GraveDohl

Idea for the top tier helmet

Hi guys, 

i saw this beauty yesterday and i thought " oh snap if only this one could be in the game it would be amazing"

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aQeXn9K_460sv.mp4

I dont know if it is easily accessible to you guys, but this thing could be amazing for a number of reasons:

• It is a futuristic helmet which actually is there in real life 
  • it is a protector for the whole face area, so less hassle for hitboxes
  • it could be the best level since it protects everything on your face even against heavier bullets

I hope you take this one in consideration since i think this could be an amazing part of the game :)

Here is the site along with some images: http://devtacdesigns.com/

Devtac-Designs-1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by GraveDohl
  • Upvote 1

Would not fit in the game IMO. You play a PMC in an dangerous area where equitment and money is limited. West stuff is supposed to be rare.

2 hours ago, Siansi said:

West stuff is supposed to be rare.

Ah. So that's why everyone, even the lowest bandits (scavs) and ex-BEARs are running with P226 (SIG, Germany) and there are brand new M4A1s (not damaged, broken, or without vital parts, they are brand new ones) just lying on the ground in warehouses? 

That's why there is no problem with supply of AN/PSV-14 (USA)?

That's why half of the scavs are wearing jeans? ;) 

Let me remind you: war in Tarkov started coz of TerraGroup (more or less). USEC is like TG's private army (sorry all 'murica fans, USEC is not connected to US government), and they all use all kinds of stuff, because corporation is pretty much global. If something exists and can be used in war, TG would be easily available to purchase that stuff, give to USEC dudes. Some of them would die, making this stuff available for scavengers (scavs and traders). 

Also, let me remind you all, that we are not playing as USEC or as BEAR, because game says "you are ex-USEC/ex-BEAR PMC" on multiple occasions.

Edited by Forien

Well in that case they can add the Altyn helmet for the tier 3 russian/BEARS and make the actual kevlar helmet tier 2.

UxjW8Is.jpg?1

793038FSBfastrepsonseunit5.jpg

Fsb_alpha_group.jpg

vhdgh.jpg

• Upvote 4

Imo i dont think a full face helmet is necessary, but I still feel like EFT is missing many items so I'm stuck between the idea

I support both helmet ideas!

Oh and to the "western stuff needs to be rare" arguments everywhere:

Usec surely had their armories too in tarkov ... so "rare" does not mean "impossible" :P

Edited by COLanski
  • Upvote 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb IIJackII:

Why we need all these stuff.....?......just to aim to your legs.......KEK

This.
Leg protection + leg damage model overhaul is what we need.

Imo Kiver should be Tier 2, the Altyn should be tier 3 and we need something like an old ww2 helmet or similar as low-tier helmet

Honestly I dont want fictional Airsoft stuff in EFT. It would totally ruin the atmosphere the game is going for.

That 25$ chinese reddot in game freaks me out enough already...

So please no more "toys" - Keep it real

7 minutes ago, Bird_of_prey said:

Honestly I dont want fictional Airsoft stuff in EFT. It would totally ruin the atmosphere the game is going for.

That 25$ chinese reddot in game freaks me out enough already...

So please no more "toys" - Keep it real

. . . 25 dollar chinese red dot? Far as I can tell, there shouldn't be any of those things in the game? Could you tell me what exactly you mean? 

Anyhow, with regards to the helmet. . . No. I'm sorry mate, but this isn't a near future sci-fi game. If it was, I'd be all for that, along with some badass trenchcoats lined with kevlar and other fun things. 

What it's meant to be is a tactical shooter with aspects of looting and other fun things which make it more engaging than mere TDM style gameplay, lending more weight and value to the customization and different weapons. 

As such, well, that mask just doesn't fit in the game. I can see a different, flat faced ballistic face mask, like this: 

Veterans-MFG-Ballistic-Face-Mask.jpg

Or the Altyn, as others have mentioned, but the one you mentioned just doesn't fit with the theme of the game. 

That said, it should also be noted that modern helmets and ballistic masks can't actually stop rifle caliber cartridges, except at extreme ranges, where they've lost most of their energy. They're mostly for shrapnel, more than anything else. Hence why most militaries focus on lighter weight, less protective and covering helmets, like the FAST helmets. Sure, they don't cover as much, but you're more likely to end up having long term trouble from spine compression as a result of wearing a 5 pound helmet than you are to take a bullet in the side of your head that would have actually been stopped by the helmet. 

The Russians, of course, don't care about small things like life long medical issues, so they're fine with weighting their troops down with absurdly heavy loads of gear. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Thats the reddot I was talking about.
http://www.greenbase.hk/Tactical-1X22X33-Red-Dot-Sight-4-Reticle-Reflex-for-Air-soft-Hunting-Rifle-Scopes-NGA0133

Just a bit of background:
Walther the gunmanufactuerer doesnt produce any accessories. The reddot ingame is just an chinese made reddot that is imported by the Umarex Group and rebranded with the "Walther" logo.
From my personal experience I can tell you, that the sight cant handle strong recoil. The glass just falls out at the front after a while of shooting because it is just glued in place. It was made for pellet guns but not for anything stronger than that.
(Finally being able to complain about this felt SOOOOO good)

lets fix the first one first before adding something new?

currently the first one protects you insane even tho it only benefits part of your brain and back of your head not even the face, i like to see something like rust where shooting someone in the eyeball is considered a instant death to the player

Just now, Bird_of_prey said:

To be entirely honest with you, I haven't the faintest clue what the true origin of that sight design is. It looks tacticool, so lots of off brands make their own copies of it's appearance, likely only exacerbated by it's presence in CoD games. . . So, eh, I'd say it's fair to call that a cheap 25 dollar sight. Even if it was a solid quality sight, compared to EOTech, Aimpoint, or even just Holosun sights, I doubt it's worth buying. 

Mich-2000-Helmet-HTBS1N005.jpg

I would like to have something like this before better helmets because the one we have now looks like someone cut a watermelon in half.

• Upvote 1

If its about helmets:

WW2 ones?! -> "Hm.... Why not!!!" You can still find them almost everywhere like in armyshops (or any others military oriented shops), even in the attic in the houses (old ones). So why not in Tarkov man?!! I support this idea!!

Altin and FastHelmets (or any other HELMET style) ones?! -> "Hmm... Why not!!!" There is already M4A1 so why not implement Heavy/Lightweight helmets too from any nation. Because the one now bro.... To be honest its looks like some kind of leather one :D (Its not insulting of the helmet itself, it could be very good helmet in reality (i dont know anything about it) - I only comenting its looks now as a laik to helmets :D)

If its about that mask (Full face protector) -> "Honestly I am not fan of these things and i dont think it would be coresponding to the Tarkov (but its only my opinion you are free to feel differently about it :)), but idea itself counts

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Upvote 1