else). You may not use a user name or persona that is used by someone else, is vulgar or offensive, imitates any third party, infringes on any proprietary right of any third party, or otherwise breaches these Terms of Service.

5.4 You must keep all information relating to your Account confidential. At no time should you disclose your account ID or password, secret question or answer to anyone. This includes your friends, relatives, parents, children, spouses, co-workers, and any other player of the Games.

5.5 You are fully responsible for the conduct and actions using your Account and for all breaches of these Terms of Service committed by using your Account. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorised use of your Account or any unauthorised access, use, alteration, modification and/or disclosure of your personal information.

5.6 You must ensure that you secure your Account and computer from third party access. Please notify us immediately at info@battlestategames.com if you become aware of:

(a) any unauthorised use of your Account or any other breach of security; or
(b) any hacking tools being used or that might be used in relation to the Services.

http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/legal/terms_of_service_en.html

Czech and Slovakia translation can be found here. Thanks to Emissary @PugMonk

uE74XoQ0XX8.jpg.d0e110f8c8015749eb1845333bbb5611.jpg

• Upvote 11

If devs post this means we have increases of players selling accounts and not actually selling them  - aka scamming potential buy who then turns to bsg support :P

The account in question whil caught trading should be insta banned. This is gonna be a larger problem once the EOD edition gets removed. EOD Account price is gonna go up like crazy as it's gonna be rare. 

• Upvote 1

I have a security Question if I buy a Copy of this beautiful Game and make a giveaway on my stream is that allowed?

Buy the Game and gift it to another person?

Thanks for help,

best regards,

Abraxsus1983(Twitch Streamer)

• Upvote 1

Just now, Abraxsus said:

I have a security Question if I buy a Copy of this beautiful Game and make a giveaway on my stream is that allowed?

Buy the Game and gift it to another person?

Thanks for help,

best regards,

Abraxsus1983(Twitch Streamer)

It's all okay if you are giving away the keys.

@Blackb1rd §5.6 (b) any hacking tools being used or that might be used in relation to the Services.

Reshade has to be added as not allowed tools as many other PvP Shooter games do!

With reshade u can make the night to day 

With reshade u can Make normal Player Textures Red Glowing (or other colors)

Please add a detection for Reshade and make it officially banned!

Tarkov is a Hardcore Survival PvP game with no Interface so please make it fair for everyone...

Thanks!

Edited by Abraxsus
  • Upvote 6

@ABRAXAS and @laurynelis

This is a post about account trading liability not about whether or not reshade should be considered cheating. Please take discussion elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

On the other hand reshade is allowed in many competive games too. Many players only use it for the lack of antialising in this game. What i know its not possible with standard reshade to only let player textures glow red, how should this technical even be possible ?

And to your "you can night to day with reshade" its possible with the normal screen settings or desktop settings so when someone want to cheat with that they always have other ways to do so. 

I will use reshade in normal  manner until antialising is in the game,  like many eft players i know.

Srry olloch read it to late so forget my post.

Edited by SpeedyGonzales
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Blackb1rd said:

Dear players!

We'd like to remind you that trading (buying and selling) Escape from Tarkov accounts is strictly forbidden by the Terms of Service. In such cases, both buyer and seller will be held liable. Therefore, we urge you to avoid making such deals. Do not buy or sell accounts secondhand! In this case, access to the game will be terminated, and buyer risks losing money forever. 

For reference please address to the abstract from Terms of Service:

"13.1 If you violate any provision of these Terms of Service, your permission to use the Services will terminate automatically. Additionally, Battlestate Games Limited, in its sole discretion, may terminate your user account on the Services or suspend or terminate your access to the Services at any time, with or without notice.<...>

5.3 When creating an Account you will also be required to provide a 'user name' and/or 'persona' to represent you in connection with the Services. User names and personas are tied to your Account and are non-transferable (meaning they cannot be transferred to anyone else). You may not use a user name or persona that is used by someone else, is vulgar or offensive, imitates any third party, infringes on any proprietary right of any third party, or otherwise breaches these Terms of Service.

5.4 You must keep all information relating to your Account confidential. At no time should you disclose your account ID or password, secret question or answer to anyone. This includes your friends, relatives, parents, children, spouses, co-workers, and any other player of the Games.

5.5 You are fully responsible for the conduct and actions using your Account and for all breaches of these Terms of Service committed by using your Account. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorised use of your Account or any unauthorised access, use, alteration, modification and/or disclosure of your personal information.

5.6 You must ensure that you secure your Account and computer from third party access. Please notify us immediately at info@battlestategames.com if you become aware of:

(b) any hacking tools being used or that might be used in relation to the Services.

http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/legal/terms_of_service_en.html

uE74XoQ0XX8.jpg.d0e110f8c8015749eb1845333bbb5611.jpg

B00M HEADSHOT! Get em boys!

Can I have like one USEC and one BEAR account in EFT as a lot of friends I've met online are in the BEAR camp and I'm in USEC? Or would I need to have two Paid for copies on my PC?

Also, I only have a tiny SSD in my PC, can I move the large game files installed on the SSD to a Large capacity mechanical Hard Drive (Other than the "Normal" C:\...)?

I will also be upgrading to larger (And in RAID) SSD's... (No time frame on that just yet!) and doing a clean install of windows while I am at it! Can I re-install the Client and Game to the new drives (All or any of this WITHOUT getting a perm ban!)?

I know this is a lot of questions, but if I could get this settled "BEFORE" moving files around, or drop in a pair of new SSD's that would be fantastic! Thanks for one of the BEST games I've played in years! And I hope that it just keeps getting better.

Have a good one! :-)

More Toxic Waste.

Just wondering if I can let some friends play on my account to see if they like it while I have to go away, would that be a problem?

On 8/24/2017 at 10:38 PM, MoreToxicWaste said:

Can I have like one USEC and one BEAR account in EFT as a lot of friends I've met online are in the BEAR camp and I'm in USEC? Or would I need to have two Paid for copies on my PC?

Also, I only have a tiny SSD in my PC, can I move the large game files installed on the SSD to a Large capacity mechanical Hard Drive (Other than the "Normal" C:\...)?

I will also be upgrading to larger (And in RAID) SSD's... (No time frame on that just yet!) and doing a clean install of windows while I am at it! Can I re-install the Client and Game to the new drives (All or any of this WITHOUT getting a perm ban!)?

I know this is a lot of questions, but if I could get this settled "BEFORE" moving files around, or drop in a pair of new SSD's that would be fantastic! Thanks for one of the BEST games I've played in years! And I hope that it just keeps getting better.

Have a good one! :-)

More Toxic Waste.

It will eventually be possible to have three characters on a single account, so you won't need to have more than one account. However, owning more than one account is obviously not prohibited.

You can install your game on whatever drive you want. B, C, D, doesn't matter. Remember that if you move your files you might have to create a new shortcut.

Yes, you can reinstall the game without getting permabanned.

Edited by Lovla
  • Upvote 1

For the love of all that is holy, hire someone with a decent understanding of the english language to make official posts. The spelling and vocabulary in posts, not just this one, as well as in game are sub par and give the impression of amateuristic work.
It can also lead to misunderstandings. 
It cannot possibly be that hard to get a native english speaker to read over posts and spell check for you. And no i'm not suggesting it should be me. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2017 at 11:05 AM, Blackb1rd said:

We'd like to remind you that trading (buying and selling) Escape from Tarkov accounts is strictly forbidden by the Terms of Service.

I'd like to remind you guys that marketing and selling a product in Europe without including the VAT in the shown price is highly illegal by EU law. Maybe you should do something about it.

--------------------------------------------

See http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/pricing-payments/index_en.htm

• Upvote 4

On 8/28/2017 at 3:25 PM, Lovla said:

It will eventually be possible to have three characters on a single account, so you won't need to have more than one account. However, owning more than one account is obviously not prohibited.

You can install your game on whatever drive you want. B, C, D, doesn't matter. Remember that if you move your files you might have to create a new shortcut.

Yes, you can reinstall the game without getting permabanned.

Thank you for getting back to me with the info I asked about. It is greatly appreciated! :-)

Have a good one! :-) More Toxic Waste.

You must keep all information relating to your Account confidential. At no time should you disclose your account ID or password, secret question or answer to anyone. This includes your friends, relatives, parents, children, spouses, co-workers, and any other player of the Games.

You do understand that one of your rules states you can't release any information of your account, but then on the other rule using the wording unauthorized supersedes that rule stating that authorized access by any individual you give permission to would be okay. If you're making a rule stating that you can't account share, then access to the account through a third party regardless of being authorized or not would be in violation of the preceding rule.

The rule should be:

(a) any use of your Account by any person other than yourself or any other breach of security; or

It's not relevant if the access is authorized, because you stated earlier than nobody is allowed to have the information other than the creating user, and that sharing that information with anybody (even their child, or spouse) would violate your terms of service, resulting in a fair ban.

I'd also like to point out that reminding people that robbery is against the law doesn't change that robbers will rob people. The only people you're reminding who care, are people who are already not going to break the rule.

so quick question. im going away overseas and since the wipe is coming i cant enjoy them m4s with bravo4 scope and thousands of usd when im back. If i lend my account to my buddy so that he can enjoy it while im gone, will i get banned? im in canada and he is from the states

3 hours ago, clayton6395 said:

so quick question. im going away overseas and since the wipe is coming i cant enjoy them m4s with bravo4 scope and thousands of usd when im back. If i lend my account to my buddy so that he can enjoy it while im gone, will i get banned? im in canada and he is from the states

Account Sharing

so im taking a break to another country, i dont have a strong pc on where im going so i need to use one of those internet cafes, will logging in into a different country could get me into trouble because the devs might think i sold my account to sum dude halfway from where i am from? Im from Canada and im going away to Indonesia for 3 months. 

5 minutes ago, clayton6395 said:

so im taking a break to another country, i dont have a strong pc on where im going so i need to use one of those internet cafes, will logging in into a different country could get me into trouble because the devs might think i sold my account to sum dude halfway from where i am from? Im from Canada and im going away to Indonesia for 3 months. 

Hello,

No this will not get you in trouble. You are still the one using it. But you might need to know about region locks and how it possibly might affect you. So, please, read the thread below:

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2017 at 2:55 AM, Natalino said:

Hello,

No this will not get you in trouble. You are still the one using it. But you might need to know about region locks and how it possibly might affect you. So, please, read the thread below:

Thanks!

Hey @Natalino, how will the region locks transfer to Steam *if* we're also given Steam keys?
Like everyone else, I really hope to see the game on Steam, and I hope that existing owners can reflect that ownership in Steam (easier to keep all games maintained/updated), but your other post on Steam status doesn't mention how regions might be addressed.